o22

Behind Bars

Yuta and Inhye settles it all with letting Sicheng sleep on the previous beer pong table, drenched in all types of alcohol. Because they couldn’t get him to drink anything, and as soon as he shut his eyes, he fell asleep. After making sure that he won’t suffocate if he by any chance pukes, they go back to the ring of now 11 drunk people.

Ten is in the middle, of course, singing, dancing, opening another bottle of alcohol and almost spills it all while doing so (damn what a waste, Inhye remembers how desperate people in High School were to find some alcohol and here we have Ten); swaying his hips to the beat of the music. Johnny, too, is way too drunk.

”Ah, Ten~” he moans, bites his lips and tilts his head slightly to the side, ogling Ten as if he’s about to eat him up. Because of that, Ten gives him a somewhat serious somewhat non-serious . Guys stop.

To Inhye’s big surprise, Taeil is laughing. Who would’ve thought that the constantly nervous guy gets carefree as drunk? Or whatever he is. He leans his head towards Yuta’s shoulder, Yuta leans his head towards Taeil’s; closes his eyes with a smile playing on his lips.

”Tired?” Inhye asks him and he nods, opens his right eye to look into her eyes.

Yuta’s cheeks are rosy, he can barely focus his gaze on her. She’s not much better, truth to be told. ”You?”

”A bit,” Inhye admits and he pats his free shoulder for her to lean on.

Inhye is capsized by Yuta’s sudden suggestion but damn, her head feels so heavy and she’s so tired so before she even knows it she’s leaning onto him, notices how Yuta shifts his head from Taeil’s to hers. Then she feels an arm around her waist, too drunk to notice that it’s rested on her waist. She sighs, closes her eyes. A strong feeling of regret is twisting inside her guts, but the alcohol is pushing it away. However, its pursuit is not enough, but just as she’s about to excuse herself and go sit somewhere else, she’s interrupted.

”Guys, guys!” Ten screams only after a minute of silence, which is probably his limit of how long his mouth can be closed. ”Kun and Johnny are gonna compete in who can drink a whole cup of Busan-alcohol the quickest!”

Then he hits every currently half-sleeping person’s cheeks gently (or actually kind of forcefully and not at all gently) to wake them up. Whose stupid idea was that? Too much alcohol will result in them either puking or in the worst case, dying. They do know that, right?

”Remember kids, every other water!” Jaehyun laughs, bringing up the somewhat stiff atmosphere.

”Why does it even matter who’s going to drink it the fastest, both of them are still drinking it?” Hansol utters his opinion (that no one really listened to by the way). Well his sheep (a few hundred meters away from here) somehow heard him though, being the only ones listening to the poor blond.

Of course, the competition went chaotic. What did they expect? Neither of them could drink the whole thing, so Johnny ended up pouring it all over himself. He must’ve misjudged how much there was left in the cup, because he ended up with an unpleasant shower.

”Well, that’s gooey,” he chuckled, proceeding with an attempt to lift his shirt over his head, but is stopped by Doyoung.

”Are you nuts?!”

”Wooah, are we going to strip?!” Ten’s shirt is suddenly on Doyoung’s head.

”Ten!” Doyoung screams, raises and tries to catch the now running Ten. Suddenly Johnny’s shirt is also off and he joins the hunt. Where are their prides? That’s what they should be hunting for.

”I guess Kun wins,” Jaehyun laughs.

”I win in everything expect love and war,” he says and gives the empty cup to Hansol because why not. ”And like... Lotteries and poker and stuff because I mean then I’d be rich.”

Kun continues rambling but no one is really listening anymore. Well, with the exception of Hansol, who apparently takes his story to the heart.

Yuta looks exhausted after drinking so much earlier, but that doesn’t stop Johnny from annoying him. ”Senpai~ Play with me~ Show me how a real Japanese do it.”

”No, stop,” Yuta complains and tries to lie comfortably in the grass. ”Go away.”

”I can show you, hyung~” topless Johnny suddenly gets a gentle (again not so gentle) push from topless Ten.

”Stop being so ing disgusting, oh my God, Jesus Christ!” Doyoung screams and continues the hunting again.

All of a sudden, they are so far away that no one was able to see them anymore. Doyoung is really thinking of chasing them into the water isn’t he... Jaehyun then points the attention elsewhere.

”How is it going for you two?” Jaehyuns wonders, eyes wandering between Taeyong and Inhye. Damn, Inhye didn’t even notice that Taeyong sat there, right next to her. ”I was totally sure that you two would be eating each other’s faces by now.”

Inhye was about to neglect it, yell at him and deny it playfully. Taeyong, on the other hand, seems like he has had his last shot. Literally.

”She’d rather eat Yuta’s face,” he snorts and sounds extremely bitter.

What?

”Excuse me but, isn’t that something for me to determine?” Inhye answers, crosses her arms in front of her chest. What the ? How dare he?

”Why aren’t you eating my face right now then?”

”Not like I’m eating Yuta’s either.”

”If he didn’t pass out, you totally would.”

”You know,” Jaehyun suddenly says to Kun, interrupting Inhye’s way too aggravated answer that was about to leave her lips. ”I think Taeyong is jealous.”

Jealous? Taeyong’s eyebrow twitched irritably. ”I’m not jealous; I’m just stating the truth.”

”So jealous,” Kun agrees, ignores Taeyong’s answer. ”He knows that he ain’t got nothing on Yuta, he’d lose to him everyday. I guess that-”

”What did you just say?” Taeyong growls, Kun and Jaehyun exchanging a look of triumph. Inhye has a bad feeling about this.

”Nothing, Taeyongie hyung,” Kun promises innocently.

”Do I lose to Yuta?” His eyes narrows by the trigger.

”Well, it doesn’t look like you’re winning, exactly,” Jaehyun points out. It’s so obvious that this was a trap but Taeyong still falls right into it.

”Pfft, Inhye is the one who’d lose in making out with me,” he grins. A mean grin. ”I swear that she’d run to her ‘Yuta-kun’ after 5 seconds, crying her heart out about being unfaithful to someone that isn’t her ex, but isn’t her boyfriend either, that ed girls like rabbits in Japan while she was left in Seoul, waiting for nothing!”

Both Inhye and Taeyong were surprised by his words. He doesn’t take them back. ”How dare you? And I wouldn’t do that! Stop listening to Jaehyun and Kun, they’re trying to-”

”So you admit that you’d lose?”

”Like hell I would!” she exclaims; apparently her pride made her forget about the fact that this isn’t even a competition to begin with. ”You’d totally give up first!”

How did the topic change from Yuta to this..? Inhye is so disappointed in herself.

”Is that a challenge?” Taeyong laughs, scoffs, as if she’s a child telling her parents that she wants to be an astronaut.

The sound of disbelief in that laugh triggered Inhye way too much. Because she had heard it so much. From her mother, father, heck even Inseong, especially Inseong. She really didn’t want to hear it from Taeyong as well. Damn, Taeyong was the person on this planet she wanted it from the least.

”Well, maybe it is!” she shoots back, also forgetting about how she told Taeyong literally a minute ago not to listen to Jaehyun and Kun.

”Nice,” Taeyong grins. ”The first one to back out loses.”

”Fine!” Inhye looses it, furrows her eyebrows.

Then she puts a hand onto Taeyong’s neck, the awkwardness of this whole situation suddenly coming into air; the alcohol apparently couldn’t save this. Slowly, Inhye and Taeyong inches closer, cringing so badly. Then their lips meet in a tight-lipped, awkward kiss; eyes shut.

Even though her eyes are shut, she can feel a lot of eyes on them and it’s obvious that everyone has noticed them. Slowly they start moving their lips. Taeyong’s lips are surprisingly soft, Inhye admits to herself. The grip around his neck hardens a bit, determined to make him back out first to get this over with.

But Taeyong seems to have a similar thought.

Already, he’s pressing his tongue against Inhye’s closed lips, forcing them apart, rather than asking for permission to enter. Surprised about how that happened, Inhye automatically lets her own tongue slip through her lips to try to force Taeyong back into his own mouth.

That triggered him. Aggressively, he pushes her so that she’s lying flat against the grass; his hands on either side of her head to keep her in place. The force lets him deepen the kiss and gave Taeyong the upper hand, his tongue flipping upside down.

Inhye is still as stubborn as ever, determined not to let Taeyong have an advantage. She throws an arm around Taeyong’s neck to bring him closer; their mouths connecting even more forcefully than earlier. They just breathe when they can and that’s too little. The alcohol and the lack of air makes her so, so dizzy. Her other hand is on Taeyong’s waist, trying to bring him closer.

Inhye is starting to feel kind of weird; if it’s the alcohol or not, she doesn’t know. Her right hand grips Taeyong’s hair, kneading her fingers against his scalp. She remembers the first time she met Taeyong. She thought his hair looked really soft. It was. It was really soft. Her other hand that was previously on his neck proceeds to go up and down Taeyong’s back. There’s something extremely thrilling by being kissed like this; hard and in front of everyone, as if they didn’t matter, as if Inhye is the only thing that is important, and Inhye kind of... Likes it?

Inhye’s tongue fights against Taeyong’s, catches the muscle and manages to control the speed of the kiss; slowing it down slightly to something deep, slow and sensual. Taeyong makes some kind of noise in the back of his throat, taking Inhye with surprise by pressing his body against hers.

Even more surprised is she by the soft moan that slips through her lips by the contact. Her cheeks were burning, her breathing irregular and she slowly slides her nails down Taeyong’s shirt; imagining a little too well, how good it would feel if he would take it off.

Suddenly Inhye feels something forcefully hitting against her groin when Taeyong leans onto his forearms, grabbing her hair aggressively. She was about to take advantage by the fact that he isn’t having her pinned against the grass anymore, but notices then that he has her pined with his hips.

For some damn reason, realising that made Inhye’s blood rush. She lets out an open mouthed gasp by their bodies pressing hard against each other.

”Give up?” Taeyong grins, bites her underlip and gets a small whimper form her.

”Breathing.”

Taeyong chuckles lowly, as if he isn’t believing her. ”Wanna go back to Yuta-kun?”

Inhye shakes her head. ”Never.”

”You gonna have to sign that...” Taeyong says, doesn’t warn Inhye about what he’s gonna do until he does it.

He leans in and places his lips onto the skin on her neck; harshly and then lets his tongue fly over the spot he bit.

Inhye gasps, shuts her eyes and tries to remind herself why she’s doing this, that in the moment, she is mad at Taeyong for being so childish. Even so, she arcs her body towards Taeyong’s, the contact feeling so extremely hot and extremely good at the same time. With a laugh, Taeyong forces Inhye harder down against the grass; hips connected.

”This has gone too far,” Inhye hears Doyoung’s voice in the distance.

”C’mon, Dodo,” Johnny’s voice can be heard. ”Let them have their fun. And us ours, what do you think about that, Ten? Do you wanna make out?”

”I kinda wanna puke...” Ten answers.

As Taeyong’s lips goes further down, Inhye’s focus is back on him. ”Not fair,” she growls.

Almost violently she pulls him up by his hair, to once again kiss him. In the act, Taeyong’s hips accidentally collide with hers. She gasps again, giving Taeyong the upper hand for free but doesn’t bother, just letting her hand run through his hair: while her mind imagines that maybe, just maybe, she actually liked Taeyong. Maybe she liked kissing Taeyong. Maybe she wants to kiss him more, and more, and so much more.

It hits them both at the same time, their lips slowly parting only millimetres from each other, their eyes widen in shock. Both stop, time stops.

Taeyong uncomfortably moves, knowing that it’s impossible that the chemistry wasn’t there. They both felt it. There is a silence between them for a while.

”Tie?” Inhye finally offers, trying to ignore the heated tension between them.

”Yeah...” Taeyong mutters against her lips, breathes hard. ”... We’re just drunk.”

”Yeah, so drunk,” Inhye agrees as the weight pressed against her body - aka Taeyong’s body - is moved away from hers, and she finds herself free to move. ”Very, very...”

They both cough uncomfortably and looks away. Everyone there is making a great effort to look at everything else but them. Ten is even looking at a non-existing watch.

Taeyong clears his throat and her attention is back at him again. ”I’m just... Yeah...” is all he says, and then he is back up on his feet; walking of somewhere.

Inhye is too mentally gone (not sure if it’s the kiss or the alcohol) to think about it some more, so she also gets up on her feet. She walks towards the bowl of punch that has appeared out of nowhere on the table Sicheng is sleeping on; wondering if it’s possible to drown herself in the bowl.

”Not a word,” Inhye mutters as she notices Jaehyun walking up to the bowl with a grin on his face.

Then there is a flash and Inhye turns, notices Kun’s telephone, obviously taking pictures of her. She was about to throw herself at the phone, but Kun were even quicker to escape.

Jaehyun’s laughter brings her attention back to him. He grins, his eyes full of mischief. ”Happy midsummer, Inhye.”


Comment, subscribe, up-vote but most importantly; enjoy~!