The Beginning

Why Does The Sun Shine?

It's 7:47 PM right now and I'm about to leave home with my Unnie.

 

Remember I said she gave me a keyboard and that we went out at night sometimes to play the keyboard and sing? So, we're going out together for that.

 

YongHee Unnie only has one more week before she travels abroad to start her master's degree... I probably will not see her for a long time. This actually made me very sad, but I can’t ask her to stay. I know she always dreamed about studying abroad and she didn’t went during her years at the University in consideration of me... for she knew that I would be left alone.

 

Actually, it was me who made her accept this master's degree abroad invitation... I went to her room to talk as usual, but she was taking a shower and then I went to play on her computer and I saw the invitation email for her to do her master degree in Canada.

 

When she left the bath she was surprised to see me on her computer. She soon started to say that it was nothing and that she didn’t intend to accept it, because she would not abandon me. I admit I was glad she thought that, but because I knew she really wanted to go, then I frowned and started arguing with her about not having to stay for me. After all, I'm already a grown up girl and even if I feel lonely, I would certainly feel worse later knowing that she abandoned her dream for me.

 

After the discussion, she said she was not going at all... so I decided to play hard and I told her I wouldn’t talk to her any more if she refused this invitation. Obviously she thought I was joking, but two, three, four, ten days passed and I continued my vow of silence. On the eleventh day, she finally decided to give in since she saw that I was serious.

 

Well, that was about three months ago. Now we decide to enjoy the maximum amount of time together, and since she works during the day, we can only spend some time together at night, it’s perfect since we can go out together. She said she would bringing me out every day of this last week, since she knows that without her, I certainly will not leave the house, she probably wants me to enjoy these last days to the fullest.

 

"Come on, dongsaeng. I already have the keyboard with me." Yongsun's thoughts were interrupted by YongHee calling her next to the door.

 

"Ah, Unnie... wait! I'm coming." The younger one bent down and tied the shoelaces from her all star. She was wearing a ripped black jeans and a white t-shirt with a denim jacket. Then she walked towards the door.

 

 

After a few minutes walking, they finally stopped near the subway station in a dimly lit place – but with enough light, and YongHee helped Yongsun mount the keyboard and plug it into an external battery they carried.

 

"Go ahead, Yonggie. I'm going to sit there in the corner." The older one said pointing in one direction and walking to the scene.

 

"O-Okay, Unnie." Yongsun said stuttering. Although she had been doing this for some time, she still didn’t get used to it. Usually she was so shy, but when she started to play her keyboard and sing, it seemed that someone else was taking care of her body, or that she was completely disconnected from her body... because she didn’t hear the voices around her, she simply felt the music running through her body and expressed through her fingers touching the keys of the keyboard and her vocal cords.

 

It had been half an hour since she was playing and singing, some people were sitting on the floor and others standing there admiring her and they didn’t fail to applaud her whenever a song ended.

 

While she paused to drink some water, one of the people watching said:

 

"Can I request a song?"

 

Yongsun looked at the person and seemed a little startled by the question. In months she was doing it, it was the first time someone asked a question directly to her. People usually just applauded or praised her for her technique on the keyboard and her voice.

 

"Y-Yes? W-Well... it depends if I know the song." The brunette said stuttering. YongHee who was still in the corner watching everything closely, giggled seeing her little sister awkwardly talking to some stranger.

 

"It's really an international song. 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston... I think that this song would be wonderful with your voice." The person said excitedly.

 

"A-Ah… yes. I know this song. It's actually one of my favorites, but I never sang it here... so, well, err... if I make some mistake or my pronunciation is not very good, forgive me." Yongsun said still stuttering but looking a little lively. She obviously didn’t say it, but this was a song she loved and always sang at home. YongHee grinned when she saw the excitement on her sister's face, as it is something she does not see often.

 

Yongsun drank one more gulp of her water bottle, took a deep breath, and positioned herself to begin.

 

 

If I should stay
I would only be in your way
So I'll go but I know I'll think of you
Every step of the way

 

And I will always love you
I will always love you
You, my darling you

 

 

People were impressed by the brunette's soft voice, and most of them closed their eyes, feeling the vibrations of the music.

 

 

Bitter sweet memories

That is all I'm taking with me

So goodbye, please, don't cry

We both know I'm not what you, you need

 

And I will always love you

I will always love you, oh

 

 

As she began to sing the chorus and her soft voice became powerful and steady, not tremble, steadily increasing her tone – and this was a song that several artists used to fail to sing.

 

People opened their eyes in amazement at the girl's powerful voice. Everyone knew her voice was good, but no one expected her to reach such a note.

 

The little girl was focused on the keyboard keys while singing with her soul.

 

Some people who were leaving the station began to crowd around her.

 

 

Three girls who were leaving the station saw people crowded and went to see what was happening.

 

As they approached, they heard an angelic voice singing in english.

 

"Wow, what a beautiful voice!" The dimpled girl said.

 

"Wow! For Rihanna’s sake! Really, her voice is wonderful." The short-haired one said.

 

"..." The silver-haired girl said nothing, just kept walking towards the voice that sounded like the sound of angels to her ears.

 

 

I hope life treats you kind

And I hope you'll have

All you've dreamed of

And I wished you joy

And happiness

But above all this, I wish you love

 

 

The brunette returned to her softer tone, many people still gawking at what they had just witnessed.

The three girls passed through the crowd and were now facing the brunette who was about to sing the chorus again.

 

And I will always love you

I will always love you

I will always love you

I will always love you

I will always love you

I, I will always love you, you

 

 

The dimple girl and the short-haired girl looked at each other, made an 'o' with their mouths and widened their eyes as they nodded their heads up and down in excitement.

The silver-haired girl looked bewitched. She smiled and continued to stare at the brunette who closed her eyes to sing the last part of the song.

 

Darling, I love you
I'll always
I'll always
Love you

 

 

As soon as the brunette finished the song, the people looked stunned and it took them a few seconds to realize that the song was over. Yongsun opened her eyes with a smile of satisfaction on her face for singing the song with her soul... but when she opened her eyes, she saw the look of astonishment that everyone seemed to be directing at her, that made her nervous, and she also noticed the three familiar figures that were in front.

 

She began to shake with nervousness, afraid that she had disappointed the person who made the request and by seeing so closely for the first time the three girls she was always watching from her window.

 

 

After a few seconds, everyone began to clap warmly, those seated stood up to clap, they began to scream and whistle to demonstrate how much they liked the brunette's performance.

 

The brunette bowed to thank them and blushed, turning red like a tomato.

 

The silver-haired girl laughed at the brunette's reaction.

 

"Cute." she murmured low with a giggle.

 

"What did you say, Byul Unnie?" Seems like it wasn’t so low, for the since the dimple girl heard that she had said something.

 

 

"N-Nothing. I just said she's GOOD." The silver haired girl, now identified as Byul said.

 

"Yeah..." said the short-haired girl with a small smile on her face.

 

"Shh! Stop it, Wheein and Hwasa! I really didn’t say anything more than that!" Byul said looking flustered.

 

 

As they talked to each other, people began to follow their path and the brunette was wrapping her things.

 

 

YongHee walked over to her sister and helped her.

 

 

Wheein looked at Hwasa and they both nodded their heads, seeming to agree to something. Then they positioned themselves close to Byul and grabbed her by her arm.

 

"Moonbyul unnie~ get ready to talk in person with your new crush!" Hwasa said with a wicked grin on her face.

 

"YAH! Let me go!" Moonbyul said trying to loosen her arms from the younger ones, but to no avail.

 

The two began to drag Moonbyul, approaching the brunette and her sister.

 

 

"Hello! My name is Wheein, this is Moonbyul…" She moved her head towards the older one. "And I'm Hyejin, but I'd rather be called Hwasa." The short-haired girl completed.

 

Yongsun turns and gets scared to see the three girls talking in front of her, but YongHee opens a smile when seeing an opportunity for her little sister to make some friends.

 

"Hello, my name is YongHee and this is my little sister Yongsun." The older brunette takes action before her little sister can say anything. “Go ahead and say something, Yonggie.”

 

"E-Err... it-it's a pleasure." Yongsun says, opening a clumsy smile blushing and looking towards the three girls.

 

Wheein and Hwasa were excited by the answer, and Moonbyul seems even more bewitched by Yongsun. Gosh, how can a creature be so cute? Getting embarrassed and stuttering like that! AAAAH ~ I wish I could squeeze that cheeks that looks so squish.

 

Wheein and Hwasa dropped Moonbyul's arms.

 

"Unnie! What a lack of good behaviour! Aren’t you going to say anything?" Wheein said pouting to the silver-haired girl.

 

"Ah! I'm sorry, I was stunned by your angelic voice." Byul said with a silly grin, making her nasal muscles visible. "Nice to meet you, Yongsun." She reaches out her hand to greet the younger brunette, who blushes again.

 

"Oh, and it's nice to meet you, too, YongHee ssi. And wow, you're very pretty." She reaches out her hand now to greet the older brunette who smiles in response and shakes her hand.

 

"Wooow~ already being in greasy mode, Byul Unnie?" Wheein said smiling.

 

"Tsk, I thought we’re going to make her embarrassed today, but she was able to make us awkward again." Hwasa says by snapping her tongue.

 

Moonbyul looked at both of them and shrugged her shoulders with a winning smile on her lips.

 

"Ahahaha... you guys are very funny and interesting." YongHee said. Yongsun was still flushed and looking down.

 

"Well, I really liked you guys... so I have a question." YongHee said looking at the three of them, who looked back at her, waiting for her question.

 

"Can you guys be friends with my introverted little sister here?" The older brunette said pointing to her sister who looked at her with a glare saying 'I'm going to kill you later for doing this.'