New Bunny in Town

What U Need

topbunny!junmyeon

 

The moment their owner, Sehun, wishes them goodnight, turns off the light and goes into his room, the four pets gather underneath the coffee table. They stay quiet as they listen to the sound coming from the master bedroom; they hear the soft thumps of the human’s feet, the calm flow of the water and soon they hear the loud creak of the bed.

The coast is clear! Lovebird Baekhyun hops forward and bunny Junmyeon panics. Damn that bird! He never listens to Junmyeon’s orders.

“Come back here!” the white fluff hisses but the lovebird doesn’t listen. “Kyungsoo! Control your mate!”

The other lovebird tilts his head at Junmyeon. “You know he never listens to anyone.” Kyungsoo has a point and Junmyeon sighs. They’re supposed to come up with a plan before approaching the—whatever the heck Sehun brought back this time. That kid sure loves animals.

“What if it’s a s-snake,” kitty Jongdae says, oh he hates those creatures, “we need to save Baekhyun! Snakes eat birds!”

“Even you won’t eat Baekhyun,” Junmyeon states, “besides, I feel sorry for whatever that is because the first pet he or she is going to meet is Baekhyun.”

Before the three make a move to stop Baekhyun, the excited lovebird is already hopping back. He looks even happier, if that’s possible.

“You guys won’t believe this!” he chips and positions himself next to Kyungsoo, who nuzzles into him. “Guess! Guess what Sehun brought home!”

“A s-snake?” Jongdae whispers.

Baekhyun shakes his head. “Nope! Something… less slimy!”

“A hamster, maybe? You always wanted a hamster as our neighbor,” Kyungsoo speaks next but his mate shakes his head again.

“Nope! But it’s fluffy like a hamster!” Baekhyun grins when he turns to look at Junmyeon. “Take a guess, old bunny.”

Junmyeon frowns. “I’m not old,” he mutters. He refuses to answer but seeing how excited Baekhyun is, he sighs and gives in. “I don’t know, a dog?”

“Not a dog!” Jongdae frowns.

“Oh, oh not a puppy, you’re safe, Jongdae!” Baekhyun announces and the cat sighs in relief. Then, the lovebird flies and lands on Junmyeon’s head. “You on the other hand…”

“Can we stop with the suspense already?” Junmyeon huffs and shakes his head, trying to get Baekhyun of him but Baekhyun is unbothered.

Baekhyun pecks Junmyeon’s head and the bunny jumps slightly before glaring at the mean little thing! “Go take a look!”

And of course, Junmyeon hops forward with the other two trailing behind him. When they reach the new cage in the corner, Kyungsoo and Jongdae smile at the sight of their new friend.

Junmyeon, on the other hand…

“How exciting!” Baekhyun sings and their new friend stirs, probably woken by the noise. Junmyeon nose twitches as the fluffy thing turns around and then, time stops when he meets the pair of eyes. “Go say hi, Junmyeon!”

Junmyeon’s ears drop low. It’s like he’s looking into the mirror.

“Hello,” the new pet says softly, “I’m Yixing!”

 

 

-

 

 

Yixing is, well, just like Junmyeon. White. And fluffy. But Junmyeon has long ears whereas Yixing has short ears. Yixing has something Junmyeon doesn’t have! A black cotton ball tail, which is funny—but cute! Baekhyun chirps—Junmyeon just can’t stop staring at his behind.

At 8, their owner comes out of his room and walks into the kitchen to prepare breakfast as usual. The pets hop out of their cage and follow the human. Yixing, who is lying comfortable in his own cage, looks confused when they rush into another room. Should he follow?

He’s about to get up when Sehun peeks out of the kitchen and smiles at him. Yixing twitches his nose and gets on his paws, wanting a hug from the human.

“Good morning, I hope you slept well,” Sehun coos and picks him up. “It’s breakfast time. You’ll get used to the routine and join your friends soon. They’re usually very happy in the morning because they want food.”

Sehun brings Yixing into the kitchen and places him down next to Junmyeon. Yixing looks at the others, who have their face buried in their own bowl, and waits for Sehun to come with his own food.

Soon, a bowl is placed in front of him and Yixing hops forward, putting his front paws on the bowl. “Cabbage!” Yixing loves cabbage.

Seeing how his babies are eating well, Sehun smiles proudly at himself and moves away to prepare breakfast to fill his own growling stomach.

“You’re not a picky eater, Yixing!” Jongdae giggles and Junmyeon, who is somewhat affected by that comment, glares at the cat.

Kyungsoo laughs. “Yeah, old gramps over there threw a fit when Sehun fed him cabbage the first time.”

“I did not throw a fit!” Junmyeon protests, dropping a small chunk of carrot.

“Yeah, right,” Baekhyun throws a seed at Junmyeon, which hits his head, “you hid under the mat and wouldn’t come out.”

Junmyeon sulks and goes back to his food. His morning mood shouldn’t be ruined by those meanies anyway.

“I understand,” Yixing tells Junmyeon unexpectedly and Junmyeon blinks before looking over to the smaller bunny, “carrot is my favorite as well.”

Yixing gives Junmyeon a small smile and goes back to munching on his cabbage. The older rabbit feels warm and fuzzy, he thinks the new kid isn’t bad at all.

Junmyeon nudges his own bowl closer to Yixing and the smaller bunny looks startled by the sudden action. “You can have some.”

Yixing looks down at the beautiful chopped up carrots and then looks back up at Junmyeon. His short ears start twitching as well. “Thank you.”

 

 

-

 

 

It’s 7:45 in the morning and usually, Junmyeon doesn’t wake up until he hears the sound of Sehun’s door opening. His eyes open slowly and all he sees is a black… cotton ball. He looks up, trying not to startle the bunny above him though…

It has been a few months and throughout the winter, Yixing and Junmyeon have gotten really close. So close to the point that Sehun finds his new pet napping in old gramp Junmyeon’s cage almost every evening when he gets back from school. Junmyeon’s cage is too small for two bunnies of course, so Sehun decides to just give away his two small cages and buys a larger one for both of them instead since Yixing just loves being with Junmyeon. Other than Sehun, the other pets are surprised at Junmyeon behavior too. They knew Yixing was a sweetheart since the very beginning, but Junmyeon? Junmyeon is a really grumpy bunny. So to see Junmyeon accepting Yixing’s cuddles and even starting to eat cabbage—that’s—

“So whipped,” Junmyeon sighs as he drops his chin on his fluffy front paws, “I’m so whipped.”

Yixing stirs above him and Junmyeon hopes he doesn’t wake up. You see, Yixing had a nightmare last night—something about the carrots on Sehun’s field going bad—and didn’t fall asleep until 3 in the morning. They have 15 minutes more before Sehun comes out to prepare breakfast, Yixing needs more sleep.

“Good morning, Junnie,” Yixing sighs into Junmyeon’s fur and gets off him, optioning to cuddle next to him instead.

“Good morning,” Junmyeon greets back. Yixing frowns even when his eyes are closed and Junmyeon sees that. “Another nightmare?”

The smaller bunny shakes his head and moves closer. “No,” he sighs and tries to go back to sleep, “thank you for last night, Junnie. And you were a hero in my next dream, it was a good dream.”

Junmyeon feels his heart swelling with happiness and pride. A hero. Yixing’s hero. No one in this house ever calls him that. “You’re welcome… Xingxing.”

And there it is, Junmyeon’s favorite smile. Yixing pushes his head under Junmyeon’s head, finding this position more comfortable, and very warm. Plus, his crush just gave him a cute nickname. “You’re better than carrots and cabbage,” Yixing mumbles and Junmyeon blushes. Does this mean Junmyeon is his favorite now?

 

 

 

x because i love bunnies!sulay