Loyal

What U Need

top!junmyeon

 

Yixing covers his ears and in his breath when his female coworkers around him squeal—very high pitched and loud too, he adds. The 25 year old sighs. Sure, their boss is hot, rich, handsome, kind, sweet, mochi (whatever that means)—they came up with the list, not Yixing—but still! Is this how grown ups should act in a professional working environment? They’re not in high school anymore! Do they have no shame?

“God,” the woman next to him moans as she drops herself on her chair, “how can he be so hot and so single?”

Yixing chuckles and shakes his head, his busy fingers back to the keyboard as soon as the squealing stops. “Victoria, you’re married.”

“Your point?” Victoria grins and Yixing mirrors her. This woman never fails to entertain the young man. She slides her chair closes and whispers, “Hey, you’re kinda hot and kinda single too. Why don’t…?”

“Stop doing what you’re doing up there,” Yixing stops typing, turns to her and pokes the side of her head. “I know what you’re doing.”

She gives him an innocent smile. “What am I doing, exactly?”

“Something a high schooler would do. Something evil and dumb.”

“What generalization is this,” Victoria protests. “Mind you I was—“

Yixing cuts her off, finishing her sentence for her, “—yeah yeah. Best of the best. Nothing but the best. What else?”

“Your best friend too.” Yixing rolls his eyes. Funny story actually. Victoria’s little brother was Yixing’s best friend and Yixing hung out a lot at their place. Over the years, Yixing got closer to Victoria instead. Because Renjun was a little piece of . But that’s a different story. “Yixing,” Victoria whines. “It’s no fun being the only one married, go get yourself a man too!”

“I’m still young,” Yixing replies, eyes back onto his computer screen. “Besides, no one is compatible with someone kinda hot like me.”

Victoria whistles, “well—“

“No means no, jie,” Yixing pulls out his secret weapon and Victoria slumps. The ‘jie’ card. “Come on, finish up your work and bring it in for Mr. Kim to sign so you can go back early and spend more time with your son, hm?”

“Fine,” Victoria huffs and slides her chair back to where it originally was. “But don’t come crying when you’re 40 and still single.”

 

 

-

 

 

But of course, when does Victoria not come up with dumb ideas. And when does Yixing not listen to Victoria?

It’s a beautiful Sunday morning, a perfect day and perfect weather to sleep in, mind you! Sadly, Yixing isn’t in bed and he isn’t in his most comfortable clothes. Instead, he’s out here in some café and he has his tight black jeans on.

He’s on some blind date. His first blind date. And while Yixing likes to think that he doesn’t care about this, he does, because hey, what if Victoria finally does something right, for once? What if, he is meeting his soulmate? He wants to leave a good impression. Plus, a reminder, today is a beautiful Sunday morning, nothing can possibly ruin it.

Except, his boss is standing right in front of him.

“Hello.”

“M-Mr. Kim!” Yixing stands up abruptly, the back of his thighs push his chair back so hard it almost falls over. The young man is freaking out while his boss, on the other hand, is still sporting his famous bright smile. “W-what are you doing here?”

Mr. Kim chuckles and Yixing sees how attractive the man is. Oh. He guesses this is why every lady in the office is all over him. It’s not that Yixing doesn’t know his boss is handsome, he does! It’s just that… he’s never seen his boss… in a tropical print top… before—I mean, he just never seen his boss outside of the company before. Damn, that shirt is distracting.

“Well, I saw you sitting alone when I walked in so I thought I’d come over to say hi. We’ve never really met outside before, huh?”

Yixing can’t stop staring at that hideous cloth. Noticing the 5 seconds silence, Yixing snaps out of it and looks back up. “O-oh! Yes. What a coincidence, ha-ha.”

There he goes smiling again, Yixing whines in his head. Stop smiling. “Yeah. Well! Actually, I’m here because I got set up for some blind date. Can’t say no to my sister,” the man laughs and looks around. “I—“

“No…” Yixing says suddenly and Junmyeon turns back to him.

“I beg your pardon?”

“No…” Yixing’s eyes widen and he looks like he’s about to have a panic attack—or like he’s about to kill someone, Mr. Kim isn’t sure. “Victoria.”

“Is something wrong? Victoria?”

Yixing takes a deep breath and the other man is worried, the frown evident on his face. “Mr. Kim. What happens if your, well, uhm, blind date doesn’t show up?”

Mr. Kim thinks about it for a second before shoving his hands into his jean pockets. “Well, I guess I’ll just get myself a coffee and go home. I’ll be a little disappointed though… I woke up so early even though it is such a good day—“

“To sleep in,” Yixing breathes and the man nods with a smile. Yixing sighs. Then, he holds his hand out. “Hello, Mr. Kim, I’m Zhang Yixing.”

The man is confused but he reaches out to shake Yixing’s hand anyway. “Hello. I’m Kim Junmyeon?”

“I’m your blind date.”

It only takes a few seconds for it to sink in and Junmyeon’s grip around Yixing’s hand tightens. “Nice to meet you.”

 

 

-

 

 

Junmyeon turns out to be the perfect boyfriend. He is Yixing’s morning alarm. He picks Yixing up and drives him to work. He is the child Yixing wished he had because finally someone to nag when lunchtime comes around, lunch is important! He is sweet to the ladies at work but never crosses the line since Yixing will get jealous. He accepts Victoria’s teases well and promises her to take good care of him. He makes sure Yixing eats dinner and then brings him back home.

Now that Yixing thinks about it, why was Junmyeon single for so long?

“I was too busy at work,” Junmyeon answers, eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel, “I was too busy to meet new people too but when my sister brought up the blind date, I couldn’t say no—well, I had no excuses, I finally had a free Sunday.”

“You could’ve stayed in and slept the entire day. It was a perfect day to rest.”

Junmyeon takes a quick glance at Yixing. “And missed out on a the chance to meet you? My Xing Xing? My bunny? My soulmate? Never,” he says teasingly because he knows how Yixing gets embarrassed when he’s cheesy.

“I hate you,” Yixing whines and Junmyeon can sees how flushed his boyfriend’s cheeks are.

The older man reaches out to grab the other’s hand and pulls it closer to kiss the back of his hand. “I love you.”

 

 

-

 

 

But no matter how perfect Junmyeon is or how happy he makes Yixing, there will come a day where he’ll disappoint his lover. Like, today.

Sure, they had arguments, but never anything serious. Or at least, they forgive each other when dinnertime comes around. But today, they didn’t have dinner together because Junmyeon had to be at some business dinner. And here Yixing is, sitting on their newly bought sofa in their new apartment, staring at the front door.

It’s past midnight and the man hasn’t even called! Yixing frowns and he hits the cushion next to him. It’s Junmyeon’s favorite bunny cushion and Yixing punches it, imagining it to be his boyfriend.

“How dare you worry me so much!” Yixing huffs, almost teary-eyed. “I called you so many times!”

You’d think that Yixing’s going to end up sleeping on the sofa while he waits for Junmyeon, but no, Yixing isn’t that type. He can’t sleep when he’s too worried; too worried that Junmyeon might be in some sort of trouble, too worried that some might drug him and take him home. Yixing gasps. What if—

The loud knock on the door surprises Yixing and it isn’t even a normal fist on the door knock. It actually sounds like someone just ran into the door.

“Ah…”

Yixing perks up when he hears that familiar voice. It’s Junmyeon! He hops off the sofa and runs to the door immediately. And when he opens the door, Junmyeon’s upper body falls back and onto the ground, making him scream. Junmyeon was leaning against the door, already on the floor before the door swung open.

Yixing doesn’t need to get closer to know Junmyeon smells like someone poured a big bucket of soju over his head. He smells like cigarettes too!

Yixing wants to scream at him, he wants to scold him because he’s so worried but… who can actually get mad when Junmyeon looks like… that.

“Come on,” Yixing sighs, pitying his lover a little. It’s not his fault that he has to entertain big clients but it is his fault for not knowing his limit. Ah. But Yixing really doesn’t have the heart to be mad at him right now.

Step by step, Yixing drags his drunk as lover into the master bedroom. By the time he reaches the edge of the bed, he’s a little pissed because Junmyeon is heavy! And he stinks and—“I can’t with you!” the younger male lets go and drops Junmyeon on the bed, watching him bounce a few times before spreading his arms wide across the bed. Yixing glares at the sleeping figure.

“YOU—“

“I’m flattered!” Junmyeon says suddenly, he tries to point at Yixing but he’s off by a hell lot, “that you want to take me to bed! But I have a boyfriend who I love dearly and I won’t!” Junmyeon makes an effort to sit up but fails, he grumbles. “But I won’t cheat on him! So get away from me!”

Yixing looks at Junmyeon incredulously and when Junmyeon puts his accusing finger down after mumbling with a small pout Xing Xing would never shout at me., Yixing laughs at his lover. How can he get mad at him?

 

 

 

x thanks for all the lovely messages <3 here to say that i write both top!yixing and top!junmyeon, but i prefer top!yixing (most of the time). for this chapter, i included a request from a reader + a random prompt i found online so i hope you guys like it! will be writing bunnies!xingmyeon next :)