Chapter Seventeen

My Brother was my Boyfriend [Sequel]

Chapter Seventeen :  Decision made

ENJOY 

_______________

 

 

"Are you sure about this?" HongKi's voice was low and lost.

"I've already made my decision Oppa.. I'm going." You simply replied, not wanting to see HongKi's face. 

 

2 days ago...

 

"Ah... Kamsahamnida Zelo-ssi." HongKi came into the mini mart upon receiving Zelo's call. He was worried sick about you. The time was way pass 2am in the morning and he was there to take you home. Zelo simply stood by the side as he watched HongKi carried you on his back then helping you into the car. He made his final decision. He was going to give you up. HongKi was actually surprised by his sudden confession and it made him more shocked to hear that Zelo was going to give you up just like that. 

 

"May i ask why Zelo-ssi?" HongKi asked. 

Zelo put in a forced smile, "I don't think she loves me the way i love her."  

HongKi felt Zelo's pain through his voice and HongKi pulled Zelo into a brotherly hug. Although Zelo's taller than him, he still patted his back like a real brother would. 

"Thank you Zelo.. For protecting ~~~~." HongKi whispered and pulled away, "I'm going. Take care okay?" 

Zelo gave a bow and waved goodbye to HongKi.

 

HongKi went to the driver's seat and drove off, heading back home. Zelo watched till there was no more sight of the car. Just then Himchan came out and stood next to Zelo. 

"You really do love her huh?" The older asked. Zelo felt tears forming as he called the way you mumbled L.Joe's name while you were sleeping. 

"She has someone that she'd rather be with right now..." Zelo whispered and hung his head low. 

"Aww.. It's ok bro. There are more fishes in the sea right?" Himchan tried to cheer the maknae up and then he went back inside. 

Zelo felt a tear ran down his cheek as he stood in that position. He took a deep breathe and gazed at the stars in the night sky. 

 

*Now, there's one last thing to do...*

 

 

You were now busy finish packing your stuff. Things like clothes, caps, beanies, pictures of you and your father, your mother, toiletries and everything you could bring with you were thrown into the luggage. HongKi was leaning against the door frame not know what to say to you. You have been exceptionally stubborn with your decision. L.Joe had not returned home since that night. HongKi guessed that he was staying over with Teen Top. You on the other hand, locked yourself in your room. While you sat there, you did some thinking. 

You tried to call L.Joe countless of times but it really seems like he does not want you back. You felt your heart crush and it was difficult to breathe but then, no tears came out.

 

G-dragon came over to check on you. He himself felt his blood boiling and he couldn't simply forgive L.Joe for what he's done. The other big bang members too tried to cheer you up but you just stuck yourself in your room. Lifeless. Time was running out and Big Bang was needed in Europe. That was when G-dragon had the big idea. Since you refused to come out of your room, they broke in. After explaining to you about the idea, you gave it a thought and gave in. 

 

That was it, you were going to fly to France in a few hours time. You slammed your luggage shut and looked around the room once more. Indeed, you going to miss this house, those years of memories, but you need time off from everything. 

"Isn't there any other way we can solve this?" HongKi plead. He stood at the door way staring into the distance. 

You exhaled as you looked up at the ceiling then brought your luggage to the floor.

"This is the best solution Oppa. This way you can call L.Joe Oppa back and he'll be able to live here in peace. I might be or might not be able to return back. It depends; I might be working there once i finish college." You walked over to HongKi pulling your luggage with you. Seeing that HongKi was still not looking at you made you realise how sorrow he felt about your decision. 

"Mianhae oppa, i know I’m selfish but please.. Let me go just this once? Besides, now you don't have to work twice as hard, you can save up more." You softly held on HongKi's arms and observed him. He refused to make eye-contact knowing that he might burst into tears. He admitted he really loves you like his own blood sister. HongKi took a deep breath and used all his might to hold back his tears. 

"Alright....But, at least send me an e-mail or call often. I don't want to miss you too much." HongKi's voice trembled slightly as he pouted. 

Your lips curled up into a small smile and nodded. HongKi pulled himself together and took your luggage. He helped you carry your luggage down the stairs as you took some time to look around the house. You wanted to remember and take in as much as you can before you leave.

 

You recalled the past, how you would wake up to see your father cooking breakfast. The two of you eating peacefully having fun at the dinner table. Running around the house, laughing. Once in a while, the house would be lonely since your father would be at work. You recalled sitting in your room waiting till almost 2 in the morning for your father's car to drive into the garage

 

An unknowing smile crept to you. *It was lonely before they came...but everything changed after that.*

 

You recalled once again, how you found out that your father was suddenly going to get married again. Suddenly you had two brothers. Your smile grew slightly bigger thinking of the 'fights' you had with L.Joe back then. Then it faded away. *Appa...I miss you so much.* 

Then you slowly trudged down the steps one by one. Each step made you recall the different moments you had with the two new guys in your life. The day they pledged to protect you. The time the two of them took you to the beach. How L.Joe always irritated you in school. Then JunHyung and L.Joe would always argue with each other. The time L.Joe confessed to you.... then disappeared the next day.

*I really thought i would lose him..*

Who knew the two of you were going to be an item. Then again, what happened? 

 

*What happened to us?* youfinally reached the bottom of the stairs. 

 

"Do you want me to send you there?" HongKi's voice pulled you back into reality. 

It took you a while to realise what he was saying. You bit your lower lips, "Can you help me bring my luggage to Jiyong Oppa? I need to meet someone before i leave.." 

HongKi knew straight away who you were referring to. HongKi nodded his head in approval and you took your bag and skateboard. With that, you skate off.  

 

------------------------------------

 

You stopped right in front of the small building and you looked up at the sign, 'Baby Mart'. You looked back down to the entrance and there you saw Zelo running out of the building. His blonde baby curls were bouncing to the rhythm of his motions. He was wearing a simple white shirt with a little graffiti with black sweatpants and a red parka. 

"Hey. What's up?  How are things? Did L.Joe hyung come back?" Zelo bombard questions as soon as he came out. 

You gave a meek smile as you looked him. You stayed silent, he knew nothing about you moving or leaving him. You felt really guilt telling him at the last minute just before you were leaving. You were worried about his reaction. What it he cried?! 

"Uh... I'm fine.. but, i guess things are not going...too well." You tried to choose your words wisely. 

Zelo just nodded, "Right..." Zelo glanced at his watch as though he was in a hurry. 

You grew curious, "Do you need to be somewhere?" 

"Huh? No! No not me. Uh...A friend! He needs to meet someone around this time. It's VERY important." Zelo ranted. 

Your eyes rounded as were shocked by his sudden raise in tone, "Ok..."

"Sorry." Zelo rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "You wanted to tell me something right? What is it?"

When you remembered why you were there in the first place made you sick in the stomach. You started to bit on your lower lip and you were lost for words. You ended up playing with your shoes. 

Zelo bent down a little to meet your eyes, "~~~~~-ah?" 

"Zelo..." You croaked. Immediately Zelo knew something was wrong. He knew you too well although he only met for a year. "What's wrong?" Zelo held on both your shoulders.

"Zelo...I'm...moving to Europe...France to be exact." You looked down onto the ground, ashamed.

"Moving? Whoa. Whoa. Wait, Moving?! EUROPE?! When?!" Zelo was astonished.

You stood still, yours head still hung low. "Tonight..."  You whispered loud enough for him to hear you.

Zelo's eyes widened even more. "T-tonight? Why?!"

"I need time off Zelo..." Your voice softly trembled as you looked up into his eyes.

 Zelo felt his blood rush, "YOU'RE BEING SELFISH! WHAT ABOUT YOUR BROTHER?! WHAT ABOUT L.JOE HYUNG?! DOES L.JOE HYUNG KNOW?!" 

Your whole body shook as Zelo was yelling. It was the first time he was yelling at you. Upon seeing your frightened expression, Zelo softened and let go of you. You simply stood there; frozen like a statue. Zelo took a step back as YongGuk came out of the Mart. 

 

"What happened?" He looked at you and Zelo. Zelo simply looked away trying to calm himself down. YongGuk walked towards you and placed his hand on your shoulder lightly. 

"You alright?" He asked, "Zelo. What happened?" No one answered. 

"I...I need to catch the bus. My flight's at 8, I hope you can be there Zelo. I'll be taking my leave now.." You mumbled and hastily walked off. 

"Yah! ~~~~-ah!" YongGuk tried to stop you but you kept walking and took the turn at the corner towards the bus stop. 

 

"ZELO! What's going on? What flight? Where is she going?" YongGuk asked Zelo but Zelo was too pre-occupied with his own thoughts. 

 

*She's leaving.. She's leaving..She's leaving... Hyung! She's leaving!* 

 

In a flash, Zelo was running down the streets heading to the only one that might be able to stop you from leaving. He dug into his pockets and grabbed his phone. He was searching his contact list at the same time as he was running down those streets to the other side of the neighbourhood.  

 

*Damn it move faster Zelo!*

 

He kept scrolling down the list and finally he found it. He pushed the call button and placed his phone to his ear.

Riiing Riiing Riiing

His lungs burned. His heart pumped hard. 

Riiing Riiing Riiing

*Pick up the phone bastard!*

 

"Hello?" The other line answered. 

"You stupid bastard! Where are you?!" Zelo hissed but half of his felt relieved. 

"I'm outside the house, I'm going to apologise. You were right Zelo, i was some dumb being childish over some sm-" L.Joe started blabbering. 

"YOU GET YOUR SORRY TO THE BUS STOP NEAR THE SEVEN ELEVEN STORE NOW! SHE'S ON HER WAY TO INCHEON AIRPORT!" 

"Incheon A-airport?" L.Joe was shocked. 

"SHE'S MOVING TO FRANCE TONIGHT! GET TO HER NOW OR YOU'LL REGRET IT ALL YOUR LIFE!" 

France? Move?" 

"YES MOVE YOUR TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE NOW!" 

L.Joe flinched at Zelo's voice. It was a wake up call for him. "Hanging up." 

Zelo let out a sigh in relief as he was trying to regain his breath. 

"And Zelo..Thanks." 

A smile grew on Zelo's lips, "Go!" beep.

 

Zelo glanced around the area to find somewhere he could sit. He saw a bench near by and he groggily walked towards it. His legs gave in and he collapsed on the bench. His chest moved up and down following his breathing. He gazed up into the blue and bright sky. 

*Don't leave yet..He still loves you..don't make me regret giving you up.*

 

 

___________________