Falling

Someone Worth Everything
Please log in to read the full chapter

a/n: Okay, so I was writing this and long story short, I lost all of it. So this is my best attempt at re-doing it from memory, and I hope I still have everything that's supposed to be in it. Sorry. I'm in a little bit of a crappy mood.

Hoseok woke up a good three minutes before he was brave enough to open his eyes. When he did, light filled his vision and temporarily blinded him for a few seconds. When he could see again, he saw that the bed was empty beside him. There was a tray of food, a steaming cup of coffee, a rose, and a note on the bedside table.

Hoseok,

Eat before you leave. You can stay longer if you want, but I'll be back at 5 if you're planning on leaving without having to see me. And don't worry about the rose, it doesn't mean anything. I just thought you'd like it.

Hoseok did like the rose. And the breakfast, and the coffee.

---

"This is Jungkook. Please leave a message."

Hoseok sighed. "Where have you been?? Your fans are worried and being cranky, everyone at work is going crazy, and Bang PD is really mad at you. I know you're sick, but it's been a long time! Please answer my calls." He hung up. Maybe it was annoying, but he was very worried about Jungkook. His family didn't seem to be worried and kept trying to assure everyone Jungkook was fine without revealing his whereabouts, and that was the only reason the police hadn't been called.

It had been a week. Jin didn't say anything, but Namjoon didn't say anything, either. Every time they had an argument, it was Namjoon who apologized and admitted he was wrong, while Jin was the one to forgive and accept. Namjoon was sick of it. It didn't seem fair at all to him, not then, not now. He'd dealt with it for long enough, all out of fear (because angry Jin was freaking scary).

He woke up alone in the bed, went to work on time, came back to an empty house, and slept early. Just like when he'd been single.

It was the weekend now, so he was at a bar. He was scrolling through his and Jin's texts (he didn't mean to) on the bar stool when a drink was placed in front of him. He pushed all thoughts of the beautiful boy out of his head and looked up.

"From the woman in blue," said the bartender, pointing. Namjoon looked over to a blonde foreigner in a short, tight dress. She sashayed over to him.

"Hey, Handsome," she said. Namjoon almost laughed, because she didn't know she was sabotaging her own efforts. The word "handsome" was enough to place Jin in Namjoon's mind and bring up an image of his adorable, confident smile.

"I have to go," Namjoon said in flawless English. The woman looked shocked, either from being rejected, or his skill in the language. There was no way Namjoon would ever cheat on Jin, even if they were going through a rough patch. That's all it was. A rough patch. It was stupid and useless. Being stubborn was the same.

Anyway, the thought of being with anyone else made Namjoon want to throw up.

Seokjin knew he was being unreasonable. The only thing stopping him from running back into Namjoon's warm, loving, reliable, strong, comforting, beautiful arms (did he just call someone's arms beautiful?) was his stupid pride. But he was upset with himself more than the other, and his frustrations apparently showed through his work, because Haeryung approached him after the shooting for the day.

"Um, Seokjin-ssi?" Seokjin turned to face the skinny actress. "You kind of seemed... off for the past few days. I know it's not my business, but are you and Namjoon okay?"

Seokjin stared at her, shocked. "What?"

Her eyes opened in panic. "You two aren't dating? Oh, I'm sorry, I thought--"

Seokjin shook his head. "No, we are. But it's a secret. How did you know?"

Haeryung smiled. "Oh, I know it's a secret. I won't tell anyone. It could alter your image or whatever. I could kind of figure it out by the way he looks at you. I only ever saw him look at me like that, and it stopped near the end of our relationship. I never saw him look at anyone like that ever since. Until you. It's actually a lot more intense with you than I've ever seen it before. Whatever you're going through, I hope you can work it out. He loves you a lot, I can tell."

Seokjin's chest ached from guilt. "Haeryung?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want to practice... acting with me? Outside work. Just because you're new, and maybe you'd like a few tips? So both of us can improve? Only if you want to."

Haeryung smiled widely. "Oh, yes! Thank you! That would be so helpful! I know I at acting, and this would make sure our show doesn't flop!"

---

When the work day ended, Seokjin climbed into his car as fast as he could and drove like a maniac. Luckily, there weren't many cars. He parked swiftly and burst out of his car, running to the door and knocking loudly, non-stop, as fast as he could. After 40 seconds, Namjoon opened the door, looking confused. Seokjin started crying.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon! I know I was being stubborn and prideful and I was wrong and overeacting. I wasn't thinking, and I'm sorry that I let such a small thing make me so upset. I was stupid, and wrong, and overreacting, and I already said that, but I'm so stubborn, which I also already said, and..." He didn't really know what he was saying anymore, because his emotions were flooding his brain and keeping him from being able to formulate new sentences. A hiccupy breath made its way between ev

Please log in to read the full chapter