Chapter 31

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The big tall wooden door in front of Hyun is slowly open.

"Bro, I'll go first. I'll secure your way. Goodluck!" Minhyuk give Hyun a rough hug and pat on his back, then Minhyuk start to steps inside. As Best Man he is the first order to walk inside as if prepare the spot ready for The Groom.

Hyun steps inside few meters after Minhyuk. He walk in confident and bright smile. He can see that great hall is full with people, he find some people's face that he know, some not, but they all smile at him, some even claps and shout encouraging.

After Hyun stand by at the altar, the girls start to walk inside in brightly smile in 'Me Gustas Tu (I like you)' music background. People reaction are even much better. The girls walk in while sprinkling rose petals along the isle. After the girls perfectly finish their order, the Wedding Hymne start sounding. Everbody attention are on the door, where the bride and her father are.

 

The bride look gracefully in her wedding gown. Hyun's eyes fixated on the bride. Eventhough her face hazy behind the veil, still can see how beautiful she is. While twine her father's arm Sowon walk gracefully along the isle. Her great proportion body is indeed not a joke, she look perfect in her gown, her curve still there and the bump still unseen. With low-cut shoulderless style make her look mature, y but also elegant. Her collar bone and shoulder stand out. Hyun almost forget to blink and breath, until Minhyuk tap his shoulder to remind, "Breath, Bro! You might faint before she get here." Hyun smile sheepishly at Minhyuk and even more embarrassed when he look at the girls that chuckle at him.

 

Finally the bride and her father arrive at the altar. Hyun approach them. He respectfully bow at his Soon-to-be-father-in-law, then Mr. Kim give her daughter's hand to Hyun, "Please, take good care and love my daughter. I entrust her to you from now." Hyun accept the hand, "Yes. Abonim. I'll do my best to not dissapoint you." Mr. Kim nod at him.

Hyun hold Sowon's hand and lead her closer to the priest that already stand by for them. He smile at them. "Can we begin?"

"Yes, please quickly." Hyun answer, make the priest chuckle and Sowon even pinch him, Hyun just grinning.

 

The priest then start.

"Dearly beloved, we gather here to witness the unite of these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish. Are there any objection? Say it now or never..." the priest pause for a while give chance if there any objection. After make sure there's no one, then the priest continue, he look at the groom and the bride, "Lee Hyun and Kim Sojung, have you come here to enter into marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?"

Hyun and Sowon answer at the same time, "Yes, I have."

 

The priest invites them to declare their vow, "Since it is your intention to enter the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your hands, and declare your vow before God."

 

Yerin steps closer to take Sowon's flower bouquet, so then Hyun and Sowon can join their hands together.

Hyun start first, "I, Lee Hyun, take you, Kim Sojung, to be my wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all days of my life, until death do us part." He said it firmly while look straight and dearly into Sowon's eyes.

 

Sowon smile to heard it. She felt so proud of him. Then her turn, "I, Kim Sojung, take you, Lee Hyun, to be my husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all days of my life, until death do us part." She also said it firmly while look straight and dearly into Hyun's eyes. Hyun smile to heard it.

 

The priest, "May God in his kindness strengthen the consent you have declared." Then the priest turn to look at the Best Man, Minhyuk, that closer right away and give the rings to the Priest who then pray for it, "May God bless these rings, which you will give to each other as the sign of your love and fidelity." Then he give the rings, jade rings from their ancestors, so Hyun and Sowon can take it and then put it on each other.

 

Then the Priest tell them to kneel then he put his hands on top of Hyun's and Sowon's head, "Dear Almighty God, bless them that they may so love, honor, and cherish each other in faithfulness and patience, in wisdom and true Godliness, that their home may be a haven of blessing and peace. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. Amen." Then the Priest tell them to stand up again, "I now pronounce you husband and wife." Then the Priest turn to look at Hyun, "You may kiss the bride."

 

Hyun turn to Sowon, he carefully unveil and reveal her beautiful face that smilling happily and gladly to him. Hyun amaze by gorgeous face in front of him. His wife.

He reach Sowon's waist and pull her closer. "I love you." Hyun said that then he tilt his head and closer then kiss her lips lovingly. They can hear people's cheer and claps for them.

 

*****

 

Few months later...

Hyun open the GFriend's waiting room door at a particular TV station. "Hi Girls!" He greet his Cheojes (sisters in law - from wife's side).

"Hi Hyung-boo! The girls greet him back.

"Where's your Unnie?" He ask them.

The girls point the back corner. Hyun follow their point direction. Then there she is... his lovely wife, with already pretty big bump, sleeping soundly while sitting in the chair at the back corner. "Are you done?" He ask the girls. "For here yes we done. But there still one schedule at the radio."

"Ooh.. okay. How is she today? She's okay, right?" Hyun ask again.

"Yes. Unnie did a great job like usual. She make every women jealous because she look so gorgeous even more with her bump. Everybody love to touch her belly and felt the baby's kick. But it turns out exhausting her. He barely sleep because the baby's kicked her almost all the time." The girls explain. They look worry and pity their Unnie.

Hyun sigh deeply, then get closer to his wife then sit next to her. He staring at her. She indeed look even more beautiful in her pregnant state. She's glowing gracefully, but Hyun can see exhaustion in her face.

 

"Let's go girls! We still have one more schedule." GFriend's Manager command.

"How about Sowon Unnie? We can't wake her up now... she's so exhausted." Yuju said in worry.

"Let me carry her and drive her there. We'll be right behind you." Hyun suggest.

"Great! Let me take her stuffs. So Hyung-boo just take care Unnie." SinB support.

"Thanks, SinB." Hyun smile greatfully to SinB, and that girl give witty smirk.

"Okay, then... let's go! We can't be late." Manager command, then they start to stand up and move.

Hyun carefully lift up his wife, trying his best to not wake her up. He manage to make Sowon's head lean on his shoulder comfortably. Umji help to cover her Sleeping-Unnie with blanket. "Thank you, Umji-ah.." Hyun smile at the maknae who smile back at him. "Hyung-boo fighting!" The maknae even encourage him.

Then they going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter