Shy Boy

What U Need

top!yixing sort of?

 

Junmyeon likes Yixing.

Junmyeon also likes dancing to cute Kpop songs.

Junmyeon keeps both secrets well, though.

“So,” Sehun drawls after pulling one of Junmyeon’s earbuds out, “when are you going to stop bouncing to girl groups jams and confess to Yixing hyung?”

Apparently, not well enough.

Junmyeon sighs and snatches his earbud back from his childhood friend’s fingers. “Never?”

Sehun tilts his head. “Is that some new song from SISTAR?”

“No,” Junmyeon snorts as he exits from his music app. Jesus, Sehun, go away. “Aren’t you supposed to be at some dance rehearsal—“

“—with Yixing hyung? Yeah.”

“Can you stop mentioning him?”

“Yixing hyung?”

“Sehun.”

“Yixing hyung!”

“Stop it!”

“Hey, Sehun,” Junmyeon hears a familiar voice coming from behind. . He gulps. “Junmyeon.”

Sehun smirks at his cousin brother’s scrunched up face and that's when Junmyeon hopes he just disappears into the ground. The older boy bites his lower lip and then looks up from where he’s sitting. His crush is just above him, staring down at him. .

“H-hey, Yixing,” Junmyeon manages to greet back and that earns a chuckle from Yixing. Junmyeon laughs awkwardly.

“Isn’t your neck hurting?” Yixing asks as he continues to smile down at Junmyeon, who is still looking up at him, neck bent to the back.

“I—“

Sehun snorts this time. “I’m sure he’s been practicing this position. You know, looking up at you while he’s on his knees—.”

Junmyeon chucks his phone at Sehun and tilts his head back down to glare at his good-for-nothing baby cousin. After all the bubble tea he fed that little ! Ungrateful brat.

“Hyung!” Sehun whines, Junmyeon’s phone in one hand while the other rubs the spot on his chest where the phone hits. “It hurts,” the baby pouts.

“Yeah? You better be thanking heavens I didn’t shove it down your throat.”

“I bet you want something shoved down yours—OW!”

Junmyeon is now on Sehun’s laps, about to choke— that is until Yixing laughs and hooks his arms under Junmyeon’s armpits, pulling him up.

“Okay, that’s it, babies,” Yixing carries Junmyeon up to his feet and pat his head. “Stop fighting. Sehun, we gotta go.”

The youngest sticks his tongue out at the oldest, earning himself another glare. “Let’s go, Yixing hyung. We need to leave this monster before he kills me.”

“You—“ The rest is caught in Junmyeon’s throat when Yixing slips an arm around his waist and pulls him back again. His back now pressed against Yixing’s front. He sighs in his head, this is heaven.

Yixing gives Sehun a look and tilts his head to where the exit is. “Stop teasing your hyung and lets go. We’re late.”

Sehun rolls his eyes and grabs his bag pack. If I have to see them act like lovebirds for another second and not confess, I’m gonna have to shoot myself. “I’m not the only one teasing.”

When Sehun slings his bag pack over his shoulder and steps out of the room, Yixing lets Junmyeon go and smiles at him again. “See ya?”

Junmyeon nods stiffly. “Yes.”

As Yixing makes his way, Junmyeon watches him leave of course. He lets out a dreamy sigh and as soon as the door closes, Junmyeon snaps out of it and stares at his phone on the floor. He huffs and picks it up, shoving his earbuds in. Then, he scrolls through his dance playlist and chooses Secret’s Shy Boy—one of his favorite song to dance to, hello?

The moment the bop comes on, Junmyeon shuts his eyes and jumps around the room, humming to it. He doesn't realize that Yixing is watching him through the small window.

“So when are you going to confess?” Sehun snaps suddenly and Yixing chuckles, giving Sehun a small shove. “What?”

“I like how we are now,” Yixing says honestly with a grin. “I get to watch him from a distance, I think he’s cute like that.”

“Uhm, yeah but? If you confess,” Sehun comes closer and pushes Yixing slightly to the side so he can watch his cousin brother bouncing around like an idiot through the small window too, “he might drop those cutesy songs and give you a private strip show instead.”

Yixing laughs. “Nah, I’m good with his cute side.”

“Ugh, weirdos. I’m getting blue balls just by watching the both of you.”

 

 

 

 

And so, Junmyeon’s not-so-secret-secrets continue to live. No one has the heart to tell the sweetheart that yes, Junmyeon, we know you jump to girl groups songs and think that Yixing’s the most perfect human being on earth.

Not even Yixing. Call Zhang Yixing selfish but he likes how he gets to see Junmyeon dance so carelessly—he might be a little crazy sometimes and gets a little funny when he pretends to perform in front of an audience on stage but hey, it’s cute?

“You have the Junmyeon-is-the-cutest-thing-alive face on, please stop,” Sehun says in disgust. “It’s almost like you’re to the image of my cousin brother in your head, it’s disturbing.”

Yixing rolls his eyes at the younger man. “No one asked you to look at me.”

Sehun deadpans, “you’re right in front of me.”

Yixing leans in, “rehearsal’s over, go home.”

Sehun dares to lean closer, “confess.”

“Uhm.” Junmyeon doesn’t know what to feel when he sees those two in this situation. Their nose are almost touching and did Sehun just say confess? “Am I interrupting something?”

Sehun smirks and cranes his head a little forward to brush the tip of his nose with Yixing, which makes both Junmyeon and Yixing’s eyes pop wide open. “Confess,” Sehun whispers low enough for Yixing to hear and winks before getting up. “Okay, hyung, lets go home.”

Yixing stays still, obviously confused by the action, while Junmyeon dies a little inside. Does… does Sehun like Yixing too? But…

“Lets go, hyung,” Sehun says and links his arm with Junmyeon, dragging an unwilling Junmyeon with him.

Junmyeon can only look sadly at his crush, who is still dazed and isn’t even looking at him!

It isn’t until the door closes shut that Yixing snaps out of it. . That little . Now Junmyeon probably thinks I like Sehun.

You’re right, Yixing, you’re right.

 

 

 

 

Two weeks have passed since the awkward meeting. Junmyeon has been avoiding Yixing and Yixing knows why, of course. The man has been trying to kick Sehun’s every time they have dance rehearsal but Sehun doesn’t back down. “Confess,” is the only thing he says after Yixing tries to pull his arm out of its socket.

“Ugh!” Yixing grunts and gets off from straddling Sehun’s back. “You piece of !”

“You’re welcome!” Sehun shouts after he sits up and watches Yixing leave as the poor man tugs on his own hair. “I want to be your best man at your wedding with hyung! Lord knows Junmyeon hyung gonna force his best man to wear something unacceptable,” Sehun mumbles the last part with disgust.

 

 

 

 

It’s driving Yixing nuts because he hasn’t seen Junmyeon for two weeks and it’s torture. Junmyeon being cute is practically his source of energy, without his cuteness, Yixing can’t function at all!

Okay, that’s a little exaggerated but you’ll get it when you’re in love.

Yixing is stomping his way down the hallway when he hears a familiar song blasting from a corner. It’s muffled but he hears it. Yixing perks up and follows the sound. He stops in front a unfamiliar room just right in the corner; this room is buried so deep in he didn’t even know such room existed in this building. He peeks through the small window and then he sees his human-portable-charger.

A small smile appears on his face immediately.

If someone is watching him, it’ll probably creep him or her out.

Secret’s Shy Boy is blasting, that’s his Junmyeon’s favorite song, he knows. He watches him silently as usual but this time, he notices how his bunny isn’t as bouncy anymore. And Junmyeon earbuds are thrown in a corner, probably because the music doesn’t get to him anymore that he has to blast it out loud. Still, it isn’t enough.

Then, Junmyeon stops jumping and pouts at the floor. His crush is sad, something is wrong, he knows it.

Just when Junmyeon is about to force himself to continue, the door swings open and Yixing jumps his way in. Junmyeon is startled as first and even more confused when Yixing turns the music louder and grabs his hands. Yixing is jumping to the music, just like how he usually does it—maybe a little better, and Junmyeon wants to pull away to stop the music.

But Yixing shakes his head and pull Junmyeon back. At that exact moment, the slow part comes on and Yixing squeezes Junmyeon’s hands.

“I love you, shy boy, I love you,” Yixing sings along and Junmyeon feels himself tearing up. “Don’t be so innocent like that and come a little closer to me.”

Junmyeon laughs—and he probably snorted but it’s okay, Yixing thinks it’s very cute.

But someone else doesn’t.

“Jesus Christ, I can hear this mating call all the way from the other end of the building, get a room,” Sehun yells over the music and slams the door close.

1, 2, 3, 4, I love you
Now tell me that you love me, shy boy

“I love you, my shy boy,” Yixing mouths while the music continues to blast loudly in the background.

 

 

 

x go listen to secret's shy boy, it's really cute ヽ(´▽`)/