Chapter 4

Maknae-Sitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 (Day: Wednesday, Babysitter: Eunjung, Jiyeon's Growth: Big Kid)

“Baby Jiyeon-ah!!” Eunjung was super excited to see Jiyeon, she couldn’t believe that her maknae had become so young again. “Wow, you’re probably the most excited out of all of us to take care of Jiyeon huh?” Soyeon asked Eunjung the previous day.

“Yes!!!” Eunjung’s dorkiness was bound to mix with Jiyeon’s. Today was Eunjung’s day to take care of Jiyeon and she was going to make sure that it was the funnest day ever. “Soyeon told me that Jiyeon loves dinosaurs, so I bought this stuffed dinosaur toy!” Eunjung talked to herself out loud. She walked into the door, carrying a lot of things with her that she expected to play with Jiyeon, she most likely wouldn’t need all those things though.

“Baby Jiyeon-ah!” Eunjung called out again. She looked all over the place. Instead of finding a baby, or even a toddler, Eunjung saw a kid who was about ten years old.

“What baby?” Jiyeon asked.

“…” Eunjung was speechless, “Kyah! Even as a kid, you were so cute Jiyeon!” Eunjung ran up to Jiyeon and gave her a tight hug.

“Ahh!” Jiyeon thought, “Eunjung-unnie has gone crazy.”

“This is what we’re going to do today…” Eunjung brought out a long list of things and began to read. Jiyeon stared at her with boredom. “I don’t want to do any of that boring stuff!” She ran away.

“It’s not boring, I promise!” Eunjung desperately tried to be cool. “I even bought you a dinosaur toy!”

“Nooo!” Jiyeon screamed, “That’s for babies!” She continued down the hallway as fast as she could.

“But you love dinosaurs!” Eunjung chased after the fast kid. “Your shirt has a dinosaur on it!”

“You’re a weird Unnie!” Jiyeon screamed as she ran faster.

Eunjung stopped and sighed, “I guess I’m not that cool after all…” She stared at Jiyeon as her maknae ran farther and farther away from her. “Ah Jiyeon! Look out!”

Jiyeon was running too fast and crashed into a book case. A giant book was about to slip off the bookcase and crush the poor kid. “Ahhh!”

“Yah!!!!” Eunjung whipped out her best Taekwondo kick and hit the book aside, even cutting the book in half...with her feet.

“Whoaa! You’re so cool Unnie! Can you teach me that?” Jiyeon asked Eunjung excitedly.

“You want to learn Taekwondo? Wait, you called me c-cool?” Eunjung teared up, she was proud that Jiyeon was finally looking up to her. While Eunjung was savoring the moment, she didn’t notice Jiyeon already trying out the kick. “Yah!” Jiyeon screamed as she kicked Eunjung on the thigh.

“Oww!” Eunjung’s jaw dropped in disbelief, “So much power for a small kid! They weren’t kidding when they said that you learn fast!” Eunjung proceeded to show Jiyeon a variety of different kicks and punches that she had learned. Without needing to show Jiyeon more than once or twice, she was surprised again and again at the incredible speed the ten year old kid was learning at. “What happened to you Jiyeon?” Eunjun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter