A Monday Morning

Someone Loves You Babe

            “Where’s Kyungsoo?” Joonmyun asked head craning around their kitchen table as she looked for their smallest member.

            “Knocked out dead,” Jongdae answered through a mouthful of rice and eggs. Baekhyun appeared from behind him and smacked the back of his head.

            “Nasty,” she commented before taking the seat next to him and lightly buttering a piece of toast.

            “She didn’t get back till like three in the morning,” Minseok explained, handing Jongdae a napkin and shooting Baekhyun a look, reminding the younger girl to be nice this early in the morning. Baekhyun just smiled back at the older girl, eyes disappearing into little half moons and gums showing.

            “She’s done with filming now though right?” Joonmyun asked trying to remember Kyungsoo’s movie schedule. As the only leader of this group she tried her best to keep up with everyone’s schedules so that everything would flow together much easier.

            “I overheard her manager saying they might have to do a few touch ups on some scenes but I think she is done for the most part,” Minseok said. “Poor girl looked so tired when I saw her come in though. She just flopped on her bed and passed out.”

            “Bruh this is her like third project this year,” Sehun pointed out, toast crumbs all over his mouth.

            “Minseok is not your ‘bruh’,” Joonmyun kindly reminded their youngest member. She loved Sehun dearly like he was her own blood brother but sometimes the baby needed to be put back in place.

            “Bruh we all bruhs here,” Sehun replied. Jongdae laughed at that and held his hand up for a high five, which Sehun happily gave him. Joonmyun tried her best not to roll her eyes but she let it pass. It was an early Monday morning and they had a long photo shoot lined up for the day. She would let them have their fun.

            “Who cooked?” Jongin asked, wandering into the joint common room that connected the boy’s and girl’s areas of the dormitory.

            “Yixing did,” Baekhyun answered, reaching for another piece of toast and a spoonful of nutella.

            “Hyung’s back from China?” Jongin asked dropping into a chair and stabbing the last slice of bacon with his one of his chopsticks.

            “Baekhyun it isn’t nice to lie,” Joonmyun scolded the younger girl.

            “Chanyeol cooked,” Jongdae answered instead, sliding the plate of eggs over to Jongin.

            “Woah,” Sehun exclaimed, eyes going wide as he watched the pile of nutella grow on Baekhyun’s toast.

            “Are you calling me fat Oh Sehun?” Baekhyun asked him, sending him the look. Joonmyun held her breath and prayed that Sehun didn’t start anything. The two of them were paired up for the shoot and it was going to be hell if Baekhyun was in a bad mood.

            “I didn’t say anything,” Sehun replied quietly, diverting his eyes from Baekhyun’s food and looking at Joonmyun instead.

            “Smart boy,” their leader praised him quietly, leaning over to pat his cheek affectionately.

            “Where is Chanyeol?” Jongin asked, shoveling eggs into his mouth and gesturing for a glass of water.

            “I think he went out on a morning run,” Minseok answered.

            “Where’s Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked, taking a pause in his meal and looking around.

            “Sleeping,” Joonmyun answered. “She got back late last night. Someone should go get her up though. She can sleep in the car.”

            “I’ll do it,” Minseok volunteered, standing up. The two quiet girls were roommates and everyone knew that if Kyungsoo woke up with Baekhyun in her face, it wouldn’t be a good start to the day either.

            “Thanks Minseok,” Joonmyun smiled appreciatively. Minseok just winked back before leaving for her room. Their white blinds were still down, only the smallest streaks of morning light peeking into the room. Kyungsoo was curled up on top of her blue blanket, hair still pulled into a loose bun and arms wound tightly around her dyolamb doll. Minseok wanted to coo and just let the girl sleep for longer but she knew it wasn’t possible. She sat down next to Kyungsoo and touched her shoulder lightly.

            Kyungsoo woke up almost immediately, used to being a sensitive sleeper due to conditions on the set. Her wide eyes blinked sleepily before focusing on Minseok. Then she curled deeper into herself and snuggled back into her blankets.

            “No way,” Minseok laughed lightly as she tugged at Kyungsoo’s shoulders again. “You can sleep in the car.”

            “I always sleep in the car,” Kyungsoo whined cutely as she tried to wriggle away from Minseok’s hands. Their Kyungsoo was usually stoic and serious but it was uninhibited moments like these where she let her guard down and became almost babyish cute.

            “We have a shoot today for that charity,” Minseok reminded her. It was an important photo shoot. They were planned to be the faces of the entire event for the next year.

            “Five minutes,” Kyungsoo asked as she blindly grabbed for her baby blanket stuffed against the wall and tossed it over her head.

            “Fine five minutes and I’ll send Baekhyun in for you,” Minseok told her, patting her shoulders lightly.

            “No!” Kyungsoo yelled flailing up. “I’m awake now.” The last time Baekhyun had been in charge of getting her out of bed, there had been water involved, an un-consenting Sehun, and a very unhappy Kyungsoo, Joonmyun and manager.

            “I’ll text Chanyeol to pick up one of those Danish pastries you like and some coffee,” Minseok patted her cheek.

            “Thank you,” Kyungsoo mumbled sleepily, rubbing at her eyes.

            “Do you need help getting to the bathroom or can I trust you not to fall asleep while showering?” Minseok laughed.

            “I can do it,” Kyungsoo sighed as she stood up. She was still wearing sweats and an old high school gym shirt that she had changed into last night after filming. She stumbled into the girl’s bathroom and clumsily fumbled with the lights before kicking the door shut and warming up her shower water. Once she was stripped out of her sweats, she hopped into the shower and let out a pleased moan as the hot water hit her back. If she had the choice she would stay in there for a good half hour but she knew their schedule was tight today so she reached for her shampoo and got to work. As she was rinsing the bubbles out of her hair, she could hear the door open and shut and she internally groaned.

            “Baekhyun if you don’t get out in three seconds you’re going to regret it,” Kyungsoo called out as she reached for her conditioner.

            “It’s me,” an unexpected voice said instead. Kyungsoo froze as she heard the toilet seat go up.

            “Jongin,” she said, reaching for the shower curtain and pulling it tighter towards the wall. “What are you doing here?”

            “Sehun was being a and beat me to the bathroom even though I told him I needed to piss,” Jongin said. She could hear the sound of him peeing and then the flush of the toilet before the seat was put back down. There was the rush of the sink faucet and Kyungsoo was expecting for the door to open and close again but instead there was the shuffle of Jongin’s feet against the soft rug on the floor.

            “We’re partners today for the shoot,” he said softly. Kyungsoo could just picture him, sitting on the mint green rug and hopefully not staring at her dirty laundry.

            “Wow,” she mumbled as she continued to wash herself, “that’s great.”

            “Yeah it is,” Jongin said back. It was quiet again except for the sound of water drops hitting Kyungsoo’s body and the opening and closing of bottle caps. Her face was burning up even though she couldn’t see him and he couldn’t see her. She was suddenly very grateful that their dorms didn’t have the glass shower doors like her parent’s house did. Those panels were etched and blurred but they didn’t cover everything like a shower curtain properly did.

            “Are we good?” Jongin asked out of nowhere. The one second before her response seem to stretch like decades.

            “Yeah,” she nodded, turning the temperature knob up a few degrees. “We’re good Jongin.”

            “Okay,” Jongin responded, sounding convinced for now. “I’ll see you in a bit.”

            “See you,” Kyungsoo said. There was shuffling of feet again before the door opened and closed. Kyungsoo let out a heavy breath before turning off the water and reaching for a towel on the rack. It was going to be a long day.


Author's Note: Just a short intro to everything but we'll get into the good stuff soon! I can't promise regular updates yet but hopefully by posting this, I'll feel pressured to actually write all my ideas out!