Chapter 4

Good Deeds Gone Bad

Chapter 4 -Two kids and Their Babysitter

 

In a booth, in a donut shop; That’s where the three of them were now. An awkward silence engulfed the table, but that didn’t keep Taehyung from munching on a chocolate donut.

 

The woman kept messing with her thumbs as a distraction from the tension. Jungkook tried to get a read on her, but couldn’t come up with anything. Her face was cold, and closed off intentionally; As if there was something to hide from the two. Jungkook watched her with a somewhat soft gaze without realizing it himself.

 

“Hey, Jungkook. You’re making her all nervous since you keep staring at her like that,” Taehyung said his fingers to finish off what was left of his donut.

 

“Shut up. I’m not staring,” he snapped. Jungkook stole a quick glance at her to see what her reaction was to Taehyung’s statement, but she didn’t change her stone expression. He sighed giving up on trying to figure out things without words.

 

“Okay, time for you to fess up about what’s going on.” Jungkook watched her eyes drop to her shoes. “Yah, you said that you’d tell us if we helped you. Don’t go breaking your promises. My respect for you can’t drop any lower than what it’s at already.”

 

Her eyes finally sparked into life. “I don’t give a about your respect for me,” she spat at him. The girl finally straightened her back, and leaned back into her seat. Jungkook smiled at this reaction. Finally got her to be normal again, he thought. “But I don’t break my promises so I’ll tell you two what you want to know. Ask away.”

 

Taehyung looked to Jungkook who just shrugged. “Okay, then I’ll start,” Taehyung said leaning onto the table. “Who were those people after you, and why did they seem to be really pissed at ya?”

 

A breath of relief fell from her lips. “Good. Easy question first,” she said taking a drink of her strawberry milkshake. “Those were people working for Shinee from the S-District. They were after me because they’re working for someone who wants me.”

 

Jungkook studied her next emotions. Fear, and anger was clearly showing throughout her whole body. The way her fingers tapped the silverware out of anxiety, and the tearing of napkins on her lap. “Why do they want you?” Jungkook asked to see how much she reacted to that question.

 

Her movements stopped. He swore that she even stopped breathing for a brief moment. “Um… The person who wants me doesn’t like my family so he needs me for leverage.”

 

“That’s all? Seems like they were acting a little more extreme for just a kidnapping,” Taehyung pointed out.

 

She avoided eye contact with the two. “Yea. Stupid right?...”

 

“Is that really all there was to that situation?” Jungkook pushed further with the topic.

 

“Yes. Is that all you guys are curious about? Because if so--” She got up from her seat.

 

“No, we have more questions; Especially about your recent actions against Bangtan Boys,” Jungkook grumbled loudly causing her to sit back down.

 

“Right… almost forgot about that tiny detail,” she said awkwardly laughing to herself.

 

“Tiny?” Jungkook scoffed. Anything that has to do with Bangtan Boys was never miniscule.

 

The girl rolled her eyes. “Yes. Believe it or not, the world’s problems doesn’t revolve around your gang.”

 

Jungkook threw a glare at her to which she returned with a sticking out the tongue action. Taehyung laughed at their interaction. “Okay we get it. But I think what Jungkook was asking was why did you point out the fault in our system in the first place? Was it to prove your superiority? For money?”

 

“Wrong, and wrong. I’m only trying to prepare you guys for the worst to come,” she explained nonchalantly.

 

Jungkook’s attention immediately went up. “Are you saying that you’re going to hit us again?” He shouted slamming his fists on the booth’s table. The plates, and cups all bounced causing the few other people in the donut shop to look their way.

 

“Jungkook you’re freaking out too much. Let her explain first,” Taehyung said nudging his friend.

 

“No it’s cool. I mean I did hack into your system and everything. He has the right to act protective over his friend's well being,” the girl admitted looking his way.

 

Well being? Am I really acting like this because I’m worried about the guys? Jungkook watched her casually drink the rest of her milkshake with curiosity burning at his lips wanting to be released. Why can she see right through me, and yet it’s difficult for me to get a single read on her?

 

“Someone will screw you guys over in two weeks leaving you guys devastated. They plan on taking everything you have like it was as easy as breathing to them. They’ll use anything you love against you, and make you beg for mercy. I don’t want them to get away with that again so I only wanted to get your attention so that I could help prepare you guys for the attack.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes narrowed on her. He suddenly got serious after hearing the explanation. “How do you know this?”

 

The girl turned to meet his gaze with the same serious expression. “They did it to me.”

 

Jungkook tapped his finger trying to decide whether or not to believe her. “Why should we trust you?”

 

“Whether you trust me or not is up to you. I’ve warned you, and if that’s all you two need to keep off their attack then I’ll be on my way to prepare the next person they might go after. All I want to do is bring them down,” she told them with dead set eyes. “I’m going to get my revenge on them so if I have to wait for someone to trust me enough to let me help them, then I will. I’ll wait for as long as I need because what they did to me is unforgivable.”

 

Her last words were almost snarled. The girl’s mind was somewhere else because she was deep in thought. Jungkook and Taehyung both watched her closely. “Who’s this ‘they’ you keep speaking of?” Taehyung asked.

 

His voice broke her concentration. She looked up at the two before turning away from their gazes. “For now, all you need to know is that they are someone who can’t easily be brought down. I don’t know whether I want to tell you guys until you all decide to trust me or not.”

 

Jungkook scoffed at this. “Really? You’re feeding us a story, and won’t give us the full details because you don’t trust us yet? That sounds like such bull crap,” he said trying to wave over the waiter for the check.

 

The girl smiled softly to herself. “If I was to tell you, both of you would run out of here with your tails between your legs.”

 

“Who do you take us for? We are ranked as the 2nd top gang in the B-District,” Jungkook laughed at her. “As if we’d scare that easily.”

 

“Ignorant.”

 

“Bwah? What did you just say?” Jungkook asked gritting his jaw challenging her next words.

 

“You act so tough, but when it comes down to the small things, you’re really just a weak kid who cares for his family,” she deadpanned watching his next reaction.

 

“How would you know if I only put on a tough act?!” Jungkook shouted forgetting about where they were. Taehyung looked around giving an apologetic bow to the people. He tugged on his friend’s shirt trying to get him to cool down. It was really weird how easily Jungkook was getting annoyed by this girl. He usually ignored them all as if their opinions were worthless.

 

“Because I actually admire the Bangtan Boys!” She shouted back.

 

“Hey guys…” Taehyung whispered trying to interrupt their argument.

 

“I’ve watched over your actions for a while, and come to respect your group despite the small bad things you do to make money,” she told Jungkook angrily.

 

“Oh so you’re some type of stalker?!” Jungkook yelled standing up from his seat.

 

“No! But at least I’m not a ert!!” The girl shouted back at him while standing up. The donut shop went silent. All eyes were on the two, and they finally realized it. Whispers were shared as some people pointed toward Jungkook with judgmental eyes.

 

He turned to them realizing what was going through their minds. “No no, um it’s not what you think,” he said putting his hands up in defense. “It’s just a misunderstanding,” he pleaded despite their distaste with him already. The girl puffed out air with a victorious grin before sitting down. She crossed her arms with a smirk watching Jungkook struggle under the pressure.

 

“Hey chick, tell those people that I’m not a ert,” Jungkook said looking back at her.

 

“I have a name, and I don’t like telling lies,” she told him with a teasing smile.

 

Jungkook clicked his tongue. “You bitc-”

 

“I have a name.” She interrupted.

 

“JEsus you two just won’t stop going at it,” Taehyung said exasperatedly rubbing his forehead.

 

“Yea you do have a name. It’s a little bitc--”

 

“Okay okay… Let’s stop this arguing.” Taehyung pulled Jungkook down to sit, and apologized to the people around them once more. The girl puffed out air, and looked in the direction opposite from Jungkook, and he did the same for her. “Why are you two acting so childish?”

 

“I am not!” They both shouted at the same time. Jungkook narrowed his eyes on her, and she stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“Okay, let’s get past this and move onto a different subject,” Taehyung said pushing a donut towards the both of them in hopes that it would cool them down.

 

“I only like glaze donuts--”

 

“I only like chocolate donuts--”

 

Jungkook and the girl looked at each other, and saw that they had opposite of what they liked. Taehyung caught wind of this, and took it as an opportunity. “Well you two are quite the pair…” he mumbled to himself. “How do I get them to stop being polar opposites for 10 minutes?”

 

“Switch with me,” the girl said pushing her chocolate donut towards Jungkook.

 

“I don’t want to,” he responded pulling the glaze donut closer to himself.

 

“But you said you only liked chocolate donuts,” she said pulling the glaze donut toward her. “And I like glaze so it makes sense to switch.”

 

“Taehyung gave me this donut, and I’m going to eat it so I don’t want to switch with you,” he grumbled pulling his donut back and pushing away hers.

 

“Are you kidding me?” Taehyung said shoving his face into his arms.

 

“Hmph. Fine, I was only trying to be nice,” she said crossing her arms again.

 

“Well you’re not good at it so stop trying.”

 

“YAH!”

 

“WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP?!” Taehyung finally snapped. “Honestly?! Am I a babysitter? I don’t remember getting paid for this,” he grumbled running his hands through his hair.

 

“It’s mostly her fault…” Jungkook mumbled.

 

“I don’t even care anymore. What’s your name lady,” Taehyung said lifting his head from the table ignoring his friend.

 

“Na Soo jin.”

 

“Okay. We have that out of the way. Now, if we were to trust you, how would you help us?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Tae? You’re actually considering trusting this girl?”

 

“It’s Na Soo jin.”

 

“Whatever. You’re actually thinking about it?” Jungkook said looking to his friend with confusion in his brows.

 

“Yes, despite this being our first meeting, she seems trustworthy. And those words can be considered as rare as gold coming from my mouth,” Taehyung said picking up Soojin’s chocolate donut. He took a bite out of it, and sat back.

 

“Wow. I can’t believe this,” Jungkook scoffed aloud. He narrowed his eyes and leaned forward to examine the girl closely hoping to intimidate her. Upon doing so, Soojin also leaned darley close causing Jungkook to be caught off guard. His face turned slightly red, and he pulled back. Jungkook cleared his throat, and acted as if the interaction never happened.

 

“Well first I’d teach this kid some manners--” Jungkook threw a glare at her, but she continued. “But on a serious note, I’d strengthen the holes in your defensive front, and give you as much information needed to take down the bastard. I have many sources that are willing to help me; All I need to do is ask,” she said folding her arms on the table.

 

“Okay fine. How about we ask Joon first before doing anything?” Jungkook offered.

 

Taehyung smiled, and nodded. “Sounds good.” He looked over to Soojin. “Are you okay with us asking our boss for the okay to let you into our circle for the time being?”

 

“I thought you’d never ask.”