Setting Things Right Part II

Seven Days

 

“Hyung what happened back there?” Chanyeol asked Woohyun as they walked back to their class, “ why do you have to punch him like that?”

 

“ that bastard deserves more than that, he’s his boyfriend he should know how important this competition is to Sungjong. He should be taking care of him.” Woohyun said.

 

“ What really happened hyung?” Baekhyun who had been quite the whole time finally asked.

 

“ yeah, I think punching him is an overkill.” Chanyeol nonchalantly added.

 

“it’s nothing, I just blew a fuse”

 

“ but you don’t just blew a fuse over you friend having a cold right?”  

 

Woohyun took a hesitation ten turned to look at his friends, “ I think, he’s cheating on Sungjong.”

 

The two stood dumbstruck looking at their friend thinking Woohyun might just pass it as a joke but the latter’s expression did not change.

 

“ wait what? No way! You must be kidding right?!” Chanyeol tried to laughed it off.

“ Are sure hyung?” Baekhyun carefully asked.

Woohyun sighed, “ I saw Myungsoo with someone else in the hospital…”

“ but maybe it’s just his friend he’s helping.” Baekhyun added.

“ would you held hands with your friends? Would you insists yourself to stay in someone else’s house where you can’t even give your boyfriend a call to check up on him?” Woohyun said, “ I heard him, I thought it’s strange. Lately the two of them haven’t been together like they used to. And when they do it’s like they’re something going on with them that even our friend couldn’t tell. I mean, for da** sake why are you busy with someone else when your boyfriend is out here working to death just so could Sungjong could save enough money to..” Woohyun could feel his blood rising again.

   

 

“ Ei, Ei Woohyun-hyung relax. What are you doing in a hospital anyways?” Chanyeol took the signal from Baekhyun and changed the subject.

 

“euh? Ah… I’m visiting a friend” Woohyun replied cooling down. Back then He was walking at a secluded parking lot at the back of the hospital when he spotted a Myungsoo coming out of the elevator. He was about to greet him when he saw that the younger boy was with someone.

 

The other person wearing a hood and a mask he can’t make out who it was.

 

By instinct, Woohyun immediately hid himself seeing Myungsoo holding the other person.

 

“ I can go home on my own” the voice belonged to the other person but he couldn’t clearly make out the voice.

 

“ Don’t be stubborn, I’ll be staying with you tonight” Myungsoo answered.

 

“ yeah? Shouldn’t you go home to that person.” the voice was a bit weak but Woohyun could still piece the words together.

 

“ I told you we’re not like that. I’ll stay with you tonight” Sungjong’s boyfriend said not letting go of the other person’s hand.

 

A car pulled before the two and Myungsoo opened the door and the two got in

 

Woohyun looked bothered went out by his hiding spot. He could clearly see how Myungsoo did not let go of the person’s hand even when they went inside the car.

 

*end of flashback  

 

 I tried to give him a benefit of a doubt but I exploded when Sungjong probably waited for him to come home last night and end up sleeping late.”

 

“ What do we do now? Should we tell Sungjong?” Chanyeol asked getting worried.

 

“ how about we beat the crap out of that wuss until he tells us the truth…” Baekhyun’s words isn’t asking, he looked furious.

 

“ ‘ey, now relax. Woohyun-hyung said he still doesn’t know if it’s true or not. Why don’t you calm down, okay?” Chanyeol’s defense reflex activated and he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist. One of the things that Chanyeol had realized about his friends that they’re like ticking time bombs. and there’s no stopping them once they go beast mode.

 

“ Chan’s right, for now, let’s just stay quiet and let them solve their problems. Couples fight all the time.” Woohyun said as they arrived in class.

 

“ The door opened and the school nurse came in.

 

“ I reckon you must be Kim Myungsoo?” the nurse asked. Myungsoo had a questioning look on his face but nod as a respond.

 

“ you know, you shouldn’t worry a person too much” the school nurse said, “ but for now I have to ask you to go back to your class Mr. Kim. Mister Lee has to take a rest and in the afternoon if he’s still not feeling well I’ll have you go to a hospital for a check-up, okay?”

 

“ I’ll stay here, “ Myungsoo insisted without budging from his position.

 

“  I understand your sentiments Mr. Kim, but if you don’t go out now I’ll have you kicked out of this room. I’m task to attend sick patients, you can go visit him after our class.”

 

“but he needed…”

 

“ Myungsoo just leave, I’ll sleep most of the times anyway and there’s nothing for you to do here. We’ll talk once we get back to the flat” Sungjong finally spoke.

 

“ I’ll come as soon as classes are finished.” Myungsoo took the younger boy’s hand but Sungjong slowly pulled his hand away.

 

“You should go”

 

Myungsoo felt a sudden chill on his body, he took a moment to gather himself and walked to the door.

 

“ Did I come at a bad time? You two were talking.” The school nurse asked when the door closed to the infirmary.

“ it’s fine hyung, I was going to say something I might’ have regretted if you didn’t walk in.” Sungjong replied, “ anyways how long have you been the school nurse here?”

“ Hmm… about more than a month now. This is the new infirmary and since one of the school nurse went on a maternity leave I took the chance and applied*.”
“ Hyung, could you… keep this from from sisters. I know that noona would be asking you if she knew you’re working here”

“She would be asking but you’re safe. I’ll keep my mouth shut if you took the day off and rest.” the school nurse smiled at his patient.

“ thanks hyung” Sungjong smiled back.

“ Go to have some rest now. If you wake up later and needed me I’ll leave my number on the table. I have a health with the engineering department in a short while”

 

When Sungjong woke up from his sleep four hours had passed, a note next to his phone was on the table with a number indicated he was by himself in the infirmary. He looked around and found his coat lying on an empty chair next to him.

He felt a bit better his temperature had dropped and his dizziness is almost gone but Sungjong’s stomach was grumbling. He remembers not eating anything since last night and now he’s starving. Sungjong reached for his phone and coat, he briefly fixed his bed and left a reply note in case someone will go looking for him.

 Right across their school a food truck parked itself and set up some tables and chairs under the shade of trees. The young architect ordered his food took his wallet and paid the food truck then stuffed the purse in one of his pockets when he felt something else was in there.

It was a crumpled paper he recalled he picked up from when he visited the hospital.

“ Order for number 13! Order for number 13!” the food truck sounded the bell to signal his order.

Momentarily, Sungjong focused on his food. He ignored the paper in front of him, the noise of cars drowned in the background, nobody existed, he didn’t think about what happened last night frankly he doesn’t have the strength to think about all that is happening.  

When he finally finished the rumbling in his stomach has ceased, his trembling hands had steadied and he can think clearly. He picked up the paper in front of him and opened it up.

Sungjong recognized a familiar logo of a prestigious hospital but as he read on he felt his blood run cold. 

 

............................................................IDeviant.........................................................................

well after such a long haul here I am again. A surgery, three funerals, and an attack of allergy but still alive! I can't say the past month had been really good but it's not that bad either....? 

took me sometime to write this chapter but i glad i finished it. hope you enjoy 

Story Trivia: 

apparently schools don't have "school doctors" they usually have school nurses. I haven't been into our school clinic  (ever) but  I recall we do have a school nurse and a dentist. 

Since their school is quite big I decided to have two school nurses. The new ( unknown) school nurse is actually one of Sungjong's sister classmate and friend.