Day-5

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Making a Move

 

***

 

Seohyun wakes up the next day, feeling like her world is flipping because of the headaches she's experiencing. She didn't remember a thing to cause her having a bad headache.

 

Holding into her head, she get up from her bed and headed outside, in a slow manner.

 

"Good morning, Officer Seo." Yuri greeted cheerfully, getting up from the couch and approach the latter right away. "Do you want some?" She offers the cocoa drink she's apparently holding in her right.

 

"No. Thanks. I think need some water. My throat is so dry." Replied the young officer, rubbing and massaging her head gradually, as she heads to the kitchen.

 

Yuri just keep shut and follows the latter to the kitchen, quietly but excitedly. Heck, she had to stopped when Seohyun also stopped. "Why? What's the problem?"

 

"The-the... Table..." Seohyun is actually stunned by their dining table, that has a lot of plates, mostly korean foods. She is flustered when each of it has smiling face as a design.

 

"Oh, Did you like it? Yoona made all of them." Yuri proudly says. That choding wakes up so early just to cook food. And of course, with a help of a chef. Since her best friend isn't good at it.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun exclaimed. "I thought she doesn't know how to cook just like you."

 

"Yah! We do know how to cook too but not just too good at it. Just like you." Yuri was a bit offended. "You really don't like me, No?"

 

"I... Just didn't expect it. And look how many of it. It's like dinner or there's someone having birthday?" Seohyun said and went to the fridge.

 

"Well, technically, it's her Grandma's death anniversary today." Yuri confessed truthfully.

 

Seohyun turned her head to look at the other girl in surprised. "P-Pardon?"

 

"Oh, don't be surprise. I mean, I'm sure all of us have deceased right? Yoona is probably on the way back now."

 

"Where did she go? Ugh, excuse me." Seohyun winced when the pain in her head strucks her again. She immediately went to the coffee maker and makes it herself.

 

"She went to visit her late grandma's grave. I see you're having some hang over from last night. You should drink the medicine I bought for you." Yuri was about to leave when Seohyun declined her.

 

"No thanks. I'm okay with this. The pain will subside with just a coffee." Seohyun mutters. She then turned her head to Yuri. "So I end up drinking last night?" Just to ask.

 

"You don't remember?" Yuri isn't surprised anymore. Even though she would like to see her remembering everything last night. Including her kiss to Yoona. And the way she cuddles with her like they're this close now.

 

Seohyun had a blank stare to Yuri. "What should I remember?"

 

"N-nothing." Yuri chuckled. "I was just checking if you know you drink last night until you barely could walk.

 

"Omo, Did I burden you last night?" Seohyun instantly felt bad.

 

"Me? No. But my best friend? Absolutely, Yes." Yuri smiled meaningfully.

 

"Otoke, What did I do?"

 

"Yah! Your coffee is done!" Yuri however noticed Seohyun's coffee have already cooked. The latter immediately shifted her attention to the maker and put on a mug to have her black coffee already. "But to answer your question, I'll just say... You made my best friend so happy." She flashed another big smile and left the kitchen right away - flopping back to the sofa, as her eyes went back to the TV screen.

 

"I made Yoona... happy?" Seohyun's brows scrunch as she takes a sip of her coffee. 'I wonder what was it?' As it definitely bothers her. She tried to remember it. 'Ugh, I can't remember.' But she can't.

 

She shakes her head and followed Yuri outside. "Aren't you hungry yet?"

 

"Yoona hasn't comeback." Yuri stated as a fact. "You can join me in the couch if you want, Officer Seo." She patted the empty space, offering it to the latter.

 

"No thanks. I'll just take a shower first. So the headaches will be gone as well." Seohyun mutters and left to the room.

 

Yuri smiled on her own. She can feel Seohyun is uncomfortable around her. And she will be only awkward if she takes her offer. "Should have ask her about yesterday... It might give her a reason to stay in the living room. Oh well." She shrugs her shoulders and just returns to the drama, she doesn't even understand.

 

-

 

After changing her clothes into skinny jeans and white top, plus sneakers, Seohyun walks out of the room, to finally see Yoona. She smiled at her eventually, which made her do the same.

 

"Now, let's eat the breakfast, before it could completely get cold." Yuri stands up from the couch and heades excitedly to their dining table right away.

 

Yoona follows but stops halfway when Seohyun held her wrist. "Waeyo?" She raise her brows in confusions.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't know it's your grandma's death anniversary, Yoona." Seohyun explain with a small pout. "And I'm sorry for your loss."

 

"It's okay." Yoona smiled big, reassuringly. "It doesn't actually have to be shared. I mean, it had been 2 years since she left us. It's not that big deal anymore."

 

"No, it's about the food. I thought you cooked for no reason. I feel bad." Seohyun sighs.

 

Holding the other girl's face in both hands, "You don't know, so there's no reason for that, okay?" Yoona flashes another cheerful smile and she ushers the young officer to come and follow Yuri already.

 

However, Seohyun had a little pause, as she was actually surprised with Yoona's hold over her cheeks. She felt a little flustered but it somehow makes her smile, upon seeing the bright mood from the doe-eyed girl, despite her loss. She shakes her head and follows them casually for their breakfast.

 

"By the way, I've thought of it earlier. Let's start the search again in Seoul's big Libraries."

 

"Yeah, about that. I just realized Seoul has ten libraries. Including the National one, which is the biggest." Yoona replied before she took a bite on her meal.

 

"So let's start with the five major Libraries." Seohyun informed.

 

"But before that, let's eat a lot. It's another long day... For our fifth day here, Yoong." Yuri also gives her best friend some reminders.

 

"Yeah, I know." Yoona put on a small smile to her best friend. Yuri actually told her earlier, while Seohyun is still sleeping, 'She ask you to take her pain away? Then this is a great time to make a move and give her a reason to forget about Ji Soo. Give her a reason to smile again. Give her a reason to fall in love again. And that, the years she had with Ji Soo is nothing compared to you. We can't guarantee if it will be a success but there's no harm in trying, right?'

 

Seohyun wanted to ask what's going on, but she decided to keep it inside. Either way, it must be something that doesn't relate to the mission.

 

 

***

 

 

The sun is nearly blinding, Seohyun, Yoona and Yuri couldn't see a cloud in the sky, but they all can hear birds chirping. But despite how hot it is, it never stopped them from going into their third Library of the day. The first two libraries seem impossible for Dongwook to come because both libraries are so strict with identification card. They went to check the security and none of any identities that were recorded as unknown, as well as their CCTV. They thought they would only waste time if they stay longer there - so they proceed to their next library.

 

Just like they have planned, they separate into different locations and search for anyone that's strange for their eyes, also searching for any note that might be another clue for another location, Dongwook have intentionally place somewhere.

 

However, for Yoona who has two missions for the day, is not just looking for Dongwook, she's checking every shelf, as her goal is to make Seohyun smile again, to help the latter slowly but surely getting over her past. Shortly, she saw a small card, which quickly gives her a reason to smile. It was a great timing when she spotted Seohyun is from another shelf, checking books and other stuffs. She quickly had an idea, and took her phone out, so she snap a photo of the card that says,

She immediately looked at her after she sent the photo.

 

Seohyun took her phone from the pocket of her suit jacket and check the photo she sent, it did not just made her smile, and she also giggles. "Silly. What's up with her?" she mutters and held the smartphone in both hands, replying to the doe-eyed girl.

 

To Yoona: What's up with you? Are u okay?

 

Yoona's phone beeps and she quickly reads the message. She couldn't help it and smile so wide while typing on her reply.

 

To Seohyun: You guess ;p

 

Seohyun's brows scrunch as she reads the tease response. She wanted to scold the latter for not searching for Dongwook, but she is actually tempted to response. She thought for a second somehow and replied.

 

To Yoona: You're hungry?

 

Yoona did not expect the guess but she eventually made another teasing response.

 

To Seohyun: When u thought of someone, what do u do?

 

Again, Seohyun had her eyes rising. She looked around, searching for Yoona, but she couldn't find her. "Geez." shrugging off, she ends up replying.

 

To Yoona: What are you doing right now? Aren't you supposed to look for Dongwook?

 

Yoona straightened herself again after she had crouch down, when the latter looks around. She didn't think it twice and replied automatically.

 

To Seohyun: Aren't u doing the same? Quick, answer me. I'll give you some gifts u deserve.

 

Seohyun smiled unconsciously. She didn't think Yoona is really looking for Dongwook, but she couldn't scold her and she replied.

 

To Yoona: I don't do anything. Is that okay for a gift?

 

Yoona glances to the young officer and quietly giggles when she saw her lips pouting cutely. She looks like a kid wanted to have some prize or something. She didn't wait her any longer and she replied.

 

To Seohyun: Can u guess mine? I will give you a gift if u can ;p

 

"Ugh." Seohyun groaned with the kind of response she received. She thought Yoona will quickly give her a gift. But she replied to her eventually.

 

To Yoona: I don't know! What do you do then???

 

from Yoona: When I thought of someone... I always make sure to make her smile. And you know who am I thinking right now?

 

Looking around again, she wanted to make sure she won't miss Dongwook around. Satisfied that he's not yet spotted, she returns to her phone. But before she can actually type a response -

 

"You. I'm thinking about you right now." Yoona's whisper made her pause and slowly turned her head to her left, just so she could meet the girl's doe-eyes and feel her hot breath. Her heart beats quickens and she felt like she's being hypnotized. "There's always a reason to smile, Hyunnie. You just have to find it." she softly added, smiling charmingly to her. She gulped nervously, couldn't really looked away. She thought of what she says, but it only made her remember what happened last night, because of the nickname she calls for her. Everything went flashing into her mind, as if a movie sequence or something; from the aegyo she made for Yoona, to whining and the kissed she made to her cheek. Seohyun's cheeks eventually turned like a tomato, as she felt a little embarrass with what she did. That's the time she looked away from her eyes. 'Kyaa, how did I do that? But it seems, she doesn't remember also from what happened last night? Was she drunk as well?'

 

"So from now on,I'm giving you the reason to smile... again." Yoona added in a whisper, loving the way the young officer's cheeks are turning so red. She looked so adorable and how much she wanted to kiss her cheeks. But she holds herself and she held her free hand rather.

 

"Yoona... " Seohyun had no time to response anymore when her phone vibrates against her palms, although she wanted to tell her how fluttered she is right now. She checks it immediately and finds out its Yuri. "Hey." she answered right away.

 

[Have you guys spotted Dongwook? I've already look every corner of this library, yet I couldn't find him and you two. Where are you guys anyway? I'm already in the parking lot.]

 

Seohyun looked into Yoona's eyes again. "Yuri, she's looking for us. I think this is another failed library." she told her with a soft chuckle.

 

"Yeah, I think we should get going." Yoona replied and did not mind letting go of the young officer, as she drags her gently with her.

 

Seohyun wanted to let go upon realizing their hands, but she's holding her tight, and she thinks it will only waste their time if she stopped them. She couldn't help it and she holds her back rather, feeling warm and comfortable with her hand against hers.

 

 

***

 

 

Their Third and fourth all fails, until the fifth, which is the smaller library in Seoul, they found another note that was sure telling them to another place.

 

"Large Upright Wheel."

 

"Up and Down."

 

"Shiny ring." Yuri reads the last description. "Isn't he becoming cheesy?" Just to realize the words are becoming hard to understand.

 

"He is obviously talking about a circle. A thing that shape like a circle." Seohyun also commented. "What does this mean?"

 

Both Yoona and Yuri put their finger under their chin and looked upward, as they think of what could be the place.

 

"It's something like a wheel." Yoona mutters, trying to figure it.

 

"And obviously will move." Seohyun added. "But it's a large wheel. A truck?" she chuckled softly.

 

"Shiny ring? Why did he also add that? Isn't that rings like the one we wear in our fingers?" Yuri wonders if it's a real ring Dongwook is talking about.

 

"Aigoo, it's hard." Yoona sighed, taking her seat nearby. Seohyun and Yuri followed, making her being the in the middle. And the two also got quiet, which seems to be the only way for them to think it thoroughly.

 

Not long enough, someone suddenly laughs out so loud. Yoona and Seohyun's head turns to the source of it. "Wae?" And both ask the tan girl, wondering if she already gets the clues.

 

Yuri showed her phone's screen, which shows the searched result she did. "He just got it from Wikipedia. Look, Large Upright Wheel is Ferris wheel. That means, he's talking about amusement park. And specifically in this ride." She grinned like a proud smart person.

 

"Whoa, you're so brilliant to use internet." Yoona praised her best friend, patting her shoulder in the process.

 

Yuri made a poker face to her best friend. "Do you mean I don't have the brain?" And asked her best friend to make sure of it.

 

"Of course not!" Chuckled Yoona. "You are a real brilliant! No joking included! You can even win a quiz ball."

 

"What do you think of it Officer Seo?" Yuri glances to Seohyun, who is apparently smiling quietly in her seat. And she feels like she wanted to laugh at her.

 

"Yoona is right. I can't disagree with it." Seohyun said but thinks otherwise. "Anyway, let's move. Before we could waste time." She then stands up and ushers them to follow.

 

"Hold on, Hyunnie!" Yoona quickly follows. "Wait for Yoongie!" She added, teasing the officer.

 

"You catch me." Upon hearing the nickname, Seohyun cupped her cheeks and fasten her pace, reminded by last night's event still embarrassed her.

 

"Shshshsh." The Librarian hushed Seohyun, who eventually bowed in apologies. She didn't think twice and slowed down.

 

Yoona giggles and immediately catches the young officer by putting her arm on her shoulders. "Let's go together." She whispers and fastened her pace, which influence the young officer as well, while they're heading to the exit door of the library.

 

"Hmm, I feel like they're moving now." Yuri slowly understands what is going on between her best friend and her crush. "Moving on... For the better?" She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter