Chapter 2

Maknae-Sitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 (Day: Monday, Babysitter: Qri, Jiyeon's growth: Toddler)

“Ah,” Qri felt a drop of water on top of her eyelid. She was peacefully sleeping when more droplets fell on her face. Was there a leak on the ceiling? Without opening her eyes, she wiped the water off of her face and stretched her arms, yawning. “Omo why does it feel like there is some weight on top of me?” Qri wondered. She slowly opened her eyes and was met with a sudden surprise.

“Qri-unnie!” Jiyeon giggled, it hard to make out what she said. Drool trailed from Jiyeon’s mouth and continuously dripped onto Qri.

“Jiyeon-ah! Don’t drool on your unnie,” Qri sat up from her bed and saw that a sticky note was attached to Jiyeon’s tiny palm. It read, “Today’s your turn to watch Jiyeon, Qri! So good luck!” Qri looked at the cute mindless Jiyeon and held her tiny face in her hands.

“Wha! You look more like yourself everyday!” Qri was surprised.

“I wanna go down,” Jiyeon said.

“I thought Boram told me you couldn’t walk…” Nonetheless, Qri followed Jiyeon’s request and carried her off the bed and placed her on the floor. Jiyeon began crawling away. Qri had to stop herself from leaving her jaw open. She couldn’t believe Jiyeon had learned so much so fast. There was something really weird about baby Jiyeon.

Qri went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. While brushing she wondered if Jiyeon had learned to practice hygiene yet. She walked out of the bathroom to find Jiyeon crawling all over the place, for no particular reason either. “Aren’t you tired Jiyeon?” Qri asked.

“No.” Jiyeon smiled and kept crawling.

“Come here please,” Qri asked Jiyeon, “Unnie will teach you how to brush your teeth.”

“Don’t wanna,” Jiyeon crawled away. Qri attempted to chase after Jiyeon but it seemed she had disappeared.

“Where did she…” Qri walked everywhere in the dorm, she couldn’t find Jiyeon but she could hear giggles all around her, “Okay now I’m getting scared…” Qri whispered to herself.

“Boo!” Jiyeon crawled out from under a random chair.

“Wha! How’d you get there?” Qri was amazed, “Don’t give me a heartattack, now come on let’s brush your teeth,” She picked Jiyeon up and brought her to the bathroom. She carefully let Jiyeon sit on the side of the sink and turned the faucet, allowing water to flow. Jiyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter