Chapter Fourteen

My Brother was my Boyfriend [Sequel]

Chapter Fourteen : Gone?

________________________

 

Months passed, the entrance exams came and went. You were always busy in school and extra curriculum. If not those, you would be with Zelo to have a study 'date'. The two of you were growing closer and closer to each other day after day. Rumors started to spread that the two of you were dating secretly. You always told Zelo to ignore the rumors but to Zelo...he wanted it to be true. 

 

You were growing distant from L.Joe and HongKi. Sure, your gestures were the same. Giving them regular hugs and kisses but it felt different. You being your usual oblivious self, could not realise anything. Everyday, L.Joe would try to spend more time with you but you were too busy with your school work and studies. Since it was your graduation year, L.Joe understood and left you to concentrate on your studies. 

 

You were proudly staring at yourself in the mirror with your graduation gown on. You could not help but smile at the thought of you graduating. *I've done it. Today's the day, the day i've been waiting for. It all came true.*  You took a good look at yourself. You wanted to remember every single detail of the moment. Just then, there was a knock at your door. You twirled around and the door clicked open. HongKi peeped into the room and saw you in the graduation gown he too could not contain his excitement. He came into the room and examined you in your graduation gown. HongKi called out to L.Joe to look at you but L.Joe just took a glance at you and said 'Yeah, you look great.' Then he just left to return to his room. You felt your heartache but you told yourself that maybe L.Joe was just tired or something. 

"Aish That brat!" HongKi yelled and wanted to chase him but you stopped him. 

"Let him rest. Maybe he's just cranky from lack of sleep." You tried to reason with HongKi. 

HongKi just let out a sigh in frustration.

"Let's take a picture after graduation okay? I want to frame it up and hang it on the wall!" HongKi squealed as he waved the camera around. You chuckled and nodded. 

"I'll wait for you downstairs.." 

"Neh~" You smiled and HongKi closed the door. 

 

You did the final touches to your basic make-up and outfit; you wanted to look your best for this once in a life time opportunity. Meanwhile, HongKi stepped into L.Joe's room and gave him a firm look. 

"What?" L.Joe bluntly asked. 

HongKi crossed his arms, "Don't you 'What' me. What's with the attitude? It's her graduation. At least be happy for her?" 

L.Joe kept quiet and continued to fix his hair. HongKi knew that at a time like that L.Joe wouldn't listen to him. 

"Just try not to ruin today alright? Aren't you glad that she's finally graduating?" HongKi said before whispering, "I was actually going to grant you the permission to officially make her yours." 

L.Joe turned to HongKi, "What?" 

"Just...be there." HongKi went out of the room. 

 

----------------------------------------

 

You sat in HongKi's car waiting for him to lock the house. L.Joe had gone to Teen Top's place first before heading to the graduation. That was what he said. You were a little disappointed that L.Joe has been avoiding you or a little harsh to you since 1 and a half months ago. Even though you tried to get closer to him again, he would distant himself from you. You played with your fingers while thinking of what you did wrong. HongKi came into the car and smiled. 

"Ready?" He smiled as he buckled his seatbelt. You were still thinking about L.Joe but you just gave him a nod. 

"What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?"

"Nah, just...Nervous.." *Nervous about what will happen between me and L.Joe oppa..*

 HongKi ruffled your hair, "You'll do just fine. Seatbelts please, and let's go! Oh! I just received a letter for you."

HongKi handed you a white envelop. After putting on your seatbelt, You took it and opened the letter. 

 

While HongKi drove, you were reading the letter that was given to you. It was from your cousin, Kwon Jiyong. He stated that Big Bang was going to be in the area for a week then they would be flying to different parts of Europe for business purposes. They had work from Lady Kim to be done there. 

*2 years?*

 

"WE'RE HERE!!" HongKi squealed. 

You laughed at his high pitched voice.  The two of you walked into the school filled with other students from the graduating classes. You spotted the familiar faces and smiled to yourself once again. That was probably the last time you would be stepping into the school. 

 

 

"ZELO!!!" You spotted his blond hair straight away. Plus he was like a pole sticking out from the crowd. 

"Hey, Noona!" He ran over to you. You rolled your eyes. *Still the same old Zelo*

Zelo saw HongKi and tilted his head and pointed to HongKi then looked at you. 

"Who's he? Your...B-boyfriend?" Zelo choked on the word.

Your eyes widened and quickly shook your head vigorously, "No! No! He's my Step-brother! You haven't met HongKi oppa after knowing me for almost the whole year?" 

Zelo raised a brow, "I though L.Joe hyung was your only step-brother?" 

HongKi looked at you suspiciously. You noticed it and awkwardly rubbing the back of your neck. 

"Actually..." 

 

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! The graduation ceremony is about to begin. All graduates please head over to the hall immediately. All guests are welcomed to join us." A loud voice was heard through the school's system. 

"LET'S GO!" You pumped your fist up and turned to HongKi. 

"See You later Oppa! Cheer me on okay?" You hugged HongKi. He was surprised but nodded anyways. 

"LET'S GO GO GO!" You cried and grabbed Zelo's hand. You pulled Zelo into the school's main entrance. 

 

HongKi watched as you and Zelo went into the school building. *Did she not tell him about her relationship with ByungHun?*

Then someone stood next to HongKi causing him to turn his head. L.Joe was standing there wearing his leather jacket and his right hand holding onto his helmet. HongKi studied his face. L.Joe's eyes showed sorrow and worry. HongKi turned back to the entrance. *Is there something i don't know?*

"Let's go Hyung. Can't be late." L.Joe simply spoke and walked ahead. HongKi noticed that his back figure was somewhat miserable. HongKi scrunched his eyebrows and went up to catch up with L.Joe. 

 

____________________________

 

"I would like to thank all the guest who are present at this memorable moment. I am proud to have these students here in our school and they have each blossomed into precious individuals. I am sure they have grown into responsible adults and will do well in the future. May i wish all of you good luck." The principal gave his speech, "And we shall now proceed on to the ceremony." 

 

You could feel the adrenaline rushing through your veins. Your turn was getting closer and closer and you were happy to finally be able to graduate. Zelo was somewhere at the back. 

"Cha ~~~~~." You heard your name being called. You cautiously stepped up the stage and walked towards the principal. You were shaking slightly. 

"Congratulations." The Principal congratulated. 

"Kamsahamnida." You bowed slightly and received your graduation certificate. 

 

Soon, everyone had their certificates and the ceremony ended. Everyone rushed to their families and friends. You went to your class for a while and took a class picture. You greeted your teachers one last time and went to find HongKi. With the thick crowd around you and your height wasn't helping in any way, you had to jump and look around the place. You squeezed through the crowds and had to continuously excuse yourself. Then you spotted two familiar figures at the gates of the school. Your eyes glittered and was about to wave at them. 

 

"Hey.." Someone wrapped his arms around you. You froze at the spot. 

"Relax its me.." He whispered and walked to the front of you. 

You looked up and saw Zelo. For the first time you saw his eyes so soft and luring. 

"I want to ask you something.." Zelo said but you could barely hear him. 

"What did you say?" You frowned a little. 

"I want to ask you something." Zelo came closer to you. 

"Oh, ok. What is is?!" You tried to fight the noise coming from the surrounding. 

Zelo looked around for a while then his eyes glued onto yours. He took a deep breath and finally said, "I Love You." 

"W-What?" You pretend to not hear it but you actually hear it VERY CLEARLY.

"I want you to be my girlfriend ~~~~~-ah. I really love you." He was actually slightly blushing.

You gulped as you didn't know what to do, "You're Joking right?" 

The crowd was slowly disappearing and you could hear better. 

Zelo looked frustrated, "Why would you think i'm joking?" 

"B-Because...We joke around everytime!" You tried to laugh it off but Zelo's expression remained the same. 

Zelo took a step closer to you, "Then would this convince you?" 

Your eyes widened as he cupped your cheeks and leaned in to kiss you directly on the lips. Your whole body was like a stone. You couldn't move a muscle. 

 

*W-What is this?!*

 

Suddenly, Zelo was yanked back and crashed onto the hard ground. You were still in shocked as you looked up to see L.Joe. His eyes were murderous, his whole body was tense with his clenched fist as pale as a white sheet of paper. Zelo wiped the blood off his lips and looked at L.Joe. 

"What do you think you're doing kissing MY GIRL?!" L.Joe yelled. 

Zelo was confused. He looked at you but you avoided his gaze, "Y-your girl? You're just her step-brother." 

L.Joe stepped up to Zelo and yanked his collar. 

"SHE IS MINE! GET THAT IN YOUR BRAIN! I DON'T CARE IF YOUR HER FRIEND OR NOT, ONCE YOU TOUCH HER. YOU'RE ON MY DEATH LIST." L.Joe hissed. 

"O-Oppa..D-don't" You stuttered. 

L.Joe's eyes were still piercing through Zelo's. 

"Oppa!" You wailed and pulled L.Joe back,"Stop it!" 

"And what? Watch him take you away from me? I am your boyfriend! I have my rights!" L.Joe firmly said. 

You winced a little at his voice and your body was still shaking. 

"You do love me don't you?" L.Joe asked you, being a little impatient. You just remained quiet. 

"~~~~~-ah!" L.Joe shook your body,"Tell him you’re my girlfriend!" Yet, you still remain quiet as your head hung low. 

"Don't do this to me..." L.Joe's voice quivered.

"I-......I-I'm sorry.." You whispered. 

 

L.Joe felt as though someone stabbed a knife through his heart. His arms slide off your body as he took a few steps back. He was lost for words. You didn't dare to look up. L.Joe turn back to Zelo who was still in his same position. L.Joe couldn't believe it. He strode off; taking his helmet from the ground and went to his motorcycle and sped off. As soon as L.Joe left your legs gave away and you fell on the ground. Tears streamed down your face. Zelo quickly went next to you. 

"~~~~~~-ah, are you okay?" Zelo asked you but you still kept quiet. 

HongKi finally stepped up and pulled Zelo up but not as harsh as L.Joe. 

"I think its best that you go home right now." HongKi's face was straight and firm. 

Zelo understood by that and took a step back. 

HongKi looked at you and helped you up. Your head was still hung low and tears stained your face and gown. 

"Let's go home..." HongKi whispered and guided you to the car. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

The way home was silent. The heavy atmosphere hung in the air as the scene replayed in your mind. 

"Why didn't you tell Zelo about it?" HongKi started. 

You looked out the window. 

"Why didn't you say that you were L.Joe's girlfriend?" HongKi voice started to slowly getting a little too harsh. 

"I...don't know." You mumbled. HongKi took the final turn and it was the house. HongKi let out a sigh.

"Is it because you're in love with Zelo now?" HongKi asked. 

You immediately shook your head. HongKi raised a brow. 

"Then? Why?" 

You bit your lower lip and hesitated a little, "L.Joe oppa seems to ignore me nowadays...Its like he got bored of me." 

HongKi gazed at you and tucked your hair behind your ear. You turned and met his eyes. 

"The ByungHun i know loves you so deeply that i think he's madly in love with you. If he didn't love you then why would he get mad at Zelo kissing you hmm? Am i right?" HongKi's voice was soothing and calm, "And I'm guessing that that brat was actually jealous. You have been spending more time with Zelo than us do you know that? I was actually a little sad too." HongKi pouted.  

You gave it a thought. HongKi had a point there. 

You sighed, "I need to apologise to L.Joe Oppa.." 

HongKi smiled and ruffled your hair, "Let's go call him." 

A smile tugged on your lips and you gave a nod.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

RIIIIIINNNNGGG~ Sorry but the number you have dialed is not available.

 

HongKi slammed his phone on the dinning table and sighed in frustration. He had been trying to get a hold of L.Joe for hours. It was almost 11pm and yet no news from anyone. HongKi had called Beast, Big Bang and even Teen Top do not know where he was. Everyone was searching high and low for L.Joe's whereabouts. 

You were sitting on the couch with your arms wrapped around your knees. Your face was puffed up with all the crying and your eyes were a little swollen. You had started to regret what you did earlier. 

*It's all my fault. If I didn't doubt his love. If I had told Zelo the truth this wouldn't happen. It's all my fault.*

You started sobbing. HongKi was ruffling his hair when he heard your cries. he went next to you and hugged you. 

"It's not your fault ~~~~-ah.. I already told you that. It's just a misunderstanding.."HongKi tried to calm you down again.  

"Oppa...he's mad at me." You sobbed. 

"Shh...he's just not in the right state of mind. He'll be back.." 

 

Just then, the phone rang. Your phone. It was vibrating at the edge of the coffee table. You and HongKi sat up. You looked at HongKi first. He gave you an encouraging nod. Slowly you reached out to grab your phone. You took a peek at the caller id. You felt disappointment. It was your cousin, Jiyong. 

You answered it and placed the phone next to your ear. 

 

"Yobuseyo? Jiyong oppa." You quietly said. 

"~~~~~-ah? I've found him!" Jiyong's voice ringed.

"L.Joe Oppa?!" You stood up. HongKi began to be more interested.

"Yeah..but ~~~~~-ah.... I don't think you're going to like it.." Jiyong's voice was worried.

You frowned at the thought of what Jiyong was actually saying.  

 

*Where are you L.Joe oppa?*

____________________________________

 

Sorry for not updating. I was sick. I needed help. I'm a little better not fully recovered though..