Rollercoaster

Someone Worth Everything
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook sat on his bed, staring at the wall. He'd been doing so for the last three hours. Thinking.

At first, he was wondering why he was feeling so upset. He wasn't usually one to be affected so easily. Then he realized he wasn't that upset. He was more... numb. He didn't feel tired anymore, but he was far from energetic. He didn't feel hungry anymore. He didn't feel thirsty anymore. He didn't feel in pain anymore. He didn't feel anything.

Seokjin couldn't help it. He was happier than he'd been in years. He pulled Namjoon by the hand to go and try each ride at the amusement park, which was lit by bright lights on both sides, illuminating the area that would otherwise be bathed in the darkness of the night. After each, he would take Namjoon's hand again and drag him off to yet another. When he tired of rides, they walked around and tried almost all the games.

Often, someone would recognize Seokjin and ask for a picture. Usually, Namjoon would be the one to take it. Even though Namjoon said he didn't mind, Seokjin gave him a quick peck on the cheek after each one when he was sure no one was looking. Apparently, no fans had realized the two were on a date. They assumed the two were just friends, and Namjoon sometimes mentioned that they knew each other in high school. This interested many people and strengthened the belief that they were two high school friends reuniting.

Namjoon never complained about Seokjin's endless energy, but Seokjin picked up on how Namjoon walked a bit slower and yawned while attempting discretion. "You want to eat something?" asked Seokjin.

Namjoon nodded. "If you want to."

"I always want food," replied Seokjin.

They ate dinner together and then decided to go home.

---

Seokjin smiled. They were once again at his front door. His back was facing it, and Namjoon was keeping a space between them. Seokjin knew he was trying to be polite, but he wished he wouldn't.

"I had so much fun today, Namjoon! Thank you for taking me."

Namjoon shrugged. "I thought you would like it. I had fun as well." He was blushing, and Seokjin found it adorable. He kissed Namjoon, this time on the lips.

"I have to film another drama, starting tomorrow. I'll be a little busier then. But I'm sure we'll find time to see each other anyway. I just wanted to tell you so you knew."

Namjoon nodded. "Yeah, I should probably go back in to work. I've been skipping a few days, and people have started getting a little mad."

Seokjin giggled. "Namjoon! You can't skip work because of me! Now I feel bad."

Namjoon stepped closer and brushed noses with Seokjin. "Don't worry. I'll work three times as hard as usual and they won't even care that I missed a few days. They'll love you."

Seokjin rolled his eyes. "Sure." He placed a finger on his lips, thinking. "If I come visit you at work, do you think your co-workers would tell the press?"

Namjoon shook his head. "They're all pretty respectful. I wouldn't worry. Go ahead and visit me every minute of the day."

Seokjin blushed. "Stop it," he whined.

Namjoon kissed him. "You should probably sleep if you have work tomorrow. It's already late."

Seokjin sighed. "Okay. I love you. You don't have to say it back." He turned around and opened the door.

But right before his door was all the way closed, seperating them for the night, Seokjin heard it.

"I love you, too."

"Maybe, Taehyung, you should just go back to him. I'm sure you'll be a lot less y then," Jimin said, sighing into the phone.

Taehyung snarled. "So much for being my best friend."

"It's not like you've been much of a friend recently, either. Calling at me in the middle of the night, only to end up yelling at me over nothing? Inviting me out to have fun and ending up yelling at strangers and me, also over nothing? You've developed serious anger issues over the past couple of weeks, and it's ridiculous. Either realize that you're upset over Jungkook and beg for him to forgive you, or find someone else to take your anger out on." Jimin hung up.

Taehyung glared at his phone after taking it from his ear. After almost 10 years of friendship, I thought he'd be a little more understanding or something. I'm not upset over Jungkook. I'm just easily irritated recently. He's overreacting.

Taehyung looked at his calendar and groaned. He had a TV appearance the next day. God, he hated those.

---

"Taehyung! We are seriously so honored to have you," the host said. She smiled at him.

Her face annoyed Taehyung. He looked at her and turned his gaze to a toddler in the audience. That was so much more interesting. The child was bouncing up and down, and Taehyung was able to smile at the sight.

"...your new album?"

Taehyung returned his attention to the host. "What?"

She giggled a little nervously. "I asked about the concept of your new album," she repeated.

Taehyung shrugged. "Why can't you just wait and find out? It doesn't take that much energy to be patient."

The host bit her lip. "Yes, yes. It's just, some of your fans wanted to know. But if you would prefer it be a surprise, then we can move on. There have been some recent rumors about you and Irene possibly dating."

Taehyung scoffed. "Who?"

The audience let out loud gasps. The host bunched her lips nervously. Taehyung was beginning to get more irritated. "Irene. A fellow idol. She's apart of the group Red Velvet. Pe

Please log in to read the full chapter