Proposal

Someone Worth Everything
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taehyung's fans were incredible. They supported him and forgave him. Irene also went out and asked people to forgive him since she had forgiven him. She also said that everyone makes mistakes and that everyone has days when they're down. Taehyung had worked hard to find her and personally thank her profusely.

Taehyung and Jungkook didn't spend as much time together, but they didn't need to. Unlike before, when they constantly needed to be near each other, they felt secure and knew that the other loved them. Taehyung didn't mind when Sana and Jungkook went out because he saw how Jungkook made an effort to limit their skinship and time together. The nights that they spent at each other's houses, filled with "I love you's" and other sickly sweet words, were enough to convince Taehyung that Jungkook was his, and he'd already known he was Jungkook's for a long time. Jungkook was very obviously putting an effort into making Taehyung feel appreciated, and Taehyung tried to give the other more space. They did have arguments, as no relationship is perfect, but they were always able to work it out.

"Yoongi?" said Hoseok, sipping his coffee.

"Hm?"

"What's with your family? Why do they treat you so badly?" The way Yoongi tensed told Hoseok that he probably shouldn't have asked. "I'm sorry..."

"No." Yoongi stood up from his desk and walked over to the couch, sitting beside Hoseok. "I told you I want you to know everything about me, and this is kind of big." He took a deep breath. "I told you my parents died in a car accident." Hoseok nodded, gently taking Yoongi's hand in his to try and offer support as he went through his rough past. "Well, they were coming to pick me up because I had ditched school. No one knew where I was, and it was night. Some teacher found me with a friend in the park next to my school, and called my parents. They were driving fast because they were worried about me or couldn't wait to ground me or something, and this drunk college student ran into their car, which pushed them off the road and into a tree. So my family thinks it's my fault they died.

"I didn't have any one to take me in except my aunt, so I lived with her until I was 18. She didn't trust me not to steal anything she bought for me, even my clothes. Every day, she would throw a random pair of pants and a t-shirt so that I couldn't go and sell all my other clothes or whatever else she thought I would've done. My room was a sleeping bag on the floor of her basement.

"When I turned 18, I ran away to make music. I remember," Yoongi chuckled here, "I remember that I took my backpack, which was this lame, tiny thing that my parents got me when I was 10. I couldn't take any clothes, so I only packed my sleeping bag and a water bottle. So I was homeless for a year and a half. Then I was accepted as a trainee at Big Hit, and they decided to make me a rapper. I worked two jobs while I was a trainee for a year, and I was able to buy an apartment. Then, I got where I am now. My aunts and uncles think they're the reason for my success, so that's why they always host things at my house and use my stuff and borrow money. I guess I should tell them to stop now that it's not just me anymore. Wait, why are you crying?"

Hoseok had tears streaming down his face. "Because you had to suffer so much. And you don't deserve it."

Yoongi's face softened. He wrapped Hoseok in his arms, and the crying man pushed his face into the other's shoulder as he was embraced. "You don't have to worry, babe. It's already happened. We can't do anything about it, except learn from our mistakes. And other people's, too. But if all that hadn't happened, then I wouldn't be who I am, and I wouldn't be where I am. Which would mean that I wouldn't have met you."

"Oh my gosh, stop being cheesy." Hoseok pushed himself away and sniffled, wiping away his remaining tears. "I still feel bad, though."

Yoongi rubbed his back. "I don't need you to feel bad for me. You already do enough. You should get back to work now."

ONE YEAR LATER

"Namjoon, Yoongi," Hoseok said, gesturing to the appropriate people.

"Hoseok, Jin," Namjoon copied.

Jin bowed deeply. "Nice to meet you. I am Kim Seokjin--" Hoseok laughed, cutting him off.

"I know, Seokjin. We went to the same high school. Don't you remember? I was Namjoon's cooler, but-somehow-always-the-third-wheel bestfriend."

"How can you be cool and yet the third wheel?" muttered Yoongi. Hoseok either didn't hear or ignored him.

Jin tapped his chin. "Oh! Jung Hoseok!" Hoseok nodded.

"Shall we eat?" Namjoon offered.

---

The food Jin had prepared was amazing, as usual. Hoseok and Yoongi complimented him, which made him glow with pride. Namjoon thought that the media would find it very interesting that Suga and Jin were having dinner together, two people that were very opposite to each other. But it seemed that both celebrities didn't have too many nosy people or press around them, so it wasn't a problem.

Namjoon and Hoseok reminisced about their high school days, while Jin and Yoongi got to know each other a little. Soon the room was filled with chatter and laughter, and their conversations overlapped as Hoseok included the other two. Namjoon noticed that Yoongi didn't seem to be so cold and disinterested when he was smiling as Hoseok danced around the room and overreacted to everything that was being said. He even laughed sometimes, which Namjoon found very interesting.

The night passed by too quickly, ending with promises to meet again and hugs.

---

“Joonie!” called Jin.

Namjoon looked up from his computer screen. He was leaning back in his blue, cushioned chair in front of the wall composed of a single, clear window that offered a perfect view of the city. Jin tip-toed slowly into the office.

“Hey, baby,” said Namjoon. Jin gave up trying to be discreet and ran to his boyfriend. He came close to peck Namjoon, but before he could, Namjoon pulled him by the hand so he ended up in Namjoon’s lap. Jin blushed and tried to stand, but Namjoon held him by his hips.

“Uh, sir?” said Namjoon’s secretary. Jin fell off of Namjoon’s chair. Namjoon glanced at his flustered boyfriend before looking up at his secretary.

“Yes?” he said in an bored tone.

“The engineering team wanted to know when you needed the report."

Namjoon sighed. "By this afternoon." His secretary nodded and exited quickly. Jin stood up and brushed himself off, as if there was dirt on the floor of Namjoon's sparkling, clean office.

"That was embarrassing," he said.

Namjoon only smirked before pulling his boyfriend towards him once again.

"Jungkookie, it's been more than a year. Shouldn't we come out to the public?" Taehyung whined as his boyfriend attempted to make breakfast. "I want to be able to hold you outside of our homes. I want to show you off to the world. And it's not like you're dating Sana anymore, so what's the issue?"

Jungkook sighed and faced Taehyung. "We should talk to Bang-PD."

---

Taehyung and Jungkook nervously stood side by side, a good distance away from each other. The company said that doing it in a personal video to fans would be best, so that's what they were doing. It was Jungkook who spoke first, since Taehyung's heart was beating too fast for him to formulate any of the planned out words.

"Hello, everyone. Taehyung and I have an announcement to make. We wanted to tell you because we feel like you, as our fans, deserve to know after supporting us so much for so long. I want to start by thanking all of you for that. I hope you will continue to support us... even after this." Jungkook stopped talking

Please log in to read the full chapter