As a Side Character

Different Doors NCT Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation of 'The Usual love Story'

Renjun sat in the corner of the kitchen counter, enjoying the breakfast his uncle, Sicheng had left him before going off to work. He sliced the omelet into smaller pieces, then mixing his hot steamy tea with a spoon full of sugar.

"Another day to a new start." He whispered to himself confidentially.

Suddenly, the front door burst opened. It creaked so loud that Renjun flew off his seat and the tea cup on the hard stone counter wobbled. Who would be coming in at this time?

Chenle, his uncle's cousin and his friend stormed inside the kitchen with his best friend Jisung. The blonde's head looked like it was going to explode as he could see the grey smoke steaming out from his ears. His hands were out of control, as if he was going to punch up a few baddies on the loose.

"He-"

"Don't hey me!" Chenle shouted at the red head. "Wow, so now you're just gonna act natural after what you've done!"

The younger Chinese male charged for Renjun, picking him up by the collar of his uniform from his seat. "How dare you! Don't you know how upset Jaemin is right now?"

He then pushed him against the nearest wall. They were now head to head as Chenle stared at him like he was a killer. Renjun didn't understand what was happening and tried pushing the younger off. He couldn't feel himself breath properly, trying his best to huff in for air. 

Chenle gritted his teeth. "Tell me! Tell me why you're stealing Jeno from his own boyfriend!"

"Wha-"

"Chenle stop!" Shouted Jisung, who was trying to grab his best friend away from the older.

Renjun tried freeing himself, kicking his legs off. "G-get off m-me, I c-can't-"

A loud crash then echoed throughout the house. The two foreigners gasped on what they could see. Renjun accidentally kicked Jisung, making him collide with the hard kitchen counter. The Korean lad was on the hard floor, looking very unconscious. His arms were let loose on the side of his droopy body, all weak and hurt.

Chenle at last let go off him, rushing all the way to the helpless boy.

"Jisung, are you okay?" He asked, voice turned all soft and sweet. 

'Why can't he talk to me like that?'

They two can hear a small answer form the youngest, whispering  a silent 'I'm fine'. But that wasn't enough for Chenle.

"Now you're hurting my other best friend, what's wrong with you?" Chenle screeched, sending deadly glares at Renjun.

"I-I didn't mean to-"

"You're a monster!" He screamed.

From that one word, he froze. His heart crumbled away slowly as he realized on what he had done. He quickly scanned the room for his red backpack and sprinted out of the house, tripping down the small stairs. He felt tears trying to leak out, but he couldn't cry now. Not in public.

 

 

"Oh my god, he's the one trying to steal Jeno away from Jaemin."

"He doesn't even belong here, look at him!"

Renjun stared at his feet, briskly walking to his classroom. He was tired. Running from his uncle's apartment to school in four minutes should be a new record listed for him. The students gossiping around him didn't help at all. Their whispers seemed like an evil spell casting on him as if he was a wicked witch invading their school. He tried to just shrug off his shoulders because he knew that it wasn't true, but it seemed like anywhere he goes, the chitchat just gets more and more louder.

He needed to find Jeno and tell him they should stop their plan.

"Jeno, I need to tell you something!" Renjun barrage through the door of class 10b. There sat Jeno at the corner, notebook in hand with a bright smile as soon as he saw the other male.

"Renjun I have another idea-"

"No stop! We can't continue this! Just forget it, Chenle will never like me back!" He screamed, snatching the book away from his friend.

Jeno's mouth fell opened, "You want to give up on our promise? B-but why?"

His hand gritted on the book, nails digging deeply into the covers. His eyes felt like it was going to pop out, too much tears were held back. He whimpered, falling on to his knees. 

"He will ne-ver like me, he even ca-called me a monster! Didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter