Chapter 09

Departure's Boy-friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok’s mother refused to send him to school unless and until his wounds healed perfectly. He would have more than gladly stayed at home, but he had a best friend to meet – every second of weekdays was precious because of Jongdae.

 

He had already pulled on his clothes and tied his shoelaces when his mother had interposed. His father had already exited the house, and he had little time to get to the car, or his dad would depart without him.

 

His mother was stubborn, and so was he. Hence, they had a squabble, owing to the fact that it was the first time in a long time that he had defied her. She raised her voice, insisting she was doing it with his best interests at heart; he shrieked at her, adamant that he was fine and that he needed to go to school.

 

He was on the brink of tears as his mother just would not budge, when a loud cry from the second floor attracted her attention, and she dashed up the flight of stairs. He had never before been so grateful of Minseo’s existence. Seeing this was his only chance, he hurtled out the door to his father’s car; the latter got outright startled when Minseok barged into the vehicle with wild eyes. Minseok appreciated it when the older man drove toward his school with no questions.

 

All the way across the school premise, he was worried about his mother’s fury. However, upon catching sight of Jongdae waving enthusiastically at him from the back rows of their classroom, his nervousness flew out of his mind. Jongdae was worth the wrath of his strict mother.

 

 

That afternoon during lunchtime, as they sat at their usual bench in the playground, Jongdae gazed intently at him. Jongdae’s eyes skimmed over Minseok’s features again and again, as though he was absorbing and committing to memory each and every attributes of Minseok.

 

Minseok thought it was strange of Jongdae; it felt ominous. “Daedae, is something wrong?”

 

Jongdae hesitated before speaking in a small voice, “Minnie, can you promise me something?”

 

“What is it?” Minseok asked earnestly.

 

“If I…,” Jongdae paused, placing his hand over Minseok’s gauze-wrapped one. “If I disappear one day, will you promise to be happy without me?”

 

Minseok looked at Jongdae, wide-eyed and ghastly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter