Two Stories and the Inbetween

Seven Days

For the rest of class Sungjong couldnt wipe the smile off his face. he would from time to time glance at his phone and quietly laugh to himself.

 

Sungjong:

`Stop bothering me, I have class right now! (insert angry emoticon)

 

Myungsoo:

*T^T

 

Sungjong:

Don’t you have class?

 

Myungsoo:

No, I’m going on my part-time right now.

 

Myungsoo:

*sends in a photo of a blue sky dotted with cotton candy shaped clouds.***

 

Sungjong:

What’s that?

 

Myungsoo:

Nothing, I just thought it would be nice if you could see it too. ^_^  

Do you like it?

It would be nice if we can go somewhere quite and just look at the stars.

 

Sungjong:

Yeah it’s nice.  

 

Myungsoo:

You think so? Great! ^o^ how about a night trip on a beach?

The night sky’s pretty and we can have bonfire.

We can go this weekend.

 

Sungjong:

Wait. What? What are you talking about?

 

Myungsoo:

Euh? Didn’t you agree on a trip with me just awhile ago?

 

Sungjong:

What? No! I was talking about the photo.

Myungsoo:

What? Aww T.T

 

Sungjong:

I’m busy with my project. Gotta go, I don’t want to

Borrow notes from others.

Myungsoo:

I’ll pick you up later after school, okay?

Just wait for me at the bench from this morning if

 your class ends up early but I’ll probably be there before you^__^

Sungjong:

Let’s just meet somewhere convenient.

Myungsoo:

But I want to pick you up so we can walk together. ^^

Sungjong:

How about your work?

Myungsoo:

I came in early so I can leave early. Will you wait for me? ^_<

Sungjong:

What kind of face is that?

Myungsoo:

Nothing!(^_^)!

Wait for me okay?

Sungjong:

Do I have a choice?(*-_-*)

Myungsoo:

Nope. Kekeke

Sungjong:

Then why ask.

Jeez, see you later.

Myungsoo:

* sent a hugging emoticon

 

Sungjong did not opt to reply to his “boyfriend’s” message but a few moments later he found himself glancing at his phone.

 

What the hell am I doing!? The young boy muttered under trying to focus on the lesson but it’s a bit too late and all he can think about is Myungsoo. He had this goofy smile on the rest of the class and he keeps on looking at the wall clock hung above the board.

 

Augh. Is this how girls feel on their first date? I feel like I’m an idiot. There’s no way I’m excited…who am I kidding. Sungjong kept on scolding himself that he wasn’t even aware their class had finally ended moments ago.

 

“Hey, don’t you have somewhere you need to be?” Woohyun said, he was going out the door when he noticed his friend glued to the chair looking out the window.

 

“Ah, class is over?”

 

“ yeah, didn’t you heard the bell?”

 

“Oh shoot, I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t write any notes.” Sungjong slapped his forehead looking at his almost empty paper.

“ Sheesh, that’s what you get for being too excited on a date. It’s not like you two haven’t been on a a date before.” Woohyun said taking out his notebook, “ I’ll let your borrow my notes just drop’em later at the dorm okay?”

 

“Thanks hyung, you’re a lifesaver” Sungjong took the notebook and gave his hyung a quick hug before rushing out of the room.

 

“They grow up so fast huh? I feel like a mom finally agreeing to my daughter dating”

 

Sungjong was almost running through the school corridors but stops at a corner before their meeting place to compose himself. He took a few deep breathes and starts to walk in his usual pace. The bench was empty when Sungjong arrived he tried to look around but there was no sign of Myungsoo. He checked the time and if there’s any new message on his phone but nothing.

  The young boy resigned to sit on the bench, there are only a handful of students since most classes had ended awhile ago.

Should I send him a message? … No way, it would really seem like I’m looking forward to out date… I mean meeting. Sungjong was getting anxious and busied himself looking at the pebbled tone path just few steps away from him.

“Where is he?” the latter wasn’t even aware he’s thinking out loud.

 

“You know, your worried face is cute too.” from behind Myungsoo appeared carrying a small bouquet of flowers, “ I didn’t know what to get since I realized I didn’t know what you like and dislike but I hope you won’t punch me for giving you flowers.” the older boy flashed a warm smile on his face waiting for his partner to accept the flowers.

 

“ I wouldn’t punch you for the flowers” Sungjong smiled back taking the flowers but then he slight hit his “boyfriend” enough to sting the former on the shoulder.

 

“What was that for? I thought you won’t punch me.”

 

“I said I wouldn’t punch you for the flowers, I hit you for being late” the young boy turns to walk away. He doesn’t want the other to see the smile he can’t wipe off his face, he even hid his lips on the bouquet.

“I came here first, I just hid on the tree behind you to surprised you.” Myungsoo whined but he was walking in a matched pace with his “boyfriend:.

 

“ then that’s what you get for surprising me. Let’s go I’m hungry” Sungjong quickened his steps so Myungsoo couldn’t see his face. God knows if the latter can his expression Myungsoo would definitely found out about his feelings.  

 

“Hey wait for me!” Myungsoo called out as he runs after his partner.

 

With the older boy being insistent on having dinner outside Myungsoo brought Sungjong in a simple restaurant upon the younger boy’s request. They settled on the far corner of the room and a waiter took their orders.

“ We could’ve just brought food or cook at the house.” Sungjong commented when they were alone.

“ I know but for once I wanted to eat out with you, we’ve never done that even back then.” Myungsoo smiled, “ though the best dinner I had so far was in a rooftop.”

 

“You still remember that?” Sungjong asked.

 

“ Sure, I do. From then on you never fail surprise me with your personality.” the older guy looked at Sungjong, “ it’s one of the things I like about you.”

 

“ So you think I’m a clown now?” Sungjong raised a brow.

 

“ No haha” the older boy smirk at his “boyfriend”. “ but if you are, then you would have been the cutest clown there is.”

 

“ And I’m suppose to take that as a compliment?” The younger boy ain’t playing but a small indefinite smile was forming on the corner of his lips.

 

“That’s suppose to make your heart flutter”

 

“ Well, I guess you should try harder next time.” Sungjong said getting up, “ excuse I need to go to the restroom.”

 

“Aww, come on” Myungsoo laughed as he shook his head, “ don’t be gone too long”

 

As soon as Sungjong located the restroom he went inside a cubicle and banged his head on the wall.

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Be still you stupid heart! I’m gonna rip ya out if ya don’t quit being so jumpy all the time!!! The young boy cursed his left chest under his breath.

 

Arrghhh! Why does he have to say things like that. It’s getting my hopes up even though I knew I shouldn’t. Sungjong was used to Myungsoo’s skinship but today the older boy was was extra annoying. Opening the door for him and even tried to help him with the chair when they were about to sit.

 

is he trying to kill me?

Gathering up his sanity Sungjong took a few deep breathes, check himself just in case he’s blushing on the mirror before coming back to their table.

Just think of this as a normal dinner, nothing more.

 Dinner with a friend.

Just act yourself and try to enjoy.

 

However as soon as Sungjong came back to their table he knew something’s wrong. Myungsoo was on his phone with a deep worried expression painted across his face.

 

“What’s wrong?” the young boy had this gut feeling that’s soon enough he’s going to regret he asked.

 

“ A bar called me with Sungyeol’s phone. Apparently he drank too much and got into a fight, they called me if I could take him” the older boy said looking restless.

 

 

 

............................................................................IDeviant...........................................................................

 

Author’s note:

*** in Myungsoo’s Instagram account he posted a photo on August 27th of the last year. This was the same photo image used in this chapter.  Check them out if you have time. I plan to use the photos in Myungsoo's IG.

 

Hi guys, time and time I've broken my promise but still thank you for hanging in there. I have so many things to do sometimes I get lost in the middle of it all.  I'm always happy reading your comments somehow it helps as a litttle pick me up ^__^