Chapter 1

Good Deeds Gone Bad

Chapter 1 -The Bait

 

A young bachelor sat among old geezers all trying to decipher what was lies from the truth. Half smiling to himself, the young man set his cards down on the table. “I’m all in.” I wonder how they’ll take this he thought to himself with amusement playing at his eyes.

 

As he pushed the pile of chips laying in front of him, the men around him went wide eyed at his bold move. He had at least 15 thousand dollars to gamble with, and instead of refraining from the uncertainty, he challenged it head on with a smirk. They looked among themselves trying to figure out whether or not the kid was bluffing.

 

From a distance, there wasn’t anything noticeable about the sight; Just a group of men playing poker together in a casino. But once taking a closer look, the young man was truly a jewel. The gray suit he wore was decorated with silver embodiments which shaped his build nicely. Someone might believe he was preparing to go out to a fancy event, but all the regulars at the casino knew that he was only in his casual wear. He wore the finest clothes as if it were nothing, and looked upon woman as if they were only accessories. If anything, his clothes were the accessories when compared to his body. He height was barely below average, but his sharp facial features made up for the lack. The young bachelor knew that others saw him as an untouchable, and he was glad they did. It was exactly what he wanted.

 

The woman standing behind the young man leaned over him to massage his shoulders. She planted a kiss softly on the side of his cheek, but without being fazed, he kept his gaze locked on the men around him tempting them to call his move a bluff. Finally, the man who was new to the place gave in.  

 

“Ha, I’m calling the boy. I’m all in also,” the oldest of the men announced pushing in his share of chips. A few of the others hesitantly followed the man’s choice and put in a few of their own chips.

 

Before the young man could show his cards, the cell phone next to him on the table started to vibrate. The men including him all clicked their tongues in annoyance. “Sorry, give me a moment.”

 

Grabbing the phone hastily, he answered the phone call turning his head away so that couldn’t hear the conversation clearly. “What?! What the hell do you want now?? I’m in the middle of something,” his voice snapped through the other line.

 

“Jimin, we need you to get over here asap.” The line got cut off as soon as the other person finished talking.

 

“Tsk. Damn it Joon. I’m trying to get us money here.”

 

Jimin shoved his phone into the inside of his jacket pocket. Whisking back around to face his playmates, Jimin put on a forced smile. “Let’s finish this up quickly shall we?”

 

 


 

 

“When the hell is he getting here?”

 

“How am I supposed to know? Ask Namjoon. He’s the one who called him.”

 

The sound of a door’s multiple latches opening caused the two young men to stop their bickering. In entered Jimin with an annoyed expression at the sight of the two. He dropped the duffle bag he was holding at the door, and walked over to where the two sat.

 

“Okay, what is that you two needed so badly that I had to come from work so urgently? Because if this is another joke of yours Jin hyung--”

 

The man with broad shoulders spun around away from his computer to face Jimin. “Ah~ Don’t be like that Jimin. This is actually a serious matter,” Jin said looking to his friend for reinforcement. “Right Suga?”  

 

The man across from Jin who was eating a bag of chips nodded from where he was sitting without looking away from his computer. “Jin hyung’s telling the truth. Remember that pesky fly we were ing about last week?”

 

Jimin walked over to where Suga was working. “Mhm. So what about it?” He leaned over to look at the screen.

 

“Well it just took all of our money from all of our multiple accounts,” Suga told him turning his head to face him. “Like ALL of them. Even the accounts Jin and I encrypted with serious fire walls.”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened as they went back in forth reading the coded numbers realizing that all of their hard earned money was really gone. How’s this possible?!? “Are you ing kidding me?” He shouted slamming his fists on the table.

 

“Whoa there, this is an expensive desk. Don’t go around putting dents in the only good stuff Jin and I have around here,” Suga grumbled rubbing the spot. “I’m pissed too ya know.”

 

“Yea Jimin. Suga and I are both really upset too? We can’t even figure out how they got through our traps and holes we had set out. Suuuuper embarrassed.” Jin turned back to his computer to continue reading manga.

 

Jimin clicked his tongue at his immaturity. “Then why the hell aren’t you two doing anything about getting our money back?!” He snapped with anger. Half of the money they had in those accounts was money that Jimin had put in there for safe keeping, and it wouldn’t be easy earning it all back.

 

Suga grumbled aloud. “Because the little put all the money back right where they got it.”

 

“What?”

 

Exhaling a breath of irritation, Suga pushed his chair backwards so he rolled over to a computer across the room. “Like I said. They put it all back.” He explained in between typing things into his programmed system.

 

“All of it?”

 

“Well most. They took out about five bucks and some change, and left a note saying--” Suga paused before finishing his sentence to show Jimin it instead of reading it out loud.

 

“Sorry, I needed to get something to eat so I hope you don’t mind me borrowing a few bucks. Thanks boys~” Jimin read aloud. “Why the hell would they do that?” He asked looking over at Jin who was still engrossed in his manga.

 

“To show us that they’re better than us obviously. They wanted to show off,” Jin answered nonchalantly. “Oh no~ The second lead got rejected,” he whined.

 

Suga and Jimin both sighed together while shaking their heads. “Well, to be quite honest Jimin, which you won’t like, Jin and I weren’t too worried about people getting into our money accounts. We didn’t watch it 24/7 with alerts or anything because what we made difficult was that there was no paper trail that lead to the accounts. No bridge to an island means no entry… But somehow they got to it without us noticing.” Suga scratched the back of his neck while examining the codes. “The hacker isn’t on our level, but they must have found a hole in my software giving them an opening to mess with us.”

 

Jimin finally was grasping the situation. “So they only wanted to make you aware of the fault then?” He questioned with confusion.

 

“Yea which is what I find the most confusing. What do they want after helping us like this?”

 

Jin paused from reading his manga to jump into the conversation once again. “Told ya to go over the grid twice before putting it into use didn’t I?”

 

Suga clicked his tongue. “Shaddup. All I have to do is fix the hole. It was one small mistake,” he retorted.

 

“Yea, but that one mistake could have really put the group at odds end.” Jimin admitted while looking at the screen once more. Suga was caught off guard with Jimin’s bluntness. He frowned to himself in self embarrassment. Who the made me look like such a pitiful hacker he thought hastily.

 

“Whoever this person is, I’m going to make their life a living hell after I fix up my software. Just they wait,” Suga spoke aloud but mostly directed to himself. “I’m the master of tracking down people with the smallest clue. There’s no running away from The Sensei.” A half grin grew on Suga’s tired face and lit up like a little kid finding a new source of amusement.  

 

Meanwhile, Jimin walked over to the duffle bag, and tossed it Jin’s way. “Here’s this month’s pay on my half. Put it in a place that can’t be hacked into,” Jimin growled in Suga’s direction.

 

“Yah! Who are you to be getting onto me? Little punk.” Suga turned around to go back to working on his software update while Jin laughed at his annoyed tone.

 

“Hey don’t be angry with just him,” Jin finally said with a serious tone. “My fire walls were half assed so it was also partly my fault. I’m going to work on securing them some more before finishing this amazing manga.”

 

With relief, Jimin finally sat in one of the sofa chairs in the back of the room. “Okay so what’s my purpose for being called over to the den? Joon made it seem like it was really urgent, and as much as this situation is, I don’t see how my assistance will help in any way.”

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Jin asked looking away from his screen to his friend. “We need you to find out where our Golden Boy is, and get him to find this pest.”