Day-7

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07 | Surprise

 

***

 

Seohyun woke up the following day, still tuck inside the comforter, couldn't still get out of it because of one reason - the kiss she had with Yoona last night keeps on repeating her mind. It had 30 minutes since she woke up from her deep slumber, and 30 minutes since her mind had been repeating the events last night. She wasn't even aware of it, but her cheeks are like the pinkish of all pinkish kin. For the past thirty minutes as well, she couldn't get herself away from the fact that she loved the kissed. It was like eternity and she can still feel Yoona's sweet lips against her lips right now. And there she is also, smiling like a fool... Like she has never kissed anyone in her entire 20 years of existence. Or more like, she's young again to kiss someone. It was damn unforgettable for her.

 

Meanwhile, outside the room, Yuri keeps on knocking on her door, asking her to come out already for breakfast. But she's too busy on her world to even listen what's going on outside.

 

"Has she wake up yet?" Yuri wonders, scratching the back of her neck lightly. She decided to leave the door and returned to the living room, wherein, she can see Dongwook, lying in the couch with her hands being tied and feet as well, which is the reason she couldn't sit up from her lying position. How's everything there, Dongwook-ssi?" she asks as she takes her seat across the guy.

 

"Could you please untie me?" Angrily, Dongwook favoured. She keeps on struggling, trying to break free but it's too tight for him. And the fact that he is being tied behind makes it even harder to do.

 

"Tell me one good reason and I will untie you." Yuri smirks, knowing the latter can't come up with a reason.

 

"I'm going to tell you where's the laptop." said Dongwook, seriously.

 

'. The laptop indeed.' Yuri cursed under her breath, upon realizing the laptop is not yet in their hands. She almost forgot about it. "Really? Will you really tell us?" but she can't trust him right away.

 

"Are you insane?! I wouldn't go here if I can't tell you the laptop."

 

"Why would you actually come here? Like you're surrendering." Yuri have thought of it.

 

Scoffing, Dongwook yells. "BECAUSE I HAVE THE FREAKING LAPTOP! CAN'T YOU GET IT?!"

 

"Oh hold on, I think you're up to something else. I mean, based on the cctv, you seemed to be fighting back. Are you really here just because of the laptop? Or you plan to kidnap Seohyun-ssi?" Yuri grinned, teasing the older one.

 

Dongwook frustratingly kicks the arm's rest in the couch, sending the tan girl death glares, as if it will work on the latter. But all that Yuri did is stuck her tongue.

 

"If you want to tell us the location of the laptop, then better tell us now, before we could bring you to the station and put you behind the bars." Yuri said and stands up; ready to leave when she changed her mind. "I almost forgot I'm here to guard you." so she takes her seat back, and grabs her phone from her pocket. "And since you don't like talking to me, and as me, I will just listen to some music, hmm? It's better company than to watch you struggle from those ropes that won't ever be broken." she stuck her tongue to the taller one again and put on a headset to her ears, plays a music before she opens a game application. 'Ugh, that choding though. Why did she left so early. Hopefully she'll bring a food later.' she thought, reminding herself that her best friend did not wait her, to wake up and left her alone in her bed. 'Seohyun on the other hand seems still sleeping. What's happening to them? Did I missed something again? Tsk, tsk, I wonder what happened when I was sleeping?Aish, I hate them.'

 

-

 

Stopping on her tracks, Yoona put her two hands over her knees, supporting herself as she catches on her breath heavily. She had been jogging around, since she woke up, and her thoughts had been also running; about the kissed she had with Seohyun. It's still running on her mind; no matter how much she wanted stop herself from doing it. Well, it's just because the kiss is totally the best kiss she had ever had. And she's a curious as to what Seohyun have felt during the kiss.

 

'Hopefully she had a good sleep.' She thought, opening her bottle of water and take a couple of drinks. But she ends up pouring it into her head, and once again, she jogs, but this time, going back to the hotel. She had enough rounds and would like to eat breakfast already.

 

-

 

Upon hearing the door was unlock, Yuri's head quickly turned to the side and smile as her best friend walks in. "Where's the fo... What happened to you?" But she stands up immediately when it surprised her, to see her sleeveless shirt all wet. "Did you drink the water into your head? Or what?" she exclaimed exaggeratedly.

 

"I ordered for breakfast already. I'll just take a shower." Yoona said and smile. But she stopped from walking when she realized Dongwook is already awake. She looked at him with her infamous glare but Dongwook looked away. "You better tell me later. Otherwise, you will forever be in that couch." she warned him before she proceeds to the room she shared with her best friend. However, just before she could walk in, the next room opens and Seohyun walks out, quickly their eyes met and she unconsciously reminded by the kiss. Her heart skips a beat and she greeted her with charming smile. "Good morning." along with a soft voice.

 

"Good morning." Seohyun smiled back but in a shy way. She hastily returns to her room and close the door behind her, pressing her back against the door as she blushes also reminded by the kiss. Unknowingly, her chest is pounding so fast. "What's going on with me? I've never been like this, have I?" she asks herself as she tries to search for an answer but no, she couldn't. "Aish!" frustratingly, she stomps her feet as she headed back to her bed, jumping into it and wails with her current situation.

 

Yoona on the other hand just happily returns to the room, grabs a towel and is humming a song as she heads to the shower room.

 

Yuri is dumbfounded, couldn't figure what happened earlier. Though it's quick, she manages to see Seohyun and her smile, especially the pinkish cheeks. She sighs and takes her seat back, crossing her arms as she tried to think of any possible reason that made the young officer to look like a young teenager. But to her dismay, it's hard to assume stuffs. She will only be peaceful if she gets to know everything that happened last night from her best friend. Cause it's impossible for the young police officer to share it to her, for sure.

 

-

 

After having a quiet and peaceful breakfast with Yoona and Yuri, Seohyun finally sat down in front of Dongwook, wearing a serious look, unlike to her previous behaviour earlier with Yoona around.

 

"For the last time, Mister Lee, Where did you hide Yoona's laptop?" But likewise, it's not easy to make somebody sing about information. It's always a headache for her when a suspect doesn't go along with what you want. "If you're not going to tell us now, we will be bringing you back to Seoul and file you a case."

 

Yoona and Yuri both nodded their heads. Both are crossing their heads, sitting next to the police officer. They've been so quiet, as her request.

 

"Like I said, untie me first before I tell you the location." Dong wook stays firm with his decision. "And I won't tell you a single thing about the reason of this, Im Yoona." He glances to the doe-eyed girl, smirking at her.

 

"I don't need an explanation. It doesn't necessary anymore. I just want my laptop be back." Yoona said in a serious tone. Although she guesses it's because of Sunny, she doesn't want to hear anything about it unless she's not the reason her friend have committed suicide.

 

Dong wook laughs out so loud, sarcastically. All three ladies in front of him are staring at him with obvious un-amused expressions. He stops laughing when he feels like they're not going to react anymore. "NO." But still he stays firm with his decision. Then he looks away from them. His eyes however landed to the food in the table in the side, quickly causing his stomach to growl. 'Ugh, I'm hungry.'

 

Yoona and Yuri both heard the noise Dongwook's stomach have created and both grin to each other as they have the same idea in mind.

 

"We'll give you all the food in the table, so tell us the location." Yuri said in behalf of her best friend.

 

Seohyun turned to Yuri and raised her brows. "Are you sure he will take that kind of offer?" and feels like it's not going to work.

 

"He's hungry, Officer Seo." Yoona nudged the clueless officer, earning blank expressions from the latter. "He's obviously hungry." She grinned to Dongwook as soon as the thief has sent her a glare. "Am I right, Mister Lee?" She teases further.

 

"Not just the food, we'll give you plane ticket back to Seoul if you will tell us right away and you will bring us there." Yuri additionally offered.

 

Dong wook scoffs. "You guys are funny. I would rather have a stomach ache than to accept that bullsh*t offer. Just bring me to the police station already, though. That's what I actually planned." he grins afterwards. 'These two are stupid.'

 

"Don't you want to be untied as well?" Yoona added, causing for the latter to laugh out so loud again.

 

"YAH! YOU ING SHUT UP!" Both YoonYul yelled angrily, taken the young officer between them to jump in surprise.

 

"What the heck, Yoona, Yuri?! You guys surprised me!" Seohyun literally slaps their arms respectively. "Be patient! He will eventually give in!" and scolded them.

 

"Be patient? It had been 2 hours since we started interrogating this idiot." Yuri stated as a fact.

 

"Yuri is right. We can't waste another hours for him to tell us the location!" Yoona supported her best friend. "He should tell us like, N.O.W.!" she frustratingly yelled.

 

"Yah! Im Yoona! That's my girlfriend's expressions! Don't plagiarized it!" Yuri throws a pillow straight to her best friend's face, but only to see her sticking her tongue. "Aish." she attempted to hit her, but Seohyun surprisingly got her wrist. "Wae?"

 

"Quit that. There's no need for any violence here." Seohyun explained as she let go of Yuri's wrist.

 

"Um, that was just like an instinct, Officer. I mean, I used to hit my best friend, right Yoongie?"

 

Yoona shakes her head, disagreeing.

 

"What?!"

 

"Yah! Just stop it. We're not here for that. We're here to start torturing this bullsh*t." Seohyun stands up and grabs Dongwook on his arm, pulling him up. "And you have to tell us NOW!" she yells at his face angrily. She looked at him, with her infamous death glare that could make everyone shake.

 

"Where-where are you taking me?" Dongwook got scared and trembles.

 

Yoona and Yuri are both gulps nervously, watching the young officer, now dragging Dongwook forcefully to her room. But they hastily follow them inside, wondering what Seohyun will do to the thief.

 

"What are you go-going to do with him?" Asked Yoona, as she and Yuri holds hands.

 

Seohyun put Dong wook down in a sitting position, at the edge of her bed before she went to her closet and took something from it. As she returns, she reveals a stun gun.

 

Yoona and Yuri widened their eyes. "What is that?" But because they don't know the thing.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Dong wook however knows, as he yelled in complaints. "Don't you ing used that to me!"

 

"I don't want to do this to you but since you leave me no choice, I can't waste time anymore, like Yoona and Yuri have said." Seohyun pointed the stun gun in front of Dong wook's eyes and, "Now tell me where is the laptop and tell us the reason why you ing playing games with us?!" she frustratingly yells at the end, pushing the stun gun forward.

 

"FIIIIIINEEEEE!" Dongwook close his eyes tight, bracing his self for the shock he will receive. But nothing happened. However, he cannot contain it anymore. "I'm not really the thief!" And reveals it truthfully.

 

Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun all widened their eyes, surprised with the revelation.

 

Opening his eyes, Dongwook looked up to Seohyun. "I-I was just asked by someone! I mean, someone ask me to steal the laptop and play with you guys. The-the laptop. It's not with me anymore, nor I know the location of it." he then finds himself staring back to the surprise doe-eyed girl. "Miss Im, my sister has committed suicide indeed but I've already accepted it. It's not because of you she did it; it's because of my stupidity. It's because I did not take care of her that she committed suicide!" and confused bravely to the person his sister have ever loved before. "She committed suicide because I want her to accept Ji Soo's parents offer. She doesn't want to accept it of course, but I force her. I just later finds out she would rather die than to be married by someone she doesn't love."

 

"J... Jisoo?" Seohyun slowly put her guard down. "What... is this about?" Her heart is beating fast, upon hearing the mention of her ex. "Why is he being mentioned here? What's your connection with him?!" She freaking wanted to know.

 

"And who ask you to steal the laptop?" Yoona curiously asked. "Who ask you to threaten my company?!" It gives her goose bumps all over her body. Yuri, she's just quiet, just interested to know what will Dong wook say next.

 

Sighing deeply, the culprit was about to tell Yoona the truth when Yuri's phone rings. All of their attention turned to her, and the tan girl eventually picked it up from her pocket and left the room to excuse herself.

 

"Kindly tell us?" Yoona gestures. She reached for the stun gun in Seohyun's hand and put it away from her. She can feel the eagerness of the young officer to know the truth behind the revelation, and it drives her insane as well.

 

"A lady from Australia told me." Dongwook revealed.

 

"A lady from what?" Yoona confused asked back.

 

"WHAAAAAAT??? YOU'RE GOING HEREEEE???!!!" Yuri from the outside suddenly caught their attention from the inside.

 

"What's up with her?" Seohyun's brows raises, confused as well, but for Yuri rather.

 

Yoona was about to answer when Yuri have scream.

 

"JESSICA JUUUNGGGG WAIT FOR MEEEEE!!!" And a loud thud of a door being slammed close was heard, indicating that Yuri have already left their hotel room.

 

"That. That was the name. I mean, my boss is Jessica Jung! She called me and ask me to take the laptop that time from you Miss Im." Dongwook quickly explained upon hearing the name outside. "My intention is only to play games with you guys, but I didn't know you guys will follow me here in Jeju. I decided to end it already. Seriously, that was only my reason. Not because I have held any grudges or I have something against with you, Miss Im."

 

Yoona literally curse under her breath. "That rascal." clenching her jaw and her fists.

 

"Isn't that Yuri's girlfriend?" Seohyun raised her brows to confirm.

 

"Yes, it's her girlfriend - and how the she knows you?" asked Yoona to Dongwook.

 

Taken aback, Dongwook revealed in a fast manner, "Jessica Jung is my employer. I mean, I'm a technician. An online technician at night and a waiter in the day. It just a coincidence that I know Ji Soo and his parents."

 

"So you're working in my company?!"

 

"Obviously. But Miss Jung is my boss, since I'm under her department."

 

"How the I didn't know?"

 

"Wait - how are you related to Ji Soo?" Seohyun couldn't wait any longer and she wanted to know, like Yoona is too curious about the culprit.

 

Dongwook chuckles. "Can't you guys slow down? I'm just... one. And... Apparently. I'm hungry." But ends up grinning. He himself can no longer take the pain in his stomach. He needs to eat already. Otherwise, he can't think straight.

 

Looking into each other's eyes, Yoona and Seohyun both sighs in defeat.

 

-

 

"Ji Soo is a good friend of mine back when I was still working as a model. We're too close to the point his parents knows me and trusted me. We recently hang out 2 months ago, that time; I am already 6 months as a waiter. I was already Miss Jung's employer that time also. Um, and that time... I... I learned he doesn't like his parents for making him like a two timer. I mean... because his parents don’t like his girlfriend, they set him up to a blind date. He couldn't disagree so he decided to date the girl behind your back, Officer Seo. Until he got closer and closer with her to the point where they would end up in the bed. I'm sorry to tell you this but he also shared, he got her pregnant and that he is happy about it... because he have learned to love her. He also told me, he can't continue his relationship with you anymore when his heart have changed." Dongwook looked down as he shared what he have learned from talking with his friend. "And I don't know if it's true... he plans to invite you to the wedding."

 

Yoona is fast, as she held Seohyun's hand to comfort her, as the latter is once again trembling, both in anger and hurting. Her tears are even threatening to fell again. Obviously, her heart is still not over about Ji Soo. "Aigoo, I knew this is not going to help you."

 

"I'm okay. It's okay, Yoona." Seohyun smiled and she holds into her emotions. She gives the doe-eyed a light sque

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter