Chapter 22

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The latest broadcast from the kidnappers...

"Lee Hyun, your time limit is getting nearer. Just give up now then you will get your fiancé back while she still alive. Hahahaha!!" They show Sowon's current state, hang tied on the ceiling.

***End of broadcast***

 

As soon as he saw the broadcast, Hyun let go his tantrum out. He throw and slam everythings on that room. Minhyuk and other policemen try to soothe him, but they have a hard time to conquer him while he in so much anger. Minhyuk punch him when he finally get chance.

"Hyun! Get hold yourself! Focus!! You have to keep your sanity to get Sojung back alive!!" Minhyuk yell at his insane friend. Hyun stop right away and drop on his knee in panting, "Sojung-ah~...!!" Hyun roaring Sowon's name desperatedly.

 

 

Hyun finally getting calm. He wash his face in cold water. He take a look himself at the mirror. He look miserable. He wonder what Sojung will say if she see him in that state. He remember when Sojung the last time told him to shave and cut his hair. She told him that she prefer him in clean and neat look. She even that she doesn't want people talk that she as young-leader-girl-group is dating an Ahjussi (아저씨 : Used to call a middle-aged man ; a man who a lot older than you --- no family relation). Hyun chuckle to remember that. That memory somehow encourage him. He get out from the toilet, then he drive back to his office to make sure his employees really do what he asked them to find. He join to find it by himself among stacks of documents and files.

 

*****

 

The sun just set... the sky getting dark. The time limit getting closer.

From the last broadcast, police track the signal and find the location is nearer than before. It in Seoul. They send a team to investigate. Meanwhile Hyun and his employees found some clues and evidents. It pointing on a man that have been their competitor since long time ago. Hyun and Minhyuk keep on discuss about all clues. Minhyuk also already interrogate those caught culprits before, from them he get clues that they indeed have link to the suspect. Then Minhyuk decide to send another team to investigate that suspect, about his crime and the actual possible relation with kidnappers.

 

It's about 3 hours before midnight, before the limit time end. The situation getting tense. Public also give a lot of interest and concern. They worrying and praying for Sowon's safety. Buddy and people who concern gather in front of Source Music Entertainment Agency. They bring flowers and light candles pray for Sowon's safety. They humming GFriend's songs in mellow beat. The rest of GFriend members also came to gather with them. The girls so touched and appriciate everybody's concern for their Leader Unnie. People even console and ecourage them to keep on faith for Sowon's safety. They feel so blessed for people's love and care for them.

 

 

The investigate team had confirm that the assuming location is the exact captivity location. Minhyuk immediately send more team to surround the location. He also send another team to arrest the suspect. He doesn't want they escape. Those bad guys must be punished according the law. He will make sure they rotten in jail for years. Their faults are known by public, even if they manage to free because 'buy the law', but for sure they won't able to live freely from public's anger.

 

But now.. the most important thing is to safe Sowon. Aside from humanity and his responsibility as police officer, Minhyuk also has personal concern, if something bad happen to that girl, his good friend, Hyun, he sure will definitely became crazy. Minhyuk will do his best to not let that happen.

 

Hyun arrive at the captivity location. He quickly find Minhyuk to get to know his plan. Minhyuk give him bulletproof vest and tell him to wear it. "Don't try to barge as you want like before! You hear me?!" Minhyuk scold, Hyun obidiently nod. He regret his action before. It bring worse situation especially for Sowon. She wont got hit by the kidnappers if he didn't barge in.

"How your investigation? Did you get evidents that he is the real suspect?" Minhyuk ask.

"Yes. We got it. It supposed to be him for real. How about you? Are you also got the evidents his criminality that enough to put him in jail?" Hyun ask back.

"Yeah... with just this case is enough to make him stay for years." Minhyuk said.

"But it will better if he and his men never came out for the rest of their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter