Wednesday

Seven Days

"That definitely means you like him." Hana's calm voice stated through the phone's speaker. As Hanhui pulled up her navy blue school skirt, her face contorted into a confused expression. Her head turned towards the direction of where her mobile was.

Though her best friend, Hana, was the youngest between their small group, she was the best listener... probably because she was just naturally quiet. So it was surprising to hear her ever give advice back.

"Are you sure?" That didn't sound right to Hanhui. The only time she has ever "liked" a guy was back in elementary, and the guy was from an anime.  Actually, it was more of an obsession but that's gone and over with—been there, done that. 

"It's either that or you're just really ."

"What's a ?"

"Nevermind—Oh, I gotta go. See you at school in a like half an hour." With that said, Hana hung up. Both girls have been talking since about 4 in the morning, which of course is extremely early; but Hanhui felt restless and really had to talk about her whole nervousness around Taehyung dilemma.

Her mom left around the time Hanhui woke up, meaning she had to make breakfast for herself; basically she was just going to have cereal, nothing special. Besides, if she were to try and cook she would burn down her house. 

Plus, her mom would probably be home really late again; meaning that she had to have cereal for dinner as well. She really should learn how to cook.

She jumped a little in surprise once she heard her doorbell ring. Buttoning up her top quickly, she ran down the stairs to answer the door. It was probably Taehyung again; who else would be coming over to her house this early in the morning for no reason?

She swung the front door open, not bothering to look through the peep hole; she knew who it was anyway.

"Good morning, sugar. Missed me?" He teased, leaning against the door frame. She eyed him up and down, confused by the fact that he wasn't wearing his school uniform. She would have been informed if it was "free-dress day" so why was he wearing casual clothes?

"Why aren't you dressed for—"

"Go get changed, we're playing hooky." He interrupted as he walked through her front door and flopped down onto her couch. Hanhui stood there motionless, and a little in awe, at him just sitting on her sofa and staring blankly at his cellphone.

"I can help you get changed if you want." 

"No, that won't be necessary. Uhm... I'll b-be right ba-back." She stuttered out. As soon as she excused herself to the top of the stairs, using a slow pace since her abdomen felt like it was being punched. Her mind nearly went completely blank from the pain, but she thought to herself. 

I have know idea what hooky is.

--- 

"Took you long enough, sweetheart." He had only heard the shuffling of her feet going downstairs. His eyes didn't shift from his mobile phone as he stood up from her couch to head towards the front door. Hearing her squeal from tripping, he looked up from his phone  with his eyebrows raised in surprise. 

Though he has seen Hanhui in casual clothes before, which was actually only once, he didn't expect such a cute outfit. Of course, he didn't mind. In fact, he kind of liked that their outfits also matched a little; A demin overall dress and his denim jacket and jeans.

"Is there something wrong with what I'm wearing?" Unknowingly, he had been staring at her. He shook his head to clear up his mind and smiled at her. 

"No, I just thought you looked adorable." She covered her face with her white hat to hide her expression and Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully as he grabbed her hand, dragging her towards his car.

As the both of them buckled in their seatbelts quietly, Hanhui went ahead and broke the silence with a question that she had been dying to ask ever since Taehyung suddenly barged into her house about less than half an hour ago.

"What's hooky?" Taehyung burst out into laughter as soon as heard the question. Hanhui was a little embarrassed that she didn't know all of these teenage slang words. Or was it slang? She really didn't know.

His finger wiped away a tear that managed to slip away from his eye because of laughing too hard. Gosh, she was so oddly innocent and it was so hilarious.

"Hooky is when you stay away from school purposely without permission."

"Won't we get in trouble?" Her face contorted into a panic.

"No, we'll be fine. We're not wearing our uniforms and we don't look like we're highschoolers. We look like a young college couple." He turned his head to smile at her teasingly while he backed out of her driveway. Though she knew her cheeks were heating up, she stuck out her tongue at him playfully and slouched back in the passenger's seat.

"You're funny, I look like I'm still a sophomore." This wasn't even a joke to Hanhui, she knew that she didn't look her age and she hated it.

"I think you look fine, you may have the innocence of a freshman but you definitely look like a beautiful woman to me." Those sweet words rolled off his tongue effortlessly; he didn't even have to think of a way to compliment her, there were so many positives about Hanhui that it would take years to list them all.

"God you're so cheesy... Sweet, but cheesy." Hanhui replied as she stared out the window. Outside was still foggy, considering it was early morning in Seoul, so there was nothing much to look at other than the faint silhouette of houses they were passing by.

Not wanting to worry him, she clenched her side discreetly from the unknown discomfort coming from her lower stomach.

The low volume of the radio didn't have to break any awkwardness that was inside the car; the atmosphere in the car was already pleasant. Taehyung did have the urge to just look at her constantly but he held back, not wanting to raise any odd questions in her mind.

He had had kind of planned out what they were going to be doing for the day—not really, he just bought the both of them tickets to the zoo. So basically this was a date, but he didn't want to say out loud that this was a date, so he made the excuse that they were just going to play hooky. 

Same difference.

If Taehyung were to be completely honest though, he knew Hanhui wouldn't catch on with his plan unless he told her. She was kind of an air head after all—which was pretty cute in Taehyung's opinion. A smile crept up to his lips as he took a quick glance at Hanhui who was fidgeting with her phone case.

His eyes shifted back to the road.

Almost nothing could ruin this day.

Well, unless a chimpanzee were to spit on Taehyung. But that probably won't happen again.

---

"Why do I have to wear this blindfold again?"

"Because it'll ruin the surprise if you don't—now stop acting like a hostage or else I'll get pulled over for kidnapping you." 

"But you basically did kidnap me."

"Did I tie you up and throw you in my trunk? No, now shut up or else I'll shut you up myself." 

Hanhui immediately covered , scared that Taehyung would slap some chloroform on her or a piece of duct tape. Of course, that's not what he meant by "shutting her up", but at least she wasn't running as much.

"Okay, we're here," Parking the car, he unbuckled his and Hanhui's seatbelts, "wait here for a bit, I'll guide you out the car." Hanhui nodded her head and maneuvered her way out of the seat belt. Her hands felt a bit clammy as her heart sped up. She didn't even know why she was so nervous.

"Just go slowly." He said gently as he lightly tugged her out of the car. His hand remained on her back, guiding her up and out of the vehicle. After shutting the door of the car he told her to walk forward and he would be right beside her.

Being not able to see was a horrible feeling. She had to completely trust that Taehyung wasn't going to allow her to bump into anything. What was worse than being temporarily blind was that she had to move like a turtle. 

"Watch out for the curb!" It was already too late for her to hear Taehyung's warning, her body was already falling towards the earth. This time she had a good reason to scream. Before she could feel the pain of the cold concrete, his arm had wrapped around her waist and pulled her up into his chest.

"You okay?" She responded to his question by nodding.

"Can I take off this... um blindfold, now?" Her voice quivered a bit, being under his touch... and in his arms. 

He let go of her, noticing that he seemed to be cradling her in his arms. 

"Yeah, go ahead." Pulling the blindfold down, a grin inched its way up her face. Just the mere sight of the zoo filled her with joy. Unconsciously, she had clung onto Taehyung, enveloping him in a hug full of gratitude. Before he could respond to the sudden display of affection, she began to drag him towards the front of the zoo.

Hanhui loved animals, they didn't really like her though... but that was fine with her! As long as she could at least love them from afar. Tragic one-sided love story, right? 

As the two of them approached the entrance, Hanhui stopped in her tracks to look at Taehyung who was struggling to keep up with her sudden lightning speed.

"Thank you so much, V!" Through his exaggerated pants, he looked up at her and shot a cheeky smile towards her direction. This day sure was going to be fun; of course for the both of them, but mostly for Taehyung. Since he will have a whole day with Hanhui all to himself.

"Anything for you, princess."

---

"Do you ever—haaaaa—get tired?" Running a marathon wasn't as tiring as chasing after Hanhui. She ran from exhibit to exhibit, seemingly unaware by the fact that she wasn't paying any attention to Taehyung at all. 

Apparently to Hanhui, animals were cuter than Taehyung.

"I only get tired when I'm forced to exercise—Oh my gosh! Those baby seals make me wanna cry!" Again, she ran off and away from him. 

"You constantly leaving me makes me wanna cry." He mumbled to himself as he trailed behind her slowly. It was a little past noon time now, and he was getting hungry and knowing Hanhui, she has already been hungry, she just doesn't notice because she's too busy drooling over the creatures here. Don't misunderstand, he thought the animals  were adorable—it's just that he thought Hanhui was more adorable than any animal here.

Thinking of a way to once more, he s his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"V? Wha-what are yo-you doing?" Finally, she notices him. And all it took was one little gesture.

"Let's go get some food, if I wait any longer I might just have to eat you." He joked playfully earning him a not-so-hard slap on the arm. Before Hanhui could agree to the idea, the sound of her stomach growling answered for her. The two laughed after earning a couple of odd stares from strangers who happened to hear the rumbling of her tummy.

As if she was reading his mind, she grabbed his hand and headed for the exit.

---

Hanhui enjoyed eating, especially if she was extremely hungry and if she wasn't paying. Taehyung didn't mind paying for Hanhui, in fact it made him feel more manly. Although the both of them basically ate the equivalent of an entire school's cafeteria, there was still some room for something sweet left. After picking up the bill, they sat in their chairs for a while in comfortable silence; also because they were trying to think of the food that they were still craving.

Both Hanhui and Taehyung's eyes lit up at the same time.

"Ice cream!" The two said in unison. Bowing towards the staff, the two left the restaurant together and walked towards the ice cream shop they passed by. School would have been out by now, so Hanhui didn't really worry about getting caught 'playing hooky' anymore. But after finding out how influential and popular Taehyung was, she hoped nobody from school would see them together.

The skies had begun getting shrouded in clouds, covering up the once bright sunny afternoon; but a little bit of weather change didn't bring down their mood.

Being in the shop smelling of freshly baked waffle cones and cream felt nostalgic to Hanhui, and not just because she got ice cream often. It felt that way because she was with Taehyung; it definitely wasn't a bad feeling... she just didn't know how she felt about him to be honest. But she had a hunch that maybe, just as Hana said, she was starting to develop feelings for the kingka.

"I'll have two scoops of chocolate fudge, and my lady will have two scoops of strawberry cheesecake." 

"Who said I was your-" He lightly placed his hand over to shut her up and paid the sweet cashier, telling her to keep the change. After waiting a minute, they were handed their cones.

Sitting down at a small booth, Hanhui whipped out her phone to take a picture of her food. Taehyung scoffed and rested his head against the palm of his hand as he watched her stand up to get better angles of her ice cream.

"You don't need to take pictures of it, just eat it." 

"But I need to take pictures of it, or else I'll feel bad for not making memories of it before I devour it." 

"You didn't do that with the pork belly earlier."

"Well, the pork belly has pictures of itself on the restaurant menu okay." 

"There are pictures of the ice crea-"

"Just shut your pie hole and let me take my darn photo."

Watching her get frustrated was fun for Taehyung. Teasing her was fun. And messing with her was fun. Everything about Hanhui that made her herself, was just so interesting and so unexpected. It was easy to see through her, but she always had good intentions, but her wanting to sleep with him was a curious thing though.

Taking a bite of her dessert, she let the cream cover her tongue and melt. She was surprised Taehyung even remembered her favorite ice cream flavor. She thought that he probably didn't remember the names of every female that he slept with, but that was before she found out that she confused him with the wrong guy.

"Thanks a lot for today, V."

"Taehyung."

"Hm?"

"You can call me Taehyung, you know... I know calling me V makes me sound cool, but I'd rather sound like I'm close to you than sound cool." He grinned at her, his eyes showing a smile. Her heart raced at the sight of his soft expression and her cheeks tinted a light shade of pink.

She likes him. Oh no, this is bad news bears.

---

Two hours had passed by, even though they didn't need to hours to eat their ice cream. All they actually needed was thirty minutes to eat, but they ended staying longer than needed again. The sudden sound of water hitting the roof interrupted their conversation, causing them to slightly jump in shock.

"Oh geez, it's raining." Hanhui stated. She mentally face-palmed herself for saying something so plainly obvious.

"Wow I totally didn't know it was raining, I obviously can't see the water that's pouring out of the sky heavily." He retorted back sarcastically to as he scrunched up his nose at her. He took off his jacket and handed it to her. Blankly, she stared at him confused.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" She asked guiltily. If had gotten sick because of her mistake of not bringing something warm, she'd feel really bad. And he would also probably make her stay over at his house and nurse him back to health. No thank you.

It wouldn't be good for my heart. She thought to herself.

"I'm not the one wearing a dress and a t-shirt. just pass me your hat and put on my hood." Taking her cap off, she rested it on the top of his head and fixed his fringe to keep it from blocking his sight. To return the favor, he put up the hood for Hanhui and tucked a couple of strands of hair behind her ear. 

Oh my god, that was super cheesy. The two thought to themselves, they both cringed a little at their own actions.

Being the 'gentleman' he was, he opened the door for him but was surprised when she wasn't anywhere in sight. Hanhui stood up abruptly from tying her shoe, somehow falling forward towards an unsuspecting Taehyung. Though he managed to catch her before the two of them fell right into the glass door, he wasn't really able to prevent a certain situation from happening...

Hanhui opened her eyes that seemed squeezed shut only to find that Taehyung's face was right in front of hers, and that her lips were a little occupied. Her eyes widened after realizing what was going on; Taehyung's reaction wasn't that extravagant. After registering the situation, he only closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment. That may have seemed a little douchey, but he was only acting based on how he felt.

And her lips tasted sweet.

After pulling back, she used a hand to cover in shock. She just had her first kiss; she wasn't angry, just surprised. Actually, she shouldn't even be overreacting like this; she was going to be sleeping with him after all! If she could barely handle a kiss, then how in the hell was she going to get through !

Her heart raced profusely as she looked to Taehyung, who seemed nonchalant about what happened. Of course, he's probably done this before. How could one of the most popular and desired guy at our school not have his first kiss already? Especially with that face! 

"We could try that again later, but let me drop you home before the expression 'it's raining cats and dogs' goes to 'it's raining lions and wolfs'." She nodded in agreement, a little embarrassed that she was the only one in shock about what just happened.

She just wished the earth would swallow her up.

As she walked out, Taehyung finally heaved out a sigh. He squatted down to the floor with bright red cheeks. He's kissed before; but it was different with her.

---

Hanhui paced around in her room, looking like a crazy person. Her overall dress was on the floor, along with her wet socks and shoes. Basically, she was randomly striding all over her room in a t-shirt and spandex.

"Get used to kissing me honey, I'll be doing that on Saturday."

Hanhui shook her head to try and rid herself of the thought of him. Her mind was still trying to process everything; how she had feelings for the guy who was going to sleep with her once and then never associate himself with her ever again. This wasn't supposed to involve emotions!

If he hadn't suggested this whole 'one week before I sleep with you' situation, then maybe she wouldn't have fallen so quickly. If she wasn't so desperate to become a woman, then maybe she wouldn't have asked him to sleep with her. If she had gotten her period already, then maybe none of this would have happened. There were so many 'ifs' that she could think of, it made her head hurt. But there's no way to rewind time, and she had to deal with this whole mess that she kind of created.

Pausing her pacing, she grabbed onto her lower stomach. Her face contorted a little in pain as she clenched the said body part. She didn't know why but this whole day, her stomach—specially the lower part of it—has been hurting. Probably from her not having breakfast this morning. 

She ignored the pain and jumped onto her bed, quickly falling asleep.

---

Author's Note:

If you want to know what they're wearing, here's a little picture haha.