Chapter 61: Elder Cosmic's Thralls

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy and Hyeri both have a brief look into the massive bag that Mage 01 had been lugging around for a few hours now. Once he had opened it, all they could see inside were a bunch of blood red coloured items. From amulets, arm bracers to stones, this bag seemed like it had a bunch of junk and Suzy was pissed. “Umm WTF dude? This is just a bunch of stupid junk? Is this some sort of stupid attempt at a prank? Cause you’re really not funny.” Suzy ranted.

“These aren’t just a bunch of junk ladies. These will give you magic powers, so you can finally take on Seohyun and Yoona.” Suzy and Hyeri paused once again and looked at one another. They had obviously heard the rumours about the Im sisters being the brand new duo of New York City and they weren’t that stupid to deny its possibility. After all, they did see the news clips and the YouTube videos regarding Azura and Ivory and it was hard to deny their resemblance in figures. However, how could they just trust this random guy about magic? “Give us a sec.” Suzy and Hyeri huddled together and began conversing in private. Mage 01 could easily tell what their conversation was since he could read their minds, but he pretended he was oblivious to their exchange of words. “Do you think this guy’s legit?” Suzy questioned.

“Hmm, I dunno, those items do have a weird vibe to them though. Do you reckon we can just test them out?” Hyeri questioned.

“Or… how about we quickly swipe some stuff and bounce? That giant bag isn’t gonna let him chase us and that old lady of there isn’t gonna do . So what do you say, you in Hyeri?” Suzy questioned.

“Yeah, let’s do it.” They turn around quickly, not even eyeing the items so that suspicion wouldn’t fall onto them. Of course, Mage 01 already knew of their plans but didn’t care at all, since they were just making his job easier than it should be. “So, these magic things, which ones the best?” Suzy asked.

“Hmm, well it depends, but in your case it doesn’t really matter. You’ll beat them no matter which you choose.” Mage 01 continued to entice the girls into his trap. Without even a second thought, the two girls each grabbed the exact same types of artifacts. They both had opted for bracers and were quickly dashing into the opposite direction of Mage 01. Unfortunately for them, Reaper had designed these artifacts years ago for Elder Cosmic and they were created with a specific purpose in mind. Reaper had enchanted them to brainwash the holders and become mindless servants to Elder Cosmic. So Suzy and Hyeri had only reached a few feet away until the effects had finally kicked in and they had fallen deep under the curse of the blood relics. They stood perfectly still on the streets with completely blank expressions on their face. There was nothing they could do now, no chance to run, nor hide they were now under the control of Elder Cosmic. “Well that was easier than expected.” Mage 01 admitted.

“Yes, indeed. However, our work isn’t over yet Mage 01, we still need a few more mindless thralls for our ritual. Our search goes on!” Elder Cosmic yelled.

 

*Back at Sunri’s Apartment*

 

Sunny’s training was going to begin without any further delay since she truly was their best way of winning their current war. Sunny had managed to convince herself that she had been self-taught for most things in her entire life, so what difference would this make? Sure, she had no idea exactly how to control it properly, but only through trial and error will she finally be able to truly understand her own gifts. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Hyoyeon each went down to the bunker and prepared to begin the makeshift training session. Basically, Sunny would be attempting to control Hyoyeon’s mind and seeing how much Hyoyeon actually remembers of the experience. If she remembers everything from words in a conversation and movements she didn’t plan to do, then it means mind control isn’t the answer to winning over Mage 01. Because if Sunny were to control over Mage 01’s mind again for a longer period of time and he noticed something wasn’t right, soon suspicion would appear and he may even begin to tap into Sunny’s mind when he needed. As of now, they all just assumed that this connection was a one way street and that Mage 01 was completely oblivious to it. Sunny and Hyoyeon sat down facing directly into each other’s face and from that point on, Sunny didn’t really know what to do next. She started to scratch her head since this was the first time she had ever been clueless about the next step for progression. “You okay Sunny?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Yeah, I’m just kinda stuck. Like I don’t really know how I controlled his mind, I just did that one time.” Sunny admitted.

“How about you try just reading Hyoyeon’s mind first and then if anything starts to feel different than how you usually mind read, follow that instinct.” Taeyeon suggested.

“Hmm, I guess I could give it a go.” Sunny delve right into Hyoyeon’s mind and much like her room and even the cave she had in the Grand Canyon, it was quite the clutter. Her memories and thought processes were just all over the place, Sunny guessed that’s why Hyoyeon could be so chatty one minute but say nothing in the next. Sunny had a look around Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter