Tuesday

Seven Days

"Mornin' Honeybee, you're up early." Hanhui smiled at the nickname her mom had given her and sat down at the island counter with an elated feeling bubbling inside of her. Lately, she's been a little more happier; she didn't know why, but she didn't want to question such a good thing.

"I know, I just feel a little hyper." It's like Hanhui was high off of life, she just felt so nice. And she also felt like sneezing a lot, but that didn't bother her. Nothing could really bother her this morning, not even her morning allergies.

Her mom handed her a plate of chocolate pancakes alongside with some bacon. Whenever Hanhui's mom cooked a western breakfast, she knew that she was in good mood. Typically because of something special going on.

"So what's the special occasion, mom?" She smiled cheekily at her mother who blushed madly. She only shrugged her shoulders teasingly and walked over to the sink to place the dirty dishes in. Hanhui hated whenever she did that; it just made her want to know even more.

Hanhui secretly wished that the 'special occasion' wasn't another date. She couldn't bear to watch her mother get her heart broken one more time.

The doorbell echoed throughout the house, causing the two females to jump a little in shock. Hanhui stood up to answer it, almost completely ignoring her plate of food, however her mother beat her to it. So Hanhui sat back down into her chair, it was probably the mail man anyway; she ordered a phone case and it should've arrived today.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Hanhui's ears perked up to the familiar deep voice that was coming from the front door. Her head snapped towards that particular direction, though she couldn't see anything, or any one to be precise, due to the wall blocking her view. Nonetheless, she knew Taehyung was here and she probably had to eat her breakfast quickly.

Her mom suddenly came running into the kitchen with a surprised expression written on her face.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend?!" She managed to exclaim between breaths. Taehyung, who was following right behind her, smiled brightly at Hanhui while he nodded his head to the bouquet of flowers in his hands. Hanhui felt her cheeks tint themselves to a light shade of pink as she stuffed some pancakes into her already-full mouth.

"I'm here to pick you up, jagiya. (babe)" He said emphasizing 'jagiya' as subtly as possible. She choked on her food. Was this punk out of sorts? Kim Taehyung really was a psychopath.

Her mom squealed a bit before excusing herself to go to work and so that she wouldn't 'get in the way of young love.'

"Are you crazy?" He laughed at her attempt in feigning an angry expression. He was just having way too much fun. Words couldn't explain how embarrassed she was; her mom would be pestering her all night. He placed the flowers on the counter and sat down right next to Hanhui, close enough for her to hear his light breathing.

Her heart raced uncomfortably, yet she found herself smiling to herself. She just couldn't hold back a grin that managed to creep up to her face. Hanhui really couldn't focus on eating; in fact, she lost her appetite.

---

"A limo? How extra are you, V?"

Taehyung didn't reply, he only opened the door for her with a cheeky grin. Maybe he was going a bit over the top. But he always had this urge to spoil her, just to see how she would react. It was amusing to watch her get flustered over little details.

As the two settled themselves into the vehicle, Hanhui shifted in her seat a little tensed. Being alone with him had made her nervous, and also more aware of how she looked. She had to break this awkward silence somehow, or maybe she could just say what was on her mind...

"You probably have girls attacking you from left and right, huh?" 

God, that was a weird question.

He chuckled a bit, before clearing his throat to answer.

"Of course I do, I mean who could resist this face?" He gloated as he brought up his hand to strike a pose. He flipped his hair dramatically and laughed amused at himself. How could someone be so arrogant? Hanhui thought to herself.

"I could." She mumbled to herself, annoyed by his constant cockiness. He didn't seem to hear at all though, since he was too occupied with his boasting. 

"But, I've never found a girl who's ever liked me for me, you know?" This statement suddenly caught her attention causing her head to jerk towards the direction of Taehyung who dazed off with a sad smile.

"Girls like me for my looks. They like me because I have money. They like me because I can make them look good and can make their friends jealous. They don't like me." Hanhui disagreed with his proposition. Taehyung may be a little annoying and conceited and... a little bit of a douche bag; but he was super sweet. He was caring, understanding, funny, and there were so many adjectives to describe him that she could go on for hours.

Maybe other girls can't see how cool he was, but she sure could.

"I think you're pretty great. Kind-hearted, easy-going, and basically a wonderful person." Unknowingly, her thoughts slipped out of . She didn't regret it though, she felt as though he needed to hear what she was thinking anyway.

Taehyung's cheeks brushed a light shade of pink. It's been such a long time since someone has told him that he was much more than what he appeared to be. She's just another girl, he tried to convince himself. Yet, he found that she was much different than everyone else and something about her captivated him. He was wrong about her being 'like every other girl.'

He already knew that she was different from everyone else for a long time.

"Thanks, really. But I shouldn't be one to complain. I let it happen and I don't do anything to stop it." He replied truthfully, although he was a bit reluctant.

"That just goes to show how much you care for others feelings more than your own, sometimes you gotta be selfish instead of selfless."

He never thought of it that way.

---

Taehyung's day felt a little brightened up. Jungkook could tell, and he was a little creeped out by the rainbows shooting out from his hyung's smile. For the past fifteen minutes, Taehyung has been staring at the wall with same stupid grin glued to his face and his eyes were probably blinking.

I mean his eyes haven't closed yet. He thought to himself.

Jungkook had no idea what was going on. Was he having a staring contest with the wall or...? He waved a hand in front the older's face but no reaction was received. Reluctantly, he poked his cheek but still nothing happened. Not until Jungkook pinched the side of his arm did he finally flinch and yell out in pain.

"I thought you were dead." The younger joked. Taehyung paid him no mind and went into studying the topic written on the whiteboard. He had no idea what Jungkook was talking about, he was paying attention to his research his whole time.

"Yah! Don't just ignore me~ At least tell me what that 'smiling off into space' thing was." Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He didn't do that, did he? It wasn't like him to just daze off like that; actually he dazed off a lot, but not in a weird 'giggling at the air' kind of way.

If Taehyung were to be dazed, he would have a serious look on his face and would be thinking about what he would like to eat when he gets home.

"I didn't do that, it doesn't sound like something I'd do anyhow, pabo~" He flicked the maknae's forehead lightly. Jungkook only pouted at his hyung who refused to fess up.

"I know it's something you wouldn't do, that's why I'm asking—don't tell me, is it a girl?" Jungkook's eyes brightened in excitement and anticipation; he and the rest of BTS have been waiting so long for Taehyung to find somebody special so he wouldn't be hurting anymore.

Hanhui's face flashed in V's mind.

"No it's not a girl, I was just um—really happy about this science assignment." Considering Taehyung wasn't the type to lie, whenever he attempted even the littlest fib, he would always manage to screw it up somehow and get really nervous, Jungkook could tell right away that it was definitely about someone special.

"Yeah, suuuuuurrre." Jungkook replied, stretching out the vowel. It's a girl after all, but who could she be? What a good question... Jungkook thought to himself; there wasn't a single girl that managed to pop up in his head. Taehyung talked to a lot of girls; it was like picking a needle out of a haystack to find the single girl that was making him act crazy.

Either way, Jungkook was definitely going to be informing the rest of the gang about this. He looked over at his hyung who was still smiling for no reason, this time at the ceiling, and cringed a little. He snapped his fingers in front of his face, though he already knew he wasn't going to move a muscle.

Love really does blind a man. Literally. 

---

"Hyung~" Jungkook whined towards Taehyung. The older just ignored him and took another sip of his beverage. The other members didn't seem to pay any mind to what they were doing; the two were always this loud during lunch.

"Who is she? I wanna meet the girl who's going to be my noona." Taehyung choked at Jungkook's statement. The rest of the members suddenly paid attention to the conversation. Of course, the group was always surrounded by girls; but it was rare for any of the members to be talking about any of them.

"She? I don't know who you're talking abou—LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!" Taehyung stood up from the table abruptly and ran towards the bathroom, unconsciously leaving all of his stuff behind.

"Welp, it's time to look through his things." Rapmon exclaimed as he set down his sandwich and pulled Taehyung's bag into his lap. 

Nonchalantly, he rummaged through the pockets. The rest of them gathered around the bag, trying to take a peek at what was in it. Jimin pushed the taller members aside and stuck his hand into the bag and fished around until he felt a phone in his small hands.

"What was his password agai—oH mY gOd." The screen lit up with a candid of a girl enjoying her ice cream. The members pushed each other to get a glimpse of what was his lockscreen; they gasped loudly and dramatically, earning them curious looks from the other students around them.

"Oh! I know her! She's in my chemistry class and she's really funny." Jin suddenly exclaimed.

"Really? What was one of her jokes?" Jimin asked.

"Oh no, she doesn't tell jokes—but this one time, she almost dropped a chemical onto the ground and it was like she was playing hot potato."

"That doesn't matter right now. Boys, we're going to go investigate." Rapmon gathered all of them into a group and began to devise a plan; nothing complex, just the usual 'following Taehyung after school.'

---

History was whatever as always. Nothing interesting or new. I mean it all happened in the past, so how could it be new? Hanhui laughed a bit at the joke she told to herself. Although, she only told these dumb puns to herself; she still always managed to laugh as if someone else told it.

"Why are you all smiley?" The familiar deep voice behind her said, startling her in the process. She hated whenever he did that without a warning. She pouted at him but this time didn't turn and walk away.

"Nothing; none of your business anyway." She said trying feign anger. 

"Anyways. I'm going to walk you home." He smiled and walked out the door without her, already knowing she would follow regardless of any arguments she was going to give. 

"Alright, but why?" Always a surprise with her. He thought to himself. This time, she didn't bicker back. All she did was ask a simple question that he was already prepared to answer.

"I just wanted to spend a little more time with you and your cute smile." Taehyung knew how to create butterflies in a person's stomach and would use it to his advantage. And although he didn't gain anything from tugging at her heart strings—no wait, he gained the satisfaction of watching her face go from vanilla ice cream to strawberry syrup, never mind.

But hey, if he were lying then she would've known right away... and she's an airhead.

As much as she tried to ignore his cringe-worthy line, her heart already raced out of her chest. She pulled out a piece of chocolate from her pocket and instead of unwrapping it to eat, like she usually did to calm down, she threw it at his forehead and ran down the hall.

"Yaaah!" His yell echoed through the empty corridor. Short legs did not help her out in this situation; actually her legs weren't that short, in fact they were well proportioned with her small body, but they seemed like toothpicks compared to Taehyung's. 

A wave of childishness came over him, causing him to chase after her. Her small frame scampered away like a squirrel, while his charged like a tiger. She screamed so loud that probably all of Korea could hear her.

Unsurprisingly, he managed to catch up to her. His arms wrapped around her upper body from behind; though he made sure to be careful since he didn't want to be accidentally touching any "no-no" areas...yet.

"I caught you." He whispered into her ear, a little out of breath. She struggled a bit in his grip; trying to jump, wiggle, and even trying to relax her whole body so that all her weight would fall towards the ground, but she couldn't seem to get free. Though all this squirming did give her an excuse to her now bright red face.

"I'll release you; but next time I won't let you off so easy." He teased. This whole racing heart thing was starting to annoy her; since she had no idea what it meant. Maybe when she gets home she could call Hana about it; she was a great listener anyway.

---

"Oh my gosh, that was so cheesy." Jungkook shivered to himself. Taehyung was always the type to mess and around and act cool, but acting like a lead in a K-drama? You would have to bribe him with a puppy, because his pride was way too high for that.

Jimin and J-Hope were trying their best to hold back their squeals, while Jin and Rapmon were looking through the pictures that they took of them doing some gross lovey-dovey stuff.

"I think she's the one." Suga blurted out as he watched Taehyung and Hanhui continue down the hallway. He looked at her differently; it was gentle and playful. All the members have watched Taehyung around other girls and he looked at them like objects; in all fairness though, they looked at him as if he was a one-way ticket to popularity.

There was no doubt that there was a great connection between them. Suga smiled as he ruffled her hair and she pouted at him. And Suga definitely wasn't the only one thinking that thought she was the girl; the girl that changed Taehyung that time.

---

"Why are you following me?"

"I'm walking you home, you dingus. I just told you that like—as we were leaving the classroom."

"Oh... Yeah." Hanhui didn't really have a good memory; unless there was a certain event such as a wedding or the biggest birthday party in history, she couldn't recall a single thing that happened in the last 24 hours.... half of the time. Actually, her memory was just selective.

An awkward silence had suddenly developed between them as he began to walk a few steps closer to her. To break this, Taehyung slipped out his phone and played a favorite song of his.

Hanhui's eyes brightened—she had this song on repeat in both her car and her mom's car.

"Ah! I love this song!" This was one of the few songs she knew all the lyrics to; and that wasn't a stretch since she was basically rhythmically challenged.

"You know, back in freshman year... I remember when I was walking to my class, I was listening to this song, then I saw a kid getting beat up and I saved him from possibly having to go to the hospital." His heart raced at the statement, but he managed to hide his excitement, keep his calm, and laugh it off.

"You can recall that, but you suddenly forget me telling you something that happened 20 minutes ago?"

"Shut your trap." She said distancing herself from him as a joke, slowing stepping onto the street; except she didn't manage to see the vehicle coming up behind her. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into his chest.

"God, you're so clumsy." He spoke a little slowly, still surprised that there was a truck going 60 in a small neighborhood. Trucks of that size shouldn't even be allowed over here! With his arms still engulfing her tiny body, he turned and pulled her off the road. She was a little shaky then.

Hanhui was a little unsteady. Her body felt frozen in place.

"I'm here, everything's alright."

And her body suddenly relaxed into his warmth.