Chapter 79: Hope

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though the brightness was blinding, Taeyeon couldn’t help but stare directly at the bright light emitted from the magical lamp. Every second that passed, something slowly approached fromthe other side. A faded, amethyst coloured hand appeared through the bright light and soon, the entire divinity had breached through. The divinity was a colossal being, once he had passed through the magic portal, his height was far greater than the that of the ceiling. He had no choice but do destroy the obstruction so that he could stand freely. His physical attributes where of a perfect human being, perfectly toned muscles on every square inch of his body and the body itself was translucent amethyst. There were no signs of organs, bones or even bodily fluid within him, he was merely a form of pure power and energy. “At last! I have been freed from the binds of the great four magicians!! Which champion has succeeded in freeing me? You will be granted your deepest desire.” The divinity grinned.

“No need to fool me, your majesty,” Elder Cosmic bowed. “I know of the sacrifice, the one true way to earn my wish. Let me show you how much I deserve this.” Elder Cosmic turned towards the encased Taeyeon and presented her just like a proud child during “show and tell” in elementary school. “Take her, my heir, in exchange for a blessing.” Elder Cosmic requested.
“Very well, your wish will be granted, but her blood must be spilt and the life must leave her eyes.” The divinity demanded. Taeyeon was still desperately trying to leave Elder Cosmic’s pink imprisonment, but it was no use. Every swipe she took with her emerald green claws only quickened the drain of her dual king conjures. “!! I need to do something. But what can I do? I’m just stuck here… it’s hopeless…” Taeyeon thought. However, before Taeyeon had fully drained her powers, Cherry, the pink horse had stomped through the museum and smashed Elder Cosmic head on. “Honestly, she has been tossed around all night, how could an old lady continue getting such a beating?” Tiffany questioned.

“Fany!!” Taeyeon yelled.

“Hey to you too.” She blew her girl a quick kiss and turned back towards Elder Cosmic. “You didn’t think I would just let you die, did you? You’ve done great TaeTae, but you seem pretty trapped, let me take it from here.” Tiffany smiled.

“You think taking me on will be that easy??” Elder Cosmic huffed.

“Yeah I do, you’ve been fighting all night. Not to mention the fact you’re still focusing on Taeyeon and the black dome to keep Mage 01 out of the fight. So basically, you’re drained, your focus isn’t even on me and not just that, but you have to fight me and my horde of conjured animals. So, yeah from my standpoint, seems pretty easy win.” Tiffany laughed.

“Why you little…” Elder Cosmic waved her wands and just like before, an array of explosive orange runes were heading towards Tiffany’s direction. Cherry had returned to Tiffany’s side and awaited the next instruction. “Do you think you can hit all of them at once?” Tiffany questioned.

“Are you challenging me right now?” Cherry smirked.

“I sure am, so don’t disappoint me.” Tiffany joked, she knew Cherry could do it, she just had to have faith in her trusty steed. Cherry moved between Elder Cosmic and Tiffany and her unicorn horn began to glow an even hotter pink. Once the entire length of the horn had changed to the hotter pink tone, Cherry released the stored energy and blasted all the explosive orange runes out of the sky, with a single blast no less. Elder Cosmic tried to use this as a distraction, to draw more runes behind Tiffany for a surprise strike, but Tiffany had already seen the warning coming from Taeyeon’s face, so in retaliation, she summoned a horde of bright pink bats which shielded Tiffany in a vortex. The explosive runes would hit the bats, but because of the sheer numbers of the horde, the runes weren’t enough firepower to blast through to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany hopped onto Cherry’s back and together they rode towards Elder Cosmic for another head-on collision. Tiffany wasn’t trying to kill her nor to even hurt her that much. All she wanted was to distract her long enough to free Taeyeon to stop the sacrifice. Of course, she couldn’t ignore the fact that a gigantic, purple, humanoid thing was standing in the middle of the museum, but that would have to be a later thought. Right now, was about rescuing her love, her one and only, that’s all that mattered to her.

 

*Meanwhile back at the traffic congested city*

 

“Damn it Sunny, where the hell are you?” Yoona asked in frustration. She had been zooming around the city for the past few minutes and she couldn’t find where Sunny was. The airwaves were full of emergency calls about car crashes because of the lack of lights controlling traffic and because of that Yoona couldn’t contact Sunny. “Sunny!! We need your help. Ugh, where did you go??”

“Yoona?” Yoona suddenly stopped in the middle of the street to examine her surroundings, she turned everywhere, but couldn’t see where the voice had come from.

“Yoong, can you hear me?” Sunny asked.

“Yeah, but I can’t see you, where have you been??” Yoona asked.

“Yuri and I knew it started, so we tried to come to the museum as quickly as we could, but instead we got stuck in traffic.” Sunny explained.

“Are you near me right now?” Yoona questioned.
“I honestly have no clue, I just heard your voice in my head asking me where I was, so I answered your call.”

“You must be in one of these cars, do you know what s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter