The Beginning, I Guess

Someone Worth Everything
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Everybody welcome... Jin!!!"  The talk show host announced the name, and that alone was enough to drive everyone in the audience crazy. Seokjin, better known by the shortened "Jin", walked onto the stage offering a smile and earning squeals from girls both there and at home watching on TV. He sat down on the seat as gracefully as one can sit down, and turned to the host.

"Welcome, Jin! We're so happy to have you."

Jin smiled again. "Oh, it is wonderful to be here. Thank you so much."

"Of course, of course. Well, let's talk about your new movie..."

Namjoon sipped his coffee, watching with amusement the world renowned pretty boy, Jin. A knock sounded on the door, and he placed the mug down.

"Come in."

His secretary walked in. "Hello, sir. Sorry to intrude, but someone is here to-"

Another person burst through the door. "Remember me?"

"Hoseok!" Namjoon headed over to the old friend, arms open for a hug. "It's been so long."

Hoseok smiled. "You look exactly the same. How are things?" He pulled out of the hug.

"Good, considering I'm now the CEO of one of the biggest technology companies in the world," Namjoon boasted.

"And then there's me."

"What are you doing nowadays? We haven't been in contact."

"I'm a dance choreographer at Big Hit."

"Really? Wow! We should catch up over a cup of coffee later. Are you just here to say hi?"

Hoseok nodded. "Yeah. I was in town and heard that you work here. Sorry I didn't call. I tried, but I guess you've gotten a new phone since I last saw you in high school."

"Yeah. That was, what, seven years ago?"

"Oh, speaking of high school, isn't that Kim Seokjin?" Hoseok turned Namjoon's attention back to the TV.

"Oh, yeah. I guess he's the world’s new it-guy."

"Makes sense. He's always been good at capturing hearts. Anyway, sorry to bother you. How about we trade numbers and meet up sometime later?"

The two handed their phones to one another and typed in their new numbers.

“Thanks for coming, Hoseok,” said Namjoon as Hoseok was starting to head out.

“Yeah, it was good seeing you!” replied Hoseok.

They waved one more time and Hoseok left.

Hoseok was walking down the hallway, heading towards the room he was supposed to meet GFriend in. He was distracted by his phone, looking at the latest news regarding Suga, his favorite rapper. Scratch that. Favorite artist. Suga had been the whole reason Hoseok joined Big Hit in the first place. He'd originally worked at SM, but soon found that it wasn't his style. He started looking for another company to join. People tried their hardest to acquire him, as he'd already gained a reputation for being extremely talented. Then Suga debuted. Hoseok's mind was made up like that. He didn't take into account that Suga didn't dance and wouldn't ever work with any choreographers, so only after he started work did he realize it. Despite that, he stayed with Big Hit, in love with the company before he knew it.

A shoulder bumping his drew Hoseok out of his thinking, and he looked up to apologize.

“Sorry, I wasn’t paying-” Oh my god. There he was, the one and only Suga. He was wearing a beanie over his blonde hair, a black sweatshirt, and ripped jeans. “...attention,” finished Hoseok, swallowing and trying his hardest not to be embarrassing.

Suga looked at him with a somewhat blank look, and Hoseok, knowing the rapper’s habit of easily getting annoyed, took this as a good sign and allowed himself to exhale a little. Hoseok stood there, starstruck, while Suga nodded curtly and kept walking down the hallway. Hoseok watched Suga’s back retreating and resisted the urge to fall to the ground. He would’ve spent more time to internally scold himself for not getting an autograph, but he remembered that he was supposed to be somewhere and willed his legs to work again.

---

The girls sat in a circle, panting and talking after hours of practice, while Hoseok sat against the opposite wall, back on his phone.

 

Hyojung [5:32]

Heeyyyyy

 

Hoseok [5:33]

Um, hi?

 

Hyojung [5:33]

I’m so bored.

 

Hoseok [5:35]

Aren’t you at work?

 

Hyojung [5:36]

No, we finished, and none of the members will go out with me, so now I’m just sitting here, alone, sad, and bored.

 

Hoseok [5:37]

for you.

 

Hyojung [5:37]

I hate you.

 

Hoseok [5:39]

I’ll go out with you later, after I get off work.

 

Hyojung [5:40]

Okk!

 

Hoseok looked up, and GFriend’s members had already started to pack away their belongings. He drank the last of the water in his bottle and waited as the girls left.

“Thanks, Hoseok!” said Yewon, heading out the door last. Hoseok smiled and waved. He stood and checked his phone. He was officially off work.

---

He waited at the table for five minutes before Hyojung finally made it.

“I thought you weren’t doing anything. Why are you late?”

“Dasom needed help! She got stuck in a dress.” Hoseok smiled, and Hyojung, known to the public as Hyorin, sat down across from him. “Thanks for coming to dinner with me.”

Hoseok shrugged. “What are friends for?” Hoseok had befriended the members of SISTAR when he joined Big Hit, but he was closest to Hyojung.

The two ate a dinner of pizza, talking mostly about odd topics that would worm their way into one of their heads.

"Hoseok!" Jungkook made his way over to his favorite choreographer's table. The girl sitting across from him turned, and he saw it was Hyorin.

"Hi, Jungkook!" she said, brightly. Jungkook felt his face heat up as it usually did when he talked to girls.

"H-hi," he stuttered.

Hoseok laughed. "Hey," he said.

Jungkook returned his attention back to Hoseok. "I just wanted to say 'hi' before leaving. I'll see you later, then."

Hoseok waved, and Jungkook exited the restaurant. On his way back to his car, someone stopped him and asked for a picture. He obliged, always happy to do what he could to please fans. She giggled shyly before running off, and Jungkook co

Please log in to read the full chapter