Chapter 50: Battle Begins Part 3??

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was dragging King’s body back over to where her friends had withdrawn when their personal battle had started. They wanted to make sure they weren’t in the way so that he couldn’t use them as leverage just in case things started to get desperate. He had finally woken up after his big defeat and like usual, he was laughing to himself like a maniac. “What’s so damn funny King?” You’ve lost, I have your stone and Shinju’s, your army was easily defeated and Reaper can’t do anything against the three of them. This is a complete loss for you.” Taeyeon stated.

“Like a fool mate, you already count this victory before you’ve seen the end of the day. Believe you me this simply isn’t over yet and I’m not even talking about what’s coming. I’m telling you mate that there’s still one other threat you have yet to clear. If you successfully do that, fine you’ve won today, but who knows, I may escape her with my stone back and if I’m really lucky… yours too.” He chuckled. Taeyeon made it to the safe area where all her friends and enemies were held in one collective. It was quite a strange sight, but she did enjoy that her friends were the ones standing while the others lay defeated before them. Once they had seen enter by Taeyeon’s hand as she dragged him in, they all began to clap at Taeyeon’s marvelous victory. “Aww shut it! Yeah, yeah, she beat me whatever. There’s a good reason for why she did, all of you are lucky you ever met her because if you somehow became mages without her, none of you would be celebrating a victory today!!” King yelled.

“Aww is little King jealous that he couldn’t truly become the king of all conjurers? Poor boy!” Tiffany laughed. The Im sisters also couldn’t help but laugh, but someone who definitely wasn’t in the giggly mood was Hyoyeon, she immediately rose up once more and pointed her gun straight for King once again. “HYOYEON!!” Taeyeon shouted.

“This bastard doesn’t deserve to live Tae! You defeated him, yes, but while he still breathes in our lives still risk going wrong. He’s constantly planning for the next step. We have to take him out or he’ll only return once more!” Hyoyeon was about to pull the trigger before Tiffany shielded him with her pink magic.

“You’re not the only one that hates him Hyo, but being someone who was almost pushed to that edge… who almost killed someone because I believed it to be the only way… I still feel endless guilt from that desire. Hyoyeon, if you go through with this he would do exactly what you just said, he would ruin your life for eternity. Don’t let him do that. Don’t let his life be in your hands forever, let him be and forgive and forget.” Tiffany interrupted.

“He’s killed all my friends… how am I supposed to just forgive that??” Hyoyeon yelled with tears streaming out of her eyes. Taeyeon came up to her and pushed her face up until they were both staring at each other. “Are we not your friends Hyo? He stole everything from me too, the same people he took from you, but I know Shinju wouldn’t approve of this constant grudge and thirst for revenge. He’d want us both to move on and that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m finding new friends and family to be with, not longing for past family to return from the grave.” Taeyeon encouraged her. Hyoyeon finally released the gun from her grip and exhaled a huge breath of air from her body. She didn’t say anything else, she was much too embarrassed that a group of nineteen and eighteen-year-olds were already wiser than her, she did, however, thank Taeyeon with a hug and whispered, “Thank you so much Tae, without you… I don’t think I would have ever let him go… I… I miss Shinju and your father so much…”

“Did… did you love Shinju?” Taeyeon asked.

“… Dearly…”

“We have his stone, he’s safe and sound with us. Don’t worry anymore, okay? King may have taken his physical life, but his true soul lives on here.” Taeyeon held a white stone in her hand that slowly began to grow bright as she handed it over to Hyoyeon.

“Hold on to that for me, okay? Don’t you dare lose it!” Taeyeon demanded.

“I won’t… thank you again…”

 

While Taeyeon was having a chat with Hyoyeon, the other girls were trying to interrogate Reaper on how to reverse the effects of his enchantments. Sadly, he was being rather difficult with his answering and instead insisted that they all give up instead. “You cannot save them! Their souls are diminishing from their bodies as we speak and within a few moments their bodies that lie in those hospitals will be nothing more than mere husks of their former selves!!” Reaper threatened.

“If you let my friends die I’m going to electrify you to an inch of your life and then revive you using the same electricity!!” Yoona threatened back.

“Yah Azura! Don’t stoop down to his level.” Seohyun held her sister back.

“It’s obvious that he’s not going to tell us anything girls. We need a new plan…” Tiffany suggested.

“Don’t worry, I got this.” Taeyeon had finished talking to Hyoyeon and was no ready to get what she needed from Reaper. She confidently approached him and knelt down to his eye level to converse with him. “Look here, I know there’s a threat coming Reaper. I know that you made these stones to actually take out a more dangerous foe, so I know for a fact you’re scared less right now. If you go to jail, whatever this threat is will still be able to get you. I mean sure I’ll try my best to defend the city, but then again I don’t know anything about this threat. So how am I going to protect you if I know nothing?” Taeyeon asked. Reaper didn’t respond straight away, he had to think about what she was currently offering to him. Reaper had needed someone to protect him from the upcoming appearance from Elder Cosmic, but he had incorrectly chosen King. Maybe Taeyeon was truly the hope he needed? She was her heir, after all, if anyone was powerful enough to stop her, it would be Taeyeon. “You want to make a deal? Don’t beat around the bush! State your terms upfront!!” Reaper sneered.

“TaeTae wait a minute…” Tiffany wasn’t confident that this was the right thing to do, but Taeyeon completely ignored her warning.

“First, you lift the curse off of all those people. Second, you tell us everything you know about this foe and thirdly, when this threat has been taken care of, you must agree to hand yourself in accordingly as an associate of King’s.” Taeyeon stated.

“All this for just protection? How do I even know you can keep me alive against this threat?” Reaper mocked.

“Well, I possess two of the king stones. If anyone can do it, it’s me and my friends.” Taeyeon replied.

“Hmm, fine. Hand the stones over to me.” Taeyeon went over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter