Friday

Seven Days

"Mom, I really can't go to school today. I don't feel too hot." Hanhui groggily answered to the knocking on her door. She really wasn't feeling it right now; her abdomen felt like it was being constantly punched while her headache made everything seem like it was a new shape. She also didn't want her mom to see that there were scratch marks on her face from yesterday.

From the other side of the door, her mom replied with a voice full of concern.

"That's fine, Honeybee. Do you want me to stay home with you and care for you? Do you need some soup?" Hanhui's heart melted at her mom's sympathy.

"No it's alright, mom. I can take care of myself, just go to work so you don't have to use your sick-leave on me."

"Well, I'm going to be leaving a little later. So I might as well make you something to eat, do you want some pancakes?"

"Yes, please. I'll come downstairs in a bit." Hanhui flung herself out of her bed and ran towards the bathroom, so that she could cover up her scars, after hearing her mom make her way down the stairs. Using the closest make-up sponge she could get her hands on, she applied her concealer to her cheek in an attempt to cover the claw marks. After doing her best to hide her scratches, she took her hair out of it's bun so that she could use some of her hair to also hide her face.

Eh... seems believable enough.

---

"Oh dear, Honeybee. You really look pale." Her mom commented as she set the plate of pancakes down in front of her daughter.

Hanhui managed a smile as she reached over for the syrup, so she could drench her pancakes in them. She stabbed her fork into the stack hungrily and stuffed a huge serving into . It's not like she had to look good; she was sick anyway, how could she look good at the moment?

"I'll be staying home with you until ten, so if you need anything at all just give me a call and mama will be there. Alright?" Hanhui's mom leaned over the counter and ruffled the top of her daughter's already messy hair. Hanhui smiled, her cheeks full of food, and nodded her head as a reply.

---

Although it was still so early in the morning, instead of sleeping for the rest of the day, she was just going to re-watch one of her most favorite K-dramas... for the third time.

Hanhui sat up in her bed with her covers still over her, she grabbed the remote from her nightstand and her television. She scrolled through all the other K-dramas that she had already watched and smiled once she found the one she had been looking for.

She watched this drama so much, she basically already memorized the script. But, she could never get enough of the emotions that she from this drama. She could watch just one kiss scene from this drama and she'd still be squealing like a madman.

A smile crept onto her face as the intro began to play. She knew all of them were just actors and actresses, but oh how she wished all of this love was real.

Just like how she wished her love with Taehyung was real... Welp! She shouldn't think too much about it now, her drama is about to start.

Hanhui shuffled around in her bed to get into a comfortable position. She sang along to the intro playing loud enough for all of Seoul to hear. Just as the protagonist was about to complain to the leading male, there was a sudden knocking on her door, interrupting her momentum to squeal in excitement.

"Hanhui! Let me in!" Her moms voice exclaimed from the other side of the door.

She groaned annoyed, paused the scene, and threw the remote down onto her bed as she got out of her bed. Before she could open the door, her mom burst in with a bright smile on her face. Hanhui looked at her confused.

"What's the matter mom? Did you find out that eggs were on sale or something ?" She laughed, but her mom shook her head and continued to beam at her.

"Your boyfriend's here! I let him in, and he's on his way up here." Hanhui's eyes widened in realization that her mom was referring to Taehyung. Oh geez.

"Wait mom, he's—"

"Well! I'm going to work a little earlier than planned, he's going to be taking care of you. Haha, bye!"

"Wait! No mom—" The door slammed shut, leaving an awestruck Hanhui alone in her room.

---

"Hey babe, I brought you some soup and snacks."

"Don't call me babe."

"Okay then, princess." Taehyung smirked as he set down the thermos of soup onto her desk along with the bag full of snacks. Hanhui had an excuse for her face being a red as a cherry tomato, if he asked then she could say it was cause she was sick and not because he made her heart race like crazy.

He flopped down right next to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He's been a lot more touchy lately, and a lot more flirty. It wasn't good for Hanhui's heart.

With a pout on her face, she slapped his hand; after hitting him for about five minutes, she realized that he wasn't going to let go so she sighed and pressed play on the remote.

"What are you watching?" He asked as he finally let go of her waist and rested his head on her lap.

"A k-drama." She replied as she increased the volume so that she could distract herself from the werido in the room. This only prompted him to annoy her even more. Taehyung smirked and decided to quiet down, confusing Hanhui; she didn't say anything nor did she question it, she just went on and paid her attention to the show playing.

---

After a few episodes, a scene in the drama caught Taehyung's eye; the male lead pinned the female down onto the bed. A spark lit up in his mischievous mind. In one swift movement, his hands were holding Hanhui's wrists and he was hovering above her. He looked at her with a satisfied smirk as her expression lit up in surprise. She was adorable; from her rosy cheeks down to her plump pink lips. 

"Wha-what are yo-you doing?" Even her stuttering was cute. Maybe he could mess with her a littl-no a lot more.

Slowly, he leaned in towards her face and she squeezed her eyes shut. He smirked slyly as he stared at her flustered face.

"I think you should wipe off all of that makeup, you don't need it." His back flopped back onto the bed; with a hearty laugh, he watched as she screamed and ran into the bathroom. From, down the hallway he could hear her slam a door shut and the sound of water splashing.

---

The kitchen was eerily quiet and Hanhui and Taehyung ate their soup peacefully. She had unconsciously began to glance up from her food to look at the male in front of her. Oh gosh, she was so nervous. Flashbacks of what had happened between the two of them in the infirmary began to rewind in her head, reminding her of what just happened a moment ago.

He hadn't noticed her indecisive stares, so she just gazed at him. It's not like he was paying attention anyway. Taehyung's face looked like it was especially sculpted by God. She analyzed his features and admired them; to his soft-looking lips to his charming single double-eyelid. She never knew that such a handsome human being could exist.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He teased and he continued to focus attention to his food. Being caught staring caused her to turn crimson and she stuffed another spoonful into . Okay, she was obviously just staring at him. But he didn't even look up from his food to notice.

"You're way too easy to see through, Hanhui." He chuckled as he excused himself from the table to clean up their dishes. She blew a raspberry out of frustration, if she was so easy to read then he would've noticed her feelings as soon as they developed. All this overthinking about how everything she had Taehyung was going to be over tomorrow gave her a migraine. It felt as if her heart was about to drop from a cliff.

Although she liked him so much, she would rather have her feelings go unnoticed then to suffer the pain of rejection.

Besides, she would still want to be able to at least say hi to him whenever they passed each other in the hallway without being awkward.

Despite knowing that she should "enjoy the moment while it lasts", the uneasiness in her continued to grow. If she knew that it would hurt this much to know that this relationship had a deadline, then she wouldn't have asked anything of him or anyone for that matter. Even if that meant that she had to wait to become a woman the longer way; better than a heartbreak, right?

As Taehyung cleaned up, Hanhui yawned in exhaustion. Her head rested into her arms while she continued to watch him move around the kitchen. With her eyelids already beginning to droop and Taehyung taking a long time to clean up, she just decided to take a very short nap on the table.

She was sure that she could probably wake up as soon as he was done tidying up.

---

"Aaaaaaaaand she fell asleep." Taehyung chuckled as he watched Hanhui breathe with wide open and her face smooshed up against the table. Even if she was extremely adorable in the position she was in right now, he knew that he should probably put her to bed and leave so that she could fully recharge.

Carefully, he picked her up as if she were as fragile as a baby. She was light—too light for his liking. It's not as if her not being heavy was a bad thing, it actually made carrying her much easier for him. He just worried if she was taking care of her health. Although, he's once watched her scarf down a meal the size of a horse—so maybe he shouldn't feel too uneasy about it

The trip to her bedroom was difficult; he had tried not to attack her to the best of his ability.

Laying her down head first, he pulled the covers over her. Before he could even think about leaving, her uncomfortable shuffling caught his attention.

"Ssshh," he hushed, "you're alright, I'm right here." His hand caressed the top of her head. He had to settle with only that. Even if he wanted to hold her in his arms or tell her how much she meant to him—he couldn't. This was temporary. And of course, his actions towards her were not half-assed.

Even if he was rich or handsome, he wasn't the guy that was in her heart. Her reactions to everything they did were because of her lack of experience in relationships; not because she felt the same way as he did. Granting this foolish request of a one night stand for her was his only chance to be with her.

"I know you can't hear me, you're literally snoring like a pig right now, ha." He chuckled to himself and he stared down at the resting female.

"Remember that story I told you in the infirmary? You were that girl," He ran a hand through his own hair, "you were the girl who inspired me to become stronger for myself. Your smile kept me fighting." He sounded cheesy, but the words just wouldn't stop pouring out of his mouth. There was so much he wanted to tell her.

"I've been interested in you since freshman year, and now I'm finally spending time with you. I wish that it could always be like this." She wasn't like any of the other girls out there. Caring, cute, funny, hardworking,beautiful, and he could go on and on about her. She was even patient enough to deal with him all this time.

"I'm sorry for forcing my selfish desires onto you. I just wanted your time—even if it was only a week—where I could just be with you. I wanted you to remember me and you know, maybe fall for me too." He laughed to fight away the tears threatening to fall from his glassy eyes. 

"I didn't want to know that this would all be over soon."

"But as I thought, it was useless. This will all be done tomorrow, so please bear with it." Taehyung stood up from the kneeling position he was in. Gently, he pecked her lips. He sure was going to miss this adorable little puppy.

"Hey Hanhui. I like you."