Chapter 2

Good Deeds Gone Bad

Chapter 2- Finding The Bug

 

“Thanks for the good time last night baby.”

 

A woman laid covered in bed sheets behind a dark haired man who only seemed interested in buttoning up his shirt. He didn’t respond to her comment, and instead got up to go put his pants on. The room was a mess with clothes, liquor, and money sprawled all over the floor. The man grabbed an unopened bottle of whiskey, and took a swig of it. “Sheesh. This is ,” he concluded tossing the drink onto the bed causing the girl to giggle. The sour face he made gave her amusement.

 

“Well it’s hotel liquor. What’d you expect?”

 

Again the man ignored the woman, and made a reach for his phone and keys lying on the TV stand.

 

The girl made a pout. “You’re leaving already? Can I at least get your number?” She asked with anticipation. She bit her lip watching him struggle to fit his thick thighs into his pants, and buckle up his pants.

 

“Keep the change.”

 

That’s all the man said as he closed the hotel door behind him. The sunlight coming through the windows blinded his sight for a few seconds, and he looked to his watch to see the time. 2:36 PM. Damn it’s later than I had hoped he thought annoyed. The phone in his pant pocket buzzed. He rolled his eyes, and ignored the notification. The lobby was full of respectable people wandering around the breakfast area. The man usually didn’t stay in a hotel for their morning food after a one night stand, but the smell of the food was enticing enough to cause his stomach to growl.

 

“Let’s see what crappy food they have today,” he announced pushing himself towards the smell.

 

He ended up with two small bowls of rice, and five side dishes as a result of his grumbling stomach wanting everything in his sight. But before he could take a bit of the hot food, his phone vibrated several times in a row once again.

 

“Aish. Can’t I eat in peace?!” He snapped aloud causing faces around him to turn in his direction. The man bowed his head several times apologetically before pulling out his phone to see what the the problem was.

 

Two Text Messages and Twelve Missed Calls

 

“Hey I need advice.” -8:45 AM from Annoying Little

“Nevermind. I already did the stupid thing.” -2:41 PM from Unknown Number

 

The man rubbed his forehead, and threw his head back. “Please don’t tell me it’s who I think it is,” the guy mumbled to himself before calling the number. The phone rang a few times before the line answered.

 

“You finally picked up! I’m dying over here Kookie~” The person whined through the phone. Jungkook moved the phone away from his ear due to the excessive noise in the background which sounded like yelling.

 

“Where are you? And what did you do this time Tae?” Jungkook questioned trying to keep his voice down since he was still attracting a few gazes.

 

“Kookie I need you to come save me~ I saw this really cool computer just sitting in someone's house--”

 

“Where it should be.” Jungkook interrupted.

 

“--And I thought, maybe Jin hyung would forgive for breaking his last computer if I got him a new one.”

 

“Idiot. That’s really what you are.”

 

“So I broke in obviously, and was about to leave smoothly with my prize in hand when-- BOOM! I saw they had a dog.”

 

“Oh no.”

 

“It was so cute~ I really wanted to just pet it, but then it bit me Kookie!~” Jungkook heard Taehyung whine through the line as if he was in pain.

 

“So I decided to wait until the owners of the cute dog got home so I could ask if their dog had its tetanus shot recently. I don’t want to get infected ya know?”

 

Jungkook sighed aloud to himself. “So are you telling me… that you’re in jail right now?”

 

“Yep. But it’s more like a holding cell. This police station really needs refurnishing done to it,” Taehyung informed Jungkook.

 

“Aish. What’s the bail amount set at-- Wait? How are you talking to me?” Jungkook questioned with confusion.

 

“Oh right. I pick pocketed one of the police officers on the way in. I’ve been watching them search the station for three hours now looking for it. My only form of amusement these past few hours… minus the lame games the cop has on his phone. Who the hell likes Candy Crushers?”

 

“Alright, text me the station name you’re at and the bail amount. I’ll head over there after I finish my food,” Jungkook told him while taking a bit out of his food finally.

 

“Oh and Kookie!” Tae shouted before he hung up.

 

“Yea? What’s up?”

 

“Bring me some food too~ I’m hungry.”

 

Jungkook shook his head, and hung up the phone.

 

 


 

 

Jungkook and Taehyung walked out of the station together leaving behind a few police officers shooting dagger glares at their backs. Jungkook ignored them, and looked over to his friend.

 

“How’s the food?” He asked watching Taehyung dig into some spicy chicken feet.

 

“Good as always,” Taehyung answered with a thumbs up.

 

Jungkook smiled to himself for the first time that day. As much as he tried to deny it, he enjoyed hanging out with his friends. They always brought him more enjoyment than any random woman could.

 

“Okay then. Time to pay me back for the favor then.” He looked over to his friend with a grin to which Taehyung sighed loudly in exhaustion.

 

“Fine. What’s the Golden Boy need now?”

 

“As much as I wish I could give you a personal request, this one is for the both of us.” Taehyung suddenly looked to Jungkook curiously. “Jimin gave us some info on a person we need to find and shake up a bit. You in Tae?”

 

A smirk danced onto his face watching his friend smile at him with enjoyment. “You already know the answer to that.”

 

 

Both of the men pulled up in front of an apartment duplex. “So the bastard lives in one of these houses?” Taehyung said blowing a raspberry. “This is gonna take a while.”

 

“Not unless you have a Suga,” Jungkook said smirking at Tae who returned it with a grinning nod.

 

Taehyung pulled out his cell phone, and quickly texted their grumpy hacker. It took a few minutes to get a response, but the wait was worth the info.

 

Section 5 room 401. Make sure to send me a pic of their after you two beat them to a pulp.

 

Taehyung laughed and showed Kookie the message. “Tell him patience is a virtue,” Jungkook said scoffing with a grin of pleasure.

 

“Like he cares,” Taehyung responded while getting out of the car. Jungkook made sure to lock the doors since the area seemed sketchy, and he grew up in the sketchy areas so he knew when he was looking at a dump.

 

Taehyung easily spotted the section where the apartment would be, and they hurried over to the place. Jungkook was carrying a swiss knife although he wasn’t planning on using it; Just to use it for a scare. But Taehyung always packed bigger. In his jacket’s side pocket was a side pistol fully loaded. He swore to Jungkook that he wouldn’t fire it at the person, but maybe at their wall.

 

The two reached the fourth floor, and found the room on their right. Loud music was coming from the inside, and several eviction notices had fallen onto the doormat. “Looks like someone’s having problems,” Taehyung pointed out as he kicked over the plant next to the balcony.

 

“Forget their problems. They tried to screw with us,” Jungkook said scoffing at the pathetic view of the outside of the room. “Shall we scare some kid now?”

 

“Was waiting for your word,” Taehyung deadpanned with a grin.

 

“Pizza delivery!” Jungkook shouted pounding on the door. No response.

 

“I said Pizza delivery!! Open the door, and pay already!” He shouted once more. Nothing came again. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung who just shrugged. They were about to kick down the poorly locked door when they heard a voice.

 

“Get the outta here. Nobody ordered a goddamn pizza,” a man yelled from the inside.

 

Taehyung laughed aloud. “Got’em.”

 

He kicked the door open, and waltzed into the place as if it was his. Jungkook followed closely behind in disgust as he looked around the place. Empty chip bags were everywhere. Flies had gathered around the kitchen’s garbage can while dishes piled high in the sink.

 

“Babe you’re so hot.” Jungkook and Taehyung stopped in their tracks when they heard coming from the room down the hall.

 

“Are they?”

 

“I think so…” Tae said slowly. Jungkook swallowed his embarrassment, and walked towards the room.

 

“YAH! We can’t interrupt them!” Taehyung snapped.

 

“Why not?” Jungkook asked seriously. “Their fault for not turning down the music so they could hear us kick the door down.” He pushed his way into the room causing the two on the bed to shout.

 

“WHAT THE MAN?!”

 

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook bent down and tossed a shirt towards the two. “Get up already. We have some talking to do.” The man reached for the shirt, and Jungkook clicked his tongue at the move.

 

“That’s for her. Not you,” he said with irritation rolling off his tongue.

 

The man scoffed as Jungkook walked out of the room. He sat down on the stained couch to wait. After a few minutes the girl came out of the room in a rush, and ran out the door.

 

“Damn, she is a piece of work,” Taehyung announced watching her leave.

 

“Leave her be,” Jungkook said watching the door close. “She’s not the one we’re here for.”

 

Taehyung pouted. “Buzz kill.”

 

“Plus, she’s barely a 6,” he added in unamused by the girl’s sight. Jungkook never found interest in girls except for when he was bored. All of them annoyed him, and if he could avoid them his whole life, he would.

 

The man finally walked out of the room to which Taehyung grabbed him by the shoulders, and nailed him to the ground with a punch. With a grunt, the man groaned in frustration while trying to push himself back to his feet.

 

“Man, what the hell was that for?!” He yelled in pain while Taehyung kicked him a second time so that he sat below him. Jungkook stayed seated on the couch watching the man struggle.

 

“It’s because you tried to screw with the Bangtan Boys.” Jungkook’s voice snapped as he looked towards the man.

 

“Whoa whoa whoa… I’d never do such a thing man. You gotta believe me,” he said raising his hands in defense. Jungkook scoffed at the pitiful sight. He looked to Taehyung, and nodded his head. The man drew a breath of relief thinking that he was cleared when Taehyung pulled out a pocket knife.

 

“As if we’d believe anything that spewed from your disgraceful mouth.” Taehyung spit on the man’s feet before kicking him in the stomach a second time. “You hacked our system, and tried to make a fool out of our friends.”

 

“What?! I don’t know what you’re talking about!!” The beat up guy shouted in fear and confusion. Jungkook lunged himself towards the man, and grabbed his hair. He pulled the man up by his scalp to meet his gaze.

 

“I don’t like ing liars.” His eyes were lit up with anger which pierced the man’s breath with fear.

 

“I’m not lying!! I don’t even hack!!” He yelled again earning a punch from Taehyung in the side. The guy grunted before speaking carefully again. “My room mate,” he mumbled in pain.

 

“What’d you say head?” Taehyung asked since he couldn’t decipher clear words.

 

The man coughed up some blood on the carpet before answering. “My room mate is the one that enjoys computer stuff,” he informed the two nodding his head toward the room down the left hallway.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook both looked in the direction he nodded in, and then looked down at the man they were beating up. In unison they gasped. “Ohh.”

 

“Our bad buddy.” Taehyung offered a hand to the man who just gazed at it in disbelief. “You should’ve said that in the first place,” he said with a welcoming grin.

 

“You two were too busy beating me up though…” he mumbled to himself while standing up.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothin.”

 

Taehyung put his knife back into his pocket. “Well if you don’t mind. We’ll be on our way to finish up some business,” Jungkook growled as he stormed off toward the other room.

 

With anger, he kicked open the door this time without knocking. Jungkook was half pissed and half embarrassed for his recent actions. He never expected that there would be a room mate. Suga hyung should have said something to him before they got there.

 

“Where the are you hiding?” Jungkook yelled as he walked into the room. Taehyung skipped in, and jumped on the person’s bed.

 

“Ohh this is soft Kookie~ Come feel it,” he cooed to his friend. Jungkook ignored him, and realized that this room was actually a lot cleaner than the living room. Everything was neat and ordered nicely. What did I expect from a hacker he thought.

 

The sound of a shower turning off caught his attention. Jungkook whisked around towards the noise, and opened a bathroom door with fury flaming at his eyes. He was losing patience with this task.

 

Taehyung’s mouth dropped to the floor while Jungkook stood frozen in his tracks. In front of them was no man. Rather a woman who only had a towel covering her goods. Steam flowed out of the bathroom as water dripped down her curves. A goddess? Jungkook’s first thought was.

 

“Oh you’re here,” the woman said with a soft smile while pushing past the two into her room.