Hayoung

Symphonies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

x

“Poor Apink sunbaenim,” Woozi broke the silence inside the waiting room. His group will just get ready to record some stage performances with other idols during Music Bank half year show, but unfortunately, a bomb threat spread out till make the recording session should postponed.

“You’re right. I hope polices will catch the er up soon! Oh God, how could they do this to angels like them!” Jun suddenly curses.

“Wew, language dude. We’re in the middle of broadcasting though,” Hoshi warned  the 1996 liner mate and Jun cupped his mouth as the result.

“I agree with Junhui hyung. I hope that person will stop this irresponsible act soon. He’s such a hardcore sasaeng though,” Dino added.

“I’ll call Eunji sunbae to ask their conditions. They must be really shocked,” Seungkwan took a phone from his bag. But when he was about dialing her number, the door of Seventeen’s waiting room opened.

“Oh— anyeonghaseyo sunbaenims,” being a person that sitting nearest to the door, Joshua immediately got up and bowing 90 degrees to Apink members that suddenly show up behind the wooden door. Other members quickly do the same when the 6 members of the group, along with their manager come inside.

“As a leader of the group, I want to apologize on the behalf of my friends for the issue that happened today. We’re really regretting it and feel bad to other idols here. So, we’re so sorry about that,” Chorong spoke out.

“You don’t need to say sorry, sunbaenim. It wasn’t your fault at all. Otherwise we feel so worried about you and Apink members. No one would want this kind of thing to happen,” being a leader, S.coups talked first.

“Uri leader is right. We hope you will not let this threat burdened your career,” Jeonghan, as the second eldest member added.

“As your hoobae, we will always support you,” Vernon chimed in.

“Keep strong Apinkeu sunbaenim~” Mingyu tried to enlightened the mood by doing some aegyo and it caused laughter from both of them.

“Thank you very much. You guys are such a kindhearted dongsaeng,” this time, Eunji spoke out.

“You’re most welcome, sunbae. I hope we will have a chance to do some collaboration in the future. You know after the karaoke room event last year, I really wanted to sing a duet song with you, Eunji sunbaenim,” Dokyeom blurted out and he earns wolf whistled from Minghao.

“Looks like uri Eunji had a secret fanboy here~” Bomi member and it made the previous awkward situation turned warmer.

But, there was a person that being mute since the beginning. Instead of share laugh together with s and Apink, he decided to keep his mouth shut. He only let his eyes staring at one of Apink member that stood on the left side. He keep staring and staring, till made the girl realized the meaning of his deep gaze.

***

5 years ago

“There are so many empty tables around. Why you choose to sit here?”

Hayoung suddenly looked up to the owner of the deep voice and found he was staring at her with a question look. “I guess there’s no prohibition sign here,” she shrugged.

Wonwoo has no choice but shifting his seat as soon as the girl sits next to him.

“You are Jeon Wonwoo, right?” Hayoung managed to continue their conversation when she just settles herself on her new classroom.

He nodded. “How could you know my name, Hayoung sunbae?” chin up as Wonwoo finally able to see her face at that close.

“Don’t need to be that formal. We’re same liner anyway. Let’s be friends,” she smiled while offering a handshake.

“Huh?” Wonwoo blinked in confusion. He actually surprised because the girl was popular enough among their country and she took the first step to talk to him.

“Didn’t you hear me? I was asking you to be my friend. Is there anything wrong with that?” she grinned.

 

Soon after, both of them naturally become a good friend. With Hayoung’s bright personality, she could easily mingle with Wonwoo. As soon as the vocal class ended, Wonwoo found the girl’s presence that was already waiting for him outside the class.

She quickly handed him a bottle of lemon water.

“What is it for?” he asked while put a confusion look to her.

“This is an apology about yesterday. You know that I just accidentally spilled the juice on your book. So I guess, this was enough to make you forgive me,” she said while look down on her shoes, afraid that somehow her male friend will get mad at her.

“You should buy me the new book rather than give me this kind of drink,” Wonwoo snickered at her.

“W-what?” Hayoung lifted up her chin this time. Wonwoo couldn’t help but chuckles as soon as he saw her innocent face.

“You’re indeed a pabo,” he said still chuckles while was about to open the cap of the juice. But Hayoung suddenly grab the bottle from him till made him startled. “H-hey—”

Hayoung open the cap harshly and started to drink the juice.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Wonwoo began to protest because he clearly heard the girl was giving him the lemon juice, but now she finished it by herself.

“You should not drink this if you think it wasn’t enough to make you forgive me,” Hayoung said while stuck her tongue out.

“Y-you— Aish... So annoying!” Wonwoo groaned as he began to leave the girl that seems satisfied after she made fun of her friend.

“Yah, yah! Wait for me!” she held her laughter while try to catch Wonwoo with fast steps. “I’m just kidding. Actually I’ve bought 2 bottles of juice for us. Look!”

“Forget it. I lost my appetite already,” Wonwoo fake an annoyed look.

“Aigoo~ you’re too sensitive!”

***

 

There was a time when Hayoung found her math grades was the lowest in her class. And being a Math genius, she asked a help and he gave her an additional lesson. She often to come to his house to ask him to help her doing the homework.

“Wonwoo-ya, can we always study together like this?” Hayoung asked while the taller still being busy with his calculation.

“Study together? How much you can pay me?” he said without left his gaze from the math book.

“Savage...” she mumbled in annoyance.

“Buy me some pizza or ice cream after this. Nothing is free in this world, miss,” Wonwoo retorted.

“Okay, okay. I’ll treat you anything you want. Then you have to be my teacher!”

 

An hour later when Hayoung already going back home, Wonwoo’s mother approached her son in his room.

“Wonwoo-yah, is she your best friend?” Mrs. Jeon managed to ask. “I guess I’ve ever seen her on television.”

“Did you mean Oh Hayoung?” he answered with a question and he earn a nod from the elder after. “Yes, she is a close friend of mine. What’s wrong, eomma?”

“I think I like her,” Mrs. Jeon stated by all of the sudden, causing a gasp on her son.

“W-what?”

“She’s nice. I didn’t mind if someday you’ll decide to date him, dear,” Mrs. Jeon tapped Wonwoo’s shoulder till made him choked.

“Don’t joking around, eomma. We’re just friends, not more than that.”

***

 

“Wonwoo-ya, come here!”

“Wait a second!” Wonwoo that previously was busying himself reading his favorite book suddenly heard a call from Hayoung. She was standing in front of their classroom door and he rushed to approach her after. “What happened?”

“Come with me now,” Hayoung grabbed his wrist and dragged him with her. Wonwoo didn’t know when it starts, but he suddenly could feel something strange greet his heart just when he feel the skinship between them.

They stopped at the basketball court and Hayoung asked him to sit on the bench with her while their school basketball team was practicing in front of them.

“Why did you suddenly take me to a place like this?” Wonwoo frowned but he could bet the girl’s face was sparkling.

“I need your help,” she said.

“What kind of help?” Wonwoo asked and suddenly Hayoung pointed her finger to one of the guy from the basketball team.

“Did you see him? The tallest guy with the bangs,”

Wonwoo nodded, still have no clue.

“Come to him and ask his phone number for me, please...” Hayoung grinned but Wonwoo’s jaw dropped in shock.

“Y-yah, why should I? You can ask him by yourself!”

“Hey, don’t talk too loud. He can hear us!” Hayoung hissed as she covered Wonwoo’s mouth with her palm. Another skinship that causing another strange thuds inside his heart.

“I won’t do that. Just ask by yourself,” Wonwoo gave her a glare this time.

“There are a lof of boys around him. I’m too shy... So please, Wonwoo-yah... You are my one and only hope,” Hayoung begging and shot him with pleading eyes.

“Aish this pabo!” Wonwoo stood up from his seat.

“Yaiy! You’re indeed a best friend of mine! Jeon Wonwoo, saranghae~” Hayoung beamed happily when the male decided to help her.

Meanwhile, Wonwoo just could let out a sigh when he saw her happy face. He really didn’t know why his heart began to feel some kind of pain.

***

 

3 days later

“Wonwoo-ya~”

“What?” Wonwoo was still chewing his meal and he only glance at the girl that suddenly took a seat next to him in the school’s cafeteria.

“Thank you very much~” Hayoung sang and began to shook his arm continuously.

“Yah, stop it! You’re just ruining my quality lunch time!” he yelled as sent a glare to her, but the girl kept the goofy smile on her face.

“Did you know the reason why I became so happy like this?” she asked in amazement.

Wonwoo shrugged while took a glass of water from the table.

“Because of you, Junheong and me finally become an item!” Hayoung put a wide smile on her face, while Wonwoo suddenly choked. “Hey, be careful,” she patted the back of him continuously to make him stop from coughing.

“S-seriously? You are dating him now?” he asked again to make sure.

“Definitely yes,” she nodded without loosening the wide smile on her face.

“Geez, your mouth will soon tear apart if you keep smiling like that,” he hissed.

“Yah! You should congratulate me rather than mocking me!” Hayoung groaned. “You seems unhappy with this news though.”

“N-no, of course I’m happy for you... Congratulations, Hayoungie,” Wonwoo fake a smile.

“I know right. You are my best friend forever, Jeon Wonwoo,” Hayoung suddenly leaned her head on his shoulder while playing with his shirt. She was too immersing with her heart till the bitter smile on her best friend face had missed.

***

 

@Junheong Birthday Party

The music seemed louder as the night went on, while Wonwoo just sat alone in the corner of the room. He was all alone since his one and only close friend, Oh Hayoung, was dancing with her boyfriend. Both of them looked very comfortable with each other and totally ignoring his presence.

Hayoung and Junheong stopped from dancing when the time was getting late. They then decided to sit with Wonwoo. But he still feel abandoned because the new couple were drinking and talking about themselves, like Wonwoo wasn’t there with them. Suddenly, the upbeat music changed into the ier type of songs and made the couple to be more intimate toward each other. When Wonwoo stole a glance to their side, his heart should break because he found Junheong ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter