Chapter Sixteen

My Brother was my Boyfriend [Sequel]

Chapter Sixteen : Even

It's friday night <3 

_________________________________

 

You twirled around only to see Zelo in a white blouse, jeans and a red apron that had a logo of 'Baby Mart' on it. Zelo was standing there with his right hand in his pocket and his left hand carrying a red plastic bag that was filled with food.

"Zelo..." You quietly murmured.

"~~~~~-ah...W-what are you doing here?" His voice croaked. You didn't reply.

He came closer to you. You observed his face as it grew concerned. Slowly he swept his thumb under your right eye. He pinched his eyebrows together and gave you a stern look. 

"Have you been crying?!" His voice had a hint of worry and anger. 

You were to ashamed to face him so you just hung your head low and gave him a small nod. Zelo sighed and then suddenly pulled you into his embrace. You were shocked by his action and your body stiffens. 

"I'm sorry.. I was being irrational. I brought you pain, i made you cry." He whispered. You just stood there and allowed him to hug you. 

"It's not your fault..I was the one keeping it from you." You mumbled against his shirt. 

"Still....I feel guilty." He sighed, "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping now?" 

He pulled away and held onto your shoulders. He gave you a disapproving look. 

"Speak for yourself. Why are in uniform?" I gave him a look. 

Zelo bent his neck downwards to look at himself and his eyes widened. 

"Oh. Uh...I'm...working?" He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he smiled to you. 

You gave him a look. You wanted to know the details but suddenly you felt your stomach growl. You realised that you have not eaten since that incident in the morning. You clutched on your stomach and pouted. 

 

"Zelo-ah..." You groaned. 

"Yah. What's wrong?" He panicked. 

"I'm hungry..no, i'm STARVING." You pouted and rubbed your stomach. 

Zelo face-palmed himself, "And i thought something was really wrong with you.." 

"Well sorry for not being sick." You sarcastically remarked. 

Zelo chuckled and looked at the plastic he was carrying. He thought for a while before making a decision. Without another word Zelo walked off. You turned to see him leaving you behind. 

 

"Yah! Where are you going?!" You cried. 

Zelo held out two fingers and moved it forward; indicating to you to follow him. You wondered where he was heading so you followed him anyways. You ran down the empty neighbourhood to catch up with Zelo. The two of you walked down the streets not exchanging a single word to each other but it was not an awkward moment but rather a comfortable one. 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

The moon was shining brightly in the night sky. The whole neighbourhood was very empty and dark other than the street lights, there were only a few lights coming from a couple of buildings around the area. You were rarely in that part of the neighbourhood at night since you lived at the opposite side of it. Not really knowing the area, you stuck close to Zelo hoping there were no drunken men or any group of gangsters around. You shivered as the cold breeze swept pass you. *Where are we going?*  You started to question yourself. It has been a full 10 minutes of walking and Zelo was still continuing his journey to who knows where. 

"Hey Zelo....where are we going?" You whispered as you looked at his side. He simply shrugged his shoulders. He seemed carefree and nonchalant to what ever was going on. *Does he even know where he is going? I hope we're not lost.* You thought. 

 

As you were thinking to yourself you didn't notice that Zelo had already stopped but you continued walking, still in a daze. Zelo just watched as you made your way into a mini supermarket. 

"WELCOME!" You heard someone greeted you. You looked up but quickly laid your hand above your eyes as the light was too bright. You blinked a couple times before getting used to the new surroundings. 

"Welcome to Baby mart! How can i help you?" A charming guy with a much defined jaw line smiled at you. 

"huh?" You looked around to see a well organized supermarket, well, a mini supermarket. 

"I'm Back. Food." Zelo came in and placed the plastic bag at the cash register table.

 

"Yah! We have a customer and here you are making a mess at the cashier." The guy nagged. 

"Hyung. She's my friend. ~~~~~-ah. You can have my bimbimbap." Zelo took out a container from the plastic bag and gave it to you. 

"B-but isn't this yours?" You questioned him as you received it.

"I'll just grab something from this huge store here." Zelo started walking around, "Ah, that's Himchan Hyung. Careful, he really likes skinship." Zelo then went back to scan the shelves for something to eat. 

"Skinship." Your eyes widened. 

"So, you are that big baby's friend huh?" Himchan smirked as he made a round out from behind the counter, "You're a cutie. What's your name?" 

You took a step back cautiously as Himchan took a step forward. You wanted to yell for Zelo when another guy interrupted you. 

 

"Leave her Himchan." His voice was deep and y. A well built guy walked out of the door found behind the cashier counter. You gulped as his appearance seemed very intimidating. He was wearing the same uniform as Zelo and himchan except that his was sleeveless. Wow. His biceps are big. You were staring at his muscles and he noticed it. He pointed at you.

"Who are you?" He raised a brow. 

"Uh... I-I amam Zelo's f-f-friends. I mean friend." You stammered as you looked at him. 

"Zelo's friend huh? Where is that kid?.. Yo guys! Food!" 

 

You couldn't believe your eyes when 3 more guys came out of the room. 2 of them were rushing for the plastics bag yelling out 'food' on the way. The last one was a the only one that looked decent enough. Zelo came back and stood next to you with a hotdog bun in his mouth. 

"Hey Yongguk hyung." Zelo greeted then pointed to you, "Friend."  

YongGuk glared at Zelo's stuffed mouth and then tackled him into a head lock, "You bonehead! How many times must i tell you not to eat anything from the store!"  

"ACK! Hyung! Cho-ke! OUCH!" Zelo squirmed as he tried to free himself from those big biceps. 

Himchan slyly slung an arm around your shoulder and stood next to you.  

"That's how our everyday life is..." Himchan sighed smiling. 

You turned to himchan with a blur face, "Everyday? How long has he been working here?" 

"Working here?! That lazy of his only eats the food here. He practically lives here."

"LIVE HERE?! I though he lives at the blue building opposite a supermarket near the bakery?!" 

"Well, for your information. The blue building’s only for rich people. We live the second floor of this supermarket. We rent the rooms upstairs, no rents but in turn we have to work night shift for that guy over there. Plus, we have a bakery here?!" Himchan asked the three who were busy eating.

 

You were angered somehow knowing that Zelo lied to you about living in a luxurious building. He said he was rich and had his parents working overseas.

"CHOI JUNHONG!" You cried as you glared at Zelo who was still being held in between YongGuk's arm.

"oh . crap. Hyung!" Zelo struggled even more as you stomped your way to him. 

When YongGuk had released you, they all watched as you grabbed Zelo by the collar. Even though Zelo was taller you still grabbed his collar causing him to bend forward slightly. Zelo shut his eyes and his face was frowning slightly. Obviously he was afraid. 

 

"Zelo is not scared of YongGuk hyung but he's scared of that short girl?" The smartass of the three who were eating made a remark. You scoffed as your heard that. 

"Who is that guy?" You asked Zelo your voice getting even more firm by the second. 

"Y-youngJae Hyung!" Zelo squeaked. 

"You! You're next." You growled at him and turned back to Zelo. 

 

You held onto his collar and gripped it tight. 

"Why the hell did you lie to me?!" You yelled at him. 

"I-I'm sorry. Himchan Hyung told me girls liked rich guys. I thought i could get you to like me..." Zelo explained.

You were shocked to hear his statement, "You thought i like rich guys?" Your grip was slowly loosening up.

"So she's the girl?" Himchan raised a brow.

"Shut it." You hissed, "You thought that by being rich i would fall for you?"

Zelo nodded with his eyes shut tight. You let him go but Zelo remained frozen there. You wanted to hit him so badly but he did it.....for you. in a way. You took your hand and hit his head lightly. 

 

"Babo." You mumbled. Zelo slowly lifted his eyelids and looked at your pouting face. A smile crept on both of your lips. 

"I guess we're even then huh?" Zelo straightened up.

"Even?"

"We both lied to each other. heh." Zelo sheepishly smiled.

"Right.. Friends?" You held out your fist.

"Best Friends." Zelo knocked his own fist onto yours.

 

Then a loud cheer broke out. You and Zelo turned back to see out of all of them, only himchan was clapping and cheering. 

"Psh. She's not strong after all. I knew it." YoungJae commented. 

"Who's in charge here?" You asked everyone. 

"YongGuk hyung." Zelo said. 

You turned to YongGuk, "May I?" 

"May you what?" Himchan asked instead. 

"You can have the honour of doing it today." YongGuk grinned.

"Wait what is this about?!" Himchan grew annoyed.

You smirked and cracked your knuckle. Zelo knew exactly what was going to happen. He went over to YoungJae and dragged him to you before taking 3 steps back from you. 

 

"YoungJae Hyung you're gonna regret saying that." Zelo sighed. 

"Wait. What?!" YoungJae turned to look at you but then he was punched in the stomach. 

"Oooh!" Everyone cringed.  

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

You ended up enjoying your time with them. Hardly anyone comes to buy anything so the 7 of you were having the time of your lives in the supermarket. They told you each of their stories on how they ended up living there. YongGuk, he owns the supermarket from his father, his mother lives somewhere else. YongGuk is the one renting the place to them. Himchan....he ran away from his neighbourhood since many girls were stalking him there - He tries to keep a low profile while staying at the supermarket. DaeHyun, because he goes to a university nearby and he needed a cheap place to stay in. YoungJae, He's also in university but his mother threw him there so that he can experience something else other than luxury. JongUp, he wanted to live alone. Finally it was Zelo's story. 

 

"Actually, Zelo is quite rich you know. His dad is the co-manager of a huge company.. Some company." YoungJae thought. 

"Zelo is the richest among us." JongUp agreed. 

"Then why did you come and stay here?" You turned to Zelo who was sitting on your right. 

"My mom and dad are always busy, no one was taking care of me so they sort of threw me here so that YongGuk Hyung can take care of me." Zelo explained, "YongGuk Hyung is my cousin.. My annoying cousin who nags."

"I do not nag!" Yongguk defended himself.  

"Ahh... Right.." You nodded in understanding. Then it was silent as you sipped on your caramel frappe. 

 

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! BACK TO WORK! You can't stay here for free! Work!" YongGuk really nagged. 

"Told you." Zelo whispered. You giggled. 

 

Soon it was just you and Zelo sitting at the tables eating some late night snacks. Silence filled the air but was soon broken when Zelo asked you about L.Joe. You immediately froze and the scene at the club replayed in your mind. A sigh escaped your lips and you lay on the table. Zelo observed you. 

"I don't know...but all i know is he called me a ." You eyes were getting a little teary,"After all those times, he never once called me that but suddenly i'm labeled 'a '."

You laughed but there was sadness in your voice. Zelo felt guilty in a way.

"So, you're going to.....break up?" Zelo asked.

Another sigh escaped your lips and you shifted a little for to a more comfortable position.

"i don't know Zelo. Even though he said those things to me...I....still love him.." You mumbled the last part and your eyelids slowly gave in. You ended up sleeping there. Zelo quietly sat there as he watched your body movements. The way it expands a little when you breathe. It hurts him when he heard you say you loved someone else but then he couldn't bear seeing you cry. Zelo though hard about what he was supposed to do. He can continue on trying his best to fight for you or he could help you and L.Joe patch things up. He had a choice to make. Either he gains or he sacrifices. After a while, Zelo shook off the thoughts from his head and took out his phone dialing a number. 

 

"Hello?" 

"It's Zelo. ~~~~~-ah is with me. You can pick her up, she's asleep." 

 

___________________

 

 

 

MinHee_xD : Updated ^^ Thank you for reading. 

Joker892809 : You're bad at guessing? But you guessed correct ^^ Heehee Thank's for reading.

Eunji_10: Updated!! :D Thank you for reading. 

thea_14: Right! It's ZELO! :D sorry but no prize >< Thank's for reading ^^ 

OMGitsKpop: Zelo <3 ^^ Thank you for reading. 

YAKSOKHAEMiki: :P Thank's for reading. 

annyss93: :D Thank you for reading ^^ 

joanna_MAgic: Aigoo~ Uljima <3 ^^ Zelo says, "Yes it's me." Thanks for reading <3  

ohmygawditsjane : UPDATEEED~!! ^^ Hehe~ Thank you for reading. 

pimba99: Updated ^__^ Thank you for reading.

 

I love you all my readers <3