Chapter 23: Taeyeon's Departure

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry if this seems really short :) but the fillers are just meant to tie up some of the loose ends of the end of season 1 of the story. So enjoy!! haha

*While Taeyeon was fighting King*

 

Menace was ordered to Sunny to a room so that she wouldn’t interfere with Taeyeon’s and King’s conversation. Sunny was really worried for Taeyeon, she told the girl not to engage at all cost, but given the fact, Sunny wasn’t there to keep an eye on the situation, who knows what could happen between those two. Menaced open the door and revealed an empty room, with only a single chair centered for the entire room. Sunny thought something was strange that the room was so empty, it didn’t even have windows to allow natural light through. It was just a gray room with bright fluorescent lights fixed into the ceiling above. “Why would it need to be so empty?” Sunny thought. Given the fact that the rest of the mansion was already relatively deserted, it shouldn’t have been so strange for this room to be similar. But there was just something about the vibe of the room that didn’t bode well with Sunny.

 

She turned at the sound of the door locks clicking and witnessed as Menace barred the door completely shut. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Sunny yelled.

“I’m simply following orders.” Menace then revealed his stone to Sunny and cast a giant black blob out of it. The black streams of lights were continuously warping and morphing between shapes as if it wasn’t quite sure what object or organism it was trying to replicate. “Tell me, child, what is it you fear the most?” Menaced asked.

“Final exams,” Sunny said trying to stall Menace.

“That is not true fear child. Your true fears cannot be hidden from me since all the answers lie deep within that complex brain. Witness your fears materialize in front of you!” The black streams of light finally molded themselves into a full shape and it created a creature that Sunny truly was scared of. The black lights shaped themselves into individual scales, then into razor sharp fangs and finally into a flickering tongue, the black lights had formed a gigantic black snake. Sunny was a logical human being and for most of her life tried to rationalize all of her emotions as she believed in cause and effect. But the one feeling she could never rationalize was her imminent fear of serpents. She had no reason to fear them, living in New York meant they were never a serious threat and the only time she ever truly saw a snake was at the Central Park Zoo, but for some reason, she could never stand the creatures. Maybe it was their creepy slithering motion, maybe it was their sharpened fangs, maybe it was just the combination of everything, but she could never give just one definitive reason why she feared them so much. Being at the zoo was bad enough already, even with a thick glass wall dividing her and the beast, but now there was a giant black snake in front of her, with no barrier to protect her, so she stood frozen in fear. The snake slowly approached her, sliding across the cement floor and she couldn’t even run away. She was completely immobilized by her phobia of snakes. “I told you, child, you cannot run from your greatest fear, no matter how far you suppress them in your mind. They will always resurface!” Menace laughed at Sunny’s pale expression. “OH , OH , what do I do?? There’s a giant ing snake headed for me right now, the rational thing to do is get the out of here. But I’m never rational when it comes to snakes!” She screamed in her mind.

 

Quickly, she picked up the chair where she had sat and thrown it straight into the jaws of the snake’s mouth. This gave her some time to distance herself, but being in a single room didn’t make much difference. The snake was now heading for her once more, but not at its previous leisurely pace. It was slithering towards her and closing the gap unbelievably fast. Sunny tried to dodge the jaws of the giant serpent, but one tooth had definitely pierced through her shoulder. ”AHHHH!” She yelled. There was no escaping now, she was completely caught on the tooth and just continued to dig that single tooth further and further into her shoulder. While this was happening, Sunny heard the shattering of a window in the direction where Taeyeon and King were having a conversation. She was in excruciating pain right now, but knowing that Taeyeon was alone against that monster outside was much more frightening. She had to leave this room and help her best friend, otherwise… she could die. Suddenly the black serpent had begun to reshape itself once more and this time it was a completely different figure. The black lights had formed a copy of King and Taeyeon battling each other and the King clone had killed the Tae clone right in front of Sunny. She didn’t understand what was going on at first until it finally clicked in to her mind how Menace’s powers worked. “Oh, is that all you can do?” Sunny asked.

“What are you talking about child?” Menace replied.

“Well since you almost made my darkest fear of getting engulfed by a giant snake happen, how about I return the favor?” Sunny asked trying to catch her breath. Sunny holds out her hand towards Menace and scans his mind for his deepest and darkest fears and when she finally found it, she reflected it into her own mind and forced his conjuration to transform once more. But the black streams of light didn’t take a final form, instead, the lights flew towards Menace and engulfed him completely. “Hmm, seems like he’s the claustrophobic type.” Sunny mocked.

 

She then grabbed a leg of the broken chair as Menace was being engulfed by his own stone and she continually bashed the dark figure in front of her. After a few direct hits with the chair leg, Menace was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter