Kiss

Why Does The Sun Shine?

It's almost 7:17 PM and we're coming to IDOT Café. We set at 7:30 PM, so we're not late yet.

 

As soon as we arrived and opened the café door, we saw Wheein and Hwasa in the back. Both were very casual – that's great, because I didn’t dress up too much. Wheein was wearing a yellow cold sweater with a turtleneck, jeans and blue tennis shoes with white laces; Hwasa was wearing a black sweater, torn jeans, and black sneakers. Apparently, Moonbyul had not arrived yet.

 

"Here, Unnies!" Wheein waved at us.

 

We walked to where they were. Hwasa and Wheein sat side by side. Wheein gestured for my sister to sit on the edge of the table, according to her, my sister was the important figure of the night, so she should sit there.

 

After a few minutes of conversation, I realized that it was almost 8:00 PM and Moonbyul hadn’t arrived yet. Curious, I decided to ask.

 

"Where's Moonbyul? Won’t she be able to come?" I asked looking at the girls.

 

"She's coming, Yongsun Unnie. She said she was going to be a little late." Hwasa replied.

 

"I'm smelling interest…? She also turned to be your crush, huh?" Wheein said in a wry tone, but that made me blush anyway.

 

"Hmmm... so that’s why you wanted to come soon, Yong?" My sister also said joining in. Holy Shh, it seems that 'trolling Yongsun' has become a new hobby between them.

 

"N-No... it's just–" I was interrupted by a table-side presence who began to gasp.

 

"S-Sorry, I’m late. I-I had to go somewhere earlier and that’s why I was late." She had her head down and trying to catching her breath.

 

When she got up, I noticed the clothes she was wearing. Like, WOW! She was wearing black jeans, a white high-necked knit sweater, a dark blue jacket and black loafers. I stared at her as she regained her breath.

 

"Hmmmmmmm~" Hwasa grunted, raising her eyebrows repeatedly looking in my direction.

 

"Your jaw will get in the floor, Yonggie~" Yonghee said making me blush.

 

"Wow~ Solar Unnie is drooling over Byul Unnie~" Wheein said making me even more embarrassed.

 

Again... 'trolling Yongsun' came into action. I couldn’t say anything, just turned my gaze away from Moonbyul, trying to prevent her from seeing me as I was embarrassed.

 

"Oh, you don’t have to be like this, Yongsun." Byul said making me look at her, finishing with a wink (which this time worked) and sat next to me.

 

As soon as she sat down, she changed the subject, which made me relieved – they would stop making fun of me for some time and I would have time to recover.

 

"It took me a while because I was doing something that we planned for later." She chuckled and the girls returned with a lively laugh. Me and Yonghee wondered if we should ask what it was, but decided to keep quiet. We looked at each other and shrugged.

 

We kept chatting for about two hours. The girls prepared a red velvet cake for Yonghee. I had never tasted that flavor, so it really surprised me. I think I have a new favorite cake flavor now.

 

When it was 10:20 PM, my sister said we should leave. She thanked the girls and was already getting ready to get up and leave when Hwasa said something.

 

"Unnies, can you guys stay a little longer? We want to take you to a place. We have a farewell surprise. It’s the reason why Byul Unnie was late."

 

YongHee Unnie nodded and followed them.

 

We walked for a few minutes and arrived at a park. When we arrived, the girls led us to a big tree and we sat under it on the grass.

 

"Good, now let's have WheeSaByul fun~" Hwasa said taking the backpack that Moonbyul carried by opening it and taking some bottles of soju and beer.

 

"But you're under age, how–" My sister said being interrupted by Wheein.

 

"We have our ways, Yonghee Unnie ~ Kekekekeke."

 

"You really are interesting." My sister said giggling. I was just stunned by the situation. We are minors after all. I at least had never drunk before.

 

"Well, there's one more thing…" Moonbyul said, pulling out one of those lie-detectors from inside the backpack. That little thing I know, I've seen on TV. Seems the shock is quite powerful.

 

"Let's play to get to know each other better and have fun~" Hwasa said with a wicked grin.

 

"The game is this: we ask questions and anyone who lies, take electrocuted by the toy and have to drink a glass of soju or beer. What do you guys think?"

 

"Oooh, interesting. But you guys are actually bad influences, huh? Drinking so young. Yonggie has never drank before and she's older than you."

 

The three of them looked at me, clucked their tongues and shook their heads as reproachful that I had never drunk before.

 

"You need to learn to have more fun, Yongsun." Moonbyul said.

 

I was still and a little awkward. They were not totally wrong, I think I'm kinda dull. I like to follow the rules, so I never do anything crazy.

 

"Well, let's start then. How are we going to do it?" Yonghee said, taking the girls' attention.

 

"Hmmm... good question. How will we decide who will ask the questions and who will answer?" Hwasa said taking her hand up to her chin, seeming to put her brain to work.

 

A few seconds later, Wheein begins to talk excitedly.

                 

"Well, how about we use the bottle to decide who asks the question for whom? We can rotate it and we will know who will ask/answer the question."

 

Hwasa jumped on top of Wheein hugging her and kissing her cheek and shouting: "That's why I love you!" Wheein just smiled in response.

 

"Ewww, stop that. I told you not to do that sort of thing in front of me." Moonbyul said in a tone of disgust, but at the end she chuckled.

 

"You're jealous because you wanted to do this with your crush there." Hwasa said sarcastically, pointing at me. Of course I was embarrassed again. But they didn’t pay much attention because they wanted to start the game right away.

 

We sat in a circle, Wheein put the bottle in the center and turned it. The bottle stopped pointed at me, and on the other side was Hwasa, meaning she would ask me a question. I put the toy in my hand waiting for her to ask the question.

 

"Hmmmm..." she mumbled as she seemed to think about what to ask.

 

"Ah!" She exclaimed, seeming to have decided what to ask.

 

"Yongsun Unnie, are you erted?" She asked with a wicked laugh.

 

"N-N-No!" I replied without thinking too much, and I got electrocuted. I guess because I was nervous, the detector got confused thinking I was lying. After all, I'm not erted!!

 

The girls started to laugh, Yonghee Unnie made a dramatic face, as if to say 'I don’t believe my little sister is a ert monster'... I just bowed my head in shame. But it was not over, after all, besides getting electrocuted, had another punishment.

 

"Glass of beer or soju?" Hwasa asked.

 

"S-Soju." I said stuttering.

 

She filled the cup and gave it to me. I drank it in one gulp. Wow... I didn’t expect it to be that bad! It is bitter… firstly it seemed good, but after a while I felt my throat and stomach burning. So I ended up coughing at the unexpected effect of the drink.

 

The girls started laughing at my reaction, I thought it would be better not to react back, so they wouldn’t fool more. Suddenly Moonbyul patted my back asking if I was okay. I just smiled in response, she then smiled back.

 

Wheein turned the bottle again and this time it stopped in the direction of Unnie with Wheein on the other side.

 

I passed the lie detector to Yonghee Unnie and as soon as she placed her right hand, Wheein asked:

 

"YongHee Unnie, do you like anyone?"

 

My sister was surprised by the question, but then she returned to her normal expression and said: "No." The lights began to flicker and we heard the noise of her taking getting electrocuted and she tried to pretend she had not.

 

"Unnie! Do you like someone?! Why didn’t you ever tell me?!" I asked excitedly and feeling a little disappointed that she had never told me about it.

 

"Uuuuuuuuh~ Yonghee Unnie is in love with someone~" Wheein and Hwasa said at the same time with a malicious grin on their face. Byul just had a smile on her face.

 

"Well, it's someone from college. But he has already graduated and is living outside the country." My Unnie replied and I felt bad for her.

 

"Wow, what a pity Unnie. Do you want to talk a little about him to us?" Wheein said trying to get my sister to talk a little about her love affair.

 

"Well, he was a Sunbae from college, but we weren’t on the same course. He was in law course. I would always eat on the courtyard to watch him play basketball with the other boys. One day the ball came towards me and he greeted me with that wonderful smile that made me fall in love with him even more. Since that day, whenever he saw me after that, he would wave to greet me. I thought we were going to get closer, but it looks like he got a scholarship to study outside and I didn’t even introduce myself to him in the end. I bet he must already have a girlfriend now." Unnie said making me sad for her unilateral love story, I approached her and gave her a hug. She hugged me back.

 

"Wow... that's intense, Unnie. One-sided love is always sad. But from what you said, it seems he also had some interest, did not? Or was he just gentle on everyone?" Hwasa said in a soft tone, astonishing me. Since I never had listened that tone from her before.

 

"Well, JiHoon Oppa was kind to everyone, so I guess he was just being kind." My sister said and I released my embrace and sat down next to her.

 

"Wait– JiHoon? Law course? Exterior? Are you talking about Jung JiHoon?" Wheein asked almost on top of my sister, surprising us.

 

"Y-Yes... his name is Jung JiHoon." My sister said still surprised by Wheein's sudden approach.

 

"MY GOD! HOLY coincidence~ JiHoon Oppa is my cousin!! And Unnie, as far as I know, he's single. Auntie come to my home to talk to my mother about how JiHoon Oppa doesn’t get a girlfriend and how he only thinks about studying and all. Mom keeps calling me to talk about auntie who complains with her all the time."

 

After this Wheein, we kept talking about her cousin for a while and found out that he's studying in Canada, so my Unnie has a chance to meet him there.

 

 

They had a few more questions, but I don’t remember well... the only glass I had taken was already making me a little dizzy and sleepy. I was already seeing things a little murky, and I remember just listening to the deep laughter of the girls and Moonbyul screaming my name at some point.

 

 

I woke up and still listened to the girls' voices, still with my eyes closed I hit my pocket searching and pulled my cell phone, then I pressed the on/off button to see what time was. When I opened my eyes, I saw Moonbyul's face, and I even forgot to see the time. I got up quickly, which made me dizzy, then Moonbyul's hands pulled me to the position I was before – lying on her lap.

 

"You can lie down here, Yongsun. It looks like your resistance to alcohol is really low, huh?" She said in a slightly drawn voice, it seems she already had a little too much.

 

"YONGSUN UNNIE AGREED~ WOOHOO~ WILL YOU DRINK MORE, UNNIE?" Wheein shouted, clearly already very drunk.

 

"I think that's our cue, girls. Wheein drank too much, so we'd better go home." Hwasa said starting to clean the floor.

 

"Yonghee Unnie, sorry for this mess in the end... we will really miss you. I hope to see you again soon!" Hwasa said going towards Unnie and giving her a hug.

 

My Unnie seemed to be sentimental, tears were streaming down her face and she finally answered Hwasa returning the hug.

 

"I'll miss you too. You guys are still brats, but are really interesting. I hope you can take care of my little sister, she doesn’t really have friends. Please take care of her. I hope when all of you find out the truth, you’ll still be friends with her."

 

Wheein also went to hug her, but unlike Hwasa, she began to cry and shout: "YONGHEE UNNIE~ WE’LL MISS YOU! YOU ARE THE BEST UNNIE I GOT TO KNOW~~ I’LL MAKE SURE TO SEND MY COUSIN CONTACT TO YOU AND WE’LL BE OFFICIALY A FAMILY~ AND DON’T WORRY! WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YONGSUN UNNIE~ YOU CAN GO STUDY AND FLIRT MY COUSIN WITHOUT CONCERNS!"

 

Moonbyul and I started laughing at the way Wheein was talking. My Unnie also had a smile on her face.

 

Hwasa propped Wheein on her shoulder, said good-bye again, and left. Now it was just me, Unnie and Moonbyul.

 

"Come on, Yonggie. I think I drank too much and my flight is tomorrow in the afternoon."

 

"Yeah, Unnie…" I answered her and tried to stand up failing miserably. Moonbyul chuckled and stood up helping me to stand.

 

"Yonghee Unnie, you want help to carry Yongsun? I don’t think she's going to be able to walk." Moonbyul said to my sister.

 

"I would appreciate it if you could do that, Byul. I'm not in the best conditions myself. I’m not full drunk, but I don’t think I'd be able to carry her."

 

"No problem, Unnie. Do you live far away? "

 

"It's not too far, but it's past 00:00, so there's no bus. It should be around 30 minutes walking. Is it okay for you? I don’t have enough money to pay a taxi."

 

"It's all right. Maybe the walk will help me become more sober."

 

Soon after saying this, Moonbyul crouched in front of me, gesturing with her hand for me to climb onto her back. I really couldn’t walk home, so I accepted without complaint. Her back was so comfortable and warm. It was almost as comfortable as my own bed.

 

I settled on her back and muttered "thank you" and she smiled and said: "You're welcome, Unnie."

 

 

As we walked to my house (me on Byul’s back), my sister began to chat with Moonbyul.

 

"Do you guys always drink like that?" My sister asked.

 

"Well, it's not like we do it all the time... and we always have fun with Wheein driving us crazy when she’s drunk." Moonbyul answered my sister's question.

 

"Ahaha... you guys are really interesting." My sister giggled.

 

"Well, you two are too." Moonbyul paused and then shifted her tone a little more seriously. "Yonghee Unnie, why your sister doesn’t have friends? She is so beautiful, lively and fun. I cannot understand how she can’t have any friends."

 

"Well, it's a bit complicated. But one of the reasons is that she never went to school, so she had no chance to interact with other people at her age. Since she was little, she has always stayed in the house, and with that, she has acquired this shy personality. She may seem lively and fun, but she can’t take the first step interacting with someone, so she has never made friends before." I heard my sister answering and before I heard Moonbyul's response, I felt my consciousness fading away.

 

 

"Oh, we are here!" I regained consciousness with my sister's voice.

 

"Yongsun Unnie, we're here." I heard Moonbyul talking as he subtly moved her back to wake me.

 

"Oh..." I said unable to think what to say, I really didn’t want to let go of the heat on her back, I think it became one of my favorite places... yes, something like 'love at first sight', but for Moonbyul’s back.

 

As she crouched, I could get down without difficulty, my sister approached Moonbyul and gave her a hug and kiss in her cheeks.

 

"Remember the things we talked about, Byul-ah. Please fulfill the promise you made to me." That's what my sister said, making me curious about what she was talking about... but due to alcohol, soon the curiosity passed and what remained was a certain jealous... After all, she kissed Byul before me.

 

My sister was walking towards the door to open it and Moonbyul came up to me to help me walk to the door.

 

"Unnie, come on, I'll help you." That's what she said.

 

She took me by my arms and helped me up, I was still sitting on the floor, the way she left me when I left her back. She looked to see if the Yonghee Unnie had already managed to open the lock to help me get to the door, at which point I took advantage to bring my face closer to hers, after all, I also wanted to kiss her cheeks. But something unexpected happened, I was kinda slow ‘cause of soju shot, and when I was almost sticking my lips to her cheeks, she turned in my direction to say something: "Unnie, your sister already ope–" but our lips ended up meeting and cutting off the rest of her sentence.

 

I stood there for a few seconds until I realized what was happening...

 

I WAS KISSING MOONBYUL'S LIPS!

 

Her eyes widened in surprise, and as I emerged from the trance, I parted our lips and ran, staggering into the house without looking back.

 

I went straight to my bed, without taking a shower or changing clothes… and so ended my first hangover night.

 

======

 

Sorry about my delay~ 

I was in Winter Break from Uni~ I thought I would have more time... but I traveled... had some gatherings with family.. and it was too busy ;^;

Now I'm back to Uni~ it's already busy, but I'll try not to delay this much again ;^;

We'll have more MoonSun interactions from now on~