Day-6

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | All Night

 

***

 

"She's my first friend in College, during my freshmen. She's also a freshmen that time even though she's two years older. But I thought she would only be like my older sister, as I treat her like my unnie only, she started to change as time passes. I mean, she started to flirt on me, do something unexpectedly like making my homework, some of my projects and even treating me for lunch, coffee and sometimes dinner, if I go home late after school." Yoona shared while Seohyun is checking the photos of Sunny in Yuri's blog site.

 

"And it got worse when rumors are spreading that Yoona here, is dating the popular cheerleader that time." Yuri added, taking a bite of her pizza in the process.

 

Yoona chuckles. "You sound so proud."

 

"Of course, since she's my girlfriend that time... And until now." Yuri grinned so wide.

 

"So she thought you're dating Yuri's girlfriend?"

 

"Exactly."

 

"What did she do when she learned about the rumors?" Seohyun glance briefly to Yoona, only then to open and bite the pizza that Yoona is feeding her.

 

"She got so possessive." Yoona replied as she casually bites the pizza she feeds for Seohyun. "She suddenly got so strict and always wanted to see me. Fetch me from home and drop me home from school. She also want me to text her every time I'm not with her. It's like, she wanted to know always what I am doing. I seriously didn't like it. It was okay when she's sweet and caring towards me, but it got too much. As if she wanted my world to be with her only."

 

"Wow, she's obsess indeed." Said Seohyun and opens again without turning her head to Yoona. She only turns to her when she suddenly felt her finger against her lips, wiping something from it. She looked at her confusedly.

 

"There are some little dirt." Yoona grinned and her little finger.

 

"Im Yoona, I have some too." Yuri did not miss the chance and she purse her lips towards her best friend, who's sitting next to her crush, and her, across them.

 

Yoona grabs the tissue paper from the side and give it to her best friend right away. "Give it a lot of wipe until there's more lips left." She jokes, earning a soft chuckle from Seohyun in the side.

 

"You are so bias!" Yuri literally throws the tissue paper to her best friend.

 

"I'm not being biased!" Yoona laughs and throws the tissue back. "I'm just treating who deserves it!"

 

"Aish! I'm really certain you would end up dating officer Seo." Yuri said with a teasing smile to the said officer. "Am I right, Officer?"

 

Seohyun coughs and couldn't looked at either Yuri or Yoona, pretending that she did not hear it by browsing the pictures of Sunny again. She can feel the intense stare from Yoona and Yuri's obvious tease. It got her cheeks turned pinkish again. 'Ugh, why are they doing this to me?' She doesn't exactly know what to react apparently.

 

"By the way, Officer, have you figured the next clue?" Yuri proceeds with the mission again.

 

"Where's the clue?" Yoona's brows furrows.

 

"Here." Seohyun took the piece of note from her purse and handed it to Yoona. But she hasn't check it out yet and Yuri snatched it from the doe-eyed girl's grasp.

 

"I'll figure this out again." Yuri says with a wide smug smile.

 

Yoona almost spit on her food. "You're not that serious, are you?" as she chuckles heartily.

 

"Let's give her the task then." Seohyun smirk briefly to Yuri, who scoffs at her.

 

"Yeah, I agree with you. But we should put a time limit. What do you think, Hyunnie?"

 

"Hmm, 5 minutes?" Seohyun suggested, earning another scoffs from the tan girl. "Right, for five minutes. Tell us the place." she dares, beating the girl from reacting. "Yoona will give you a surprise if you got it. But if not, I'll give you a consequence.

 

"I am totally with you, Officer Seo." Yoona said and hi-5 with the young officer. As if she has something in her mind that can be used for a surprise gift for Yuri.

 

"I seriously can't believe you two." Yuri just shrugs and she checks the clue. There are three words on it again, and it says, "Fun, Place, Holiday." Her eyes widened at the three words that seems to have a lot of meaning behind it.

 

"Whoa, time starts, now." Yoona quick starts her timer over her phone. But she also grabs Yuri's phone before she could use it in figuring the clues. "You will eat these pizzas again if you figure that out." she added, pulling the box closer to her and Seohyun. She didn't think twice and she feeds the young officer again, showing it to her best friend.

 

Yuri sent her best friend her infamous death glares, crumpling the note in the process. It doesn't even help her when Seohyun is also teasing her by showing the minutes left. "Aish!" she shakes her head and returned to the note. She then started figuring the clues, ignoring the two girls' teases on her.

 

Yoona and Seohyun are both smiling in victory while they're slowly finishing the box of pizza and eating the proper meals at the same time. Both couldn't stop watching Yuri, while she's busy being quiet and mumbling to herself, that she can only understands. They couldn't also stopped from glancing to the time remaining, giving Yuri the much pressure, because of their head movements.

 

As the time gets closer and closer to the limit, Yoona spoke.

 

"If I were you, I will just give up and finish the meals." Because they're about to finish their dinner as well.

 

Yuri sighs and she looked at the two girls. "I don't have any idea.... except for beach. And you know what that means? Jeju Island." she said and stopped the timer. "Now, it's up to you guys if you want to agree with Me." grabbing a slice of pizza, she had a big bite.

 

"Wait... I... I honestly have the same guess, Yuri-ssi." Seohyun unexpectedly raise her hand, agreeing with the tan girl.

 

"How can you say it's Jeju?" Yoona couldn't agree right away, however.

 

"Do you remember when Dongwook calls me? I... I have bad feeling... He knows Ji Soo. And he knows where he is right now." Seohyun explained with a sigh.

 

"Chincha?" Yoona didn't expect that.

 

"Why don't you check the travel secutity, Officer? Who knows Dongwook's name is included for passengers to leave?" Yuri suggested as she slowly takes the other meals from her best friend.

 

"That's right. I can check it." Seohyun did not missed a beat and she get up, walk to her room to get her phone and calls her comrades.

 

Yoona was left speechless, staring back to the victorious best friend of hers.

 

"You bettet give me the gift later." Yuri said, can totally see that her best friend doesn't have the 'surprise' gift yet.

 

"As if you're right already." Mumbles Yoona in annoyance. But she let out a sigh, realizing they're about to go to Jeju, where Ji Soo and her fiancée are apparently preparing for their wedding. Would it be a good idea to come and see them or it's better for the two ex-lovers to meet each other? Yoona is anxious and worried for Seohyun.

 

"Hey, why are you quiet out of a sudden?" Yuri poke her best friend's cheek with her finger.

 

"Nothing. I'm just a bit tired now." said Yoona with a small smile. She gets up and went to the kitchen casually.

 

A rising of eyebrows can be seen in Yuri's face, watching her best friend leaving. She felt strange out of a sudden. But decided to shrug it off.

 

"Affirmative!" Seohyun walked out the room only to find Yuri is alone. "Where's Yoongie?" and quickly asked the sudden disappearance of the choding.

 

"Kitchen, Officer. So are we going to book a flight to Jeju, now?" Yuri grinned so wide, ready to call for an air ticket.

 

"Yeah, sure. You can do that now." Seohyun replied and went to the kitchen, where she found Yoona, spacing out with a glass of water in her hand. "Are you okay... Yoongie?" she carefully approaches her, checking her closely.

 

Yoona's thoughts were interrupted as her eyes averted to the girl, staring at her with those concerned eyes. She smiled, fluttered to see it for the first time. "So are we going to Jeju?" she asked her softly.

 

"Yeah, he just booked a ticket 2 hours ago." Seohyun confirmed. "But what's going on? Did something happened earlier?"

 

"You know when you mentioned him... I thought about the possibilities of you and him, seeing each other again in Jeju. I mean, that place is too small, you guys can meet no matter what."

 

"Can I ask you an advice in how to avoid him then?" Seohyun asks, quiet amused that it's Yoona instead who is worried. While her, she's confident they won't see him again. "And besides, you promise to help me." she added, reminding her with the words she said the last time.

 

Yoona chuckles. "I did but-"

 

"Then let me know." Seohyun replied with haste. She took the glass of water from the do-eyed girl and have a few drinks of it.

 

"I can't believe you." Yoona mumbles. "But anyway, I did and I have to say... " she pause as she thinks of it for a little while. "You should always stick with me and avoid all the familiar faces you can see around, once we're there. And focus to the mission, araso? Otherwise, I'll be upset." she warned her, seriously.

 

Seohyun giggles and shows off her pinky finger. "Then that's the rule for our Jeju trip. And we should lock it in."

 

"Wow, this thing actually still exists?" Yoona never think it twice and she tangles her own pinky finger, to shake their fingers together, smiling like a fool to the other girl. "Let's do this again. And hopefully, we'll get him this time."

 

"Now that we know his motives, we'll catch him soon enough." said Seohyun, feeling thankful that she's not just the only one who is working for the case. It's rare that the victim is helping her - and it's even special for her.

 

Yoona ended their pinky promise first and reached for the hair strands near Seohyun's hair, tucking it behind her ear. The latter's eyes averted somewhere, as she shyly smiled. "Seohyun, you're so pretty, so don't stop smiling." she whispers, sincerely.

 

Seohyun goose bumps and slowly made eye-contacts with the other girl, she finds Yoona's face so close, which surprised her, "Yoongie... what are you..." and also made her nervously gulp. Then before she knows it, her one arm sneaks around her back in her waist, pulling her closer to her, until their lips are just inches apart. It made her heart go wild as her body stiffens by their position. Her hands were on her shoulders for a support.

 

"I don't know but you're more than pretty when you're this close to me. Can I do this always to you? I feel like it gives me life, feeling your breath brushing into my face." says Yoona huskily, as her eyes closes and forehead is against with the other girl's.

 

Seohyun doesn't know why but she's relaxing and her eyes are closing to its own. Her heart beats is just the only sound she can hear, hopefully the doe-eyed girl doesn't hear it. But she's starting to like their position. Their warm breath are indeed relaxing their tired bodies after a long day. She feels like she could fall asleep if they remain in the position for some time. Yoona is really so sweet, giving her some rest through her.

 

"It was such a tiring day." Yoona whispers, after a little silence.

 

"I know." And Seohyun whispers back.

 

"And I'm so glad that we caught him today."

 

"Though did not keep him."

 

"At least we have done it. We know now how to catch him."

 

"Yeah~ Thank you also." Seohyun replied, so soft like an angel.

 

Yoona was about to reply when Yuri suddenly barged inside.

 

"Guys!!! I've booked three tickets already!!! We're coming to JEJU! HELL YEAH!!!"

 

They hastily let go of each other and moved away, as they faced Yuri with flustered faces.

 

"Oh my God, what just happened?" Yuri asked, didn't actually saw it clearly because both girls are so quick from facing her. But their faces are telling her that they did something before she went inside.

 

"Nothing. Let's just continue with your excitement outside." Yoona quickly move, grabbing her best friend's shoulders and drags her outside, leaving Seohyun alone, whose face is as pink as her. But the young officer couldn't help it and fan herself, while trying to convince herself that what happened earlier is just one of her instincts. Like she's tired and she would eventually need something or someone to rest on. But her heart beats are telling her otherwise. Their closeness earlier is something else. But she couldn't figure what it is about.

 

"Aish! I'm just really so tired." shaking her head, She composed herself also and walked out the kitchen, joining the two girls again.

 

 

***

 

 

The sun is brighter than Seoul in Jeju, Seohyun, Yuri and Yoona all noticed that the moment they stepped out of the airport. Yoona has to use her sunglasses while Yuri and Seohyun put on their snapback over their heads for heat protection.

 

"Wow, it's been a while I last saw Jeju." Yuri couldn't help it and say it loud, how amazed she is always with Jeju's beautiful ocean, while they're taking the road. Yoona is the one driving right now. Seohyun is in the passenger seat on the other hand.

 

"As for me, I went here last college tour." Seohyun did not shy about it and she confessed. She can still visibly recall the times she had with her friends or classmates. It was totally unforgettable.

 

"College tour? That's long ago, Hyunnie." Yoona reacted with a small smile. "You must be so busy to even have a holiday."

 

Seohyun turned to the driver's seat, only to sigh, because Yoona looks so cool on a sunglass. And she was even wearing a navy shirt. She totally nails her outfit for today. She didn't say a word and turned outside again, smiling secretly on her own.

 

"Why don't we go around the beach before searching for Dongwook?"

 

"We don't have so much time for that. We only have 20 hours left."

 

"So it ends tonight." Yuri sighed disappointingly. Just when the mission is getting so interesting and intense, it’s about to end.

 

"I doubt this is the last stop. If we can't able to catch him, I have a feeling he'll give another place." Seohyun shares her thoughts seriously, that got the two choding's attention.

 

"Well, we better catch him now. Otherwise, it will be hard again."

 

"Are you in a rush, Yoona? Dude we only have four days left. There are still plenty of time." Yuri disapprove her best friend's ideas. She sounded like she wanted to go home immediately after they catch him.

 

"Whay I am trying to say is, if we have the chance already, we should catch him. He's dangerous you know." Yoona defended herself. "Of course I would like to stay here more than 10 days too. It's just that, I have no reasons to extend it yet." She can't help it and hinted, glancing to Seohyun in the process. But the latter has unreadable expression. She doesn't know if she gets her or not.

 

"Seohyun, just give Yoona a reason to stay." Yuri teased, earning a weird look from the latter. "I was just kidding." She chuckled embarrassingly.

 

"I... Don't know how to actually react to that." Although she would be glad as well if Yoona will stay longer, she's not aware with any reasons to make Yoona stay.

 

"You don't have to, Hyunnie. It was just non sense." Yoona takes it back right away, before Seohyun could be uncomfortable or something.

 

"Hehe I know."

 

"Well, moving to another topic... What food are going to eat for lunch?" Yuri randomly asked.

 

Both girls at the front are rolling their eyes at the same time.

 

"Why not? We have to eat a lot again. You know we can't move if we don't eat." Yuri stated as a fact.

 

"Well." Yoona just brushed it off while Seohyun smiled on her own.

 

 

***

 

 

"Kyaaaaaa!!!"

 

Yuri jumps in surprise as soon as Seohyun's loud squeal erupted from the other room. "What the - is she crazy? Why is she squealing?"

 

Yoonais grinning, knowing exactly why the young officer is squealing over something, drinking a bottle of water without answering her best friend.

 

"Yah! Do you know why she's squealing?" Yuri hits her best friend literally. But before she could answer her, Seohyun came out, hugging some stuffs in her armed and runs to them like a bunny.

 

"This is so fluffy and cute, Yoongie. Thank you so much. I love it." Seohyun said with a random bow.

 

Yoona eventually stands up and straightened her. "Why are you bowing? That's not necessary. You really deserve the gift." She told her while chuckling in amusement. Seohyun didn't think twice and she hugs her.

 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, I really love this." Seohyun squeezed the other girl out of her happiness and gratitude.

 

Yuri is agape. 'Just because of that cat doll?' Couldn't almost believe that Seohyun got so hype with it.

 

 

"It's nothing. I knew you would love it." Yoona is blushing, yet she hugs her back. She sneaks the stuff toy earlier into the girl's luggage, so she can surprise her. She's glad she did surprised her.

 

Pulling back, Seohyun still wears the best smile in the morning. "I'll make sure to take care of her. Okay?"

 

"Wait, why don't you name the stuff toy? It would be so adorable if there's one." Yoona suggested shamelessly.

 

"Okay, I'll think of it later." Seohyun then returns to her room, still hopping like a bunny.

 

Yuri laughs. "Are you sure you are crushing on the right person, Yoong?"

 

"Wae?" Yoona glared at her best friend, as she returns to her seat.

 

"Come on, it's obvious. She's not a human. She's a bunny. One day, she's going to eat all the carrots in the world." Yuri explained, like it's a serious thing.

 

"Isn't that going to be so adorable?" Yoona giggles.

 

"Are you willing to feed her?" Yuri gasps.

 

"Why not? As long as she's my bunny." Yoona proudly says.

 

"Heol. This is what you got from falling for someone that's not actually a human. Aigoo, I'm lucky and I am dating a princess."

 

Yoona just burst into a tremendous laugh. She couldn't help it and grabs the pillow nearby, throwing it to her best friend. "Don't start it! Your girlfriend is a tiger! She's not human as well!"

 

"Yah! She's not a tiger!" Yuri throws the pillow back, defending her own girlfriend.

 

"Tell me she's not when she always gets mad every time you made a mistake? Eh?"

 

"Ugh! She's really NOT! Period!"

 

"Then what is she?"

 

"A Priness!"

 

"A princess my a**." Yoona rolled her eyes, couldn't actually agree because for her, there's only one princess. "My SeoPrincess is better."

 

"Yah! Are fighting with me?" Yuri stands up and slams her two hands to the table.

 

"Wae? You are triggered?" Yoona counters back. She was about to stand up too when a cough was heard from the side. They eventually turned their heads to the source of it, only to make their jaw drop - especially Yoona, who can't put into her words, how much Seohyun looks so gorgeous in a white floral dress. Then her hair is being tied up, suits well for the tropical Island. She had a light make-up on and earrings. She had a bright face, which is more than important - because that means, she's truly starting to forget the pain. "Hyu-hyunnie..."

 

"Whoa~ aren’t we here for a mission, Offic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter