Chapter 2: The First Friend

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae wasn’t one of those people who were naturally talented in one particular area, but she made up for it with her quick learning ability. With just a quick glance on Google Maps, she had already memorized a good portion of the New York City layout and already knew exactly where her school was located. As she looked at the map she also realized she was going to be late, given the distance her apartment was to the school and she had to decide to run or admit defeat and gets some more breakfast. “Meh, just one class. Probably just homeroom anyway, don’t want to go through another here’s the new girl intro for the thousandth time.”

 

She stopped by McDonald's and ordered pancakes with orange juice. “Will that be all for today?” the worker asked nonchalantly.

“Yeah, that’s all for today.”

“$4.50 thank you.” Tae’s hand slides down her tight blue jeans and realized her wallet was not there and that a crystal stone had taken its place. “What the hell! You can remember to bring a rock but not your damn wallet!? Damn it Taeyeon!” she scolded herself internally. “Umm, ma’am is there a problem?” Tae was about to answer until another hand cut in front of her holding a $5 bill. “There’s no problem here.” The mystery girl replied. Taeyeon wondered whether to be pissed at the girl for involving herself into Tae’s situation or be grateful because she was saved from an embarrassing scenario. Tae decided on the former option. “Umm who asked you to help me?” She asked the girl without even giving her a glance as she picked up her meal.

“You didn’t need to ask, I see a bunch of people come in here every day pretending they don’t have money to get a free meal. Don’t worry, it’s not like you wanted a lot.” As Tae turned to reply once more, the girl quickly flashed a stunning eye smile and a peace sign as she slow-mo walked out of the McDonalds. Well, the slow-mo was just in Tae’s head because she wanted that moment to last forever. “Damn I didn’t notice how hot she was. Should I have been a bit nicer? Nah, who cares. Big city like this, we’re never gonna see each other again.” She said to herself.

 

Tae finished up her meal and went off towards the high school once more. She finally made it to the entrance and her initial impression was just a complete disappointment. The school seemed terribly maintained, unfunded and completely packed with litter from the exterior. “Really Ghost? This is the best you could find me. The apartment should’ve been the first indicator I guess.” Tae reasoned. She walked into the building and thanked the heavens that the inside was much better. She was expecting graffiti clad lockers, more trash scattered on the floor and rowdy teenagers. At least the first two things couldn’t be seen, but the students were definitely a rowdy bunch. Worse than that, the hallways were packed with people. She tried to be polite, asking people nicely to get the out of the way, but when that wasn’t working she simply forced her way through the crowd.

 

After a solid ten minutes of pushing and shoving through layers and layers of bodies, she had safely made it to the classroom. As she opened the door she expected no one to be present in the room, as it was still lunch break, but at the back of the room, there was just a single man cloaked in a deep green robe. There was no movement from the figure, not even a twitch. Tae decided to inspect the figure further, for all she knew it was just a prop in the room. She slowly approached the robed man, still, no movement was seen. She reached out to grab the green cloth that separated his face from sight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter