Ups

Someone Loves You Babe

SM ENTERTAINMENT RESPONDS TO DO KYUNGSOO RUMORS

Recently news of idol group EXO’s main vocalist and actress extraordinaire, Do Kyungsoo, filing for contract termination has reached media outlets. Reports claimed that Do had hired a private lawyer to conduct the termination and had also been in touch with several acting agencies including Petal and Lock Shoe, home of actors like Song Joongki and Jo Insung. SM Entertainment has now responded to such rumors. A representative of the agency stated, “Rumors of Kyungsoo’s contract termination are completely untrue and have started from baseless claims. Our idol has no issues with her contract and will continue to promote as both an EXO member and actress.” When asked for a personal statement from the idol actress herself the representative responded, “Kyungsoo thinks that these rumors are so ridiculous that she refuses to even acknowledge them.” With their official statement released that puts to rest the rumors that EXO will be losing yet another member of their large team. Meanwhile, the idol group is in the middle of promotions for their summer comeback Kokobop. They will be performing tomorrow at Music Bank at 6PM KST.

 

“ing crazy isn’t it?” Baekhyun said, staring out their waiting room window at the group of fans perched below with posters and placards. Most of them had supportive messages for Kyungsoo and the group but Baekhyun could spot a few sour fans in their midst. “How someone can just make up a false claim and ruin everything.”

Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch, a permanent frown on her face. Rumors of her leaving had ruined her entire week and she was a bit offended that anyone would think that lowly of her.

“I don’t even understand how it started,” she pouted, “I haven’t stepped foot in any other agencies let alone talked to their CEO’s. And I don’t even know how to hire a lawyer!”

“At least it’s died down a bit,” Baekhyun mumbled as she turned from the window and joined Kyungsoo on the couch. “People weren’t saying nice things about you on my instagram page.”

“I don’t need to know it,” Kyungsoo told the other girl. There was a reason she wasn’t on any social media and protecting herself from nasty comments was one of the main reasons why. “Also I can’t believe you guys thought it might have been true too,” she shoved at Jongdae who was sitting on the floor and waiting for his turn in the stylist chair.

“Hey,” he defended himself, “you were the one who didn’t answer your phone for three goddam hours. What else were we supposed to think?”

“Oh that maybe my idiot brother decided to take the whole family out on a canoeing trip so that we could bond with nature but our freaking canoes tipped so all our phones were drenched and soaking in rice,” Kyungsoo responded. Once her phone had finally dried out she had been bombarded with hundreds of messages and calls and she had never rushed back to the dorms so quickly. She had been terrified that something horrible had really happened but once she read the headlines she was more furious that someone had actually come up with such an untrue rumor.

“I believed in you noona,” Sehun said tapping Jongdae’s shoulder so they could switch spots. His orange hair had just been dyed back to black and it was trimmed short again so he was easy to style.

“I only have Sehunnie now,” Kyungsoo said, scratching the top of his head affectionately.

“Are you ready to face them?” Baekhyun asked, gesturing to the fans waiting outside. “It’s really scary seeing them for the first time after something like this. I thought I was gonna die. I was so nervous and anxious that I couldn’t even concentrate. I swear I was gonna pass out on stage.”

“There’s nothing to hide so I’m not afraid,” Kyungsoo told her. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Atta girl,” their manager came up and patted her back. “That’s the right attitude to have. Management does want you to address the rumors though so think of a ment and run it over with me before recording starts.”

“Okay,’ Kyungsoo nodded. She already had a few words in mind. Even though she found the entire situation absolutely ridiculous, she did know how worried people had been and she hated that she had indirectly caused that.

They had to do three takes for their stage before they were given the all clear. Kyungsoo felt tired as usual after giving it her all but they had fans to greet and thank so she smiled as widely as she could and made eye contact with the audience in the pit. Today more than ever, she wanted to reassure them that she was here to stay and they didn’t have to worry about anything. Joonmyun started with their greeting and the mic was slowly passed from Sehun down the line, each member saying something short and sweet.   

The entire crowd quieted down when the mic passed into Kyungsoo’s hands and she grew a little self conscious at the sudden undivided attention but she began to speak anyways.

“It’s been a weird type of week hasn’t it?” she asked sheepishly. There was a united but muffled ‘yes’ from the crowd. “I just want you all to know that rumors are just rumors and that it’s better if you don’t pay attention to that type of stuff. I am sorry for any worries or burden that I have caused. I will become someone who is not an inconvenience to others to make sure that something like this does not happen again. Thank you for always loving and supporting us and I hope that everyone gets home safely,” she ended her ment with a polite little bow. It was completely silent for a moment and Kyungsoo thought that maybe she had made things worst but all of a sudden there was a ‘Kyungsoo I love you!’ shout from a fan and a chorus of I love you’s started ringing throughout the audience and she couldn’t help the smile that stretched across her face. Things were going to be okay.

 

Later that night while she was watching a movie on her laptop, her phone buzzed to notify her of an incoming call. She paused the screen and pulled her headphones out of her ears. Minseok was reading a textbook on her bed so Kyungsoo gave her a quick nod and grabbed her phone to answer it outside in the hallway.

“Hello?” she asked as she walked away from the room and towards the living room.

“Is Do Kyungsoo available?” the man on the other line asked.
“This is her speaking,” she answered.

“This is Director Kang from the production of Swing Kids,” the man introduced himself.

“Oh hello Director Kang,” Kyungsoo greeted him immediately, bowing in the middle of the hallway to no one out of habit. “Is there something that you need?” The company had hired a professional tap instructor for her and she had been practicing like crazy on top of her promotional schedules. She had auditioned a month ago and gone in for callbacks just last week. Tap had been super frustrating for her at first but once she got the basics down it was actually kind of fun and she found herself tapping her feet away at the most random times of day.

“I would actually like to offer you the role of the main female lead,” he announced suddenly. Kyungsoo felt her heart stop and her lips automatically pulled into her smile, her eyes growing wide. She could feel the jitters running up her body already and she had to stop herself from squealing out of excitement.

“Really?” she asked almost breathlessly.

“Yes,” he chuckled on the other end of the line. “You were our first choice by far. Your resume and work ethic were already on our radar but seeing your passion for dance and song really made you stand out. We’re just waiting for your response before we begin the next step in the production.”

“I accept,” Kyungsoo told him in a heartbeat.

“That’s exactly what we wanted to hear,” Director Kang said back. “We’ll be in touch with your manager about future schedules. The script might change a bit here and there but just keep on running through your lines and practicing the choreography you’ve already learned. I can’t wait to work with you more.”

“Thank you so much,” Kyungsoo told him, wishing he could just see how excited she was about this role. “I’ll do my absolute best. You won’t be disappointed I promise.” They exchanged a few more words and then their goodbyes and Kyungsoo hung up still tingling from joy. She wanted to scream to the world that she had gotten the role but Minseok was studying so instead she ran to the room next door and jumped into Joonmyun’s bed where the other girl was watching a YouTube video on miniature food. She buried her head into Joonmyun’s pillow and let out an excited scream.

“What’s gotten into you?” Joonmyun asked, pausing the video and looking at the other girl weirdly. It was rare that Kyungsoo was this expressive.

“I got the role,” Kyungsoo lifted her face off the pillow, a goofy smile on her face. “I got the part in Swing Kids!” Joonmyun’s face lit up at the news too and she pulled Kyungsoo in for hug. She knew how hard Kyungsoo had been working at her extra dance practices but she still didn’t slack off at any of their other schedules.

“Congratulations kid,” Joonmyun poked her belly. “I knew you were gonna get it.”

“I wanted it so badly,” Kyungsoo grabbed Joonmyun’s stuffed bunny and squeezed it in her hands to let out all of her energy. “I can’t believe I actually got it. There were like twenty other people trying out for the main lead.”

“Of course they would pick you,” Joonmyun knocked her head lightly. “You’re the absolute best because I raised you.”

“Thanks mom,” Kyungsoo , the smile not leaving her face.

“We should celebrate tonight!” Joonmyun said. “We can order pizza and get soda and silly party hats and stuff. I think Baekhyun and Chanyeol are out practicing bowling for that show they’re going on next week. I can text them to grab the stuff.”

 

Kyungsoo thought that nothing could bring down her mood. She got the role she worked so hard for. She had pizza in her stomach and all her members were happy too as they sat at their kitchen table just laughing and chatting over slices of pizza and red plastic cups of coca cola. They had all been super excited for her casting and Chanyeol and Baekhyun had even gotten her a cake too while they were out. It had been the perfect way to end her rather stressful week-until Jongin came home.

He had been out with Taemin and Moonkyu to catch up since it had been a while since they had all hung out but Kyungsoo knew he saw the message that Joonmyun had sent in the group chat about their spontaneous little party. Even Yixing had responded to it with a cute little congratulations and a thumbs up emoji but Jongin had not replied yet. She wouldn’t let it get to her though because he was with Taemin and Moonkyu that they were probably busy.

Jongin finally stumbled in just as they wrapped up the last four slices of pizza and were about to put them into the fridge. Everyone was expecting him to sit down and eat but instead he went to Kyungsoo and tapped her shoulder.

“Hey!” he greeted her with a warm smile. “Can we talk alone for a bit?” Kyungsoo was a bit confused but she nodded with a sure. She and Jongin walked a few steps over to the living room while the rest of the members continued cleaning up the table and kitchen.

“What’s up?” Kyungsoo asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I heard you got the role,” Jongin answered.

“I did,” Kyungsoo smiled, still really happy about the casting.

“Chaeyoung called me while I was out with the guys and she was crying,” Jongin started, looking down at the floor now. “She was upset because the director called and said that she didn’t get it. He said that she was their second choice but wouldn’t tell her who they actually casted.”

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo said, feeling bad for the other girl. Their audition and callback times had never overlapped but she knew that Chaeyoung must have been practicing hard for the role too.

“You know we’re gonna be really busy in the next few months,” Jongin continued to speak. “We still have repack promotions to get ready for and do and then we start touring again too. Our schedules are gonna be packed and we’re gonna be so stressed. We’re gonna be flying everywhere again and meeting our fans again and we have end of the year stuff to get ready for too. We’re just gonna be super busy. Are you sure you can handle another film schedule on top of all of that too?” Kyungsoo felt her stomach churn and her blood ran cold at Jongin’s words. She knew where this was headed but she wanted to see if he would prove her wrong because Jongin wouldn’t do this to her. Would he really do this to her?

“What are you trying to say?” she asked quietly and steadily. Jongin let out a sigh and tried to meet her eyes but Kyungsoo refused to look directly at him.

“Do you think you could reject the offer so Chaeyoung could have another chance at the lead role?” he asked. It seemed like every single noise and person in the room had stopped to listen in on their conversation and Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that Jongin had actually asked that question.

“ you,” she told him, voice cutting, hard, and angry. It would be the first time in their lives that Kyungsoo ever cursed at him.

“Oh come on Kyungsoo,” Jongin responded with an exasperated sigh, “You’ve had lead roles before and everyone knows what you’re capable of. This could be Chaeyoung’s big break. You don’t need this role to prove anything. Chaeyoung needs it more than you.” Kyungsoo rolled her eyes and began to walk away, not wanting to deal with this anymore. Jongin grabbed her elbow to stop her though and she spun around, pulling her arm out of his grip.

“What the is wrong with you?” she screamed at him, not able to hold it in anymore.

“I’m worried about you too okay,” Jongin told her, “I don’t want you to burn out because of this movie-”

“Oh don’t you dare pull that card on me,” Kyungsoo interrupted him and shook her head, “You don’t give a about me so don’t start acting like you do now.”

“What in the hell are you talking about Kyungsoo?” Jongin was beginning to raise his voice too. “Of course I care about you. I know what happens when you get stressed out and -”

“Lies,” Kyungsoo laughed in disbelief at his words, “all ing lies. You didn’t care when I got pneumonia during Pure Love because I was in the freezing ocean for too long. Everyone, even Tao who was on a ing plane back to China permanently, called or texted me but you didn’t. And then last year when I was filming Hyung and I sprained my shoulder during that judo scene you didn’t say anything again and just stayed in your own ing happy bubble. You want to know why you didn’t care Jongin? It’s because you were too busy with your ing girlfriend to care about what happened to me. So don’t start acting concerned about my health and safety just so you can get your girlfriend ahead in the industry. You can with my feelings all you want but I’m not gonna let you with my career. You know I don’t around with that stuff,” she finished viciously before walking away to her room. It was tensely silent throughout the rest of the dorm and Jongin just stood there, staring at the spot Kyungsoo had just been standing at.

“Way to go dickhead,” Baekhyun called from the kitchen. “If there was a daesang for biggest up of the year it would go to you.”

“Baek,” Joonmyun quietly scolded her, knowing that things would be tense for a while and Baekhyun’s words wouldn’t make things any better.

“He deserved it all,” Baekhyun mumbled underneath her breath as she continued to wipe the dishes.

“I’m gonna go check on her,” Minseok said, sliding past Jongin and into the hallway.

“Dude,” Chanyeol approached Jongin and put a hand on his shoulder. “Are you okay?” Jongin shoved it off.

“I need to get out of here,” he muttered, backing out of the living room and grabbing his car keys. Then there was the slam of the front door and silence again.

“What a ing way to end the night,” Sehun said, sitting on a chair with a sigh and draping his dish rag over his lap. Joonmyun let out a sigh too, staring at the direction Kyungsoo went before staring at the entrance where Jongin had stormed off. Sehun was right, what a ing way to end the night. She could only hope that Jongin didn’t do something to things up even more.


Author's note: This might be last update for this fic for a bit :( I'm gonna work on my other stuff and try to get my life sorted out. I might see you guys with another update next weekend but I'm not sure yet. Until then stay healthy and happy <3