II. The Unexpected Encounter

You’re My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWO

T h e  U n e x p e c t e d  E n c o u n t e r

 

“Too bad she wasn't Cinderella,” the younger one guffawed mockingly. “We would've been able to watch a great show ahead.” He sat back in his seat, trailing his fingertips at the brim of the glass, observing the Chateau Margaux wine held in his hold. “If she was Cinderella, it would’ve been less enthralling, isn’t it?” He snickered in response. She’s wasn’t some damsel in distress, let alone being Cinderella wasn’t even possible. She needed no hero, she was quick-witted and unpredictable which led him hanging onto the dangerous loose rope knowing that it would snap any moment but still tightening his hold onto it, to witness the happenings right before it snaps into halved.

 

“Any idea who's the chosen one?” The younger one muses, twirling his glass of wine gracefully in his hold. “Only time will tell, brother.” The older male smirked triumphantly at the younger male. “Patience brother, patience.”

 

He had a rough idea of who is the chosen one, it was either one of the Bae’s sisters. He could only attest his suspicions when the younger one of the sisters acquired her power. Bae Seohyun, he did a background check on the girl and he would concede that he was regaled with the outcome he has gotten. It was exactly akin to how the people had disclosed to him that she was a mysterious young lady, that her personality seems to be aberrantly cold, distant and that when he went on with it. There were only information’s of her status, family background, other than that— nothing else was found, not even if she’s close with anyone specifically.

 

Nobody knew what was hiding under that cold exterior of hers if no one knew he would’ve to ascertain for it himself. Rumours stated that she’s a cold-hearted ice princess, who doesn’t speak much therefore many were feared of speaking to her—even to the extent of being proximate to her or even locking a contact with her eyes. Is she really that intimidating? Then, if that's the case he's obliged to use his powers, unmasking her facade in disguise.

 

“Time will tell, huh?” The younger male tilting the glass towards his lips as he tasted the sophisticated wine, with it burning down its way his throat gradually. Time, he knew that his brother was concealing something, his brother couldn't get away from his pair of discerning eyes. When he mentioned about the chosen one, his brother's eyebrows scrunched a little and he darted his eyes instantaneously at the glass of wine which was in his hold before regaining his composure. He's not imparting something to him but he just couldn't pinpoint the something. Would it be something forbidden, and he will discover it out for himself. “The chosen one, I wonder who it would be?” He smirked in regalement, letting his glass clattered against the smooth surface of the table.

 

She isn't Cinderella, yet her circumstances were precisely like it. Han Seohyun, just exactly who are you?

 

 

Hastening footsteps— servants sprinting back and forth down the hallway, all kinds of cosmetic products being laid on my dressing table, dresses tossed about on my bed, a variety designs of stilettos placed tidily in a row at the isolated corner of my bedroom. I knew it, there’d be hidden meanings in father’s words. Unlike me, he wasn’t that unpredictable; ever since I was young I’ve this ability to sense the underlying meaning hidden underneath the words that people have spoken of. Seulhyun was no exception since we were birth sisters I could effortlessly detect any malicious intentions hidden beneath her words— especially her gestures, it was such a give off.

 

I don’t understand why, I’m supposed to be doll up for—right, it was for the annual supernatural grand ball. What’s more up, it’s situation why he wouldn’t want me to disgrace the — the ball was held few hours ahead of my birthday, that’s was upper-rank royal family, the Bae’s family; his empire. My family reputation relied on the different generations abilities, and I was very much expected to be less powerful than the elder one of the siblings but simultaneously equally potent and the unchosen one.

 

“Omma! What right does she have to wear that dress for tonight?” Seulhyun squawked in irritation in the middle of the hallway with Mother chasing after her from behind, just when she was about to stride pass my bedroom, a hint of malice glint was directed at me. “She has every right to wear this dress Bae Seulhyun, she’s your sister.” That’s when Mother lose it, “That spawn of a devil is my sister?!”

 

“Funny, because the last time I recall the word sister and Bae Seohyun isn’t supposed to be a complete sentence!” She stopped in her tracks, holding a glaring contest— her eyes throwing daggers at me, as she hollered back at Mother. “Bae Seulhyun, watch the tone you’re speaking to me! Is that what we have raise you up, for you to raise your voice back at me?” She countered back, face flushing crimson red with all that anger running through her veins. Mother wasn’t an easy woman she seems to be, well one’s appearance could be deceiving.

 

Spawn of a devil? I doubt that she was describing of her own character. Can’t I just have a placid day, especially on today? Her piercing voice had ruined my day with her whining away like a baby she is, I wonder who’s the older one here?

 

Vulnerability. My eyes averted its contact with her in split seconds, “It’s fine mother, she can have the dress if she wants it.”  Constraining out a smile at the situation, “I can choose from the other dresses for another.” Seulhyun widen her as eyes in dismay as if she has seen a ghost, this is a first she has discerned me conceded defeat to her. “No that’s it, Seohyun you’ll have that dress for tonight and that is final.” With that mother ambled off promptly, leaving Seulhyun at the entrance of my room. “.” I know what I’m doing, you don’t have to let me know.

 

“Enough Bae Seulhyun! Know your limits!” Mother roared back afar, ops. I guess she overheard the word that spilled out of her lips.

 

“Seo?” Ahreum tapped on my shoulder gently, “You okay there? You seem kind of out of it.” She puckered her lips, furrowing her eyebrows, a sheer of anxiety was flashed in her face. “By any chance your feet’s hurting because of your stilettos?” I shook my head, “I guess I’m just not ready?” I muttered under my breath, knowing that Ahreum would’ve caught on with the discerning ears of hers. I’m hundred and one percent sure that she comprehends what I’m getting at. She always knows what’s at the forefront of my thoughts, this is well expected from a mind reader like her. Nonetheless, with her ability she would still give me the privacy of not invading into my mind; reading of every single detail flowing out.

 

Ahreum is the one out of many people I can trust in this world. She’s always in all ears when you’re having an arduous time and I’m grateful for that aspect. Back to when the time we first met, she was all frightened by my presence for some reason, which I’ve yet found out. I’ve grown up, keeping any heartfelt feelings in me which was the primary reason many petrified me. I wasn’t well loved by many but a couple like my grandma and my close friends Ahreum and Chorong. A seer once told me, that I maybe not loved by many but the love I would receive would be genuine love. Over the long haul, Ahreum warmed up to me, and we became this proximate until this day. 

 

“I’m sure you’ll be fine Seohyun, you’ve me and Chorong here for you.” Smiling creepy and cheekily at me, oh no she isn’t doing that. Just before I could’ve ducked away from her, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter