Prologue

Seven Days

I don't know what to say.

Hanhui thought to herself as she tried her best to keep up with her friend's conversation. Hanhui didn't know how to relate to the topic they were talking about; she's never had cramps, unless you count working too hard during physical education, she's never worried about leaking, unless it was a very stormy day, and she's never experienced getting over-emotional, unless you count her watching a drama.

In short, she's never faced the pain of having a period.

"And I can't believe that I had gotten my period during my cousin's wedding! It was a good thing I always kept an emergency tampon in my makeup pouch." Her best friend, Jihye, had exclaimed. Her other best friend, Hana, nodded along to her story and related her menstruation story as well. After the ending of Hana's re-telling, they both looked at Hanhui to tell hers.

Hanhui's eyes shifted around nervously to see any object that could help her come up with a story as fast as possible. It would've been embarrassing for her two closest friends to find out that the eldest of this group had not even reached the point of becoming a woman yet.

Her attention was immediately caught when she glanced at a water bottle sitting on the teacher's desk. And thus, she finally found the fake story she needed. Even though it may have been a little bit over the top.

"So I'm at my cousin's pool, right? I noticed that my stomach had started to cramp once I got into the water, but I thought it was the burger I had earlier and it was just ready to come out. So I decided to ignore it and went back to swim. But then my cousin screamed because she said that the cow that I ate earlier was coming out of me. That was when I realized that my egg had been released from my ovary." Hanhui could tell her friends had tried not to laugh at her choice of words, but it was fine; at least they believed it.

The bell had rung just in time for lunch, so they didn't have time to ask her any questions; Hanhui would've taken too long to answer them and they would've gotten suspicious. She released a sigh of relief before walking out of her math classroom with both her friends.

---

Hanhui picked at the bowl of cucumbers in front of her as she scrolled through a couple of advice websites on how to become a woman. It was a little embarrassing to be doing this, but it would probably more embarrassing to ask her mom for tips.

Hanhui didn't necessarily like cucumbers, but she read a whole blog about how it will benefit you in the long run; and she did tend to believe things very easily.

is a good way to finally reach the beginning of your womanhood!

Hanhui's face grew a little red. She's never thought about it that way, she didn't even have a boyfriend at the moment. She hasn't even gotten her first kiss yet, you think she'll be expecting to do the hanky panky? Nonetheless, she continued to read on with the blog.

Once you get rid of that v-card, you'll be in with the big gals! You'll have bragging rights to all things lady!

It didn't seem like such a bad idea right? She didn't want to wait possible years to become a woman, when she could become one instantly. Truth was, she was extremely scared of this situation to happen, but it'll happen eventually right? The only difference is that it'll happen much sooner than she expected.

She popped another cucumber in and chewed slowly, only slightly disgusted by it's taste. She really wanted to be grown up as soon as possible, being known as "just a kid" wasn't working out for her anymore. She wanted to be able to go to a restaurant and not be offered a kid's menu, or go to an R-rated movie and not have to show her ID. She was eighteen going on to nineteen and a senior in high school, she was obviously old enough to go watch "50 Shades of Grey" without her 'guardian.'

She gulped the rest of her water down to try and get rid of the taste of the cucumber and shut the lid of her laptop, flopping back onto her bed to think about this decision. She remembered the ending line of the blog where it mentioned...

P.S. having whoopee could also help you glow!

She didn't exactly knew what glow meant, but she did have a good idea as to how it might look. She could probably be able to glow just like the sun or something.

Was there anybody who would be willing to do it with her? There was one guy in her History who was known to be a playboy, at least that's what she overheard from conversations from crying girls in the hallway. He would accept her, right? It's not like he's never done it before... right?

---

Oh, god I'm nervous.

She was crazy, she knew that too. It was nearly the end of school, her last period being History and it was her next class. He was here for sure, she saw him talking to a few girls as he was walking around the halls.

Her heart was racing so hard, and not because she felt anything for him, but because she was basically going to ask if she could be his "booty call" or would the right term be "one night stand"? She didn't know; she only tried studying this last night.

She took out a piece of mint chocolate from her pocket. They helped her calm down. And right now, all she needed was to be calm.

Desperate? That was the best word to describe her right now. She had already unconsciously began to look at the clock constantly, just waiting for the period to be over.

"Lee Hanhui! If you seriously can't wait for the class to end, then you should wait outside and balance a few books to pass the time." The teacher passed her a few textbooks as she walked outside the classroom; she did manage to catch an earful of snickering before walking out the doorway.

She sighed as she walked out of her Science class; textbooks in hand, she proceeded to her knees and balanced both books on the palms of each of her hands.

"You too, huh?" She was surprised by the deep voice talking to her, she looked to her side and her eyes widened. Kim Taehyung. Just the guy she had been looking for; he was already here. Her face turned nearly crimson and he chuckled at her.

"You look like a tomato." He gave her such a crazy smile, that it made it her smile as well. He did have that kind of idol aura, it was just so hard not to like him. She just guessed that's why so many girls liked him, because he was like a dream.

He continued to stare at her, waiting for an explanation as to why she was outside in the hallway receiving a punishment.

"Oh, I'm here because I wouldn't stop staring at the clock." She said a little embarrassed, but he didn't seem to mind since he only smiled back and explained why he was there.

"Well, I'm here for... to be honest I don't know why I'm out here. Sometimes the teacher just sends me outside because people tend to be distracted by me. " He sighed; he didn't really seem angry though, it seemed like he didn't feel as if it was unfair for him to be sent out for no reason.

"Um... Taehyung-ssi-"

"Just call me V." He smiled at her brightly and she tried to hold in a laugh.

"Why V?" She asked bursting out into laughter.

"Because it makes me sound cool." He laughed with her. His laugh was quite loud though...

"You two! Shut up! I put you out there to suffer, not have fun!" The teacher's head peeked out of the classroom and both Hanhui and Taehyung held in their giggles. They both looked to each other and opened their mouths to laugh but, not wanting to get in trouble again, no noise slipped pass their lips once he went back inside.

"Oh yeah, weren't you about to say something?" He laughed sheepishly after realizing he had interrupted her so suddenly. Her face nearly turned as bright as a cherry tomato; what was she going to say? She couldn't say it right here! Maybe she should just wait until after school...

"Oh... um... do you mind if I ask you something after school?" His bright eyes flattened and he responded with a dull expression. Hanhui nearly panicked at how uninterested he looked right after she asked. Did she do something wrong?

"Sure. I'll see you after school. Oh, looks like the bell's about to ring." He gave her a half-smile, picked up his textbooks, and returned into his respective classroom.

What did she do wrong?

---

Taehyung thought that she would be different. He thought that she wouldn't fall in love with him right away. Though it may sound like he's being narcissistic, he hoped that she wouldn't like him just for his outer appearance. He was much more than a pretty face.

She seemed so different when he first met her back when they were freshmen.

He didn't mean to be so rude to her when she asked to see him after school; it could've been about something other than a confession. But he didn't exactly feel like it was something other than a confession.

Actually, he didn't feel like it was exactly a confession at all. He didn't know what it was exactly, but he knew it was trouble. Yet, he liked trouble sometimes; he thought it was exciting.

What's wrong with a little fun as long as nobody gets hurt?

He bowed towards the teacher before he set down the textbooks on his desk. He flashed a smile at his seatmate, Jungkook, before plopping down at his desk.

"V-Hyung? The bell is about to ring... why didn't you just stay outside and leave the textbooks there?" Taehyung shrugged, he didn't know why he came in either. He could have just stayed outside in the hallway with that Hanhui girl.

He could've just sat in complete silence with Hanhui... oh, that was why he came back in.

"Oh, it was nothing too important. There's was just something outside that made me feel a little nervous." He wasn't lying. Taehyung wasn't the type to lie nor hold grudges. But he was the type to not tell the complete truth, just maybe a part of it. He did like to keep people on their toes.

The bell had rung, indicating the end of their current class. Taehyung and Jungkook both stood up and walked out the class, hands in their pockets, and towards their History class. Although Taehyung was still reluctant to not go at all. Was it because of the test that was worth 10% of his grade?

Nope. It was about the girl who sat two seats to the left of him. Lee Hanhui.

---

History was nothing special, like always. The only time Hanhui thought it was fun was when they got to watch a movie... scratch that, it wasn't that fun since they had to take notes during the movie.

The test was a breeze for her; she was a hard-worker, after all, so the extra late-night studying was worth it after all. Although the test was extremely easy, she couldn't help but continue to tug at her hair in stress. She just didn't want the period to end, even though she hated history.

Hanhui picked up her notebook and was about to walk out the door to look for V, but before she could leave her wrist was gently grabbed.

"There you are." He grinned, showing off his eye smile. She looked around nervously and tried to stall a bit... and to make sure that nobody else was around to witness what she was going to say. He looked at her and tilted his head to the side. She was snapped out of her daze when he poked her forehead.

"Oh, you were alive." Taehyung laughed at his own remark before quieting down to listen to what she had to say.

Hanhui took a deep breath before finally speaking up.

"Will you go out with me?" She said shakily.