Dissapointment

Someone Loves You Babe

“He’s a basketball player,” Sehun told her as his thumbs swiveled around his PS4 controller. He and Jongdae were playing FIFA and Chanyeol was waiting his turn patiently.

“Like pro basketball?” Joonmyun asked, sitting on the edge of the couch, freshly showered and in her pajamas.

“He’s the best Korean pro baller since Seo Jang Hoon,” Chanyeol said. “He could have gone straight to the big leagues right out of high school but decided to get a business degree instead so he did college ball. I think he’s been pro for about two years now.”

“I’m guessing he’s quite popular in the sports world then,” Joonmyun said leaning back and staring at the ceiling.

“He’s like on our level,” Sehun laughed as he scored a goal on Jongdae. “I heard he’s being scouted by the American NBA.”

“Isn’t he dating that model?” Jongdae asked. “You know the one who took Kyungsoo’s spot in that web drama because of our winter album.”

“I don’t know,” Sehun and Chanyeol both shrugged. “He’s probably dating some celebrity though. You know how pro athletes are, almost as bad as actors.”

“Why are you asking about him?” Jongdae questioned, tongue stuck out in concentration. He was so close to tying things up with Sehun.

“I ran into him during my run,” Joonmyun said, noticing the time on their wall clock. It was almost three in the morning but the boys still looked like they wanted another round of FIFA. “He was shooting hoops on that court by the river.”

“Oh that’s odd,” Chanyeol told her. “I didn’t think he lived in the area. Did he recognize you?”

“I don’t think so,” Joonmyun shook her head. “He probably just thought I was some clueless girl.”

“Was he checking you out?” Sehun shamelessly asked.  

“What?” Joonmyun responded, stunned by the sudden question. “I don’t think he was.”

“He probably was,” Sehun said back. “Noona, you’re a pretty girl. Guys look at you all the time, you just don’t notice it.”

“Well running into him was a one time thing,” Joonmyun said. “We don’t mix with athletes often so I probably won’t see him again.” All three boys hummed in response, back to focusing on the game. Joonmyun decided that it was bedtime for her and went to her shared room with Baekhyun. The chances of her meeting Kwon Taehyun again were very low and there was no way she would look forward to it.

 

“Hey Baek,” Kyungsoo greeted the other girl on the set of their music video streaming. For the first time in a long time, Kyungsoo had dyed her hair a light brown and Baekhyun had dark black hair with stunning red highlights streaked through out.

“Sup Soo?” Baekhyun asked swiveling around in her chair to face the other girl.

“I got a new script last night,” Kyungsoo revealed nervously as she sat down on a chair and slowly swiveled too to calm her nerves. “And it’s kind of like a musical. The main character tap dances and I think it’s really cool. I really like this role and I know you have experience with tap, so I was wondering if I could get some pointers from you?”

“Is the ever so independent Kyungsoo coming to me for help?” Baekhyun beamed proudly, leaning in closer to the girl.

“Umm yes?” Kyungsoo answered, face blushing pink. “I know nothing about tap and I really want to nail this audition.”

“I wish I could help you,” Baekhyun slumped a bit with a pout, “but it’s been like three years since I put on my tap shoes. I only did it for the musical and I didn’t keep up with it afterwards. I think you would be better off asking Jongin. He has that ballet/tap background going on.”

“I don’t really want to ask Jongin,” Kyungsoo murmured quietly. “He’s busy with stuff.”

“He’s busy with his girlfriend,” Baekhyun rolled her eyes. “God I hate that . Do you remember when she had the nerve to tell me my note was flat when she was straining the entire ing time?”

“I’ve never had any issues with Chaeyoung,” Kyungsoo said quietly.

“Kyungsoo the talks about you when Jongin isn’t around. Do you remember the Halloween party you skipped last year? She went around saying that you were going to leave the company next because you think you and your acting career are too good and untouchable now. She’s just ing jealous that her acting career never went anywhere and remains mediocre while you’re out there working your off and landing roles. I was literally this close from ripping her Hannah Montana weave from her head but Minseok stopped me. You’re too ing nice Kyungsoo. Sometimes you have to acknowledge that a is a and be ready to cut them when they come for you.”

“That’s what I have you for,” Kyungsoo tried to lighten up the tension and smiled at the other girl instead.

“Also what’s up with you and Jongin lately?” Baekhyun asked, grabbing her water bottle and sipping from the straw. “You’ve been distant for a while now and I thought it was because of your personal schedules but even now you two don’t talk as much.”

“I don’t know,” Kyungsoo answered honestly. “I thought that things would go back to normal but we’re just kinda stuck right now. I don’t know how to make things better.”

“Don’t know how or don’t want to?” Baekhyun questioned, raising a knowing eyebrow at her.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Kyungsoo responded confused.

“You like Jongin,” Baekhyun stated flatly. Kyungsoo felt her heart quicken and the heat begin to rise in her face. There was no use denying it because Baekhyun caught on to these types of things pretty fast.

“It was a lot more obvious two years ago but then he started dating Chaeyoung and things between you two have gotten awkward,” Baekhyun continued. “You still like him though. If you didn’t you wouldn’t even care about his feelings or worry about the status of your friendship. You still care though Kyungsoo and I think you’re trying to make yourself not care. That’s why you keep on pulling away and avoiding him.”

“I don’t want to like him anymore,” Kyungsoo confessed. “He doesn’t like me that way so there’s no point in me having feelings for him either.”

“Jongin is an idiot,” Baekhyun shook her head. “He has you right here but he goes for the bimbo who thinks she’s all that. Maybe you should forget about him though. You can find someone totally better Kyungsoo.”

“It’s not that easy,” Kyungsoo told her. She had liked Jongin for seven years now. “And even if I don’t like him that way anymore, I would still want to be his friend.”

“If you want that then don’t start losing him now,” Baekhyun told her, glancing in the direction of the boys. All four of them were posing together for a quick picture. “It’s easier to drift away from people than you think. Ask him for those tap lessons and maybe you’ll find that it is easier to be his friend. Or maybe he’ll realize how ing wonderful you are and dump that .”

“You’re right,” Kyungsoo nodded her head. “I’ll talk to him after they’re done.”

 

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo peeked into the boy’s dressing room a little while later. Jongdae was napping on a couch and Jongin was reading a mystery novel against the wall.

“Do you need something?” he closed the book gently and looked up at her. Kyungsoo felt her heart thud at the sight of his handsome face and she took in a deep breath. She could do this. She could forget about her feelings for Jongin. All she had to do was it up and ask for the tap lessons so she could get the role and get busy filming again.

“Are you doing anything this weekend?” she asked, standing in front of him, nervously rocking back and forth on her heels.

“Chaeyoung asked me for some tap lessons this weekend,” he answered. Kyungsoo felt her heart drop and clammed up.

“She’s auditioning for this new movie and it’s all focused around tap dancing,” Jongin continued to explain.

“Oh,” Kyungsoo nodded, trying hard to mask her shock and disappointment. Her hands were slightly trembling and her legs felt weak. “Have fun with that.” She spun on her heels to quickly make her away out of the room but Jongin called out to her again.

“What did you want to do this weekend?” he asked her still back. Kyungsoo bit her lip, trying to stop her watery eyes from stinging so she could think of an answer.

“I just missed your dogs,” she made up on the spot. “And I was wondering if I could see them this weekend but that’s okay. It’s whatever.”

“I can bring them over Thursday,” Jongin told her, taking a step closer.

“I’m going home that day to spend time with my family before promotions start,” Kyungsoo shook her head. “It’s fine though Jongin. I wasn’t expecting much from you anyways,” her last sentence had a bite to it that she couldn’t hide. Before Jongin could say anything else, she made an excuse about needing to use the bathroom and was out of the room. She needed a way to forget about Jongin fast.