or so I thought

Seven Days

True to his promise Sungjong’s shift doubled. He worked from three till nine in evening. Wednesday passed by without a glitch. He met Dongwoo, a friendly staff with the same shift as Woohyun and they instantly become friends. Myungsoo on the other hand was insistent on picking him up and they even agreed that Sungjong will send an email the moment he’s done with work.

“Hyung you live near here too?” Sungjong asked as he and Dongwoo stepped out of the store as their shift ended and Sungjong was killing time until Myungsoo arrives. Just like in Woohyun, Sungjong find it amazing to have found someone else who can tell their life story in the span of three hours after meeting the person for the first time.

“Ah yes, I live with my partner nearby. After work my work we go home together” Dongwoo smiled.

“I see. Must be nice living with the person you like” Sungjong sighed, “I’m still as loveless as I am now as am I am back in high school” LOL

“Haha, don’t worry. It’ll arrive sooner than you think. Just hang in there” the older friend patted his junior’s head with a cliché advice.

“Hey! I’m here!” Myungsoo called out from the other side of the street, he waved his hand to get Sungjong’s attention.

“Who’s that?” that was fast Dongwoo though was he was caught off guard by the moment. It was way too perfect.

“He’s my roommate” Sungjong said casually waving back.

“Oh, I see” Dongwoo nodded.

“Did I arrive just in time?” Myungsoo asked after the lights turned green and he was able to cross the pedestrian.

“Yup perfect timing actually” Dongwoo grinned as he offers his hand, “I’m Dongwoo. I work in the night shift here at the store. Nice to meet you”

“Myungsoo, we’re friends. Pleasure to meet you” the younger boy smiled taking the handshake. “Shall we get going?” Myungsoo said to Sungjong.

“But hyung’s ride isn’t here yet” Sungjong look at his roommate.

“Don’t worry. It’ll arrive soon. You two should go home, dorms have curfew right? I’ll be fine” Dongwoo reassured.

“You sure hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“Sure. Go now you two” Dongwoo teasingly pushed them away.

“Okay thanks hyung. Bye, see you tomorrow then”

“See you.”

Myungsoo and Sungjong started to walk away when the younger boy looked back to check at his new friend. He saw a purple motorbike slowed down to a halt in front of his co-worker, then guy wearing a purple shirt took off his helmet and to Sungjong’s surprise he saw them kissed each other.

The younger boy’s eye widen in the completely unexpected moment. He quickly paced up walking to Myungsoo. Did his co-worker said that it’s his partner that’s picking him up? Then that guy would be?

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked his roommate seeing him to be unusually quiet.

“Uh, yeah. I’m good” Sungjong said looking down as he speak.

“Are you sure?” Myungsoo stops in the middle of the street, lift’s Sungjong’s face to look at him, then he put his palm on the latter’s forehead to check the temperature and compared it to his.

Sungjong was too surprised by the sudden gesture that it rendered him speechless. What guy on earth would do such an embarrassing thing in the middle of the street and not to tell to another guy too?!

“Honestly…” Myungsoo started as he took his hand away, “I don’t know if you have a fever or not. I can’t even tell if you’re hot or I’m cold, or if it’s you that’s cold or I’m the one’s that hot.” ^_______^

“Then why do such thing in the first place! !” Sungjong kicked Myungsoo on the leg and angrily stormed off. If seeing his co-worker kissing a guy on the motorbike made Sungjong’s blood came rushing to his cheeks, Myungsoo’s idiotic gestures is not only making his blood rush to a blush but making his heart strained as well.

“Hey! Wait for me! Okay we’re both hot?! Yah Lee Sungjong!” Myungsoo laughed chasing after his roommate.

That night Sungjong lay awake on his bed, the AC was blasting like a freezer but with such a big kahuna sleeping beside him he felt like ice melting.

If things goes on like this. It’s pretty safe to say that I’m the one who’s getting anaemia, not this guy. Sungjong helplessly thought trying to fall asleep. “And the last thing I want is trouble”

Thursday was the same as usual, even though Sungjong still felt a little bit awkward after seeing the kiss but other than everything’s fine.

Friday came and Sungjong worked the same double shift. He and Myungsoo talked about eating out on the new burger joint that opened nearby so the moment his shift ended he sent an email to his roommate.

“He’s not here yet?” Dongwoo asked seeing his junior standing on the cold outside,

“Ah, hyung I thought you went out the back door”

“Nah, I just went to the storage room to check if we still have cup noodles in stock” Dongwoo replied.

“Oh right I forgot you’re our new manager, manager, you’re boyfriend picking you up today too?” the younger boy teased his senior for the promotion yet unaware if his words. Dongwoo has yet to him tell about the nature of his relationship with the purple shirt guy.

“Huh? How… You knew?” Sungjong’s co-worker looked surprised and troubled at the same time.

“The other day I saw you two…” Sungjong felt embarrassed saying he saw them kissed instead he claimed to see them sped away on a motorbike.

“Oh, you saw us. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you about it” Dongwoo quietly said, his cheerfulness fading away. “But it’s not that I’m hiding it”

“Why are you apologizing?” Sungjong smiled, “You loved that person right? Why should you be ashamed of it? I’m not prejudice to anything”

Dongwoo did not say anything but there were tears in his eyes as he sighed in relief, “Thanks. We’ve been through a lot you know. You’re one of the few people who understand people like us. I was really happy I get to be friends with you”

“Haha, actually I’m quite surprised about myself too. I never really thought that I could be this understanding” Sungjong calmly explained. I have someone close like that too he thought inside.

“What are you saying, you’re a very caring person” Dongwoo said.

A purple motorbike stop in front of them and Dongwoo’s boyfriend alighted taking off his helmet, “You waited long?”

“No, you’re just in time” Dongwoo saying as he tried to brush off happy tears forming in his eyes. “I’d like you to meet my new found friend”

“Sungjong, this is Hoya” Dongwoo introduced the two.

“Hello, nice to meet you” Sungjong greeted with a handshake. “I’m Dongwoo-hyung’s junior at work.” Wow purple shirt again?

“Oh, nice too meet you too” for a moment Hoya’s eyes darted to his lover as if confused with the sudden friendly atmosphere.

“My boyfriend and are going out to dinner tonight” Dongwoo happily exclaimed surprising his own lover rather than Sungjong.

“Oi! Dongwoo! I’m happy you said that but are you sure you’re okay with it?!” Hoya almost whispered the words to his lover.

Sungjong couldn’t contain his laugh seeing the couple in front of him.

“I’m really jealous of you two being so lovey-dovey” Sungjong commented wiping the tears of laughing off his eyes, “Dongwoo-hyung, someone looked really happy when you said those words”

“Really?” Dongwoo asked innocently as he stared at his lover. “Are you happy?”

“Idiot, don’t asked me embarrassing things!” Hoya pretended to be angry but then seeing his lover’s worried eyes he can’t help but gave in, “of… of course I am.’

Sungjong felt getting smaller and smaller standing there in front of the couple. Somehow he even thought that they had forgotten that he was there. It’s his first time to actually a couple like this but the feeling was no less than the other couples he’d seen before, more like you can actually really feel a warm feeling coming from them. But seriously, this two idiot couple should go home already!

“Uhmm… Uhrmmm… forgetting someone here!” Sungjong cleared his throat trying to get the couple’s attention.

“Oh, I’m sorry” Dongwoo said trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Nah, ‘s fine but you two should get going.” Sungjong brushed off.

“If you’re free why don’t you come have dinner with us” Dongwoo invited. “Hoya and I are eating out tonight, what do you think?”

“Oh no, I’m good. Just enjoy your date. My friend’s picking me up” Sungjong said.

“Your roommate right? You two seemed close” Dongwoo was suggestive.

“Ha-ha, no. It’s not what you think. We’re just friends… somehow” Sungjong said rubbing the back of his neck. “Yeah, just friends”

“Oh, I see. Sorry” Dongwoo replied looking disappointed.

“Dongwoo, we should go” Hoya said sensing a delicate matter brooding over. “You sure you won’t join us kid?”

Kid? Is he talking to me? Sungjong thought, “Yes he’ll be here soon anyway. See yah”

“Ok then” the two couple got on the motorbike, waved goodbye at Sungjong and sped away.

The night slowly ticked away as Sungjong stood alone by the lamppost. Occasionally, he would glance at his watch and the empty street ahead but there was no sign of his roommate. This had never happened before, he took his phone and no new emails.

An hour and half passed by, the evening breeze had gotten colder and slowly seeps in through Sungjong’s thin clothes.

“One minute more, and I’ll go” Sungjong told himself as he counted, one thousand and one…one thousand and two….

Ten minutes later he was walking home alone. Their room was dark and empty when Sungjong arrives, he let his bag fall on the floor took off his shoes and went to open the window. He sat on the edge of the bed and look around. No message not even an email or a single call…

Sungjong was worried but somehow there’s something deep inside of him that feels irritated.

Sungjong’s POV

The next morning, I woke up alone in the room and my roommate was still missing in action.

Even though we’ve been friends, I know nothing about him outside of school. What he does on those days he went out and at times like this that he just disappeared without telling anyone. I don’t know his other friends I don’t know who I should call if anything happens.

I don’t want to let myself drown in my own thoughts and began to prepare to leave. It’s been two weekends that I wasn’t able to go home because of my school work and my sisters have been complaining about it. Maybe if I go home I’ll be able forget my worries, it’s not like my schedule only revolves around him anyways. I have my own life to and it’s just not him that I have to think about.

But would it kill him to call to tell me he’s fine? How did he sleep last night? What if he’s passed out on some dark alley and someone mugged him and left him out in the cold… did I heard that some mafia are kidnapping people for their organs? What if….

 

End of POV

“Oi, Yah! Lee Sungjong! You listening to me?” Woohyun grab his junior by the shoulder to get his attention but then Sungjong’s knees gave in and fell on the floor. “Oi! What happened are you al…right?”

Woohyun paused seeing the pale almost dead complexion of his friend and dark circles were looming beneath Sungjong’s eyes.

The latter took stare at his friend’s face as if recognizing it, “What the hell hyung? You almost scared the hell out ‘a me!” Sungjong’s voice was broke as if trembling.

“It’s because I’ve been calling you for like ages, you didn’t answer the door and even if I was afraid to open it I did! And you’re just standing at the foot of the bed staring at the window lost in thoughts again!” Woohyun scolded but he himself was getting nervous too.

“Sorry hyung. I was just thinking of something” Sungjong said slowly getting up.

“You know, recently you’re always getting lost in your own world. Sometimes I see you with that confused look in your face that I didn’t even know if I should ask about it. Is there something bothering you?” Woohyun talked.

“No it’s nothing. I’m fine” Sungjong brushed some imaginary dust off his pants. “well anyway when did you get back? How was your dad?”

“ah, just last night. I came rushing in to the hospital only to find out that my old man tripped on his foot getting out of his car and sprained his ankle. My mom panicked thinking he got into a car accident and called me on a whim.” Woohyun sighed.

“hahaha, well that’s better isn’t it?” Sungjong smiled. The kettle was whistling and he went to filled two cups with coffee, gave one to Woohyun before settling on the chair by the study table. “It’s good that he’s safe”

“I guess you’re right” remembering his dad’s beaming face talking to his friends in the hospital room. What sane hospital would even allow their patient to drink while being hospitalized anyway? But still seeing his dad alive and happily getting drunk is a much, much better image to see than what Woohyun had in mind.

“And as promised, here souvenirs sweet buns my mom made” Woohyun handed the box to his friend. “It’s homemade and I can guarantee on my ancestors they’re good! Ah it’s just your share, since I gave Myungsoo his last night when I ran into him near the station.’

“Eugh? Myungsoo? You saw him last night?” Sungjong asked.

“Ah yeah, he was on a hurry so I just shove the box on his hand. He was in a hurry, though I don’t know why. He was saying something about you but I didn’t get much from it since the taxi just sped away.

“What time was it?” Sungjong asked.

“About ten minutes to nine, just before that he was on the phone with someone” Woohyun explained. “Must be the friend.”

“Oh, I see.” Sungjong nodded his head. A friend? He was walking near the station, probably coming here to pick me up but then there’s a call and he drop everything and left… there’s probably only one person that can make him do that and that’s…

“How was Dongwoo-hyung?” Sungjong’s chain of thoughts were cut off by Woohyun.

“Ah, Dongwoo-hyung? He was promoted yesterday” Sungjong commented.

“Not that, I just thought that you two would really get along with each other”

“What do you mean hyung?” Sungjong’s brows knitted into a confused expression.

“Well, you two were new on this kind of thing and I thought Dongwoo-hyung might be able to give some advice” Woohyun smiled at his friend.

“New on what?” Sungjong took a long sip of his coffee.

“You know, you and Myungsoo in a relationship together” Woohyun could’ve sworn he didn’t know what was coming as Sungjong spluttered the coffee on his face.

“Who’s in a relationship with who!?! Are you insane?!!!” Sungjong stood up almost shouting his words in shock.

“hmmm, but you two we’re… you’re not?” Woohyun’s not convinced. “but you even brought the bed together, see?”

“That… that was just because it made the room more spacious nothing else!” Sungjong explaining with a deep flushed face.

“Oh, are you sure?” Woohyun asked Sungjong.

“Yes, besides he’s in love with someone else”

Woohyun looked at his friend’s expression looking for something that might give away. Then his face lit up in a shock and sorry state, “Hey, are you okay? I’m sorry I didn’t know it was like that at all. Sorry”

“It’s alright hyung. I’m fine with it” Sungjong smiled finally thinking his hyung had understand.

“No, I’m really sorry. All this time you have been in a one-sided love! Poor you, how long have you been suffering!” Woohyun was bawling like a kid as he hugged his friend. “Why didn’t you tell me? That idiot Myungsoo didn’t know what he was missing!!”

Sungjong was way too stunned to do anything that he just stood with a profound shock expression in his eyes.

“What am I missing?” The topic appeared by the door with questioning look.

“You mean jock you! Don’t go around… Mfff. Humnffff!!” Sungjong immediately covered his hyung’s mouth with his hand to silence him.

“Hyung shut up! You’re too loud and it’s only eight in the morning!” Sungjong hissed giving his hyung a look saying to keep quiet.

Woohyun wink as he gave the “ok sign. Again Sungjong shook his head realizing there’s no helping Woohyun from misunderstanding the situation.

“Hey, you two were talking about me right?” Myungsoo said.

“Why would we? We don’t even want to talk to you! Ne, Jongie am I right?” Woohyun blurted out like a baby seal making the situation even more awkward.

“Jongie?” Myungsoo asked as he stared at Sungjong asking why.

“Why? Will anyone get jealous I call him Jongie? Huh? Jongie is cute and…” Sungjong hit his hyung on the head as a final blow.

“Hyung! You’re really annoying! Stop teasing me!” Sungjong dragged his hyung out of the room and slammed the door behind them.

“Sorry, sorry! Really I just panicked a bit I didn’t mean to make things like that” Woohyun was pleading in whispers as he kneeled down before his junior for forgiveness.

“Hyung stand up, it’s embarrassing.” Sungjong didn’t know why he was whispering too but at this point he can’t explain everything to Woohyun. “Just promise me you won’t tell anyone about anything okay?”

“Promise I won’t, I swear on my ancestors name on it”

“Just leave already” Sungjong said. What the hell am I doing?

“Okay, but remember you can talk to me anytime okay?” Woohyun smiled and left. For once he actually sounded more like a hyung and a dongsaeng in their conversation.

Well now, how am I supposed to get back in there? Sungjong thought as he stood outside the door.

 

...................................................................................IDEviant............................................................................................

We all have that friend who gives meaning and misunderstands everything hahaha. Woohyun!!  

 

 

Mondays are killing me!!

Hi guys, I know you all understand the life of being a student, and my brain seemed to have overload with all the subjects that I'm taking so please forgive me if I might update at least one chapter per week starting next week. But today I will make sure that you will have a long read xD