Chapter 7

Maknae-Sitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 (Day: Saturday, Babysitter: Areum, Jiyeon's Growth: A few minutes younger than present day Jiyeon)

“Omo omo,” Areum was fiddling with the keys in her pocket. “I’m so nervous.” Today was her turn to take care of Jiyeon and she had no idea what to expect. Everyone was telling her that Jiyeon was growing at a rapid rate. With her shaky hands, she opened the door to the dorm and saw a familiar face. Jiyeon was sleeping soundly on the couch. “Were the T-ara unnies playing a prank on me?” Areum couldn’t believe it, Jiyeon looked exactly the same.

Jiyeon stretched her arms out and yawned, “Hmm Areum?”

“Annyeong Jiyeon, can you believe it?” Areum sighed, “Everyone was telling me that you’ve became a baby and that you’ve been growing at a fast rate and that you lost most of your memories.”

“Hahaha you’re taking care of me?” Jiyeon laughed, “You seem younger than me!”

“Hmm? So you did forget your memories?” Areum was confused.

“Hm kinda,” Jiyeon said without much thought, “Maybe. I don’t really know what happened to me.”

Areum looked at the table beside the couch. There were various drawings that Jiyeon drew herself. “Wow they’re dinosaurs..” Areum thought to herself. She picked up a page and was amazed by how much Jiyeon’s drawings improved. “When did you learn to draw so well?” Areum asked.

“What are you talking about?” Jiyeon was confused, “I’ve always drawn that well.” She laughed.

“How old are you?” Areum asked, just in case her unnies were telling the truth about their maknae sitting days.

“I’m twen- “ Jiyeon felt a sudden surge of aches in her head. “Aghh…” She placed one of her hands on her head and fell back on the couch.

“Omo! Jiyeon-ah! Are you alright?” Areum placed her hands on Jiyeon’s arm with a concerned her look in her face.

Jiyeon felt as if her head were about to explode, all of her memories were flooding back to her now. Everything that happened before the crazy week that she became a baby was coming back to her now. She took a few deep breaths before she could respond to Areum.

“I remember…” Jiyeon said as she stared at the ceiling.

“Remember what?” Areum asked.

“I remember what happened to me!” Jiyeon sat straight up. “I guess you could say I’m back to normal.”

“Do you remember how you became a baby?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter