Heading Back Into the Past

Its ok I won't hurt you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As you walked into the conference room and many lights started to flash. You tried not to be surprised by them because for a split second you had forgotten where exactly you were headed. You had forgotten what was happening during the car ride because your brain kept on sliding in those past memories you held onto very dearly.

 

Your memories were quite scattered because of that car accident that had killed your family. You don't really remember how it all happened but you do remember being pulled out by someone and shortly waking up in a hospital bed with a female named Jeong Mai.

 

Jeong Mai seemed quite nervous and scared as she spoke that day. She had given you a rundown of what had happened. She had told you that your family had passed away and that you were the lucky one to survive. At the moment you had forgotten your own name because of your concussion, so you had felt no sorrow yet you felt empty. The emptiness had taken a hold of your body during your families funeral because only a few people had shown up and those people were all whispering. They were all whispering about your stoic face and how not a single tear had dropped from your eyes.

 

You had really started to hate it when people whispered after your family's funeral. You remember some days from middle school and elementary school where people would whisper about you everyday but it had all changed after the accident.

 

You remember crying for several days when you started to gain some of your memories back. You locked yourself up for a month because of how guilty you felt. All those sweet and beautiful memories began to haunt you as time passed. Jeong Mai had tried her best to be gentle with you but since that didn't work out she broke down your parents apartment door and stared at you with those cold eyes with shock.

 

Your apartment had been a mess and all the curtains were drawn making it very difficult to see. You remember her mumbling to herself about how stupid she was to leave you alone all by yourself. You didn't really want to speak to her or have any human contact whatsoever so you pulled your blanket over your head and stayed there hoping that she would be you. But she didn't after she had cleaned up the house, she pulled the blanket off of you and told you something that you would never forget.

 

“I know those memories are coming back and hurting you but you have to understand that it's not your fault. You did not cause this to happen it was simply the universe doing what it always does. But I need you to understand that I would never hurt you. You are an amazing and talented girl that I would love to look after. So please do me a favor and stop crying. Get up and keep moving forward. If you need some help on the way I'll help you but you have to have the will to live and keep moving forward.”

 

You were very confused as to who she was because you only remember seeing her in the hospital giving you a rundown of what had occurred and the only one bawling her eyes out at your family's funeral. But you decided to put your trust on her, she was the only one who seemed to care about you. She hasn't let your trust down since then.

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter