(Bloody) Time of the Month

What U Need

fem!junmyeon

 

Junmyeon has never been good in dealing with her emotions when it comes to the time of the month. It’s normal, yes? To feel god-damn emotional when the bloody (ha-ha) time of the month hits you but the thing is, Junmyeon dislikes the idea of people having to deal with her emotional breakdown—that happens much too often. Even though people around her, who love her dearly, have told her that, “Hey, we don’t mind.” Yes, Junmyeon answers all the time, but I do. It isn’t like she’s afraid of being seen as weak when the tears fall down too suddenly, or that friends get to see the hell-side of her when something doesn’t go her way. No. It’s—

“It’s just my way of dealing with… this,” Junmyeon says slowly while her boyfriend stares at her, he looks very confused but he’s listening. “It’s not your problem, it’s mine.”

Yixing chuckles. “You’re not breaking up with me, right?” Junmyeon knows he’s joking so she frowns and hits his arm. He gives her a cheeky grin and pulls her in for a hug. “Because that’s an awful, not to mention cliché, excuse to break up, missy. And you need to come up with a better line to get rid of me.”

“I’m trying to be very serious here,” Junmyeon sighs into her boyfriend’s chest, she feels so safe and warm in his hold. Maybe this… PMS break thing isn’t the best idea. “And it’s not just you that I’ll stay away from. My parents know this, my best friends too.”

Yixing kisses the top of her head and she sighs. “I know, sweetheart. But what if I don’t want to leave you alone.”

“It’s not even for a very long time, think of it as a break?” Junmyeon tries to comfort the man, caressing his back for assurance. “A week of freedom? Look you can even stay out with Sehun and Jongin for as late as you want and you don’t have to tell me. You can even go have some drinks with them, hit the pubs—but don’t hit on chicks I swear I—“

“Mm, how nice of you to think that I’d ever do that,” Yixing cuts her off immediately and Junmyeon can hear the smirk in his voice. The man holds her closer and buries his nose into her hair. “But nah, I’m good with what I have.”

Junmyeon smiles into his chest and tightens her arms around her man. They’ve only been together for two weeks and she doesn’t think she is ready to be apart from him yet but this is like tradition!

“You sure you don’t need me to be by your side 24/7?” his calm voice catches her attention, “you might need me to get you food, feed you water and satisfy you with ?”

Junmyeon pulls back instantly and gives Yixing’s chest a few slaps as he laughs at her reaction.

“Stop it,” he catches her hands and when she stops struggling, he kisses the back of her fists.

The pout soon fades away and she hisses, “I’m not some in heat. This isn’t funny!”

“Mhmm,” Yixing continues to press a few kisses on her hands, first the left, then the right. “You’re right. Just trying to lighten the mood,” he explains and leans in to peck the tip of her nose. “And I can already see the PMS kicking in.”

Junmyeon sighs. Yes. She knows how her boyfriend is, with his constant jokes and his cheeky self, but she can’t help it. She already feels bad. This is why it’s best if he gives her some space too. It’s normal to be emotional but she hates the fact that those around her have to deal with her mood swings and get random lashes from her when they’re not at fault. She tends to get mad at the smallest things too and she regrets yelling at someone after she’s done. Junmyeon is just not… Junmyeon when she’s on her period. So, staying away is the best solution. At least, that’s what Junmyeon thinks.

 

 

-

 

 

Junmyeon works from home so being away from everyone else for a week every month isn’t a problem. It may sound ridiculous for many people but Junmyeon actually loves being at home for a week and not having to leave her place. The night before every “PMS break”, she’ll drive to the nearest supermarket and stock on food. It’s just like hibernation.

This time around, it’s different because Yixing goes food-stocking with her. Other than the usual snacks that she always gets, Yixing piles up the trolley with more real food so this time, she goes back with four big bags of food instead of just two. It’s okay because Yixing is there to help her carry those bags and put all the food away in the kitchen.

“I’ll miss you,” Yixing has his arms around her waist and he’s looking down at her with a small pout. She rolls her eyes. She never rolls her eyes at him. “Is this the Kim Junmyeon I asked to be my girlfriend?” he gasps, “is this it? Your evil twin comes out when you’re PMS-ing?”

“Yeah, yeah,” she snaps and immediately bites her lower lips. She can already feel the short-tempered side of her coming out. Junmyeon whimpers, hoping her boyfriend will leave soon so he doesn’t get to experience more of this. “I’ll text you…”

“Hey,” Yixing coos and puts a finger under her chin, tilting her head upwards. “It’s really not that bad. I grew up with five cousin sisters, remember? Trust me, I know what I’m signing up for when I said I want to be here for you.”

“No use convincing me, my sweet, caring, almost perfect boyfriend,” Junmyeon smirks and tip toes to give Yixing a quick kiss on the lips. “I do this all the time. Think of it as a ‘me’ time.”

Yixing chuckles and leans down, lips almost touching hers. “I think I’m starting to like this evil twin, sweetheart. You don’t tease me this often. And,” Yixing pretends to frown, “almost perfect?”

Junmyeon lets out a soft giggle and kisses him again. “Perfect when he makes it easier for me to release myself, step back and close the door on him.”

“Then, I think I’m fine being almost perfect.”

The young woman rolls her eyes again and gives her boyfriend one last kiss before making her way out of his hold. She tries her best to give him a smile even when she feels like crying and he only sighs at how forced she looks.

“Babe…”

“Goodnight,” she says and steps inside quickly.

 

 

-

 

 

The first day is the hardest, of course. Junmyeon tries to keep herself busy with her own work, good Korean dramas and snacks but she just can’t stop thinking about Yixing. Her phone beeps again and she knows very well that it is a text from Yixing. She stares at the screen, she just can’t bring herself to read his message. Not after the fact that she got mad over some ing emoji that he used.

You see, there’s this winking emoji that Yixing loves using but hell, there’s many other winking emoji out there, why must he use that ugly looking one that she hates the most!

Now, she’s just being ridiculous. And she’s aware how stupid it is. Even though she’s not annoyed anymore, she just can’t seem to forgive herself.

She spends the entire day doing her work and she is sure Yixing has sent over 30 messages by now, just to let her know what he’s doing. After dinner, she finally picks up her phone and scroll through all the texts.

 

“I miss you.”

“My dad called me into his office again :( got dragged to another business meeting too.”

“Are you sleeping, sweetheart?”

“Ah, you probably had too much snacks and you’re in a food coma right now.”

“Going out with Sehun and Jongin tonight. I miss you. I’ll text you when I’m home. Don’t stay up for me.”

 

Junmyeon sighs at his last text and sulks on her bed. “Of course he’s having fun without me. I want to be with you 24/7 my ,” she grits and flops onto her side, hugging the big bunny plushie he got her. “You’re just like every other man out there.”

But, Yixing isn’t like every other man out there. Before Junmyeon actually falls asleep, her phone beeps once more and she lazily reaches out to grab it.

 

“I love you, my princess. Don’t think too much and go sleep. Good night <3”

 

Junmyeon falls asleep with a smile on her face.

 

 

-

 

 

The second day goes by a little better. Yixing still texts her like the first day, keeping her updated on his life since she’s not by his side. Usually, they’ll have lunch together but because of this stupid break, they both have to eat lunch alone. Well, Junmyeon has to, Yixing is having lunch with his two best friends. He even sends her photos of his food and those two dorks.

By the third day, Junmyeon is too lazy to even move from her bed. This time, she realizes that other than food and water, she needs Yixing to recharge as well. She’s been low on battery ever since he left her in her own apartment.

Junmyeon is glad that Yixing is doing okay, though. She just can’t wait to have the love of her life back. She really needs someone like him in her life, life just isn’t boring with him around.

 

“Going to shoot some hoops with the boys later.”

 

Junmyeon smiles at her phone. At least he’s fine. She’s happy that he’s doing well.

But Yixing isn’t doing well. The moment he presses ‘send’ and puts his phone down, he sighs and knocks his forehead against his desk. Sehun whistles when he walks into Yixing’s office and sees this miserable sight.

“So tell me again, why is your girlfriend torturing you when Mother Nature is torturing her—and all the other women out there.”

Yixing sighs and beckons Sehun to come closer with whatever documents he has in his hand. The taller man strides across the room and hands them over, grimacing at his best friend’s form.

“Man, you’ll see her in a few days.”

Yixing drops his forehead on the desk again, only this time, he stays like that while he replies, “I miss her.”

“Okay, so? I miss my mother too and she lives hours away from me. I got over it the first week I moved out, you will too.”

“It’s different, mama’s boy.”

“What’s different? The fact that I don’t stick my di—“

Yixing gets up and stares at his best friend. “Sehun, I don’t want to hear about you sticking your anywhere, can we just not have this conversation.”

Sehun sticks his tongue out playfully. “You’re just upset because you ain’t getting any for a week. And besides,” he sighs, “she isn’t the only one who acts differently when she’s pms-ing. Look at you! We joke like this all the time! And now you’re just a ball of sadness and I’m sure if you’ll get the part in Inside Out even without auditioning. Pixar just has to, you know, turn Sadness into… a dude.”

Yixing stares at Sehun with a bored look. “Ha.”

Sehun throws his hands up. “I can’t believe you’re pms-ing too, lord, Kim Jongin!” Sehun calls out to their other best friend and leaves the room.

 

 

-

 

 

On the fifth day, Junmyeon is feeling much better. She is now used to that stupid winking emoji and she finds herself outside of her bedroom more too. She replies to Yixing even more now and Junmyeon doesn’t want to think too much but Yixing hasn’t been… Yixing judging from his replies. Ah, but maybe she is thinking too much. And she hasn’t been away from Yixing this long too. So, she drops the thought and waits patiently for his next text.

Only, he doesn’t text her back and it has been hours. She lips are in a line and she frowns at her phone. Is something wrong?

She looks at the time and it’s lunchtime so she sighs before putting her phone away. Then, she gets up to go prepare lunch when the doorbell rings.

“Delivery!” someone says but she furrows her eyebrows. Huh. She didn’t order anything. Maybe Yixing did? She smiles at the sweet gesture. Ever so thoughtful.

“Coming!” she shouts and walks to the front door. She opens it, preparing to give the deliveryman a big smile when she sees Yixing staring back at her. “Yi—“

The man throws himself at her and hugs her tight. “I’m sorry I have to lie to get you to meet me but I can’t do this anymore,” he confesses and pulls back, only to grab her by her cheeks before placing kisses all over her face. She looks surprised but he just keeps kissing her. “Don’t torture me like this, please get mad at me over something small and stupid, cry in front of me whenever you want, hit me, ignore me if you feel like it as long as I get to see you?”

Junmyeon sighs in relief. “Yixing ah…”

“This is driving me nuts. This is driving Sehun and Jongin nuts,” he states and Junmyeon giggles. She feels bad, really. He looks very distressed… and maybe she shouldn’t laugh at his pain.

She cups his face and he looks at her pleadingly. “I’m sorry… I should’ve thought about your feelings. You’re the best boyfriend, you know that?”

Yixing nods and grins at the compliment. Seeing how he’s feeling much better and back to being the Yixing she knows, Junmyeon rolls her eyes. “So can I come in and cuddle with you for the next 48 hours? I’m taking two days off and the best friends are helping me at work. Please?”

“Did you really? Just?—“

“Yes, I told my father I need two days off to be with my girlfriend.”

Junmyeon sighs and pinches her nose bridge. “He’s going to hate me even before I marry into your family.”

“Are you…” Junmyeon opens her eyes and looks at her boyfriend who has his signature playful grin on, “thinking of marrying me already, Kim Junmyeon?” she frowns and hits his chest. “Mm, you better come up with something better when you propose, I’m really not that easy.”

Junmyeon gives him a glare and crosses her arms. “I see you’re already feeling much better, Mr. Zhang Yixing?”

He smiles and looks at her adoringly. Then, he leans down and kisses her forehead. “I miss you and I love you a lot, sweetheart.”

 

 

 

x thanks for all the comments and also prompts! i've read them all. i'm glad you guys love what i've put up so far. like i said, i write both top!junmyeon and top!yixing. eventhough i prefer one over the other, doesn't mean i'll write more of it. and i love experimenting! so you'll see different settings/aus in the future. i've decided to note what the content will be in the beginning of every chapter (eg. top!junmyeon/top!yixing, fem!junmyeon/yixing, pets!sulay etc etc). that's all for now, thank you again <3