Chapter 3

Good Deeds Gone Bad

Chapter 3 - Worst Day

 

The woman gracefully made her way out of the bathroom towards her closet while Jungkook and Taehyung stood wide eyed watching her every move. Was this really happening? Or was this a prank on them? Millions of thoughts flew in and out of their minds as they tried to grasp the situation that was unfolding in front of them.

 

Her long black hair whisked around as she turned to face the guys. “What? Are you two just going to stand there gawking at me while I get dressed?” A teasing smirk came to her face as both men turned around awkwardly. Taehyung scratched the back of his neck while Jungkook tried to cool down the heat rising to his ears. She scoffed softly to herself once more. “erts.”

 

“Yah! We’re not--” Jungkook shouted as he turned half way around until he realized she had dropped her towel to the floor.

 

“Hey,” she snapped. “You better not be trying to take another peek at me.”

 

“I wasn-” Jungkook grumbled loudly out of frustration. “Just get dressed already. How long does it take to put some clothes on?” He asked in an irritated tone.

 

The girl brushed past him to her computer, and took a seat. Jungkook was relieved that she had finally put some clothes on until he saw that she was just wearing a very baggy white t-shirt. Taehyung coughed out of embarrassment when he also noticed.

 

“What? You told me to get dressed quickly.” She deadpanned with a scoff at Jungkook’s expression. “Is this the first time this guy’s seen a girl only wearing a t-shirt?” The woman asked Taehyung.

 

“No actually. I’m pretty sure he’s slept with many gir-”

 

Jungkook threw a glare in Taehyung’s direction making him stop in the middle of his sentence. “Anyways, you’re Zee right? The hacker?” His voice cracked which he found odd. Just why the hell am I acting like an idiot right now? I need to teach this chick a lesson not be fooling around like a .

 

“Yep. That’s me,” the woman said with a soft smile. “I will say that I am impressed with how fast you guys found me.” An amused glint was in her eyes as she turned her chair around towards her computer. “I expected that you guys would show up here around 11 tonight, but it seems I underestimated The Sensei.”

 

Taehyung laughed at her bold statements. “So you’re telling me that you knew we’d show up today? What bull.”

 

“Oh?~ You don’t believe me Kim Taehyung?”

 

Jungkook along with Taehyung froze. The both looked at each other with the same question going through their minds. How did she know my/his real name?

 

She laughed at their confusion. “Listen. I’m not here to shake you guys up for money or anything. My goal doesn’t interfere with the Bangtan Boys’ well being at all. In fact, it’ll help you very soon.”

 

Jungkook, finally fed up with all the talking she was doing instead of them teaching her a lesson, got up from where he had sat earlier and made his way toward her position. He grabbed her chair, and spun her around to face his deathly glare of hate. “Listen up you ,” Jungkook spat. “I’m not going to put up with your shi-”

 

A finger was placed against Jungkook’s soft lips causing him to freeze. His tough guy act was put on hold as he tried to understand what was happening. “Shush. I hear someone.” The girl looked towards her door as she tried to detect any hint of sound.

 

With her small finger still against his lips, Jungkook watched the girl. Her soft features were hardened at the moment as she tried to focus. She had long black hair that went to her shoulders, and dark brown eyes that had snatched his breath when he first saw her. There was something about the woman that caught him off guard. Her aura perhaps? Jungkook thought.

 

Taehyung meanwhile was trying to decide what his next move should be. Jungkook was frozen with a girl’s finger on his lips while the girl tried to listen for footsteps or talking. Should he stay where he was and be quiet or knock Jungkook out of his trance so that they could get on with their mission? Either way, impatience got the best of him as he pushed the girl to the floor, and pulled Jungkook over to his side. Why the hell was Jungkook acting like this? I knew I should have left him in the car.

 

The girl grunted in pain and rubbed her ankle until the sound of voices and foot steps were clearly audible. She jumped to her feet as someone pounded on her door yelling curses. Taehyung and Jungkook both noticed that the once confident girl was struck with fear. The fire in her eyes was now glazed over with a cry for help. She whisked around to face the two.

 

“Did anyone follow you here?!” She snapped with anger and worry in her voice.

 

“What? Why the hell would someone follow us--” Jungkook started out.

 

A slap prevented him from finishing. “That’s not what I asked!! I said did anyone follow you?!!”

 

Jungkook reached for his cheek to feel the pain, and make sure that what he thought had just happened, did. He looked to Taehyung with confusion. The woman ran her fingers through her hair as she tried to think about what to do. The girl then jumped over to her dresser, and struggled to push it towards her door before looking over at the two.

 

“Help me!” She shouted at them knocking them out of their daze. Taehyung and Jungkook were still confused as to what they were helping with as they pushed the dresser in front of her door. The shouting of a man continued right before something heavy was thrown at the door causing the dresser to shake.

 

“Is someone after you too?” Taehyung asked pointing to the door. “Because I’m not in the mood to get involved in someone else’s drama.”  

 

The woman ignored the question, and ran over to her computer. Her fingers moved quickly and simultaneously against the worn out keyboard. Jungkook recognized some of the codes from watching Jin and Suga. As the computer continued to run with numbers, the girl bent down to the monitor, and pulled it out. She picked it up with one lift which surprised the guys, and then threw it onto the ground smashing it to bits.

 

“Hey! What the hell are you doing?!” Jungkook shouted at her in confusion as she continued to step on the pieces.

 

“Shut up, and just help me wreck the place. I’ll tell you everything you want to know after,” she shouted running into her closet. Boxes full of papers were tossed out, and burner phones were chucked onto the floor.

 

Her neck stretched out from behind the door frame. “Either one of you two have a lighter?”

 

Jungkook looked to Taehyung who took a moment to process her question. He pulled out a green cigarette lighter from his jacket pocket and tossed it over to the girl. “Thanks.”

 

She rolled the gears, and tossed the fire onto the papers. Taehyung watched the fire burn with amusement flaming in his eyes. “She’s crazy… she’s absolutely crazy…” A backpack was thrown onto the mattress in the corner of the room with cords hanging out of it. “I think I’m in love.”

 

Jungkook punched his friend in the shoulder. “What? I think it’s hot,” he said shrugging.

 

A loud gunshot echoed throughout the house causing all three of them to duck. They looked over to see that there was a hole through her dresser.

 

“. This isn’t good,” Jungkook muttered aloud.

 

“Good thing I packed heavy,” Taehyung said with a grin as he looked to his friend. He pulled out the pistol in his jacket, and pointed it to the dresser while taking a shot. It must have scared the people on the other side of the door, and they got the hint to stay back for a while.

 

“Are you guys going to help or not?!” The girl shouted as she got together some tech from the drawers. Both of the guys shrugged to each other before going at it. They kicked over everything in sight, and burned anything safely flammable. Sometimes they would pause to double check with the girl if an item could be destroyed, but she would always nod.

 

Jungkook pulled out drawers of a desk and tore things apart. His rush was put to a stop when he came across a cheap silver ring band. It looked worthless as he looked it over until he saw a small engravement on the side. To the Moon and Back.

 

Odd trinket to keep. Jungkook turned to the girl. “How about this?”

 

She looked over, and her expression flashed with hope and comfort. Her hands smoothly grabbed it from his grasp. “Not that. I need this…” She softly mumbled before turning back to her things.

 

Her mood seemed weird to Jungkook, but with the sound of the person shouting at the other side of the door made him forget the needless observation.

 

Finally, the girl opened the apartment window revealing how high up they were. “Are you crazy? We’re on the fourth floor,” Jungkook told her even though she clearly knew which floor she lived on.

 

“The doctor said I’m just a little over my head, but they always exaggerate right?” She said climbing out of the window. Taehyung laughed at her, and looked to Jungkook with a grin.

 

“I like this chick,” he concluded before following her out of the room.

 

“They’re crazy… All of them.” Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair. “They’re all crazy.” The sound of another gunshot being fired behind him put his rational thoughts to a stop.

 

“Damnit Tae. You’re the one who has the gun! I can’t be left behind here,” Jungkook shouted at his friend following the two out the window. Luckily enough, a fire escape had been built on the side of the apartment, but it only went down to the second floor.

 

“What now?” Taehyung asked as they reached the end of the railing. All three of them looked down, and saw that there were only a few garbage dumpsters below them with a lot of junk surrounding them.

 

“We jump,” she said adjusting her backpack while climbing over the railing. Jungkook’s eyes flashed with fear. He jumped forward and grabbed her wrist. “Hell no. What if you hurt yourself?!” He shouted.

 

The woman looked back at him, and a half smile played onto her face. “I don’t get hurt anymore.” Her gazed locked onto his. “I only do the hurting to others now,” she whispered while slipping his hand off of her wrist. She jumped backwards, and Taehyung’s eyes widened. They looked over the railing to see that she had landed in the piles of garbage below them.

 

“Well, I guess it’s our turn?” Taehyung said looking to Jungkook.

 

“Fine. But if I die, I’m haunting your .”

 

Both of them climbed over the fence before jumping off from the railing, and on the way down Jungkook swore to himself that this was worst day he had ever had. And it was all because of that damn girl whose name he didn’t even know yet.