Day-1

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Strangers

 

***

 

Seo Joohyun is her name -- the girl who made my world so beautiful and full of rainbows. You will probably be telling me I'm exaggerating or I'm stupid. But it's the truth. She's just like someone I shouldn't always miss every time I go to school. It's like, without seeing her, I would probably feel like my world is crumbling. So I should always make sure to see her, not just in our classes since we're classmates, but also in the hallway, lockers, outside school, library (even though I hate books), and sidewalks and even in busses. Well, she's just too perfect; I couldn't get enough of her. (I hope I don't sound creepy. I'm 12 years old that time, and just saw the most beautiful girl on earth - you can't blame me from admiring her. NO you really should!

 

Do you want to know when are where did it started? It actually started when she took the same summer class as me, the judo class.

 

---

 

"Im Yoona, you're late."

 

12 years old Yoona close her eyes tight upon hearing her name being mentioned and the fact that she's late in her first day of judo class. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I did not mean to sleep so long and forgot about my class today, Mr. Jang. I hope you forgive me." she apologize and bowed a lot of times, hoping she can pass the scold easily.

 

"Well, it's your first day. You can stop that now. But the next class, you better be on time, araso?" Mr. Jang strictly ordered.

 

"Yes, Mr. Jang." Yoona bowed one more time before she hastily walks inside the wide room. She immediately spotted a friend/neighbor of hers, Lee Minzy, sitting in the floor, together with the others. But she did not mind and she really squeezes herself, just to sit next to her. "I hope I did not miss anything." she whispers to her friend.

 

"Nah, we just started." Minzy whispers back. "But you have to take your notebook out and take notes. Mr. Jang will discuss today before we take the action later." she giggles, excited for their lesson of the day, which is their 3rd day.

 

Yoona wanted to answer, but was suddenly caught up when her eyes saw someone that was walking inside the room... like in a slow motion and as much as she wanted to stop watching her walking in like a supermodel, she couldn't looked away anymore.

 

The way she smiles, she brushes her hair with her fingers and the way she tucks her hair behind her ear, everything seems to be so beautiful that her world is stick on her. You know that scenes from dramas or movies? It's exactly the same feeling. Not to mention, her stomach is filled with butterflies while the flower is coming closer and closer, until. "Aww what an Angel... " she thought, but said it loud unconsciously.

 

Minzy and the others automatically turned their heads to her. Everyone is starting to murmur on each other, making fun of the doe-eyed girl's idiotic expressions. But since Yoona is too busy being fascinated, Minzy had to elbow her friend, so she can bring her back to reality.

 

"Yah, stop with that face." Minzy scolded as soon as her friend turned to her with her eyes blinking so fast.

 

"S-Sorry." Yoona sheepishly rubs the back of her neck, smiling awkwardly. "But... who is she? That girl Mr. Jang is currently talking with?" However, she can't help herself and asks her friend in a whisper.

 

"Seo Joohyun, one of the elite students. Her father is the one who added this judo class for summer."

 

"Oh, Chincha? Seo Joohyun is a pretty name." Yoona has the brightest smile.

 

"By the way, she speaks French so most of us couldn't understand. But Mr. Jang is translating it to us so it's okay. But she promised she will continue to return her mother tongue as soon as possible, so it's easy for her to communicate with us."

 

"Eh?" Yoona was surprised. "She looks korean, how is she a French? And hold on, she isn't one of the pupils here?"

 

"She grows up in Paris and just recently came back. She's a student of course. But since she already learned Judo in such a young age, she's asks to also teach some of us here."

 

Yoona is nodding in understanding. "Wow, her father must be some General, or what?" as she turns her head to stare to the girl again, who almost took her soul earlier. "For someone who could learn Judo that early, I'm pretty sure she can knock someone so easily too."

 

"Her father is a General Army, Yoong." Minzy giggles, as she continues tot whisper to her friend.

 

The doe-eyed girl's eyes widened. "Chincha? Chief Seo Ki Mon?"

 

Minzy hastily covered her friend's mouth. "They're already coming. We better stop talking now." she told her and Yoona immediately composed herself, that she followed eventually.

 

Yoona gulped nervously, as she couldn't get her eyes off of the girl, who's now standing in front of them, the same with their teacher.

 

"For now, I'm going to discuss the history of Judo and the name of stunts we'll do later." Their teacher started. But that was all she heard when her heart are unusually beating fast, covering the voice of their teacher.

 

As the girl named Seo Joohyun also joins the discussion, like she's already an adult, she's in awe... Only that, Yoona can't understand because she's speaking French. Thankfully, their teacher would translate it to them. But the way she speaks is just so amazing. Yoona can't stop admiring her. It's the very first time she heard someone like this, it's totally an eargasm for her ears. She suddenly feels like she's in Paris, listening to her very attentively.

 

But as soon as the discussion ended and they're now standing, to perform what they discussed, Yoona somewhat feeling scared - not because of their teacher, but because of Seo Joohyun, flipping everyone easily, like she's the pro of all pro in Judo. She's pretty but a beast in Judo.

 

'Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.' Yoona's legs had its mind on its own as she frantically just runs outside.

 

"Yoona!!! Come back here!!!" Did not even hear her friend's voice, calling her to come back. All that in her mind is to save herself from that embarrassing moment she might actually experience.

 

---

 

True, the first time I saw her, I just run away. It was like the best day of my life/the wore nightmare of my life. But the next day and the more I see her in our summer class... it just ended my fear. Well, she's not that beast all the time. She's so friendly to everyone... except me who can't have the courage to even approach her. And honestly, she never tried to approach me as well. She's damn busy with the others, though. Well, at least in our summer class. But we definitely had talk once back 2004.

 

I will keep it for myself and Seohyun, for now.

 

 

***

 

 

"Your name."

 

"Wait, can you uncuff her first? She really doesn't need to be handcuff." Yuri however has a complain for the police officer.

 

"No, it's okay Yuri. The handcuffs are comfortable." But the doe-eyed girl opposes, smiling like a fool to her best friend. She was about to tell the young officer her name when her best friend yelled at her. Way to ruin it.

 

"What?!" Yuri is totally surprised. It's the first time she heard someone wants to be handcuff. "Are you sure about this, Yoona? This police officer obviously doesn't know what she's doing. Handcuffing you is against the law." she strongly believes.

 

"What do you know about laws, Miss?" Seohyun questioned, eyes squinting to the tan girl.

 

Coughing, Yuri turned her attention to the young officer. "Handcuffing a person is prohibit when you don't even have any warrant of arrest." she guesses, though she has no idea about laws.

 

"Handcuffs are allowed if a person refuses to abide the law. It's not about just warrant of arrest." Seohyun corrected. "It is also the way to prevent the person to become violent."

 

"Wow, so you're telling me my best friend is a violent person?" Yuri scoffs.

 

Yoona just got awed however, like the last time she saw her girl from Grade School. "You are totally amazing, Officer Seo." Her smiles would never left her face. It's as if, it's meant to be for the day. The day she arrived from London.

 

"Ugh, not again." Yuri rolled back her eyes out of annoyance.

 

Seohyun's attention switched to the doe-eyed girl. "So tell me your name now, Miss." and once again reminds her. She grimaces to see how dreamy the stranger’s face is. 'She looked like a erted girl. Err, scary.' She thought at the back of her mind.

 

"She won't tell her name not until our lawyer arrives." Yuri firmly stated.

 

"Eh? Why?" Yoona however doesn't like the idea. "I would gladly tell her my beautiful name. You know, to introduce myself to a lovely officer as well."

 

Yuri literally smacks her best friend's head. "Yah! You ing WAKE UP! You're in great trouble, not in a fairytale or something!" and reminded her like a mom scolding her daughter for introducing herself to a stranger she doesn't know.

 

"Aish! That hurts A LOT!" Yoona whines, as she failed to hit her best friend back. "Why do you have to do that?!" If only she wasn't handcuff, she had hit her a lot of times already.

 

"I just said it! So stop dreaming!" Yuri countered.

 

"Geez. You don't understand-"

 

"Your lawyer is arriving in a while. Let him fix this, instead of telling her your name, which will not solve the problem."

 

Seohyun scoffs. "I need a name, Miss, so I can file a report!"

 

"But you shouldn't file a report when my best friend here did not even do something wrong!" Yuri instantly explained, defending her best friend no matter what. Yoona was about to response but she covered eventually. Then, she leaned in forward close to her best friend's face, whispering, "You better not mention your freaking name. Otherwise, you'll not able to fix this. It's enough you know her name. She doesn't have to know yours when she doesn't even recognize, Im Yoona. Think of it, please, don't be ridiculous. You look like some ert girl or whatever they call of someone that immediately shows interests to someone. Be patient, can't you?"

 

Yoona glances to Seohyun. 'Right, Seohyun obviously doesn't recognize me - when I do in the first place.' She sighs disappointedly, but it didn't stop her interest for the girl. Especially that she's her long time crush (love). Returning her gazes to her best friend, she slowly pushed her hand off of and smiled a little before she glances to the officer again. "I will take my friend's advise. I will not share any information about me, unless my lawyer arrives." she said with a charming smile, somehow.

 

"And I told you my name earlier. Aren't you just-"

 

"You can be patient, right? It's your fault you instantly told me your name, Miss beautiful. But I appreciate that. However, I am the victim here, so I should be careful... am I right?"

 

"Im Yoona is right." Yuri blurted unconsciously, which made her covered and received a kick from her friend on her feet. She literally apologizes a lot of times, while Yoona hangs her head low.

 

"You're totally so clumsy, Kwon Yuri. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Yoona keeps on telling her best friend with that one word, while Yuri keeps on trying to ask for forgiveness.

 

"I'm so sorry. My tongue is so clumsy." Yuri clasps her hands together, apologizing non stop.

 

"So it's Kwon Yuri and Im Yoona, Huh? You guys are indeed best friends." Seohyun nods her head and types Yoona's name only over her computer. She can't stop herself and chuckles, as she glances to the deer, which is now so read like a tomato. It's totally a good view for her.

 

"Well, it's even now." Yoona stopped Yuri from apologizing as she looked up to meet Seohyun's eyes. "Now that you know my name, can I get your number?" she additionally asked, smiling charmingly. There are no more cowards Im Yoona this time. It's all about getting her love story back again.

 

Stunned by the bold question, Seohyun looked away from the deer and asked back. "Your age and address please... " staying firm with her job to file a report about the doe-eyed girl. The way the girl looked at her made her feel like she's flirting, or anything that could waver her.

 

"Oh, let me know about your address too then." Yoona strikes back.

 

"I'm serious, Miss Im." Seohyun seriously replied, not staring back to those gazes from the doe-eyes.

 

"I'm serious too, Officer Seo. I'm sorry... I just want to know so we can be friends? I have no bad intentions except for that."

 

"And what makes you want to do that?" Seohyun finally starred to Yoona's eyes, curious as to why this stranger suddenly becomes interested with her, when they just meet. But she did not expect to see an intent stare. She got a little intimadated.

 

"You remind me of someone." Yoona says without any hesitations. "And I... feel like you'll be a good friend of mine... if we really end up like that." she audibly sighs, reminding herself at the same time that she only has 10 days in Seoul. This could be a good opportunity to be introduce herself to the person she had been missing for years.

 

Seohyun's heart suddenly skips a beat, but she ignores it and returns to her monitor. "If you're not-"

 

"She will provide the other information once her lawyer arrives." Yuri butts in, hoping it will stop the young officer to continue asking her best friend. She really feels like she's not doing it right, as a young police officer.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

"Fine. We'll wait for your lawyer." Seohyun decided to give it to them this time. She stood up and was about to leave when Yoona ask something.

 

"Mind unlocking my handcuff, Officer?"

 

Sighing, the young officer walked to Yoona's seat and bend down to unlock her handcuff. "You better not run away or do anything I wouldn't like." she told firmly as she keeps the handcuffs and was about to leave again when a hand held her wrist, she instantly pulled her hand off. "What are you doing?!" she suspiciously asked her.

 

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking - I mean, where are you going? Aren't you staying in your seat? And talk to me more?" Yoona grinned.

 

"I have to go to the pantry to get some coffee for myself. Sitting here while waiting for your lawyer will not accompany me. Geez, jerk." Seohyun then left successfully, leaving Yoona dumbfounded.

 

"She's not that friendly, Yoona. Are you sure it's the Seo Joohyun you're talking about? And look, she doesn't even posses the 'supermodel' you were talking about." Yuri is somehow thinking twice if it's the same Seo Joohyun her best friend is talking about, or it's just same name as her.

 

"You don't know how to look into a supermodel, do you?" Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

"What?!" Yuri scoffs. "I only know you're exaggerating it! There's nothing special on her, you know."

 

"But I wonder how did she become a police officer?"

 

"Probably her dream? You know you mentioned her father is from the military. She got it from him, for sure."

 

Yoona however sighed. "But she definitely doesn't recognize me anymore."

 

"Only 30% of the people can recognize someone from grade school, Yoona."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter