The Aftermath

Someone Worth Everything
Please log in to read the full chapter

a/n: Don't forget to read chapter 5! Regarding that (spoiler alert if you haven't read it), I don't know if anyone noticed, but when Taehyung breaks up with Jungkook, it's night. But before that, I wrote the scene where Namjoon and Seokjin are waking up. That actually happens the morning after Taekook's break. Sorry if it's confusing. Jungkook's PoV and Hoseok's PoV will be starting the morning that Namjin woke up in last chapter. There's some sort of overlap or something. Although it's not really important for you to remember the time everything happens; it's mostly for me.

His manager held out his phone.

“Here,” he said. “Someone found it and handed it in this morning.”

Jungkook took it, and the manager walked away. Jungkook looked down at his phone. If I’d had this yesterday… If I’d been able to call him, maybe this wouldn’t have happened. But he was lying to himself and he knew it. It only would’ve been delayed. He’d been pushing Taehyung away for a long time, and it was inevitable for the other to notice and get tired of it. Jungkook’s lip trembled at the memory and guilt, and he used his sleeve to dab at his eyes, which were close to overflowing.

Right before walking on to the music video set, a makeup artist saw him and shrieked.

“Your makeup!” she exclaimed. Other artists rushed over.

“Oh, it’s hideous!” said another, eyebrows creased. He immediately retrieved tools and supplies and started working on his face again, along with others.

“What’s wrong, Jungkook? Have you been crying?” asked one. The manager turned at this.

Jungkook felt his lip quiver again, and he started sobbing like a six year old who's candy had been taken.

The artists all fussed over him and tried to calm him, even some other staff members coming in and rubbing his back or offering tissues. No one could help him, though.

---

The thousands of screaming fans in the audience had always renewed his energy. He smiled widely and started his song. He easily forgot about everything that had been happening. Knowing there were more at home or somewhere else watching him on TV also strengthened his confidence. Even more people than were seeing him in person. He had lots of support, and it lifted him.

I wonder if Taehyung's watching me.

And he plummeted in that instant.

He's not, you idiot. Just focus for your fans. They love you, and you have to work hard for them.

But Jungkook couldn’t focus on the song any longer. His voice broke, and the lyrics vanished from his memory. Tears filled his eyes, and he struggled to keep them from escaping. He stopped dancing. Fans gasped and screamed.

Someone at the front shouted, “Jungkook! Did you break up with Sana? We will support you!”

Jungkook resisted the urge to punch the girl in the face and his anger brought back his memory. He ignored the fan and began to sing again, the sadness out of his voice. But it only took three more songs for Jungkook’s mind to return to Taehyung. He was singing a slow love song, one that hadn’t been written by him, but reminded him of Taehyung anyway. This time, tears escaped, and he couldn’t take it any longer. It was the last song of the concert. He walked off the stage, surpassing confused staff members that tried to get him back on. He locked himself in his dressing room and ignored the people banging on the door and yelling for him.

The light filtering through between the blinds landed exactly where Hoseok’s eyes were, and he was getting increasingly annoyed.

“Hey! Someone needs to properly cover the windows!” he yelled out into space, waiting for someone to solve his problem.

Someone did.

They laughed, and their familiar voice woke Hoseok up completely, causing him to sit up in a flash.

“Yoongi???” he shouted. Yoongi turned from the window, and Hoseok noticed he was in an unfamiliar room. “Why are you here? Why am I here? Where am I?” Hoseok looked down. “OH MY GOD WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES? WHAT DID WE DO LAST NIGHT???”

Yoongi laughed and stepped over to the bed, where Hoseok was trying to cover himself up with the sheets. “Nothing. Don’t you remember? You fell into the pool and almost drowned. We managed to get you out, but you were pretty much passed out. You were conscious enough for me to lead you upstairs for you to shower and dry off. But you passed out halfway through undressing. I’ve seriously never seen anyone so sleep deprived.”

“I have,” Hoseok said solemnly.

“Oh? Who? Someone I know?” Yoongi inquired.

“Yeah. You. You never sleep, but you manage to work okay. I need at least five hours, or I get really dysfunctional.”

Yoongi sheepishly rubbed his neck. “I sleep…” he said unconvincingly.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “No, you don’t. I may only see you during the day, but don’t think I don’t notice when I come in the morning and you’re still there, in the same clothes. I worry about you, Yoongi.”

Y

Please log in to read the full chapter