Chapter 7

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning...

When Sowon just back from toilet, Lee Hyun already there on his Daddy's room.

Hyun look clean and neat. He wearing white shirt which tucked inside his grey pants. The long sleeve is fold 'till under his elbow. His neat wet hair styled on side split. His black formal shoes is clean and shine. Young-success-executive look is really suit him well.

He greet Sowon with smile, "Good morning, Sojung-ssi."

"Good morning." Sowon's cold short answer make her Mom glare at her, but Sowon  just pretend to not see it. She also seems totally uninterested to just slightly look at Hyun.

 

Mr. Kim recover fast. Doctor check on him that morning tell them that he will check on him again later to make sure, he might be can go home today, with note to don't move too much. Everyone gladly hear it. Sowon of course so happy to hear that 

 

But when her Dad and Mom ask Hyun to again drive her to her campuss, Sowon get sulke right away. Hyun of course gladly accept what Mr. and Mrs. Kim's ask.

 

******

 

Again... silence on Hyun's car, even though there are two people inside, but they not talking to each other. Actually 'cause Sowon is clearly the one who being cold. Hyun just being gentleman who will not bothering Sowon.

 

 

Sung Shin Women’s University...

"Thanks." Sowon just say it short and cold like she used to whenever she has to say something to Hyun, she doesn't take a look at him at all, even just for a slight. Then she just get out from Hyun's car, without any interest to wait Hyun's back answer. She closed the door back, then walk away in steady steps without turn her head back.

Lee Hyun just deep sigh then go to work.

 

******

 

Mr. Kim definitely recover fast. Just in a week from his accident, he already able to back to work. Kim family are really glad. But the fact that Mr. Kim almost unable to safe due to lost too much blood will stucked on their memory, especially Sowon as blood donor. But, their life is goes on.

 

******

 

One day, while GFriend at an event to perform Sowon get a phone call from her Mom.

Mom : "Sweety, are you busy right now?

Sowon : "I'm at an event, Mom... at our waiting room, we will perform in about a half hour."

Mom : "Ouwh... okay then. Uhmmm... Sweety I just want to tell you that Lee Family is invite our family for dinner tomorrow. You have to come. Your Dad already ask your CEO-Nim's permission, and he doesn't mind to permitt you off from your schedules."

Sowon : "But, me... I do mind, Mom!"

GFriend other members and staffs around are surprised when Sowon suddenly stand up from her sit and yell with angry face on. Everybody become quite all of sudden and stare at Sowon.

Sowon realize that she kinda out of control. That's why she quickly get out from the room and go for a secluded place to have more private talk with her Mom.

Sowon : "Mom... do you and Dad really gonna force me to accept that arrangement?" Sowon 's voice became tremble.

Sowon : "I really don't want to do it, Mom. Please...."

Mom : "Sweety... we haven't accept it yet. You decide. You are grown up enough and also you are as group leader, we think that you must have a wise thought for everything. It's up to you. We won't force you. But, still you have to came to the dinner. If you really gonna reject it, then say it by yourself to Lee Family at the meeting. But, Sweety... we beg you too... please think about it more. Carefully think about it again. I won't lie that we hope you accept it. Hyun is really good man. Maybe you should try to know him more, you might be like him. Give him a chance. Me, Daddy and your Unnie's wish is for you to give him a chance. 'Cause we do have hunch that Hyun will be good husband for you. We want the best for you. If after you give him a chance and in the end you still sure to reject him, then we will accept your decision. At least we have properly try. We won't regret it. Okay, Sweety? Please carefully think about it again. Don't just follow your ego without consideration."

 

Sowon feel so restless after she hung up her Mom's phone call.

She back to her waiting room.

She just made few steps inside the waiting, when she a bit dazed, luckily SinB is near her and quickly hold her arm, prevent her to fall.

"Aah... thanks SinB-ah." Sowon sheepishly smile to SinB.

"Unnie, becareful... are you sick? You look pale." SinB asked in concern while frowning her forehead and scanning Sowon's face.

"No. I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter