o26

Behind Bars

”What? You’re leaving?!”

Everyone are surprised by Inhye’s sudden announcement of departing. Even Taeyong didn’t know. After he had told Inhye about the case, she had been so quick to run off that he didn’t get the chance to discuss the kiss, her crying or anything else. The drunken midsummer kiss. The kiss that is still lingering in Taeyong’s body. And now, she suddenly tells them that she’s packing her bags to take the first best bus to Seoul?

”Yeah,” Inhye sighs, adjusting the bag hanging over her right shoulder. ”I have some business back there in Seoul. And besides; I’ve interrupted your ‘all dudes midsummer’ enough already.” She smiles.

”No, no, absolutely not!” Hansol exclaims, making an ’X’ with his arms to express how wrong she is. ”Honestly, you’ve been more like a dude to me than Ten.”

Inhye isn’t quite sure if Hansol’s intention was to complement her or offend her.

”Yeah, you should totally replace him,” Doyoung quickly agrees.

”Hey, I’m here you know?!”

Inhye giggles, putting her hand that’s not around the handle of her suitcase in front of . That’s one of her cute habits, Taeyong thinks and tilts his head slightly to the left. When did she become so cute, he himself doesn’t know. Or well, she didn’t change much appearance-wise, his mind just got more and more drawn to how she looked and had always looked. It just happened. He just became attracted to her and now he can’t seem to stop thinking about her.

”Well, thanks I guess? Thank you for everything, especially Hansol for letting me sleep here, it’s been really nice to get to know you all!”

”Pleasure on our side,” Johnny answers with a smile. ”You sure you wanna’ take the bus, by the way? That’s gonna take a hell of a time. I’m your private, fake, taxi driver; remember?”

Inhye giggles again. ”Nah, you should stay here, Mr. Fake Taxi Driver Seo. The drive to Seoul is indeed long. I’m fine with the bus.”

Ten whines. ”First Yuta, and now Inhye?” He doesn’t seem too bothered about the fact that Taeil actually left them before any of the two. ”What am I supposed to do?!”

”It’s not like she’s going to die, or at least I hope” Hansol gently slaps the back of the thai’s head. ”Besides, you live in Seoul. You can visit her anytime?”

Ten pouts, crossing his arms over his chest. Like a three year old. Which is just about what age he is mentally. When not drunk, that is. When he is drunk he is no age. He’s just and ing stupid.

Inhye checks her watch, her eyes widening. ”Alright but, if I’m gonna catch the only bus that goes today, I’ll have to go now.”

Inhye gives them all good bye hugs, and when she comes to Taeyong he just grabs her wrist. ”I’ll walk you to the bus stop,” he says and then takes her suit case from her hand with his other hand before dragging her away from there by her wrist.

Inhye doesn’t argue him, since she, to be honest, didn’t have anything against it. Actually she felt grateful that he wanted to accompany her to the bus stop. There’s a long walk there, since Hansol’s house lies to hell. The bus to Seoul only goes from that stop twice a day, which says enough about how popular that bus is.

”It’s gonna take a while for me to get used to the Seoul air,” Inhye takes a deep breath, filling her lungs with the fresh air of Busan while looking up at the blue sky, not a single cloud visible. ”And, not having to wake up before the rooster to clean up.”

”... Or getting woken up by the rooster,” Taeyong grins.

Inhye chuckles. ”Yeah, that too.”

And then there’s a silence between them. It’s like they’re both thinking about the same thing; the kiss. At the moment, in Taeyong’s mind, the murder case is not relevant and he couldn’t care less about getting revenge on the ones that falsely accused him. That’s not even in his system right now.

”So... About the kiss,” Taeyong decides to take the first breath after a silence that felt like hours. They can even see the bus stop now. ”That wasn’t how I had imagined our first kiss.”

”You imagined our first kiss?”

Taeyong gets flustered, quickly making ’no no’ gestures with his hands. Gosh, why did he say such a stupid thing!? How is he gonna’ save himself from this mess? ”Th-That’s not..!” What’s he supposed to say? There’s not a single possible thing he can say to defend himself after that. ”... Maybe.” Taeyong just accepted death.

Inhye smiles. ”Glad I’m not the only one.”

What. Suddenly, Taeyong is blushing. Like a tomato. He cannot remember any time in his life that he has actually been blushing. His mind went blank by her words, and he is actually doubting if he is sane. Did she really... Did she really just say that? Or is his mind playing tricks with him?

They reach the bus stop and Inhye lets go of her suitcase. When did she take it back? He remembers clearly grabbing it before leaving Hansol’s. Why didn’t I offer to take it for her, Taeyong thinks, slapping himself mentally for being such a bad romantic. How is it possible that she imagined them kissing? What about Nakamoto Yuta, the prince of being dreamy and perfect? Lee Taeyong, of all people. First of all; she thinks he’s a murder. Or does she really? Yes, of course she does. The whole country does. Second, he’s been a rude child, totally not the typical k-drama lead that girls these days want. Third, he got drunk and salty and that’s why they kissed. That’s like, the furtherest away from k-dramas that you can come.

”Do you like k-dramas?” Taeyong suddenly asks. He didn’t even think about it himself. He just asked it. Why did he ask it?

”Huh?” Inhye looks at him with a confused face, her brows arched.

”You know, Boys over Flowers, Rooftop Prince, Secret Garden?”

Inhye shrugs. ”They’re a nice time killer, but I’m terrible at following those things so I always drop them. Either that or I fall asleep watching them. Why?”

Because I wanted to know how much you want me to act like Kim Woobin or Lee Jong Suk or another perfect fuc- ”Just asking.”

Inhye chuckles, and Taeyong wakes up from his mental fight. ”You’re weird. Where did that question come from?”

”Says the girl who the first thing she asked me was my favourite colour.”

”That’s totally not the same!”

”No, I know it’s not the same; yours is way worse!”

Inhye smiles, gently elbows Taeyong in his ribs. Damn, he loves it when she does that. That little soft punch when she doesn’t know how to answer, or when she knows she’s losing an argument. He loves all the small details in her behaviour, and he loves that ever so little crooked tooth when she smiles. Who would have thought that even Lee Taeyong would be able to feel like this.

”I guess you didn’t have much time watching k-dramas in prison?” Inhye carefully asks, with a comforting smile on her face.

Taeyong shakes his head. ”Even if I wouldn’t have been in prison, I wouldn’t watch it. I think they’re way too ... over the top.”

”They’re not all over the top, you can’t judge all of them,” Inhye explains calmly while trying to poke out some dirt that’s stuck under her nail.

”Don’t lecture me,” Taeyong answers but God does he love it when she lectures him. He always thought that he’d been interested in younger women but it’s certainly a way too obvious guilty pleasure to be with someone who can put her foot down with him.

Inhye sticks her tongue out in response to Taeyong, then smiles up at him. ”About the kiss...” She continues, a little bit more serious than she just was. ”We have a professional relationship in Seoul, you know. I’m your lawyer, you’re my client. That we kissed ... Would not look too good in court.”

Taeyong nods, chews on his lower lip. She’s right; she is indeed his lawyer and her one and only job is to prove his innocence. Maybe they’ll never speak again once they do. Somewhere in Taeyong, he wants to postpone this case so that he can spend some more time with Inhye. But he knows that that would be pathetic and egoistical of him. Fortunately, the part of him that want to free Inhye from him is much stronger than his egoistical side. As mentioned before, Taeyong has started to care about Inhye’s feelings more than his. Making Inhye happy is what makes him happy. Everything is about Inhye for him and he can’t pin down exactly when she became this important to him.

Then something rings in Taeyong’s ears. She said ’in Seoul’, didn’t she?

”Hey, Inhye...” he begins, carefully to chose his words wisely. She looks at him with round, big eyes. ”You said that our relationship in Seoul is professional, right?”

”Right,” she answers.

”But... We’re in Busan now, right?”

”Right.”

Taeyong’s heart is beating. Is he expecting too much of the situation? Is he being delusional? He still can’t believe that someone would actually be romantically interested in him after all that he’s gone through and all the that he’s done. There must be a mistake, he’s just imagining things. He’s sure of it.

But he can’t stop it. His heart’s beating, the rush of every kind of colour running through his body. Suddenly and out of nowhere, Inhye is trapped against the wall of the buss stop glass, Taeyong’s hands planted on each side of her head. She didn’t flinch. Did she say those words she said before on purpose, as a hint? That they’re indeed in Busan. They’re not lawyer-client here.

Unexpectedly, Inhye is the one to stand on her tip-toes and close the gap between their lips. They’re not drunk. They’re perfectly sober and Taeyong’s eyes are burning by the tears of joy trying to force their way out. He moves his hands from the cold glass to Inhye’s waist, pulls her closer as her fingers tangle into his hair. God, has he ever felt this happy? Have all his kisses felt this nice? Damn, he can’t even count the kisses he had before as kisses compared to this. The feeling, how every single touch ignites him. How her hands on his neck feel like they’re on fire, how her waist under his palms are magnetic. How soft her lips feel against his. His mind is going crazy.

”Mm,” Taeyong has to put in a lot of effort to break the kiss as he hears a vehicle approaching. ”The buss, Inhye you’re gonna miss the bu-”

Inhye groans softly, pushes her lips against Taeyong’s again and breathes out a sentence against them. ”I can just take the next one.”


Comment, up-vote, subscribe but most importantly; enjoy~